Thread: Ideas needed for ceremony in Adelaide.

Default Ideas needed for ceremony in Adelaide.

My friend is getting married next july in Adelaide and is having trouble thinking of ideas of where to hold the ceremony. I don't know Adelaide at all but was hoping someone on here would have ideas.

Being winter it needs to be indoors, for approx 200 people.

Somewhere near Beverly if able cause thats wher they're having the reception.

I'll be there for few days Ness so definately meet up.

what about the entertainment centre, its on port road whcich runs through beverly and they have some lovely places, they also have an old church which is not used for a church anymore but they have done it up beautifully, I am not sure on prices but I know when I checked it out it was very reasonable and not as much as I xpected,

hmmmm its hard though cause if she is having the reception somewhere already its hard to know of a place that will hold just a ceremony,

can she have it where her reception is going to be??? and maybe pay extra to have it set up while they are having their pics done and put the guests somewhere else for pre dinner drinks or something.

I will ask my mum as she is a celebrant here in adelaide and has married 100's of people so she pretty much knows all the venues availible here.

Ness- they may go church if they can't find anything else, its just that they aren't really religious so were hoping for elsewhere.

Amy- They are thinking of asking the reception place bout the ceremony, don't think they do it generally. Is the old church you mentioned around near the entertainment centre? Can you hire it out for like weddings? They're going over to Adelaide on the weekend so I'll tell them to check it out.

here are some gardens that are licensed for weddings in and around Adelaide metro: all of them can be hired just for the ceremony/service only:

Partridge House, 38 Partridge Street, GLENELG
    The Rose Garden at Adelaide Oval, North of Victor Richardson Gates, ADELAIDE
    War Memorial Gardens, East of Adelaide Oval, ADELAIDE
    Veale Gardens, South Terrace, ADELAIDE
    Rotunda Unley, corner of Unley Road and Thomas Street, UNLEY
    Barker Gardens, Prospect Road opposite Gladstone Road
    Prospect Estate Reserve, Prospect Road between Regency Road & Guilford Avenue
    St Helens Park, Prospect Road, opposite Buller Street

Thanks Lucy, do you know if any are indoors or under cover?

They all have rotunda type things..........so the wedding party would be undercover......

What about the rotunda at the zoo(this is a big rotundaand would fit many more than just the wedding party -could possibly fit 200). Or Adelaide Oval - not sure how many their rooms hold but they all have magical views across Adelaide Oval which is just stunning - or in one of the grand stands of Adelaide Oval. I will keep thinking.

Sadly, from memory, I think the Adelaide Oval only lets you use their rooms if you also use their catering.........which is a shame..........

Bummer about Adelaide Oval Lucy as it is such a beautiful spot isnt it

It is........we so very nearly got married there.......Hazelmere Homestead just pipped the Oval at the last moment.....but the Oval is gorgeous.....we take the kids there for a treat quite often.....to Shield matches.......if you ask my 3 year old where her favourite treat is she says, quite emphatically: "The Cricket in the City" LOL!

Just has another thought though, for indoor venues........did you know Adelaide Town Hall can host weddings? I went to a ceremony there a couple of years ago.......it was the classiest event ever, but I believe it is actually not all that expensive.........

there is also the art gallery, with the entertainment centre I am not 100% sure but will look it up in a tic, I know I wanted to have my 21st there but never ended up doing it, I would think that they would hire it out just for ceremony's dependant on the time,

th adelaide zoo is also a great sugestion its a really nice rotunda and I think it would easily hold 200 standing with some sitting its really big

wow thanks for all these suggestions. I'm going to have to put them all to them. Tell them to check some out while over there.

Great idea Amy - the art gallery would be very nice

Dont meanto hijack but lol Lucy the cricket is my three year olds fave treat as well. We are often there as well - it is quite relaxing sitting in the family area so the kids can run around, i can read the paper and dh can watch the cricket! My three year old keeps telling me 'boof is tired' meaning boof (darren lehmann) has retired.

Jem, that is so cute.....we have probably "seen each other" there without even realising it.......Olivia and Charlie regularly make little friends with other kids there.......which I love as it means me and DH can actually watch a little cricket in peace!