Thread: Most useful item for parents of twins?

*Rachel* Guest

Default Most useful item for parents of twins?

Just curious as to what the most useful item that you received as a gift or purchased as parents of twins was/is?

Besides an extra set of hands, the items I found most usefulwere the slings, so I could actually have A hand free, and the swings/ rockers to keep one in whilst busy with the other!!!

juzzy7 Guest

Disposable Nappies, lots of them. I was planning on using cloth but they both had reflux, colic so they got used as rags. HTH.

the best present i got was someone to give me just a little time. Whether they come over and do the dishes in my sink, or hang up my clothes, or even pay for a cleaner, or a gardner. That would be awesome.

If all else fails, two really cute outfits and usually with twins, practicallity rules rather than cuteness and everything is times two $$$.

A symphony mobile that plays mozart music was cool, and so was the FP Aquarium.

and of our the good old every reliable nappy wrapper.

hope this helps
    odette

Ok ...

Nappies
    Wipes
    Bath Stuff (my supply only just ran out .. my boys are nearly 16 months old!)
    donations of time ...
    swing/exesaucer/jolly jumper .. I wish I had at least one of these!
    clip suits (the singlet ones that clip)
    singlets
    clothes!

In fact .. Everything I got, I pretty much used!

My SIL gave us a voucher to a supermarket, instead of a present .. that was a godsend!

*Rachel* Guest

great, thanks for the replies!

fancypants Guest

We received a snap n go, 2 snug ride car seats and 2 falcon car seat carriers, now if that isn't the combo or an extra set of hands. Thats all we us to this point. We have a McClaren double but thats just to go around the block. We have a boy and a girl, 6 months old.
    fancy pants \/

tiggy Guest

I think our most valuable were the bouncers, always good to keep one amused, while feeding/bathing/ changing the other. The old ones, you know that you could bounce with one foot?

We got given so much stuff- and we used everything- it's all useful. The most useful thing I got given was a twin feeding pillow- awesome!! you can use them for breast or bottle feeding- means that one person can comfortabley feed at the same time. Also- the time my mother gave me was invaluable- she helped me so much with breastfeeding- so access to a lactation consultant would be an awesome gift if planning to breast feed

Kylie