Thread: Job Interview tomorrow - advice?!?

Question Job Interview tomorrow - advice?!?

Well I have a job interview tomorrow for an awesome, amazing, wow kind of job IYKWIM.
    The interview will be over the phone and I have already looked up all of the usual questions and thought about answers. BUT, I don't want to leave anything to chance as I really want this job.
    So......does anyone have any great advice? or know of questions that I should think about?

First of all congratz on the interview! I'm sure you'll be great.

I think just be yourself and just feel confident because then you will sound confident. And have a smile because you will sound happy if you do. One thing i was told they don't like you asking is how much you'll be getting paid but i'm sure they'll tell you that anyways. Also research the company (if they are online) so you know it they will like that too because it will mean to them you really do want it and are keen. Umm not sure what else really. But goodluck and i hope you get it!

congrats on the interview! and the best of luck!

most places now are asking for circumstantial responses - they ask a question, and want a response with regard to:
    Situation
    Response &
    Outcome

so they ask something, want to know "what" your scenario is, "how" you dealt with it, and the result - whether it worked, didn't work etc...

antheia has given some great advice about confidence in your voice - smile, let them know you're interested by sounding enthusiastic and not bored - they can't see you, but it is worth behaving in a similar manner while you're on the phone as you would in a face to face interview - it comes across in your voice if slouching as opposed to sitting up and taking notice.

don't be afraid to ask questions - if they say something, and you're not sure, ask them to repeat it - some questions can be difficult to decipher what they're after. ask about the things you're interested in - hours of work, conditions - whatever takes your fancy!

again - Good Luck!!

This is not going to help you for tomorrow but JIC you want to know for future reference, I have the most fantastic book on job applications and interviews.

Philip Garside (2005) The Secrets of Getting a Job, the script for your next job interview. Second edition (2005). Hyland House.

I have always performed well at interviews but my poor DH constantly sells himself short. This book has will hopefully really help him next time (he is yet to test out what it says IRL).

What Tegan and Briggsy's Girl said was great. Try to relax, be yourself and be happy. Good luck from me too. Let us know how you go.

Thanks so much for your help!

So I had my interview today. It went quite well although they didnt ask much. They told me that they are going to put me through as the recommended candidate and I will get another interview in the next two weeks with the actual organisation that I will be working for. Fingers crossed that goes well as well!

I have my second interview tomorrow! Gee it took a while! I was beginning to worry!
    Fingers crossed for me.

GOOD LUCK!!!

lots of for you!!

im sure you will knock em dead!!!