Thread: How to word it..... help....

Default How to word it..... help....

Ok, I need help on how to word on our wedding invitations that we dont want or need any presents , and that we will provide a wishing well for money gifts only. How do I word that without sounding bad

We just included a separate card in with the invite with a wishing well poem on it. I have included the one that we used. But if you do a google search, I am sure you will find plenty more out there. I have had several friends do it this way. It is a very acceptable way of doing gifts these days.

We hope that you can join us, on this our special day, to celebrate our union, in a very special way.
    Because we've been together for a little while now, we've collected lots of household things, before we take our vows.
    To make it easier for you, on the options you may dwell, we hope you will appreciate the idea of a ‘Wishing Well’.
    So, if you were thinking of giving a gift, to help us on our way, a gift of cash in our wishing well would really make our day.

Amelia Guest

Kerri - We sent out our invites with a seperate bit of paper with a poem on it for the wishing well!! We didn't put anything on the actual invite about the wishing well.

i have had an invite that said "In lieu of gifts, please make a donation to our wishing well".

We had a poem that was duffernt to the one above but I dont remember it!

Ok this is the one we had! I think I changed a couple of words around though. And I included another sheet of paper in the envelope seperate from the invitation

More than just kisses
    So far we’ve shared
    Our home has been made
    with love and care.
    Most things we need we’ve already got,
    and in our home we can’t fit a lot!
    A wishing well we thought
    would be great.
    (But only if you wish to participate).
    A gift of money is placed in the well,
    then you make a wish….. but do not tell!
    Once we’ve replaced the old with the new.
    We can look back and say it
    was thanks to you!