Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Have any of you lovely ladies had your twins hiccuping at the same time? DH & I were laughing at our 2, as one would hiccup, then the other, & then back to the first one.
    I love having twins, they do the funniest stuff!

Question for you all - since there is a chance we'll have twins with IVF, as they're going to implant 2 embys.

If you had to have a c/s, would you chose to have them as close to midnight so you could maybe have one on either day, so they don't share birthdays? It is just something that has been running around in my head, I know if we do carry twins, they'll be fraternal, I'd also just like to give them a bit more "individuality" by having different birthdays.

Schaz, I think that having them on different days would be confusing for them I personally would never consider it but hey, its up to you. Jack and Charlee are as individual as you can get. But knowing that they share a birthday is so so special. They play and chatter in baby language to each other. They are boy/ girl so not identical but as individual as they are they are twins and that is something I wouldn't want to take from them IYKWIM???? Its pretty special being twins, growning up best friends. I think a shared birthday would be the icing on the cake! Pardon the pun!

thanks for that - I never thought of it that way. Just that kids at school who were twins used to hate that they never had anything of their own, everything was shared with their brother/sister. I had 3 sets of twins in my prep, grade 1 & 2 classes in Sydney and we only had 15-18 in the class.

I think that in the past thats how things were with twins but now days parents of twins seem to make a conscious effort to keep things like birthdays very individual. You can have two cakes sing happy birthday twice. Jack and Charlee are 1 in May and I have started to think of ways to keep it separate yet together. I was thinking of asking people that instead of two presents as that is just too much money 4 some people, that they get one voucher from Target and then I can get winter clothes or a toy that they havn't already got!Dunno, its a hard one!

mbeckham Guest

hi there
    my name is moira and i have boy/girl twins born 08/06/06 i also have 3 older boys aged 10 9 and 6 my twins were ivf and were born at 33 wks gestation after being in hospital flat on my back since 29 wks. I am so in love with all my babies that i get really offended when people say to me ooh that s it now for you isnt it and double trouble is it me being over sensitive or do other people get that?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

welcome Moira - I hate it too and I am so tempted to be rude back but I usually just say double delight and heartful not handful. I want to ask them so do you think your children are trouble ? .... mine aren't I love them to bits.

motherduck Guest

Hi Moira welcome to BB I get the same thing as we have four children people think that once you have twins you get scared off kids for life but I would love to have another one when i tell DH that he nearly faints his mum just says that i'm crazy what would i wan't another one for anway see you on the boards.

Welcome Moira!

Twins really are beautiful, I love it when I get cheeky smiles from mine at the same time. Just gorgeous!

Were all very lucky. twins are so precious.

mbeckham Guest

thanks for all those great replies my older 3 are from first marriage and my 2nd hubby didnt have kids but regardless i always wanted another lucky me i got a bonus as well my twins are crawling now and almost ready to walk and they almost 10mths and i kno i am biased but that pretty good for babies who were born 7wks prem i have just been looking at all your gorgeous babies and all ur stories and you are all right only the most special parents are rewarded with twins
    moira

Mum2Twins Guest

Name: Ali
    Conceived: IVF
    Gestation: 37w exactly
    Names: Tayla Jane & Jake Patrick 14/10/04
    Notes: Emergency C-Section

I wont be having anymore, I am lucky enough. Twins are the greatest gift, as are any kids really. At 5.5mths they have amazing personalities already, Teagan is the cheaky one with major attitude and Gemma is more laid back and just looks at her sister when she is throwing a tantrum. LOL.
    The most beautiful thing is when they are laying on the floor together they always hold hands or have hold of each other in some way, I hope they stay that close.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hi Ali

welcome to BB - what would you like to chat about ?
    I find it hard when I am alone and both the bosy are crying and just want to be cuddled ... I can just hold them both but they just want me and fuss about.

For those of us with multiples you have to check this out.... go to You Tube and type in "triplets" look at the movies by angusandthetriplets. ie... "Triplets and instant celebrity" You will laugh and cry at these home movies and sympathise. I bawled my eyes out as they are moving movies and such beautiful children. This movie in particular is about how all of us have to deal with the constant gawking, comments and stupid questions on a daily basis. When their triplets are 6wks old they went to the zoo and had it filmed, as you do, but this demonstrates the insensitivity and stupidity of people when it comes to having multiples, I so felt what she felt. They were at a zoo and everyone was looking at them and one women asked to take a picture like they were animals. Check it out.

mbeckham Guest

hi there
    i just wanted to let you know that if any of you are using karicare products you can actually get a discount for having multiples all u have to do is ring karicare direct and u need a letter from dr confirming you ve got twins and you can order in bulk i m in melb and it costs an extra $11 for delivery but i m saving about $4 a can and i get 3 boxes of 6 cans that saves me $24 per box the number to ring is (02) 8870 0403. I hope this helps the lady i spoke to said that it applies to all the nutricia range ie toddler formulas as well...Just to let u kno i m not getting paid to advertise or anything like that I just wanted to share that info as I would have like to have been told i only found out by accident...

Thanks for the info mbeckham. Great to know!

chriscoop Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckham View Post
    hi there
    i just wanted to let you know that if any of you are using karicare products you can actually get a discount for having multiples all u have to do is ring karicare direct and u need a letter from dr confirming you ve got twins and you can order in bulk i m in melb and it costs an extra $11 for delivery but i m saving about $4 a can and i get 3 boxes of 6 cans that saves me $24 per box the number to ring is (02) 8870 0403. I hope this helps the lady i spoke to said that it applies to all the nutricia range ie toddler formulas as well...Just to let u kno i m not getting paid to advertise or anything like that I just wanted to share that info as I would have like to have been told i only found out by accident...
    OH I wish I knew that before... My twins just celebrated their first birthday today. I use Karicare De-Lact. I've been using it for so long... Thankyou for the info.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast