Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Sorry I didn't mean to post that in here.... But if any of you have any thoughts!!

Sorry to Hijack!!!

CathieW Guest

Helen,
    Is this during the night? Are you feeding bottle or breast? Big hugsFor you.

Cathie

Helen - Awww. you poor thing. Those early months are tough. I would say it is normal for bubs to be doing a 5 hour stretch or so by about 6 weeks. But your little ones were pretty early - maybe you'll find they start to settle for longer when they reach 6 weeks corrected age?
    If you are really struggling and things aren't getting better - talk to your community health nurse or your GP - most states have some great residential stay clinics where you can go for a week and get help (covered by medicare) some of them will let your babies cry a lot - some won't - depends where you go. Anyway, twin mums tend to be given priority on waiting lists so don't forget to reach out for the help that is there if you need it.

leeloo - I have heard something before about soy and hormones etc. Was a long time ago so can't remember the details of what I read... and I guess if she has no family history of twins then there could be something in it for her! There's a lot of factors that give you a greater chance of having twins though - maternal age is a big one. Also possibly taking folate can increase your chance of twins (since as many as 1 in 8 pregnancies begin as twins and one twin 'vanishes' in early weeks (mostly undetected - you wouldn't know it unless you'd had a very early scan) - it's thought that taking folate can prevent some of these vanishing twin cases. There's plenty of others too... As for me - no soy here! Just a big fat fluke.

hello!!!

CathieW Guest

hi
    kristy. What's up?

Cathie

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

You poor thing Helen. Really feel for you. Maybe try a bit more stimulus, maybe do floor play with them for 1/2hr in late arvo? when they first wake up, it might wear them out for longer. I spend from 5-7pm filling up Erin n Logan on solids and liquids then give them a lavender bath, finally bottle and then bed. Unless they are teething I don't hear from them for hours, usually?! . They are 1 nxt month so maybe time will be what it takes for you? The more active they are the more tired they will become. As for the night sleeps...are they in seperate cots?
    Hope I was some help?? Kim xxx

Oh Helen mine only started at about 7 weeks before that it was crazy! They started doing it first in the evenings so we started waking them at 10pm for a feed and now they usually sleep through to 330am or 430am. I think it also depends on how big they are, Owen is 6kg now and eating 200ml at each feed, which is still 3 hourly during the day. Good luck hun and i hope they are sleeping a little better for you!

Hey ladies.

I just had a thought!!! how many of us twin mummas live in sydney??

maybe a twin meet up might be fun. somewere central ish for all. grown / new & expecting mummas of course.

We meet with our group of syd baby buddies all the time its great fun.

what ya all think...

HI guys, sorry cant remember a lot of what you said, but I have put them in seperate cots last night and they slept a lot better. So Thank-you so much for all of your input. Plus we are trying to give some more daytime stimulus. Its late but having trouble getting our 2 yr old to bed now! I cant wait until the youngest are 6 and they are all able to look after themselves so we can sleep in!

CathieW Guest

Hey Kristy,
    Yeah,I'll be in it.
    But Where?

Cathie

Id love to come to a twin meet up too!!! My name is Mel, i read through here lots but its usually pretty quiet. My babies- Adelaide and William- have just turned 10 months!

hey all

We are doing well.

Cathie/happymel- Cool! I'm really into a meet for twins mumma's and soon to be twins mumma's, the more the merrier.
    where in syd are you mel? cathie and i both live only a few mins from each other yet never met. I am happy to drive almost anywere in syd we can meet somewere central for all. IS ANYONE ELS ABLE TO COME TOO?

not much else to tell the boys don't do much yet, caleb is trying to move might commando crawl soon but sebi is happy to lay back and watch. they are both great little eaters and chow down on anything i give them, just like their big bro. i am blessed with 3 great eaters.

take care all

CathieW Guest

Hey Kristy,
    We could meet in at Richmond plaza for a coffee if you want now that preschool has closed down I have the time.
    Cathie

Hi girls, i am in Maroubra, but could travel too.

Sorry I have not been around for awhile, but I have been posting in my Belly Buddies due section.

On Thursday the 12th I gave birth to my darling twin boys at 33 weeks and 5 days.

Ryan Hunter arrived at 12.49 by natural birth and Samuel Xavier arrived at 2.29pm by C-Section.

Ryan was 5lb and Sam was 4lb 7 oz

Both boys are doing surprisingly well and are already out of the isolette units and are holding their temps ok. I was discharged today which was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do....... LEAVE MY BABIES

So basically now for the next month or so I will be travelling to Angliss hospital on a daily basis to feed my babies their precious "GOLD" milk. (My other kids find it hilarious watching me on the breast pump)

I will post my birth story in a couple of days. Definately an amazing time

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

CONGRATS SamOake!!! Sounds like you had a tough labour. Good to hear all is well. My twins turned 1 on Monday, the first year just flew!! Look forward to hearing more news from you. Take care. Kim xoxo

Congratulations sam

NICU really can take its tole but you will get thru it.

my boys came home at 37 weeks were in NICU for 2 weeks 2 days we had resportary issues. i know people who went home at 35 weeks as they were healthy babies so i hope there not in for too long.

good luck sweet.

CathieW Guest

Hi Girls,
    Well the twins are 5 months and it's getting hard to entertain them, has anybody else had the same trouble with there twins.
    Cathie

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast