Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposals

My dh organised to have a night out..we drove down to the beach for a walk, where he promptly asked me to sit down, sang a song (mark cohn's 'true companion') got down on one knee and presented the ring with a will you marry me?. It was just beautiful.

Jo

I have told very few people the real story behind mine and Dh proposal.

DH and I were planning to go to the sydney olympics - my first ever flight and interstate travel - I was 19.

Anyway a few weeks before hand I got very sick, I was miserable, snotty, phemmy and fevers - very attractive. Anyway DH felt watching me suffer he proposed to me in his bedroom at his parents house while I was sick in bed. I was so stunned I cried, which was even more unattractive cause we all know what happens when your all snotty and you cry. But was so happy and of course said yes! Anyway he explains that he was planning to propse on the plane to sydney but worried about getting the ring through security without me seeing it and also that I would be so far away from my family to tell them afterwards. But then he goes and says that this isnt the way to propose and he wants to do it properly so he takes the ring back and tells me he'll surprise me.

I think it was nearly 2 weeks he came and met me for lunch at our local shopping centre - where as teenagers we spent most of our time and where I worked. Anyway I'm sitting there eating my Macca's and he's off getting his dinner or so I thought. Nearly 15-20 min goes past - my lunch hour is quickly coming to a close when all of a sudden this stranger approached me with a bunch of 12 red roses and a note - honestly the first thing that popped into my head was OMG he's dumping me but tucked inside was a familiar ring box and there was DH standing off to one side. he then got down on one knee - yes in the middle of a food court in Brisbane and propsed.

I have told very few people about our "first" proposal but to me that was the sweetest one and the one that means the most to me.

If I was you I would explain to your DP how important the romance element is to you, even if you pick out the ring together and he surprises you with it somewhere in the near future.

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    1.O.M.G.. your from the future.... oh i have SOOOOOOOOOO many question;s for you!! where do i start??!! (p.s im sorry i just couldnt help myself)

2. What a GORGEOUS way to do it... on his knee, holding it with your DS... i teared up! awwwwwwww
    awww thank you soo what questions? im happy to answe any you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Everchanging View Post
    but no he took another girl out with him to help him pick it out....
    OMG my Dp did the same thing! His "best friend" funnily his "best friend and I never seemed to get along hmmmm.

Ali -woohoo I got two proposals too :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12