Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Had my scan this morning and they said that there is a sac and a yoke and blood flow to the sac but nothing else and it "probably" will reabsorbing back into my body soon. One minute they were saying there is something in there that they have measured but there not sure what it is and then the next there like its not a viable pregnancy. The last two scans i have had they have given me a picture of the scans and today they only gave me one of Twin A it says. Why say twin A if theres no other twin anymore. My last scan on thursday says I was 5wks 6days and the sac measurement was 1.53 and today they told me it is 5wks 6days and the sac measures 1.80. So how can it be the same when it is bigger then last time. I even have the picture that says the size and weeks on it from last week. I have had the last two scan at a private ultrasound clinic and todays was at the hospital. Nothing makes sence and i just dont understand. I sat in the car park and cried and cried and cried
    Take care

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Emma
    I am so sorry that you are going through this. I wish I had some words of comfort.

The growth difference is from 1.53mm to 1.8mm is like thickness of hair and different sonograhphers can measure differently.

I don't understand why they said twin A either.I can't imagine how that makes you feel right now.

Emma you have such a tough journey so far in your pregnancy I'm just so sorry you have had to endure so much emotional pain. I think if you look on the AMBA website they have a thread for women who are dealing with the loss of a twin. A loss is a loss and it doesn't matter at what stage it occurs in your pregnancy and it doesn't matter that one survived -- you are still dealing with a loss.

I am so sorry for your heart ache.

Heather

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Smile Shopping centre socialites

Hey guys,
    I had to laugh reading about your experience with peoples curiosity with twins in shopping centres! I am yet to experience that (29wks today). I have enough people stop me suggesting I must be due anyday...I feel like an elephant I thought about a slogan for a shirt "Im not due, there's 2!! " what do you think..should I patent it Take care all. Kim

raemuswiesl Guest

Smile new to forum and HELP!

Hi all! I have really enjoyed your posts. I am pregnant with twins and scared silly. I already have ds 4 and dd 2 and was prepared for one more, but not two! I breastfed and co-slept with my first two for two years each. I worry that I can't maintain that level of closeness with two babies and still give proper care and attention to my older two. Thanks for listening

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Quote Originally Posted by raemuswiesl View Post
    Hi all! I have really enjoyed your posts. I am pregnant with twins and scared silly. I already have ds 4 and dd 2 and was prepared for one more, but not two! I breastfed and co-slept with my first two for two years each. I worry that I can't maintain that level of closeness with two babies and still give proper care and attention to my older two. Thanks for listening
    Congratulations - on your twins
    I still breastfeed by two little guys at 21 months (4 times a day at least) and we co sleep as well. I have an older son 14 but I wanted to reassure you it is possible to breastfeed two (twins) and co sleep. Yes, it is a bit more squishy but thye are still keeping me warm.

We have a half side car bed but it mainly stops the other twin falling out of bed - it butts between own bed and against the wall. My husband made a timber platform and we cut a foam single mattress in halfish to fit (near the ensuite doorway)

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hi. My name is Kim. I have fraternal boy/girl twins now 9wks old. I had them naturally and they weighed 7lb 1oz and 7lb 3oz (induced at 39wks) I so agree with the shopping centre thing...sometimes it is nice but most of the time I get asked the dumbest questions and to do 1hrs shopping takes me closer to 2hrs! Can be really frustrating. As for the breastfeeding...I chose not to due to probs with my first two girls (now 7yrs and 3yrs). I find I still have a great closeness with all my children although it can get pretty hectic when they all demand my attention. I just remind myself that I would not have been given anything that I am not capable of handling. Keep believing in yourself and try, as hard as it is, to give yourself a little "me" time. (At the moment it is a physio for me) A hairdressers appt or a massage?? Ha...it does help for me?! I figure if I look after myself I am more capable of giving my children the high level of care they deserve. Take care all.

Hi guys, wow, it is so nice to read about how all of you are coping and enjoying it despite it being hard. I have recently found out that we are having twins and initially I was excited, but now I am scared and worried. Is this the normal kind of rollercoaster for pregnancy with twins and will I be able to cope?

love

Our twins are 2.5 weeks old and we have an almost 2 year old as well. I was scared silly when I found out we were having twins since I didn't cope very well with the newborn stage last time - but to be honest, it has actually been easier this time around. It is still hard, of course - and they're still in that nice, sleepy newborn stage - but it is nowhere near as difficult as I imagined. Have confidence in yourself - you might be surprised how well you manage.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Smile

Congrats to you both..Helen and Elanor!!!! My twins are now 4mnths. I have a 3yo and 7yo too. I have my moments but to be totally honest, I have suprised myself how well I have coped. I guess the right attitude helps. "You are lucky to be blessed with twins!" Sometimes I dont know where my patience comes from but to look at their innocence just melts you back to calm, most of the time. Ha ha My son is trying to roll over and my daughter is trying to sit up already. Guess it wont be long and they will be on the move!!! HELP!! They both sleep through the night now...Thank God! Great to hear good news from you both. Take care. Take a deep breath and prioritise life, enjoy what you are fortunate to have. Lotsa love Kim.

Thanks Hannahfrooddo and Kim, the ages of your older ones are very similar to mine so it helps to know that you guys are doing well.
    Kim-my hubby and I have had the talk about when they are on the move. If just one of us is home, we have decided that if they go in opposite directions it will be a quick mmmm which one is heading to the most danger and that will be the one we grab first.LOL.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

That is so funny Helen. What else could you do.. I remember as soon as I had the babies and they both cried at the same time I would assess which one was most in need and pick up that one first. You work it out and so do they!!! Hope you are well and look forward to chatting with you more...when I get a chance!!! By the way...are your older children g or b's? I have 2 girls. No, 3 now!! Ha!

Hi,

Kim wow 4 mths old already it only seems like yesterday you had them. Good to hear you are all doing really well.

Helen- Congrats on twin pg and wishing all the very best.
    Hannahfrodoo- Congrats on the birth of your twins. It only gets better.

My boys will be 3 next week and I am amazed at how quick time goes.

Thanks Leanne.

Kim-I have a girl who will be 6 in oct and a boy who will be 2 in aug. So when you say the babies know which one you are going to pick up first, does it become an outscream each other contest or what happens?

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hi Leeane, great to hear from you. How time flys when your having fun Logan rolled over twice yesterday! He is 6.7kg and Erin now weighs 7.5kg...big girl, gutsy too. Wow, 3 yrs. Well done! I was told it doesn't get easier, just different. I figure when they can feed themselves that has to compensate for them being on the move? What do you think?

Hi Helen, we don't have a battle of "me first" yet but I am sure it will happen. The one that seems most upset or distressed gets me first and once I have sorted that one out, I go to the other. I find if they can be near you and see you they tend to calm down a little knowing you are there. They both just have to learn to fit in and they will all get their turn with me..thats how I figure it with 4 children wanting a piece of you. At times it can get a bit draining but it is all so worth it!

Take care all

Hey Kim,

I think it gets heaps easier as they get older and even better when they start feeding themselves. lol... Personally I think the first 6mths where definatly the hardest.
    Kim sounds like your babies are growing up fast before you blink they will be running around.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hi all. I have 4mnth old fraternal B/G twins. Induced at 39wks, natural but long deliveries.( no stitches, yah!) Logan weighed 7lb and 1hr later, Erin weighed 7lb 3oz. I so agree with the shopping centre saga...it is nice to have the bubs acknowledged but sometimes it gets a bit much. Time is so precious! And the q's...are they identical??? One is a boy and one is a girl!! Hello! And they don't even look much alike. I guess people just feel they have to say something

Hi all. I am returning after a years absence. I have a 4yr old daughter and 2.5yr old fraternal boy/girl twins. I hope I am able to come on here and chat with you all moreregularly than yearly lol.

Clare

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast