Thread: What should I do?!

Default What should I do?!

Hey All,

I need some !!!

I've been busy looking and applying for jobs this week. I am pretty much applying for anything! I've applied for admin, retail sales assistant for fashion stores, night filler at supermarket and DH told me that a pet shop is opening up in a few months and he knows someone working there and will try and get me a job. Pretty much, just applying for anything!!

But at the beginning of the week, DH said to me why dont I look for a job that I could have a career in, not just something that I see no future in it. I thought no, because we need money NOW. But a few months back I saw advertised a position at a home building company for a drafter that doesnt have any experience and wants the best on the job training. I thought for sure, that the position would be gone and then just now on seek, its been advertised again!!! And I really dont know what to do...

Since highschool I have wanted to be an architect/drafter but didnt get the grades to get in to TAFE/uni so I gave up on the dream and now there is a company that is offering on the job training. When I first saw the job, I thought that there was no point because we will be having another baby soon. But the baby plans have been put on hold for a few years, so really what is stopping me??!!

I think my main concern is that this job wont be paying much and the point of me going back to work is to help out with money. The job wont be paying much NOW but there is the potential of me making big bucks if I stick with it!! And at the moment I am only look at part time work, but I would do this full time because it is really something that I want to do.

So really, the decision should be easy dont you think??!! So what do you think I should do?? Should I apply for the job and see what it is all about. I guess I can always turn it down if I really dont think it'll work out...

AHH! I make my life so difficult

Well it sounds to me like something you would really love, & hey if it doesn't work out at least you have tried. I agree in doing something you can have as a career if you get that opportunity, then when you do have next bubs you know you can have mat leave & what you will going back to & there is always the opportunity to climb the ladder. So looking at it that way I say "go for it!"

The only things I would be thinking about are $$$ in terms of care. If you are using full time Day Care that will be expensive & you at least want to cover that & make a little extra. I've just started to break even with our day care as I have been hit with many public hols & being casual I don't get paid. That's the other thing with casual, if you have the opp for full time & are happy to do so then you know you will always have $$$ coming in despite being sick etc. The other thing for me would be "do you want to work fulltime?"if yes then go for it, if it's been re-advertised & they have not found who they are looking for perhaps you could approach doing only 4days a week giving you extra long weekend with bubs?

why not lol go for it. My hubby is a draftsman and he loves it. This job pays 2,000 more not much i know but hey its better then nothing.

Veronica, the way I make these decisions is by picturing each scenario and watching how I feel when I imagine them --- if you heart sings, you feel a rush of energy and excitement, then that's the thing you should be doing. If you just feel anxious, or uptight, or dread it in some way, then that's not the thing you should do. It's about letting your heart choose. Your intuition knows whether the drafting position is all that it's cracked up to be. I'm a big believer that when you're living your passion, everything else falls into place - even if it means a bit less money for a while, that abundance will come to you in other ways.

HTH and good luck with your decision.

Marydean - I would love to be a draft person. I do feel like my heart is singing, the only thing I am afraid of is being in a totally new situation and learning everything and meeting new people. THis comes from being a bit of a shy person, but I dont think it would hold me back.

The only thing I wouldnt like is going back to work full time, but I would if this is something that I really really wanted to do. So DD would be in full time daycare so that is one of the reason for thinking about how much the job will pay. I could see if MIL could look after DD a few days a week and then the rest, day care.

Well, I think I am going to do it!! I will talk to DH when he comes home cause this is something I really want to do and the opportunity is too good to pass up again

Veronica - definitely go for it. Put in an application and if you get an interview, go and suss it out.

Then make a decision about whether you want it. You don't have to weigh up all the pros and cons right now, you can do that if and when they offer you the job.

If they've had to readvertise, maybe they would even consider you doing it part-time or 4 days a week.

Gotta be in it to win it.

Follow you heart hun - you are getting a second chance at this one!

Thanks everyone!!!

I am applied for the job and we will see where it goes. The opportunity was too good to pass up so lets hope I get an interview!! Cross your fingers for me!