Thread: Found my wedding dress!

Default Found my wedding dress!

Just wanted to say that I went shopping on Saturday with my Mum and I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!!! It was the 2nd store we went into and the 6th dress i tried on and i fell in love with it! It was just perfect and fitted so well. It is made to order so i wait 12weeks until i get it. But i got to try on my size and the exact dress i will be getting..... I am really happy!

Something has gone right for a change! We have had a few difficult weeks the last few weeks with moving house and the bank letting us down with settlement etc so i'm really happy that I've found my beautiful wedding dress! And within our budget too :P That was important. I was told that once you find your dress, everything falls into place and I already feel like that is happening - i was a bit worried about it all before i got my dress. Everyone kept saying "ooooh hurry up and get a dress because it may take you months to find one!" but luckily i'm easily pleased and I found the perfect dress day 1!

Ren

YAY Ren!! Its sooo exciting when you find 'the' dress! Wishing you all the best!

lisa

Yay how exciting!!! I was so excited when I found a dress I liked too!

Congrats on finding your dream dress. I agree with once the dress is found everything else just falls in. Remember to enjoy the day for what it is and don't sweat the little stuff or things that can't be helped/changed.
    Congrats again

i was like that when i found my dres!! im glad you found one you are so happy with.... thats one big tick off your list!!!

well done and congrats!!

Thanks girls for all your kind words! I'm just really happy with it :P It's a nice feeling huh!?! xx

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Woooohoooo and congrats on finding your perfect dress

Yay, it really is a great feeling isnt it? I bought the first and only dress I tried on cause it was exactly what I wanted and everything else was just as easy for our wedding. hope that means yours is going to be a breeze too. And remember that lots of stuff you might think important now will not seem that way on the day, as long as you both and the celebrant turn up, that is what counts!!!!!

Thanks Sazzafrazz - yeah i agree completely :P I was a bit stressed about it 2 weeks ago and then i though "I don't want to be looking back after our wedding, thinking what the hell was i worried about!!" it's just silly worrying and doesn't help things progress any further anyway. It's 5mths until the wedding (late Sept) so i have done everything i need to do up until this point and there are some things that don't need to be done or booked until another month or so away so i'm fine. Speaking to a florist, and make up artist and hair stylist is next.... oh and the girls dresses! But that will be easy we are going shopping in 2 weeks time. it's a beach wedding so pretty casual anyway... not a huge fuss wedding if you know what i mean! :P We didnt' want anything REAL formal.

And the guys are going shopping like 2mths prior!!! They just need to get 3/4 black pants and cool beach wear leather thongs and some long sleeved button up shirts that will be rolled up to 3/4 sleeve length - they'll look so nice!!!! no suits!

WooHoo its such an achievement when u find it!!!

Yep relaxed and nofuss is the best. We had a morning wedding and informal buffet lunch reception with no set seating, one 3minute speech and no set dances/toasts or anything. The guys wore vests but no suit jackets and the girls hired their dresses. I was soooo relaxed on the day and we had a great time. Everyone told us it was the best wedding they had been to as they could get up and walk around/change table/go outside whenever they wanted. Hope you love your day as much as we did!

Sazzafrazz your wedding sounds like it was really fun! That sounds like what we are after actually, just something relaxed, laid back, informal and no set times for speeches etc just see how the night goes and let it just flow..... that way we can't be disappointed if it doesnt go to plan as there will be no plan to begin with! hehe