Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

LOL at the CHN Susan!!!and no, I haven't picked up my bass.... I miss it!

Michelle its good that your DH got a sample of your days first hand... and even just a sample is hard work....

Well DH took MAtilda to the Dr today for needles etc, and I had a huge list to ask & mention about Matilda, and apparently all the stuff is the reflux acting up... her throat was red again and so we have to add another medication to her list of things to take #-o ...and me the women who hates medications of all forms... oh well...

So DH took her to the Dr, she had her needle and she didn't even cry and came home & he fed her & she went to sleep for 2 1/2 hours!!! She's woken up & has been happy ever since! She's 7kg & 67cm long!!! My goodness I thought she was getting heavy in the sling!!

Anyway...we've got to go shopping for food now, I'm tired after work and I think we'll just veg out for the rest of today!

Woohoo Christy!, that is awesome that Matilda handled her injections so well!!!

Great to hear that you will be sticking around Susan!!!

Speaking of clever babies... Aidyns little trick is whenever we try to settle him down for a sleep, he wont cry, he just laughs and laughs and coos... so of course we can't just leave him there when he's being so cute, hence now it takes over half an hour to get him settled each time!

Pee - that is lovely that your DH is loving being a Daddy!!

Well Aidyn has been a bit strange today, he is off his food... it is now 3.30pm and he has only had 2 bottles and one meal of solids since 4.30am... which isn't like him at all. He seems extra sleepy too, so maybe he is coming down with something? But no temp though thankgoodness!

back on & Matilda has stayed pretty settled all day :-s .... we even went food shopping & out to coffee with her at the arsenic hour.... now she's had her bath and is having a bottle and is happy as anything, no panadol nothing....
    [-o< for a good night too!!!

:-k about Aidyn? Strange... he's been not keen on his food lately hasn't he? Maybe its all the yummy solids he's been eating! hmmm....

Marcia Guest

Christy - Glad Matilda handled the immunisations so well. IKWYM about not wanting to add anything else to her list of medications. I don't even like giving Hudson Panadol unless he seems to really need it or has a temp. I have to say that I think we are really lucky that Hudson doesn't seem too upset by his reflux. It is very very messy and we seem to change his clothes constantly all day, but at least I can get away with avoiding medications.

Ambah - Hope Aidyn isn't getting sick again . He seems to have been a bit of a sick chickie lately. Hopefully he was just having an off day the poor bub.

Pee - That is so nice to hear that your DH is getting into being a daddy now. It's lovely to see them have boy time isn't it?

Not much happening for me here. Oh! Except that I must be boastful and say that we have our BB meet here in SA tomorrow which I am really looking forward to! YAY! Although I think I have been in this house too much lately as I feel a little nervous about meeting new people 8-[ lol. Even though they are not really new IYKWIM I am still a little scared lol.

oh Marcia IKWYM sometimes it is a bit scary! I remember how meeting Ambah the first time I was a bit scared...they scary thing that she is LMAO! But its been great & shes not so scary in person (I got used to the wings...lol) Sorry I'm being a bit silly tonight...

ROFL Christy!!! I was a bit scared myself I must admit!!
    IKWYM Marcia - I also have to admit that sometimes I feel a bit self conscious in social situations, cause most of the time now I am either talking baby talk, or typing, LMAO!! But try not to worry, I'm sure it'll be great! How many of you are meeting up??

I suspect that Aidyn might be a bit off because his next tooth is on its way up as well... well that is my theory anyway.
    Christy, I thought it might be the solids too, but I didn't give him any until this afternoon, yet all morning he was not that hungry as well, so who knows. Maybe just an off day, and tomorrow he will probably be ravenous!!

OK, gotta give Aidyn his nightfeed now, before he wakes up properly!!

Hi all,

Ambah I was going to suggest that being off his food may mean teeth, the ph in their mouths change when they are teething and things taste different (I found out with my 3rd).

Yay for Matilda coping so well Christy, that is a relief.

It's funny but even though we all chat away here actully meeting up is a scary thought. I am not really near many people so it hasn't happened, but you hear loads of internet freak stories and I guess that makes you worry. Not that I think anyone here is a freak by the way! LOL. I'm sure everyone is perfectly normal. I think I also picture people as they look in their avatars and that seems weird. I know when I have looked at some websites I have been surprised that the face of the mummy didn't really look like the avatar! DERR I know! I must be tired, I think I'm rambling.

I have had a **** of a day really, the kids have been fine, but Arron is in full selfish mode, just whinging about how he wants to go fishing, which he did Tuesday just gone. I can't believe he carries on the way he does, even though he agrees that he is unfair. It is my 30th bday tomorrow and I think I'd rathr not go! That is if I don't get up in the morning maybe I can stay 29. Theres always hope. Ever since 21 I have been trying to ignore the bday but they just keep coming. I usually cry at least twice on my bday so I don't see why I should change the routine.

Good night all, sorry if I missed anyone.

Glad to hear you will prob stay Susan.
    Cheers Michelle

Just back from the hospital with Asha! She has got quite bad sunburna dn I feel like a bad Mum!! She had her hat on and was in the shade apart from when we walked to and from the car (we had Tee Ball today). I have been apologising to her since she turned red!!! *cries*

Will come back tomorrow, hopefully to say she is not as red!

Thanks for the info Michelle, I didn't know that about the PH levels changing in their mouth.
    Btw, you last posted at 12.36am - so is it your birthday today, or tomorrow?? if today, then HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    I hope DH can pull himself together for your birthday, and hopefully make it a special day for you...

Hows is Asha's sunburn today Kelly?? I hope she's a lot better...
    I get worried about Aidyn at times too, cause even though I have a shade cloth over his pram, sometimes he stickes his feet out, and I have no idea how long they have been poking out in the sun for... Definately time to invest in some baby sunscreen.
    Can anyone recommend any good brands??

I am so looking forward to this afternoon! MIL is coming up and babysitting Aidyn for a couple of hours while me and DP go to the movies!! We're not using my BB tickets though (they havent arrived yet) as I will be choosing that movie myself for sure!!! But DP got some free passes to some comedy with Ben Stiller, and this is one of the last weekends it is screening.
    Am slightly worried as we haven't left Aidyn with anyone since he was quite a bit younger, and now that he's older I wonder if he will notice us gone and get upset?? Oh well, have to get him used to it sometime I guess. Anyway we are both looking forward to a little break!!

Well it is no better in fact it is worse and now I am beating myself up over it!!!

She has HUGE yellow blisters on her face (she has to wear mittens so she doesn't scratch her face!!). I have some calls to make as I can't go to work tomorrow with her like that. I feel so bad ... time to go and beat myself up some more.

*Crying*

Melinda Guest

Oh Kelly, big hugs to you! I'm sorry that Asha is worse today....I hope that it's much better in a few days. Try not to make yourself feel bad...we all have our moments where we beat ourselves up I think!

Michelle - I hope you have a great birthday today and that Arron isn't a sooky bum about going fishing!

Christy - I didn't realise you played the bass! OMG! I have a bass too! I haven't actually played it for a few years unfortunately as I was too busy with work and study!! I dislocated my elbow many years ago too and since then I hadn't been able to play as fast anymore which ticked me off! I'm glad that Matilda was such a good little girl for her needles and that you had a good day. I had to chuckle at your comment about the 'arsenic hour'. ROFLMAO

Ambah - I hope you have a great time at the movies!!! I hope Aidyn is a good little man for your MIL!! I wonder if you will feel like part of you is missing or like you've lost something whilst you're at the movies.... that's how I felt the only time that we left Jacob with my Mum!! That reminds me, we must do that again shortly as we were planning on going out for dinner or to the movies once a month for a bit of 'us' time......

Oh Kelly!! I was just worrying about the same thing with Matilda as I walk heaps & she's often stuck with sun on her when its windy! Poor Asha! And Poor Kelly because its not as if there isn't enough guilt in the mother's job!!! I went to the chemist yesterday for sunscreen & nothing can be used under 1 year!!! YUCK! I put some of ours on her feet last week in case they were in the sun too long and only now found out that was really bad #-o ...what can you do??

I hope she heals really quickly!

spiddles Guest

Wedding went well...he slept all the way to brissy. Got to the place early so went looking for somewhere to change his nappy. Found the owner of the place (was in a garden and had a marauee for reception) She asked me what wedding I was after so told her and she said we were early. Asked her if there was any place to change his nappy and I got told there is a portaloo over there. How the hell would you change a baby's nappy in a portaloo!! For one there is no space. Luckly had change matts in nappy bag so chaanged him on the grass, boot of car on a bench anywhere I could and was soooo cold. Ended up having to express in back of car.

Was a bit grizzly before and after cermony. After cermony they served drinks and nibblies on top of mountain. Like 50 stairs to get there no ramp so had to carry pram up. Not very baby or wheel chair friendly. By the time that was over was asleep so had to carry him with the pram down the stairs. Fun Fun.

Slept most of the way through reception and all the way home at 1 then wanted to play all night and has hardly slept. Finally DH just got him back to sleep. Hopefully he will sleep through til 4. He usually does for afternoon nap *fingers crossed*

mooshie Guest

hi there
    wow havwe not been on this thursday and so many posts, it is hard to reply to all messages - so just a quickie,

susan = hope you stay on - stuff the il's its an invasion of privacy tell em to go get a life

christy - yay for matilda coping so well with the needles, i am not looking forward to the needle thing again - and i can sympathise with the settling ](*,)

michelle - re hubby mmm men they are always hard done by aren't they oh well at least he had a little taste of what it is like

my memory is up the creek can't remember all the other posts so hope all is going well.

oh christy - i have used toddler milk sunsreen (i think that is the name) with mine since the summer they needed it jessie was born in july so she would have been 6mths old and jay was born in may so he would have been around 8mths old.

as for lani well she is still sooooo cute (i know i am biased) her hair sticks up into a mohawk and for the life of me i cannot seem to get it down.

as for settling sheeesh last night it took me from 6.30pm to 9.30pm she would cry i would wait 1min then replace dummy or pat and as soon as she saw me she would stop crying cheeky devil - anyway finally at 9.30pm i got her up and fed her she then slept until 5.30am yay baby girl - today i have been putting her in the cot to sleep, but she will sleep for around 45 mins then wake to i just pat or replace dummy until she is due for the next feed.

right now she is in the pram with dummy in and my foot rocking it lol

better go dinner is cooked only 5pm but i will reheat later at least it is done.

anyone got any tips for these cheeky monkeys on holding the darn dummy in, or the best dummy, i have tried a couple and she seems to like the nuk brand but still loves to spit it out so mummy can come in and replace it lol.

see ya
    michelle

lani michelle - born 15/9/04

Mooshie: can't help with the dummy. Brandon had a nuk one, but would only hold it there for 30 secs then spit it out straight away, whether I was there or not. We got him a teething ring recently and he can hold that himself and so he sucks/chews on that.

I also found that Aidyn spat his NUK one out a lot, so I tried the Pigeon brand ones (from the chemist) and he took to them really well. I think the mouthguard on the Nuk one was a bit too sharply curved for his chubby cheeks, LMAO!!

Will post more later... trying to settle Aidyn atm.

Marcia Guest

Hi girls.

Hope your B'day was good Michelle! LOL at your DH saying looking after the kids was really hard. I hope he gives you a lot more credit for what you do now! You certainly deserve it cos I find looking after one hard lol. I hope he stopped throwing a tanty and gave you a nice b'day too.

Spiddles - sounds like the wedding was a bit of a marathon for you. I've suddenly realised how baby unfriendly so many places are. It's strange because you would think that as far as prams go it wouldn't be such a problem as these kinds of places should be wheelchair friendly and hence pram friendly too?

Ambah - Hope the movies was good! Like tootie said, did you feel like a part of you was missing? I know I feel like that when I am away from Hudson. Not that I wouldn't mind getting to the movies while he was babysat lol. I haven't been to the movies for what feels like forever!

On the Sunscreen subject, the Anti-cancer foundation have a baby sun protection fact sheet and it basically says that even though they don't make sunblock specifically for young babies, it is best to cover them with clothing/hat/shade as much as possible and then also put sunblock on the exposed areas. It says that they have found no harmful results from using sunblock on babies of any age and therefore it is better to use sunblock than for them to get sunburnt. We don't have any yet, but I will be getting some toddler milk this week as Hudson has very fair skin and I'm sure he will burn easily like me.

Well, feeling very tired here after our long day. Went to the BB meet today which was good and it was nice to meet some new people. Hudson was very cranky though and cried a lot more than normal. It seems to be something he has started doing lately when we go out lol! I think now that he is aware of what is happening around him he doesn't want to sleep when out, and then of course cracks it completely because he is tired. Having said that, Kathryn held him for me while I put some things in the car to go home, and he was completely happy until she gave him back to me! I told her she might just have to take him home with her cos he doesn't seem to like me anymore lol. Then I have battled with him since 5 when we got home to get him to sleep and he has only just decided to give in now at 8pm. He fell asleep in the sling for a little bit, but when I tried to transfer him into his bed he woke and went off. Oh well. Just one of those days I guess. I hope tomorrow is better because I have to clean the house for an inspection on thursday. Man I hate inspections #-o .

Kelly - Try not to beat yourself up because of Asha's sunburn, I mean its not like you (or I!!) would expect the sun to cause so much damage in such a short time frame!!
    I hope the poor little tyke heals quickly.

Spiddles - Well done to Liam for not making much trouble for you at the wedding, sounds like you had quite a long day!!

Sounds like you had a long day as well Marcia! Glad to hear you had a good time at the BB meet! Makes me wish I was in Adelaide - I would love to be able to meet more of you girls!!

Well we had a great time at the movies this afternoon, though we did still worry about how Aidyn was doing. As it turns out he had a fantastic time with his Grandma and didn't fuss or cry once, was a little angel! O Which is very reassurring to know, if we ever need him babysat again.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast