Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Hanging in there!!

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Default The Poppets have arrived!

Hi all! Well finally my precious bundles arrived early Saturday morn. What an experience! I was induced and both were natural births, 1hr apart!!! The entire labour lasted about 10hrs to delivery and then a further 2hrs on more sentocin to help the uterus and haemoriging to stabilize. Cruel!! (I had sporatic contractions for the next 24hrs.)Logan James arrived first and relatively trouble free, weighing a healthy 7lb (3.2kg) and after an arduous and intense hour his sister Erin Mae arrived weighing 7lb3oz (3.4kg) Both were 51cm in length! No wonder I had no room and felt so terribly uncomfortable.
    If any one can let me know how to post a photo of my chickadees it would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your support if anybody has questions I would be happy to share.

Kim

Smile

congratulations Kim on the safe arrival of your twins....glad everything went well and what great sizes...

Woo hoo Kim, Congratulations on the birth of Logan James and Erin Mae I have never heard of such healthy weights for twins thats fantastic. I hope that you are a lot more comfortable now.

Have you got your pics on your c'puter? There are some good tips here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=207 I was just reading that you need to have made 50 posts or more to upload pics, so get posting your nearly there
    Last edited by rosehannah; February 22nd, 2008 at 11:30 AM.

CONGRATULATIONS KIM How truley wonderful. I am so happy for you and your family. Congratulations again and can not wait to see pics

Oh Kim,
    I was so excited to see the email come through for this thread.
    A huge congrats to you and your family on the safe arrival of your precious babies.
    Can't wait to see pics.
    What an amazing job you did to deliver than naturally, well done, what a super mum.

Huge congratulations to you and a kiss for your two little cuties!

Debbie

fantastic news what great sizes!! i love the names especially Erin!!

Congratulations Kim and welcome to baby Logan and baby Erin!

fabulous weights for twins! You did very well to make it so far with two such healthy bubs kicking along in there!!

I hope you're finding some time to rest in between the demands of 2 newborns!!

Do you mind if I fire a few questions?? feel free not to answer if I'm being too intrusive... I'm just curious about what choices you were 'allowed' to make and how much freedom you were given to choose the direction of the births for yourself.

Did you give birth at a public or private hospital?
    I know both twins were presenting head down earlier so I'm assuming they were that way when you were induced?
    Did you have an epidural? If so, did you have to have it right from the start or were you able to wait? If not, did they ask you to have an epidural in case they needed to go in after twin 2? And if you declined, was it an issue?
    Did twin 2 stay head down after twin 1 was delivered? (Wow! That's a big gap in between babies!!)
    Were they pressuring you with time limits for the delivery of twin 2 or were they happy for you to go at whatever pace your body wanted to set?

Sorry for so many questions... I'm just trying to figure out what I want for the birth of these bubbas... Thanks Kim!

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks everyone! I just need to work out how to get some pics on for you to all see.Elenaor F.Y.I ..I was strongly advised to have an epidural b4 I was induced incase they needed to intervene to assist delivering the second twin. I waited until I was 6cm dilated. Although it was not a choice I would have made I am glad I did have it because after Logan was born Erin did not follow down. She was head down but remained very high under my ribs. It took a hell of a lot or work to push her out and some hands on intervention that I imagine would have been much more traumatic had I not had the epidural. Once 10 mins gap between bubs had occurred things got pretty tense and they were considering C sect but thankfully Erin was not extremely stressed so I was able to continue but I had to deliver her as fast as humanly possible. If you have anymore qs I am happy to answer you. Remember though that every experience is different, no two births will be the same. Oh, I had them in public hospital with private dr delivering. :hugs:

It was wonderful to hear such great news kim, look forward to seeing your babies piccys

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks again for all your congratulations everyone. It all feels so surreal at the moment but I am adapting pretty fast (got no choice) I just wanted to ask some advice about feeding if someone could assist me? Both bubs seem to demand different amounts at feed time and at different times. I try to keep them fed pretty close together during the day but at night I am finding it hard because one will wake and feed and if I wake the other to feed only a small amount is consumed and I seem to be unsettling them by doing this. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions as to how to get some sort of routine going?

Hi Kim,

Once again Congratulations. With the Feeding I FF both my boys from birth. By the time we were home from hospital they were 4 hours with 1/2 difference between them and I eventually got them to either feed at the same time or straight after each other. It was hard at the start but it gets better. Oh I use to wake them for feeds too just too keep in my routine. I hope this sort of helps you.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks Leanne. I think that is a good plan. I just have to get both bubs to agree. So far I when I have tried that approach they will only have half a feed and are too asleep to bring up their wind. I was also told that it is not advisable to wake to feed for the first 6wks but after that a routine should be established. I slept for 3hrs straight for the first time last night...very good. Then I managed a 1hr snooze in the early morning hrs. Much better than 2 or 3
    1hr snoozes.

Hi Kim, I'm pleased to hear you have caught some sleep I think all the uncomfortableness in the later stages of PG are to get us used to the lack of sleep (probably not) but it helped to get me through it at the time. Now if they could just get their act together and slip into a routine.... All the best, I always say the first 8 weeks are often the hardest. Hopefully you will all settle into a great BF partnership real soon.

Hi Kim,

Glad to hear you got some sleep. I will get better soon I promise. Its always hard at the start to get into a routine I found no matter how many babies you have. Hope all goes well soon enough.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks guys. Last night was a shocker!! Got 2hrs straight then was up and down from 1am till 6am!! Nearly 2wks gone..6 to go I have set a goal of 12wks so that I try and stay sane!! Wish me luck!!

Hi Kim,

I am sending you heaps of luck vibes :hugs:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast