Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

SamOake - Glad to hear that your appointment went well.

Cathie - The fact that you haven't posted has me hopeful that you will not need to be induced, however either way it won't be long now. All the best for a wonderful birth and you will be holding your beautiful babies before you know it. I will be thinking of you.

to everyone else.

Not much to report here - I have a scan tomorrow and then an OB appointment on Wednesday, so at the moment I am just hanging in there.

CathieW Guest

HI

Well tomorrow is the big day, I'm a little scared but also excited. Thanks for all the support. You won't hear from me until I get out of hospital.

Cathie

good luck cathie and enjoy the baby moon!!
    If you want one of us to post your birth message on here- just PM us and we can give you a mobile number to txt the detalis
    good luck- get a big sleep tonite- cause tommorow your life changes (and for the best)
    hugs
    odette

CathieW-I hope that everything went well and you are enjoying your time with your new larger family.

SamOake-Glad to hear your appointment went well, hope things are going smoothly for you.

ATryingTime-How did your scan and ob appointment go?

Well I can no longer drive. I keep getting massive heart palpitations which cause me to nearly pass out. Quite normal, but too dangerous for driving, so just have to sit down when I get them. Babies are both doing really well, causing me heaps of pain. The little girl has taken to basically constantly sticking out (dont know if it's head or bum). On Mon I had some really bad pains, and was sure that the twins had changed position. Ob says its hard to tell but it looks like they have and that all of their moving would have been irritating my cervix causing the pain. I can no longer sleep. But I am still feeling upbeat.
    I have another growth scan on thursday, so will be nice to see them again.

CathieW Guest

Hi Girls

Our babies were born tuesday night at 9.00pm, Sam was 7lbs 3ozs Hana was 5lbs 10ozs. 12mins between them.
    The labour was great, I had an Epi and I did'nt feel a thing. I was sitting up in bed talking to my hubby reading magazines. I could feel the pressure when I was having a contraction but their was no pain. Sam and Hana needed to be turned and they did need some assistance with the vac but I did'nt feel a thing. I stayed in hospital until Friday as all the midwifes were giving me different advice and they were sooooo busy that I did'nt get to rest as I was looking after the twins by myself I would rather be at home with my hubby helping me.

Hows everyone going?
    Cathie

Congratulations Cathie, I am soo happy for you that everything went well and smoothly for you and your beautiful babies.

Cathie- whooohoo. A big congratulations. It must be nice to be home finally!
    How are you other children coping? I bet they adore them to bits. So glad to hear that the labour went really well. So both needed turning,eeeek. Glad to hear that they came out safe and sound. Beautiful names, love the way you spell Hana. So Sam was first and then Hana. 12 mins that's quite quick. Are they both the same length? Does Hana look like a tiny little thing next to her brother(who is tiny too!)?

Anyways, take care.

A HUGE congratulations Cathie on the bith of your babies.
    Welcome to the world Sam and Hana
    I hope that you are enjoying some quality time at home together as a family now.

Well we had another scan last week and it looks like both babies are around the 2kg or 5lb mark, so I guess thats pretty good.
    My other 2 were just over 3kg, so I don't have huge babies anyway.
    On a down side, I finally met the OB I am booked under for delivery and wasn't very impressed with his bedside manner, I felt very rushed and was told I won't be delivering without an epidural.
    It didn't help that my DH didn't make it to the appointment, so I had no-one to back me up!
    Anyway, I have since spoken to other departments in the hospital and been told that I can't be forced to have an epi, so I will wait and see what happens on the day.
    I really don't want to have one unless it is absolutely neccesary, and even then I think I would prefer a GA.
    Mind you, I did notice that when I met the OB he has the hugest hands I have ever seen! - Just what you want for a manual extraction!

I have been having some really bad lower back pain, nausea, etc over the last couple of days and 'twin A' has been engaged for at least a week, so I guess they could make their arrival at any time now.

Chat soon and take care everyone.
    Shell

CathieW Guest

Hi
    The family is all well the 2 year old is finding it a little hard. Sam was 53cm long and Hana was 48cm long. Hana is soooo small compared to Sam. I'm finding it really hard to get into a routine, last night I got 4 hours sleep as Sam decided he didn't want to sleep and we had to wake Hana to feed her. I don't know how I'm going to go as I go back to work next week.

Cathie

Hi

we have been MIA, so busy. the boys are doing great putting on weight and growing fast. from memory Caleb is 5.7kg and Sebastian is 5.5kg sounds small since they are 15 weeks old but their corrected age is only 9 weeks so they are on track. i have found this hard since they are premi babies for things like medications you need to go by their corrected age not their birth age.

i am finding having twins great fun watching their differences is so amasing. Caleb is a bit of an emotional baby likes company and a quiet atmosphere, hates to be wrapped (even tho i do it) sleeps a lot and probably would sleep all night is sebi didn't disturb him. Sebastian is already a little inderpendant, watches Tv with his Big brother and it looks as tho he is studdying it. he is happy to play on his own for a while but needs a bit more attention to get to sleep. Isaac (my big baby) and sebastian are very similar but i cant waite ti see how they change.

Cathie you must be super woman, i cant believe your going back to work at least i guess you can take bub's to work too. i might consider going back to work when they are 4 i guess i'll need to work to pay for school. (kyper is expensive for 3)

ATryingTime keep those legs closed mate; i was at your stage when i had my boys. i had to have a c/sect (tho that was the plan anyway just not so soon) its not plesant to have premi babies leaving them in hospital whily you go home is heartbreaking and not being able to hold them strait away hurts too. does your hospital deliver at any gestation? as i was early i had to go to a different hospital my chosen hospital only delivers post 35 weeks or 36 for twins. i didn't want a natural birth i loved my c/sect but i was told that pree 36 weeks can be risky to deliver did you speak to you ob about what the plan is if you go early? plus my boys both needed help to breath so they needed a quick exit, and i didn't really see them for an hour or so but DH was with them the whole time.
    also don't worry about the Ob my ob is a bit of an a$$ but i chose him because he is good at what he does. good luck anyway i'll post a few pics of my boys after their birth.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...97&ppuser=6306

better run take care all

kristy

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to say a big Congratulations to our new twins mummys.
    Also Congratulations to all our Twin Mummys to be. WTG.

Well my boys are very very active and am finding myself very exhausted at the end of the day.

Hello to everyone

hiya

i'm pregnant with faternal twins. I found out the sexes hopefully tomorrow at my big scan. I have a 6 year old (Darrian), a 4 year old who will be five in nov (Daniel) and a 1 year old (Isaac). Right now i am 19w 4days.

I seem to have big babies (8lb1oz, 10lb6oz & 7lb 9oz) Isaac was only 36 weeks though as i was induced due to borderline pre e, Gestional Diabetes, high does of Insulin and big baby.

My ob said to me that they suggest an epi for mothers of twins but don't inforce it. I have decided that i will go for a epi. Even though Darrian and Daniel were all natural and Isaac i used the gas. i just feel that this time around there is more chance for things to happen out of my control as in having to turn baby etc.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Congrats on the birth of your twins new mommies.

Angel

congratulations angelraelz

hope you get your pink bundle's. my isaac is the same age as yours will be when your babies come.
    and i thought you may be interested in this pram i know i had issues finding one to accomidate 3 babies. http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...22&ppuser=6306 its made by adventure buggy (phil and ted)

Hi guys,

Cathie - I can't believe you are going back to work already - and I thought I was nuts hoping to go back in Jan. Best of luck with getting a routine sorted and that the family adjust and settle soon.

KristyJ - Glad to hear that your boys are doing and well and putting one weight. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Leemar - Thanks for the congratulations. Look forward to chatting with you more.

Angel- How did things go with the scan? Were they obliging with giving up the info you wanted? I will be thinking pink for you.

Helen - How are you holding up?

Hi to anyone I missed.

I have been MIA a bit over the last week.
    Spent a couple of nights in hospital with high blood pressure, but been sent home on on meds now and just having my BP checked every second day at the GP's.
    My feet are still very swollen and are sore.
    I really hope these two decide to make an entrance soon as I think my body has just about had enough, not to mention my mind! Everyday I'm thinking 'oh it could be today' and it's starting to do my head in a bit.
    I may need to start on my next two units of study to try and distract myself.
    Not too much longer and then the real fun begins.
    Chat soon
    Shell
    Last edited by ATryingTime; October 14th, 2008 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Typos :doh:

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hey all. Wow, this thread is really pumping! Welcome Kristy!! You now have supermum status!!
    It's great to hear everyone is doing well.
    I really empathise with you Helen. Not long now and it will soon be a faded memory when you hold your beautiful bundles! Any news on Cathie yet?
    Think of you all often, just have trouble finding the chance to communicate! Hubby goes away with work a fair bit lately and juggling 4 kids with school, pre-school, a crawling monster and a rolly polly princess is a little time consuming to say the least
    Anyway, all well here, not sure about sane but alive and kicking at least
    Leeanne, you are so right about introducing solids...they are little gobble gutses! To take turns is too long between mouthfuls for them both. Patience ? If only they understood?! Messy and incredible appetites. Oh, the fun we have!!!!

Take care all
    Love and good wishes Kim
    XOXOXOXOXOXO

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Cathie, just read the great news. So happy for you Hope you are settling in well at home. Take care. Kim.

CathieW Guest

Hi,
    Was rushed to hospital on Monday as I started to bleed. They pumped me with Antibiotics for the past 3 days as I have an infection. Well I feel much better now.
    Babies are great, lots of work.

Cathie

Oh Cathie, that sounds awful, I hope that everything slears up quickly for you.

ATryingtime-Bring on those babies soon for you. Hope your BP stays stable for you.

Sorry to tired for personals.

Had a false alarm yesterday. Got cleared in at hospital to go home, but had continuing BH for another 6 hrs after that. Growth scan showed baby boy at 4pd 3oz and baby girl at 3pd 11oz, so BIG babies onboard. Had the scan at 30 5/7 gest. Have an OB appointment tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast