Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Have fun seeing your little bubbas again on thursday helen!

Not long to go now Cathie- hang in there you have done an amazing job!!!

Shell how did you go getting into seeing the OB in between now and when your next appointment is. Its not long to go till the 30th of Sep now!

take care girls and belly rubs to you all!

Thanks Odette, I am soo excited.

Had a mini panic attack last night when I realised that I am 28 weeks this weekend and down to fortnightly visits. Even though I am getting sick of myself and it feels like I have been pregnant FOREVER, it is flying all of a sudden and I havent even nearly gotten everything done. At least I have most of my boys and unisex baby clothes washed. Havent done the girls ones yet, but I'll get there.

Take care

Morning Ladies,

Helen - Hope your growth scan shows that your babies are growing wonderfully.
    And you still have plenty of time to get organised....just do a bit at a time.

Odette - I will be seeing the OB either today or tomorrow, but only after seeing my local GP yesterday with severe swelling of the feet, ankles and calves. I had some bloods taken yesterday and have to collect urine for 24hrs to check for protein. She has asked the clinic at the hospital to see me also, although I have not heard from them with an appointment time yet
    I will be back to the GP this morning anyway as this morning the swelling has spread to my hands and face. BP was fine yesterday and there was no protein present in urine. Can pre-eclampsia start with just the swelling?

Cathie - How are you doing? Are you still hanging in there?

to all

Shell

Shell-Thanks, I am trying to calmly do little bits and pieces. That sounds awful about all of the swelling you have got, let alone the fact that you are probably really uncomfortable. I think that you can get swelling without the pre-eclampsia. It's good though that they are monitoring you and keeping an eye out for it, it means that if you do develop it, hopefully they will be able to manage it so you can get further into your pregnancy. I really hope that everything goes ok at the dr today, if you can let us know how you went. Huge hugs.

CathieW Guest

Good morning lovely ladies.

Yes I am still here. I'm 36 weeks this week and I see the Ob today. So next week I have decided to bring on the tears with the OB in hope that he may Induce me as I'm so over it and the babies are good sizes. Two weeks ago the boy weighed 6l 5o and my little girl was 5l 9o. So we will see what happens. I hope everyone is going well.
    Look after yourselfs. Well off to work I go.

Cathie

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Cathie, Shell and Helen,
    U go girls. Great jobs!!! Hope you are all handling well. Thinking of you and feeling for you all. My twins are fraternal b/g and were 7mnths yesterday. Time flies when you are so busy. My husband has been going away a fair bit lately for work and I have been extra busy...school, pre-school and the twins to contend with alone!!! It is incredible what you can contend with when you just have to. I think it takes me a whole 3 mins to crash at night once all are settled. HA! Take care all. Kim XXX

Hi Kim and thanks for the well wishes. I hear you about taking 3 mins to crash at night, I am like that already and mine aren't even born yet...sometimes I am in bed before my kids

Helen - How did the scan go yesterday? Hope they are growing well.

Cathie - Hope you are hanging in there - how did your OB appointment go?

I have been monitored earlier in the week for PE, however at this stage it just appears to be severe pitting odema. So my feet are like balloons! There go my chances of taking the kids to the melbourne show tomorrow
    I have been advised to keep a close eye on things and notify the clinic if I develop any further symptoms. On the plus side, because of the swelling I will now be having weekly appointments, which will ease my mind a little.
    33 weeks today

Hope everyone is well
    Shell

CathieW Guest

Hi Girls,
    Well all is fine with me 0nly that my appointment was 2.45pm and he did'nt see me until 3.45pm, my hubby was really impressed (NOT).
    HOPE all is well shell.

Cathie

Question

Cathie-That sounds like some good weights for your babies. What did your OB say about inducing you? I hate it when it's a long wait, eek for your hubby. Glad to hear that things are fine though.

Kim-You definantly sound like you have your hands full. I am expecting fraternal b/g twins and we already have a girl and boy so we will have even no.s. How old and what sexes are your other children?

Shell-So GLAD to hear that you dont have PE. It still sucks about the swelling though, but as you said it will be nice to see the dr weekly. I think going to the Melbourne show would definantly be a feat and a half as it is without all of the swelling.

My scan went well. EDD is 13 Dec. Boy measures EDD 15dec, so 2 days ahead, last scan he was 7 days ahead. Girl measures EDD 10 Dec, so 3 days behind, last scan she was right on EDD. So all in all they are growing really well. The boy is presenting first in breach and the girl is head down.
    My cervix was measured twice, first was 2.3cm and the 2nd with me pushing babies onto my cervix was 1.6cm. Now I have my OB appointment on Tuesday, but just wondering if anyone can shed some light on these measurements. I know that it has shortened but just wanting to compare and get some ideas from other twin mummies who may have had their cervix measured.

Take care all.

Helen glad to hear the scan went well and babies are growing well

OMG OMG OMG OMG

My 13 week scan yesterday was

AWESOME

Sorry as you can tell I am a little bit excited

Both Twins are doing fantastic, both measured about 7.5cm from head to bum and had brilliant heartbeats.

Twin 1 - was extremely co-operative and was in the right place for the lady to get the measurements on the neck, whereas TWIN 2 was being rather temperamental and would not stay in the right place

The measurements were 1.52mm and approx 1.63mm, so all looks really good.

One thing the lady did say was that both of the placentas were very low lying, but we will find out more at the next scan.

We got lots of Happy Snaps to bring home and show to the family as well.

To top my day off, we have a fair idea of the sexes as well. The lady told me that she was 99.99999% sure of them. Hubby agreed as he saw the same things as she did. We are not going to be stupid and go out and buy colour appropriate clothes until after the 20 week scan to play it safe.

WE ARE SOOOOO EXCITED
    twin 2

Twin 1

SamOake-A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS, glad to hear that everything went well at the scan. Whoohoo on having an idea of sexes.

Shannon-Thanks, when do you have your next scan?

I have had it! LOL just tired etc, I am sure you all know what I mean.
    Last edited by **Helen**; September 22nd, 2008 at 10:04 AM.

CathieW Guest

Hi ladies,
    Glad to hear that everyone is doing fine, gee we have lots of mummies having twins.
    I have one question to ask, I'm 37 weeks and it's starting to hurt now with all the pressure of the babies . Did it hurt anybody else at the stage?

Cathie

CathieW Guest

Hi
    Went for other ultrasound today and OMG the twins are growing sooooo well, my little boy is 7lbs and my little girl is 6lbs, I'm scared now I have to push them out

Cathie

Hey Cathie - those are great weights, how much longer will you be allowed to go? Will they induce you or just let you go?

SamOake - Congrats on a great scan!

Helen - Hope you are well.

Things here are ok - the swelling is still an issue and have been in a few times to have BP, etc checked....it's starting to be a real pain.
    Cathie - I can't imagine how you must be feeling....I am so uncomfortable and over it all. As much as I would like them to bake a little longer, I would also love to have my body back. I have another appointment tomorrow, but my next growth scan isn't until nearly 35 weeks.....thats 6 weeks between scans, so I have no idea what sizes they are. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow I can find out how far rhey will let me go, etc.

and to all
    Shell

Ok firstly a quick update. Had my Ob appointment today. I dont have gestational diabetes, the 2nd test came back perfectly fine, and all my iron levels etc are good, no worries there. Scan results from the twins were good, they are both approx 2lbs and they both scored 8/8 on some test thing they do. So they are doing all the things that a singleton would do and also the same size. My cervix is shortened and funnelling is shown(sorry dont know what they mean, but I dont think it is good). So today I went and had my first steroid shot, so I have a bit of an achey leg now, and I have the 2nd one tomorrow. There is a reasonable chance I will go into early labour, so they want to make sure that everything possible is done to help now. I am hoping to get to 34 weeks. But it would be nice to get to at least 36 weeks.

CathieW:Wow that is a great size set of twins!

Shell:Bet you cant wait to have that scan done! Sorry to hear that swelling is still an issue. Must be a pain getting BP checked all the time, but at least they are keeping an eye on you.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hey all. Glad to hear you are all hangin in there. My little boy is really getting around now and starting to try and crawl..help!!! My girl is still happy to roll around but she is getting faster!! I sympathize with you all and how you are feeling. My OB let me go to 39wks and induced me. I was in tears with discomfort from 34wks+ daily...not nice but, not forever. Keep hanging in there girls, you are all doing well.
    Just to answer the cervix q...I was given a course of steroids at 26wks because my cervix was only 1cm long and OB was concerned about early labour but that was not to be and both bubs were over 7lb and both were 51cm long. Nature is a strange thing, you never really know what to expect but you are all doing a great job incubating those precious bundles and it is all worth it!! Take care all. Kim.xxx

CathieW Guest

Hi girls,
    Well I went for my OB appointment yesterday and I explained to my Ob that I'm working full time and I'm looking after 3 children I would like to be induced. He checked me out and I'm already 4 cm dilated so he booked me in for next tuesday to be induced unless I go before hand. I'll be 38 weeks next week.

Weare very excited
    Cathie

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast