Thread: Just had twins' 12 week scan...

Amy76 Guest

Default Just had twins' 12 week scan...

Hi all

Just had the twins' 12 wk scan and so far, so good. Heartbeats good (normal) and growth good (normal) so now I can breath a big sigh of relief (for now!)...

Nausea has stepped up a notch but I think I'm also getting more used to it!

Has anyone or is anyone dong antenatal yoga while PG with twins? Starting today and they've assured me that it's fine, but just wondering if there are any concerns? I did yoga with 1st PG and I think it helped enormously during birth.

Hope all you expecting twin mums out there are doing well also.
    Amy

congrats! glad everything is going well

Wow. Another one with twins. Congrats. 2 of my close friends are due to have twins 2 months apart. One didn't find out til her 20 week scan! She went for her first check up a bit late, thinking she was only about 16 - 20 weeks. The doc told her she had 4 weeks to go according to her size & sent her for an emergency ultra sound. Turns out her dates were right, but an extra baby was taking up all the room! She went fron 4 weeks to go back to 4 months, a boy & a girl. The other is a fraternal twin having identical twins, which is very rare. I am so excited to meet all these babies! Can you tell if yours are identical or fraternal?

Hi Amy!! Glad all is looking good with your little ones. Sorry, I don't know anything about yoga in pregnancy so can't help you out!

I notice your DD is the same age as mine (mine was born 28/06/06 so just a couple of days before yours). How are you coping with the idea of twins? I just need to talk to someone who is going through something similar - I'm a little bit terrified!!

Just so you both know, the two friends of mine having twins also have a little one each just over one & are both facing the scary thought of having 3 babies under 2, & are both terrified, but I have confidence in both of them. It will be hard, but have faith, you will survive. I personally will have 3 years between all my children, but thats because I chose it that way. I don't think I would be strong enough, but I know that it wouldn't be happening if you couldn't handle it.

SueB Guest

Hi ladies sorry to butt in here ... just wanted to let you know you'll all be fine and be amazed at what you can cope with.. Although it was a long time ago now i had my twin boys 6 days before my DD turned 2 .. so for 6 days i had 3 kids under two.

Only advice i can give is accept help when offered and sleep whenever you can bugger everything else.. a routine will soon fall into place on it's own ..

All the best xx

Amy76 Guest

Hey Mums!

Stella was born 1 July 06 so she will be about 21 months when twins are due. At this stage it looks like fraternal twins....

I go from being really excited (oooohhh, little babies!) and confident to feeling anxious about coping with a toddler and trying to get adequate sleep. Both my parents live close and DH's parents are coming back from Scotland to retire and help out so no probs there. I just find it difficult having other people around all the time (I love my own space!) and accepting help is never easy when you're an adult and a mum and think you should be able to handle everything yourself!

Does anyone have any tips here? A lot of friends have just said to get helpers to do laundry, dinners, etc...Also, DH will probably be able to have about 1-2 wks off at twins birth. How long will I need someone to help with breastfeeding and changing the twins until I get the swing of things?

Hope you're all well and getting enough rest!
    Amy