Thread: wedding gift question..

DoubleK Guest

Question wedding gift question..

my best friend is getting married in March, for their gift registry, they are having an account set up @ a travel agent, to go towards their honeymoon. i think thats a great idea!

i would also like to get her a little gift, just from me to her, to say im so proud & happy for her, and love her heaps!

im thinking maybe a necklace charm? maybe a love heart, to represent its a celebration of her wedding... what do you guys think? any other suggestions?

also, what is the etiquette with 'horse shoes' these days? lol, i remember mum buying one for my aunty, back in 1993, she went up and gave it to her before they walked back down the aisle... is that still what happens?

Rachy

with horse shoes my God mother made me one that matched my dress I married 10 yrs ago but I still got about 3 I think... as for the gift and small token of your friendship would be lovely..this is something I want to get my self so letting you in a big one here LOL I would love to have a chain with small heart with our wedding date on it and then and small charm with each of my childrens birth stone in it so you could give her her wedding charm and with each child she has give her another charm to repersent her child...

I think that's lovely ... with the horse-shoe, definately as she enters the church. If Krystal's going to the ceremony, get her to give it to her!

DoubleK Guest

oh i love the idea of the wedding date on it!! i think i just made my decision!!

im thinking maybe give it to her the day before the wedding? i wouldnt like to go and visit while she's getting ready, im sure she'll be really busy that day!!

it would be more personal to give it to her the day before as then she might be able to wear it or aleast be able to thank you as after the wedding you get so much stuff it becomes a bit of a blurr..

DoubleK Guest

yeh thats what i thought, thank you fior the idea.. i love it!

yeah I think thats a lovely idea,

we got married 5 years ago and quite a few people gave me horse shoes and other good luck things they gave it to me after we were announced as husband and wife and the celebrant told people to come and congratulate us.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I got married last may and got heaps of horse shoes, hearts, butterflys, keys even hand cuffs!!!
    I have always give them to friends as i think they are cute.

I love the necklace idea with wedding date on it!!

we had a flight centre registry as well as myer and was ACE!!!