Thread: Finally getting married! - question..

Post Finally getting married! - question..

Well after a couple of years waiting for DP to ask me (yep, wanted the whole romantic movies proposal) i asked him the other morning in bed, well not asked but just said i think we should blah, blah etc, so that morning we layed in bed and decided on what we wanted and how and when. It'll be small, close family and friends, married with a celebrant in a nice park close to home then reception will (hopefully) be in our fav wine bar/resturant with ****tail type food etc. my brother is a photographer so i'll get him to take a few nice snaps but other than that im going to rely on others photos (i never come out good in posed shots so natural will be the go). I'll have my best friend (whos also a florist!) and who ive known since i was 3 months old in the wedding and my two girls and DP will have my brother or his - hoping for mine as his is very irresponsible ad unreliable (sp). Not too sure on a car yet as dont really want to hire one and cant think of anyone with a nice enough one, the wine bar is only 15mins from home so if we still want to party it'll be back home for more (want to get the most out of the dress and the party!!) Mum will have the girls for the night. ANYWAY, my question is - planning this for the last saturday in Jan 09, how soon do you think i'll need to book the celebrant?
    The wine bar i'll do soon, more for the numbers (get price) but im sure we;ll have no probs there as we eat there alot.
    AND wheres a good place in MELBOURNE to find a nice but cheap dress? Ballarat?

Congratulations Shell

Congratulations.
    I don't take well posed photos either. I paid for a photograher who was really good. She got us to look at each other and look blissfully into the background/horizon for our individual shots, rather that look into the camera.
    For small wedding party groups she got us to chat to each other, make toasts, and have a good time.
    Then we did some group shots looking at the camera.
    I suppose part of the trick is taking many photos, for every 5 or so photos, there is 1 good one. And the great thing about digital cameras these days is that you only print the ones that you like.
    Anyway I hope this might help you get some nice wedding shots.

Congratulations!!!!
    I would find a book a celebrant ASAP. January is a busy time for them and you may take some time finding one that you want. I got married early Feb and had to book the church 12 months prior to getting married, even then we only just got in to where we really wanted.

As for the car i totally agree, we just borrowed friends cars, it's such a waste of money for the whole 20mins you might be in them anyway. Hopefully someone you know will have a nice car for you to borrow before the big day

Congratulations!

We were married last August and didn't book the celebrant til early July. I wouldn't recommend doing something mad like that though because you need to allow yourself time to work out the wording of the ceremony with the celebrant and your DP. Ours had a huge book with all the different things to say for different parts of the ceremony. Wading through all of it was a hoot but became a bit of a chore.

Good luck!

Abbey Bridal in Bourke St, Melb has some beautiful dresses without the crazy prices of some Bridal shops. 1st Floor Katies Bldg, 284-292 Burke St. The assistants were lovely, and not so 'snobby' too.

All the best,

Kate

Congratulations!! Have you thought of hiring a wedding dress? I have known of a couple of people who have and were quite happy. I had a look as well and almost went with one, but decided to make one myself.

Congratulations

Thanks everyone.
    Not too sure about hiring a dress - never really thought about it tho, i think id like MY own dress. (and a little supersticous (sp??)
    And yes, I think i will be booking the celebrant asap!
    Thanks for all your input and ideas - im thinking i'll get as much as i can done asap to get it all out of the way, except the dress.

Congratulations.

Cars I found that you can contact a cars club and ask if anyone would drive you to the ceremony. Lots of them love to get the car out and about with lots of people checking it out. A friend of mine spoke to the local car dealer they let her take a car for 1/2 a day test drive. After the ceremony one ofthe guests drove it back to the lot.
    Or just arrive in our own car park around the corner and walk in.

For a cheaper dress i would recomend a second hand dress. Then find a dressmaker to adjust for you size.
    Mine is sitting in the wardrobe all your welcome to buy that.

Keep us posted on how the planning goes, everything.

Mel