Thread: just found out we are pregnant with twins

Default just found out we are pregnant with twins

hi everyone i am due 27th feb with identical twins we dont know the sex yet but since we have 3 boys we are sure hoping for little girls

love to chat to others as im nervous and unsure of what to expect for this preganacy and the twins after they are born

we live in brissy and would love to chat to other twin parents

ohhhhh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! wow 5 children!!! i havnt had twins my i do have 12 (almost 13) yr old identical twin sisters so u will survive this!!! i helped out my mum ALOT so feel free to ask us some questions and if i cant answer them i9 will ask my mum!! good luck cuddly!!!!

WOW Congratulations to you

we have almost 21 yr old son who is disabled a 16yr old son who is girl mad and a 2 yrs son so its ognna be a handful once the twins arrive i am wondering ho wi will find time to get everything done while breast feeding the twins and running after a toddler while recovering from a c section lol

i guess my biggest fear is telling them apart for girls id pierce thier ears but boys???

just feeling very oh i odnt know ive not long finished my diploma in nails and loving it but once the twins are born thats gone and i guess feel damn now there will be no time for me at all...does that sound selfish????

Hi cuddlybelly

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your pregnancy.

It's perfectly normal to worry how your life will change with 2 babies instead of 1. It's bound to be a shock, and there is of course the aspect of the unknown. If I can reassure you a little honestly it is not twice the work. It is, however, twice the love so you are a very lucky lady. There are, of course, some challenges such as juggling breastfeeding with two babies, and what equipment you need two of and what they can share. Also an identical twin pregnancy is higher risk so you may find a whole world of tests and hospitals that you never knew existed. I'm sure you will find a good OB who can navigate you through the pregnancy whilst those of us here on bb with multiples will be more than happy to help you with the rest.

Congratulations again

Trav
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Hi cuddlybelly

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your pregnancy.

It's perfectly normal to worry how your life will change with 2 babies instead of 1. It's bound to be a shock, and there is of course the aspect of the unknown. If I can reassure you a little honestly it is not twice the work. It is, however, twice the love so you are a very lucky lady. There are, of course, some challenges such as juggling breastfeeding with two babies, and what equipment you need two of and what they can share. Also an identical twin pregnancy is higher risk so you may find a whole world of tests and hospitals that you never knew existed. I'm sure you will find a good OB who can navigate you through the pregnancy whilst those of us here on bb with multiples will be more than happy to help you with the rest.

Congratulations again

Trav
    xx
    i gues si am just feeling very overwhelmed atm

we are happy as not everyone is blessed enough to have twins let alone identical ones...but wow so much to think of and worried ill forget something lol

now just so excite di want them to be here now so i can see how they look lol

any advice on where to buy decent double prams?

I burst into tears when I first found out I was having twins. I was not unhappy, but just overwhelmed by it all. It takes time to get your head round it I think. I think I was still not quite ready for the reality even when they were born. I was worried I would love one more than the other, my biggest fear being another boy and a first girl. Of course it was silly of me to worry, I love my boy just as much as my girl, but there you go there were many mad thoughts in my head when I was pregnant.

How many weeks are you? Your ticker is not working quite right yet...

Trav

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    I burst into tears when I first found out I was having twins. I was not unhappy, but just overwhelmed by it all. It takes time to get your head round it I think. I think I was still not quite ready for the reality even when they were born. I was worried I would love one more than the other, my biggest fear being another boy and a first girl. Of course it was silly of me to worry, I love my boy just as much as my girl, but there you go there were many mad thoughts in my head when I was pregnant.

How many weeks are you? Your ticker is not working quite right yet...

Trav

im only 9 1/2 weeks so very early yet still in the im gonna puke at ever smell stage lol

i think i buggered up the ticker thingy lol