Thread: SAHM on a Resume

Default SAHM on a Resume

Hi,

I'm just updating my resume preparing to applying for a casual job. How do you put on your resume you've been a SAHM, I'd like to put it 1) to account for the time (don't want them thinking I've been a bum doing absolutely nothing and 2) I want them to know I am a mum.

Thanks

Because I'm relatively new... can you tell me what SAHM stands for ? cheers

Stay at home Mum.

I went back to work casually about a year after DD was born. I went into retail because I wanted to work weekends so she wasn't in CC and hubby could look after her. I worked at Freedom for about two years until I fell pregnant again and they were really good. My manager had a young child herself, my dept manager was pregnant and I think in retail staff turnover is quite high. So I think they are willing to give you a go as long as you are honest about the hours you want to work.

Good Luck.

SAHM is Stay At Home Mum

That is a good question! I don't know the answer but will be watching this thread

Thanks!
    Explaining it on the resume- I suppose it would depend on if you have previous work experience at all? I would turn most of the focus on the time in the workforce and then add a few home duties you've been doing lately. If you have no work experience, then yeah I'd explain how long you've been at home, how hard it is to organise a household with kids, and how focused you can be, and how reliable you can be, even with being a parent. There are heaps of qualifications with being a mum

Dunno if that helped Good luck!

We have a new gym opening in the area in a few months, my experience has been in the fitness industry so I'm hoping for casual reception work. My DD will be 1 by then so happy to do 1-2 shifts a week just to keep up my experience and get out of the house.

I spoke with on the phone today, it's going to be quite a kid friendly gym (special area for kids) so hopefully that means they will be family friendly for staff as well.