Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Ob appointment went well. Babies doing well. My stretch marks are splitting (OUCH!) nothing I can do about it. Low blood pressure, which is why I have been feeling icky. I have my c/s booked for the 20 Nov. So something to look forward to. I am 2nd on the list, so I shouldnt have to wait too long.

Hi Ladies,

Cathie - Hope you are feeling much better. Glad to hear the babies are going well.

Helen - Glad to hear things are travelling smoothly for you too, and now you have a date to count down to.

Well my BP is not much better, in fact they have had to double my meds as the first round didn't bring it down at all. I have until next Wednesday for these two to arrive on their own, or I will be induced. Had another growth scan today and they are both around the 2.7kg or 6lb mark. I am just really hoping that I can manage to get started on my own and not need to be induced. Either way I have less than a week to go.
    Hope everyone else is well.
    Shell

Shell-Gosh that is awful that your BP is still high and that they have had to double your medication. I hope all goes well. Less than a week! How EXCITING! Sending you heaps of calming labour vibes for you. I hope everything goes smoothly and well for you.

CathieW Guest

Hi girls,
    How's everyone going?
    Well the twins are going really well, but I'm not really enjoying it much as it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much work. One crys and than the other one crys, the 2 year old is getting into the cupboards pulling everything out. Hope everything gets bettter.

Cathie

Cathie - congratulations! Sorry you're having a rough time so far. It gets better, I promise!

Helen - youch on the stretch marks. you poor thing. Carrying twins is certainly an uncomfortable experience! Wait till you see what it's done to your skin after they're born! EEEp!

Shell - Fingers crossed you go into labour on your own. Can you ask your dr or midwife to do a stretch and sweep and go for a good walk (or painful, huffing, puffing waddle!)? With all that weight on your cervix, a little encouragement might be all you need. Good luck!

Hi Ladies,

Helen - Sorry to hear about the stretch marks, they must really hurt.

Cathie - Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better, sorry to hear that the twins are sooooooo much work.....I'm sure I'll find out all about it very soon.

Hannah - Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I have actually managed to get them to hold the induction, at least for a day or two. I have an appointment tomorrow and we will have a big discussion then and see where that leaves us. MY BP has been fairly stable since the meds were doubled, and I would really like these two to be able to choose their own birthday if possible. Having said that I also want everyone to be well, so I'll see what comes out of tomorrows discussions and take it from there. Either way I am amazed to have made it to almost 38 weeks!

Take care ladies and twinnies
    Shell
    Last edited by ATryingTime; October 21st, 2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Typo

Shell-That's good news re your BP. I hope all goes well at your appointment tomorrow. You have done well to make it so far, well done.

CathieW-I hope the twins can manage to settle into some sort of routine soon. EEeeek attack of the 2 yr old. Sorry to hear that it is so tiring.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Cathie- Just wanted to pop in to let you know it does get easier.

Evening ladies,

Thanks for all the well wishes. Well after having my appointment today we have decided to go ahead with an induction at 8am tomorrow morning. I have told them that I just want my waters broken and a couple of hours to see if that helps before I want anything else, I'm still hoping to go tonight on my own, but not holding my breath, either way I guess as long as the babies and I are ok, thats all that matters in the end.

Best of luck to everyone here and I'll see you on the other side
    Shell

Shell-How exciting but nervous for you. I hope all goes well and that the breaking of the waters is enough to get you going. I'll be thinking of you and cant wait to hear what combination you have been baking.
    Sending labour vibes your way.

barney Guest

aww best of luk shell i have nothing to do with this thread but im always lurking on you girls in here for some reason i find twins very interesting so all the best and i to cant wait to find out what youve been baking ..
    to all you twin mummys i wish you all the best i take my hat off to you all

ps-im waiting for you next helen lol

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Cathie - I am really feeling for you. I found the first 6wks really hard and especially with the sleep deprivation. If you have anyone offer you help, even it's a small amount, grab it with both hands. Once they get a routine going it will be much better for you. it must be extremely hard to juggle to 2yr olds antics aswell. My youngest was 3 and that was tough. Hang in girl, it really does get better.
    Shell - yah for you!! Hope everything goes well for you. Thinking of you. Cant wait to hear your news. Good labour vibes are sent your way.
    Take care
    Kim.

NZTwinMummy Guest

Smile

Hiya
    Great forum

Name: Shannon
    Conceived: Natural fraternal boys
    Gestation: 38 weeks 4 days
    Names & Ages: Jacob & Noah
    Notes: Elec C/S, both transverse, no complications, Jacob 7 pounds 4 oz, Noah 6 pounds 5 oz

Hi Ladies,

Just a me post today to fill you in on all the details.
    Arrived at the hospital at 8am on the 23rd of October as requested, only to be told that the doctor had forgotten that it was his morning off and that I would need to come back at 11. Not really what I wanted to hear as I had already been up since around 2 and unable to sleep as I was nervous about the induction.
    So hubby and I went and got breakfast and did some window shopping. DH was nervous too and hit the accelerator instead of the brake at one stage and nearly went through an intersection!
    Got back to the hospital at 11 and then had the epidural put in place and a test dose run through. I made them wait until the effects had worn off before I would let them break my waters and even though the doctor wanted to get started on the drip straight away I told him I wanted 2 hours to give the broken waters a chance to do something before anything else. The epidural took a while to wear off, so I guess it was around 2pm by the time my waters were broken. I did start contracting, but as they wanted me to deliver before the OBs went home and the contactions wern't very regular yet, they started me on the drip at 4pm and kept increasing the dose every 1/2 hour until running at full dosage.
    The labour took forever to become established and although it was more intense and longer than either of my other labours, I managed to survive with no pain relief until about 9cm dilated, after that I started on the lowest dosage of gas and after around 12 hours of labour Amber Rose made her appearance at 1:29am (after the OB had to be called back in) weighing in at 5lb 14 and a 1/2 ounces or 2680 grams and 47 cms long.
    I then spent the next hour or so trying to push the second twin out, however as it was in a posterior position (and I was exhausted from the long labour and birth of the first twin) it was hard going. Usually they will intervene half an hour after the birth of the first twin; however they were happy enough with the monitoring to let me keep going. After an hour or so the OB decided that he would need to deliver the second twin with forceps. The epidural was turned on and at 2:42pm Kaylee Mae made her entrance weighing in at 6lb 1 and a 1/2 ounces or 2768 grams and a length of 46 cms.
    The forceps delivery was a little rough, so Kaylee was whisked off to the special care nursery after a quick cuddle, but was released the next morning at around 10am.
    We transferred back to our local hospital on Saturday arvo, but both girls developed jaundice and had to spend a couple of days under lights. My BP went back up again and due to a significant loss of blood, my iron levels were very low, so I am on meds and supplements for the time being.
    We were released from hospital yesterday arvo and spent our first night as a family of six under the one roof last night.
    All in all, I am very pleased to have been able to birth both of my babies vaginally - it mustn't happen very often as I was treated like a celebrity, with even midwives and doctors saying it was their first vaginal twin delivery. The induction meant the labour was much more intense than either of my others and longer than the other two put together, but I'm sure everyone is different - it was like my body resented not being able to do its own thing and punished me for it.

Here is a link to a pic of the girls: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...hp?photo=10324

Shell
    Last edited by ATryingTime; October 31st, 2008 at 01:28 PM.

Congratulations Shell. Glad to hear that they are both great sizes and you managed to have your vaginal delivery.

Just wanted to update and let you know that I have had my twins 7 weeks early. Just got home tonight. Am pretty exhausted still, so dont have time to update with all the details.
    Basically-Started labouring on Sat 25 oct, was given tablets to stop the labour, didnt work, went into full labour at 5:30am Sun 26 oct was 4cm by 7am and bubs were delivered by c/s at 9:30am. Gabriel Ronan first, weighing 5lb 12oz and then Tallulah Autumn weighing 4lb 11oz. So great sizes. They are still in SCN and I have spilled heaps of tears the last week and more so today at leaving them in hospital but we are all well.

NZTwinMummy Guest

Helen & Shell I am new to this thread and dont know you well or the history but CONGRATS on the arrival of your lil babies....so glad all 4 babies are here safely - twin pregnancy is so scary ( well if you read too much!!) but nothing we cant handle any way they come huh! Well done ladies - :-) Much love

NZTwinMummy - Welcome to the thread and thanks for the congrats.

Helen - Wow our babies arrived so close together. I hope that you are coping emotionally, any idea on how long your babies will be in SCN?
    Sending you all the strength you need to get through and I hope that you have your babies at home with you in no time at all.
    The weights were great for the gestation - you definately did a great job.
    Keep in touch and let me know if there is anything I can do - not sure what that would be, but the offer is still there.

Shell

barney Guest

just wanted to pop in and say a huge congratulations to all you new twin mummys.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast