Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it rude?

The fact that other partners are invited makes it rude; I think the first thing you need to do is ask if there's any particular reason he isn't. Perhaps there's something you're not aware of that needs sorting out? If they say it's a financial decision then I would decline my invite.
    If they can't give you a decent explanation for his lack of invitation then I think you're under no obligation to give a decent one for your not coming.
    Don't feel you have to lie, just say sorry, I won't be there.

Thank you so much for your feedback everyone. It's so nice to know that there's so many people that agree with me. I do like the idea of just taking Lachlan to show him off afterwards (that was the whole point... I have to able to show off my baby boy!!). I think I might ring her in the next few weeks when I feel like it and just tell her that i'll only be coming to the wedding. DH can probably take Lachlan to see the rellies while i'm there.

By the way Tracey... those "friends" of yours sound really silly. Did they say why they were 3 hours late or why they dont want to be friends anymore? (not like they sound like really good friends to have).
    Caryn... I could understand if there were no partners too but there have been other peoples partners invited. What was the no partners wedding like? was it a small one? it seems a little strange when you're celebrating your life together and your marriage and having a bunch of single people there... I guess it was because of budget constraints?.

Unfortunately, not inviting your DH is incredibly rude. I say unfortunately because it is always difficult to be on the recieving end of such rudeness.

well she ended up calling me to tell me a relative had dropped out due to illness but unfortunately Lachlan was teething and had been very miserable at the time so we declined. The wedding is this weekend and just I'm going but now we have another RUDE dilemma.

I'd spoken with a friend from high school (we'll call her A) and she said that we should all put some money in together and make it a nice bundle so I was like great and I'd told some people (lets call them Z) and I'd assumed A told some people too. But then I heard from Z that the others had brought a present and that A had put in on it and he was going to as well. So then I called the person who had organised it and told them that myself and another friend would like to contribute and they said well we already bought it (it wasnt something very exciting) so I said to them that I would buy something on behalf of us to contribute as well. So I did that... went out in the pouring rain with bubby to get it. Called them to tell them I get it. WELL... they got A to call me to tell me that I couldnt contribute as the person who organised it and another person had bought it especially and only let A go in it because she was overseas. I said to A well Z told me and he's in it too and A was like well I know nothing about it. Isnt it ridiculous snobbery... wouldn't you think these people would have grown up since high school? I mean arent people supposed to get over their stupid little cliques?!.

I was really upset after this and my partner heard all about it... as I pointed out... I dont get a lot of money... I gave up getting my hair done and buying some clothes to go to the trouble of buying these... Half of me wants to swear at them but I will try and show some restraint for the sake of my friends wedding... it is her day after all and I am so happy for her!!. Half of me thinks maybe she just invited them to say HA!! look at me now!!. Tell you what none of them will be getting an invite to my wedding (apart from the friend who's getting married)... thats for sure!!.

Mel, I sure hope you aren't all sat at the same table hun.

I don't blame you for having the $hits at them either. Time for them to grow up.

Anyway hun, now you get all the praise for your gift. Theirs is probably crap anyway

Yup... I think mine was way better . Ended up having an awesome time. I ended up "killing them with kindness" as they say. We were unfortunately at the same table but I enjoyed myself all the same. I could only get out 60 mls of EBM the day before so my partner took him for the ceremony and thankfully he slept most of the time. Me and another friend went and watched their photos with bubby afterwards while the others went to the brewery for a few hours (the bride and groom weren't very impressed as the order of ceremony had invited everyone to photos). Then hubby ended up bringing bubby to me at the reception whenever he needed a feed... he called me after he had tea and wanted to come pick him up so he did and as soon as bubby got back in the car he started screaming and did so for the next hour and a half and as soon as he got back to me at the reception he stopped. I think he just wanted to come back to the party. It was a macedonian wedding - bubby loved the music!!... he was sitting on my lap swinging back and forth getting right into it and then when the slow music was on I got up and danced with bubby - Everyone thought we looked so cute together so we had a tonne of fun after all. The bride was extremely impressed that we made it given that we'd travelled so far .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12