Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you used a Doula or Birth Attendant?

Thank u so much Julie,u know i almost feel like crying finding out all these things & not knowing about them b4.
    I only came across Belly Belly by accident but i'm so glad i did.
    I would actually b very grateful if u could give me a starting point on where to find doulas in my area(i'm in the caboolture shire,about 40 mins or so from Brisbane city) & i will definitely take a look at the link u have there.
    Thanks again

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

For doulas check out our doula locator

Doula Doulas in Australia
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

artemis, I can only suggest strongly that you do some antenatal as well through birth talk or go along to a few meetings. I went a few times & even though its a 45 minute drive from me I made it as part of my ante-natal classes. So that I could be healed in time for giving birth again

Also, there is an amazing group through Caboolture Hospital & they are showing the Ricki Lake doco there. Maybe phone the hospital & find out more info because it will help you prepare.

Thanku very much Christy,i will give the hospital a call tomorrow & see what they say

Christy could u please tell me who i need to talk to at the hospital about this group because when i rang today the lady at the antenatal unit didn't know anything about it & couldn't tell me who would know either.
    The only suggestion she could come up with was to ask a midwife.
    TIA.

Smile Thanks!

Hi All,
    Just wanted to say reading all these positive stories about Doulas has really helped me to want to look into it further. One of friends used a Doula up in Townsville recently and couldn't speak highly enough of her. We are planning on TTC in the new year, does anyone have a personal recommendation for a Doula who would be able to come to the Northside of Brisbane?
    Thanks,
    Yvette

Quote Originally Posted by yvettemj View Post
    Hi All,
    Just wanted to say reading all these positive stories about Doulas has really helped me to want to look into it further. One of friends used a Doula up in Townsville recently and couldn't speak highly enough of her. We are planning on TTC in the new year, does anyone have a personal recommendation for a Doula who would be able to come to the Northside of Brisbane?
    Thanks,
    Yvette
    Hi Yvette
    I'm a doula working in Brisbane, I'm located quite centrally so I cover most areas.
    Good luck ttc, and when you're ready I'd be happy to have a chat with you If you click on my username in this post you can link to my site which has my contact details.

Flea - Thanks so much for your info, your website looks fantastic by the way, I will definitely be contacting you after we receive our BFP happy news.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12