Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hanging in there!!

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Smile

Hey all. Hope everyone is well. I am doing quite well. Very tired but starting to find a routine. From 10pm, I am now only getting up once in the early morning hrs for about 1 to 2hrs and then up for the day at about 5 or 6am. (Much better than the first few weeks!) I took the bubs to the local clinic for their check up yesterday and they are both just under 4kg(9lb). They are thriving and very settled generally. I am so lucky!! And very, very busy with 4 children and a household to maintain. It is all worth it though!!!
    I am thinking of you Mel71. Hope you are growing well!! Ha! Dont forget to fill me in when you can and rest up plenty!! If you have any questions...ask away.
    Take care all. KIM xxx

good to hear things are going so well for you Kim

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Wink

We went to our first family picnic with AMBA (multiple birth assn) today...the kids loved it! It was so surreal to see twins and triplets running around everywhere and twin pram city!! . It was like living in another world. Well worth it, if only to get advice from others experiences or to share things that others can relate to. If you can get in touch with your local assn...go for it. Anyway, I am off to bed now. Chat later.

Amy76 Guest

Hey Kim

Even though I haven't been posting anything I have been receiving your updates...so good to hear that things are settling down and the twins are doing well!

I'm 34 weeks and feeling over it. Fortunate enough that I can still get around fine and chase after 20 month old but pregnancy is taking it's toll with me being so short (5ft2). I just don't think there's anywhere for the twins to move or grow!

Last scan showed healthy fetal growth but I'm not sure I can make it as far as you did! Twins still in breech (I think) and I'm not sure they'll change positions this late in the game...

Thanks for the keeping us all informed as well - it's reassuring to hear you sounding sane and capable!

All the best
    Amy

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Default sooooo busy!!!

Hi all. Life has become sooo busy lately that I hardly get on the computer, wonder why?? I am sure the days and nights are shorter now...they just seem to roll on and on and I don't know where they go. I have been told the first year flys by in a blur and then things slow a bit. Any guarantees on this??? A day in the life is insane....feeding, school, pre-school, drop offs, feeding, swimming lessons, sports, pick ups, feeding, dinner, homework......crazy!!! Oh, and the housework..wow!!!
    Hey Mel. Congrats on getting to 34wks!! Well done. I so sympathize with how you are feeling and I imagine you are not getting alot of sleep either. Remember...you are a special person to be blessed with twins and we are only given what we can handle! It wont be long and you will be feeling so much more comfortable, no change to sleep deprevation though sorry mate. It will all be so worth it when you hold those beautiful bundles in your arms. Try to get as much rest as you can, a little difficult with your 20mnth old I am sure, but every bit counts and stay positive. If I can help you with any advice at all please let me know. Please keep us informed as the big day approaches quickly. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care. Kim. :hugs:

Hi Kim,

Well it sort of gets easier my boys just dont seem to stop until they are asleep. However it is easier compared to when they were babies. Glad all is well.
    Mel- Congrats on making it to 34wks and I totaly know how uncomfortable you must be feeling.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hi Amy,
    I have been thinking about you alot lately. How are you going? Got to have had those bubs by now??? Hope all is well with you and your family. Let us know when you can. Lotsa of love KIM

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Smile update

Just thought while I had 5 mins spare I would let you all know that things are going well with my twins. They are now 8wks and weigh 5.1 and 5.3kg respectively...thriving bubs! For the last 2 nights they have slept for 6hrs straight Incredible huh! I almost feel human again. I even had time to get to a physio to sort out my back and hip probs due to carrying and delivering the twins. Life is so very busy and now with school hols upon us...wow! It is all worth it though! Hope all is well with everyone. Remember this...Life only deals us what we can handle. So....obviously someone thinks I am capable of coping with 4 kids, including twins!!! HA HA. Take care all. Lotsa of love. KIM

Great to hear from you Kim, sounds like you are busy but having fun!

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hi Mandy, I have been thinking about you alot lately. How did the C section go? Please fill us in when you can. Hope all is going well for you.
    Hey Mel, hows things for you? You are in my thoughts too. Take care all.

Hi Kim,

I am so glad things are going well. Good to see you are getting some sleep too.. Any way Keep well.

Amy76 Guest

Default 38 Weeks - I made it (just)!!!!!

Hey Kim

Glad to hear everything going well for you! Twin 1 ended up staying breech so I'm going in tomorrow (Friday) for C-section and finally get to meet the twins! Nervous and excited at the same time but so over this belly load that all I feel is relief that I don't have to go any longer! All has been healthy and manageable and I'm grateful that I've managed to keep the twins incubated for so long, but I'm really uncomfortable and emotional!

Hope everyone else is doing well. I look forward to letting you know how it all goes!

Amy

Good Luck.. ALthough you won't get this message till you get home again...

Hope today goes nice and smooth for you..

Good Luck Amy and Wishing Well

Hi Kim,
    Everything went well, we have two beautiful baby girls. Jade and Isla were born on March 28 and are doing really well. We're not getting much sleep, but you've got to expect that I guess. Have to go now, but will send another message in a few weeks.
    Mandy xx

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

fantastic news Mandy. Huge Congrats!!! Yeh, Sleep doesnt really happen for the first few weeks. My twins are nearly 9wks old and for the past 5 nights they have slept 6hrs straight at night, at the same time!!! Heaven!!! Its all part of the fun. LOL. Take care.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hey Amy. Hope you are feeling a lot lighter now and are enjoying your beautiful bubs. Thinking of you.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910