Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: working from home

Hi Girls,
    Another way to make some extra cash every now and again is to sign up for voting pole days. You know you are the person who sits at the table crosses off peoples names hands them the voting forms etc - boring day I know but it pays around $250 + in the hand for one days work. I know its not permanent but its a thought for extra cash. I girl i used to work with did it on the Gold Coast - apparently its as easy as making a phone call and putting yourself on the list.
    Just a thought.
    Lissie

bumblebee_01 Guest

Another idea is modelling parades. They pay about $15 an hour to dress the models for the big parades, you need to be able to dress fast, but it is good work. Just contact a modelling agency, or Myers, David Jones in your area and enquire about work. I have done about 3 parades now and earnt about $300, its not much, but you only work for a few hours and every little bit helps.

Fletch - There is a state election coming up on 24 March 2007 and you can apply now to work as an electoral official through the SEO website.

Aaron & I have done the elections since we both turned 18, Aaron is now 2nd in charge when we do it & he gets paid heeeeaps. I'm sure I get paid more than $250 as well.

Yep we've done looong ones like that cos you have to count the votes at the end of the day which takes the most amount of time. It depends on the person in charge, if they are organised for counting it can be relatively quick, but if not it's tedious and slooooow.

im so jealous of you guys!! I looked at the vic site but there is no registration of interest or anything like that

Hey Mooshie - how are you going in your quest??

Caro - I might enlist your help regarding ebay sometime! We tried selling soaps before, but it was boring plain soap - not wrapped or anything.. and we didn't have any bites. But it was under DH's name, and kind of a random thing amongst other stuff he was selling, like used DVD's and games etc. If we were to setup a new username related to the soap biz (now that it's becoming a more official business), the only thing against it is we would have a 0 rating, and people don't like doing business with you then.

Liz, you could let some of us BB girls know as soon as you've got them on ebay. We'd happily buy them and then ppl would see how quickly they were selling! I might even write you a lovely reference... Hehe

LOL - should just get everyone to go and rate us even if they don't buy soap

mooshie Guest

hi there all

well to reply to lucy i am no longer really looking at working from home atm - i just can't find something suitable which isn't dodgy lol. my dh now has a new job which means no night shift so i am looking for work which i can do at night from around 8pm to midnight or so. i did a market research focus group last week that was fun got $80 cash however as the companies need people from the wider community this sort of thing doesn't come up often.

also a g/friend and i are looking at doing a few things in the way of babies/childrens wear, maybe to start selling them on ebay then looking at getting a website - just working out all the costings etc atm.

speaking of ebay, i quite often sell my unwanted stuff around the house, and lately i have done a HUGE cleanout, mainly of clothes and toys but i don't think it is the right time to list stuff yet, the demand doesn't seem to be out there what with christmas just gone and all the stocktake sales, what does everyone else thing - worth listing yet or waiting for a little while - hmmm want to of course get the maximum for everything, so i can try and put a dent in the credit card lol.

Oh yeah we'd all be set working from home making $10,000 a month - those ads are so dodgy I don't know who falls for them.

Glad it setteld with DH, are you still thinking unkind thoughts about the last stupid boss he had? Let me know if you posted somewhere else about it, you were sooo p'ed off and so was I!

mooshie Guest

yes lulu

still ****ed at the last guy at least dh has is new job and he is still getting offers rolling in lol - i did email the pm and i did get a phone call from someone, but as dh was not at the company for more than 6mths basically tough with the new ir laws. so basically that means anyone can hire you, get you to sign an ir agreement and then when they have got all they want out of you, they just send you on your merry way - be careful out there everyone those ir laws are terrible. my dh actually got a solicitor to look over the contract he has for this new company. we are ultra careful now

yep - cool. Thanks Caro. DH has used ebay for aaaaages, but like I said, only for selling off bits and pieces, he knows all the processes re postage etc. We actually have loads and I mean LOADS of computers and equipment to sell off.. just gotta list it! LOL.

But yeah - the soaps need to be separate definitely. We're gonna make some soap this weekend, but we still have very little variety. I'm looking into little baskets and things to make gift packs.

We've got a stack of ideas for products.. just gotta make em! hehe.

Thanks Caro! oh - and yay for you being a MPM! (that's new isn't it?? hehe - or have I only just noticed it??)

You could also change your username to something professional, not buy or sell anything for (i think?) 3 months, and then nobody can click back on the item that was bought, so you would have feedback without making it look unprof.

That's a good idea Yael, except DH is always buying or selling something. Best to keep it separate I think. Altho, isnt there something about not having multiple user accounts on one credit card (or something like that?) Hmm... how to get around that.

If you both had seperate cc but linked to the same account (b/c they look like seperate cards but are not IYKWIM?), get your husband to sign up and he can use that account to buy & sell, and you can use yours with the good feedback for the business.

I've got a credit card in my name, which we kept 'just in case' lol.. but we never use it. I guess I could sign up separately with that one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast