Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

katanya Guest

Hi everyone..

Wow it has been AGES!!

I finally got my computer rebuilt from scratch as it was pretty fried and I just figured it would be cool to have a new system to run windows XP on, it ended up being quite reasonable, and my Mum said she'd make it a birthday/ Xmas present..so here I am!

Life without a computer hasn't been so bad, as I said before I have started cloth nappies and I LOVE them (big turnaround for me) also the extra time around the house hasn't been so bad, I am going to try to be discipined now about not spending all day checking for emails..we'll see!

Felix is wonderful, I haven't even attempted to catch up with you guys, but I bet they are all growing up as fast as he is..he is SO fun now it's great..but part of me mourns that peaceful lap baby that just eats and sleeps..

I will gradually try to catch up...

I'm happy to be back!

Marcia Guest

So nice to see you back Katanya!! =D>

YAY!!!!! Welcome back Katanya!!!!! I have missed you!!!

katanya Guest

Thanks guys

It's great to be back!

awww poor Hudson !!! I hope he is good for you tomorrow Marcia. I will have to get the photos that Andrew too up very soon.

Katanya. I was just thinking of you the other day wondering where you had gone too. Great to have you back !!

Love :hbeat:

I'm glad to see you back Katanya!!!

Hi all,
    well my bday is almost over. I got money $150 in vouchers, perfume , a necklace and some summies, and some tats tickets. Mum and Dad haven't got me anything as my had an operation and hasn't been able to get out, so My bday will be extended. It will also be extended in Nov when we have our joint 30th party.

As for what sort of day it was. Well I mowed and washed clothes and Arron hired a Dingo to dig out the dirt for our paving (he had a ball). We had my aunty, cousin and SIL drop in, then Mum, Dad, my brother and my IL's came over around teatime. 30 is a sort of milestone I guess, and it had been playing on my mind all day that I alwaystake photos and are never in them. I think that I have only been in a couple of photos with Jessica, won't know for sure till I get them developed (tomorrow I'm putting them in). I wasn't in many photos with Jordan, and when she wanted one of her and I for Kinder( a fe years ago), the only one I could find, other thasn newborn was on her 2nd bday. I don't really like what I look like in photos but I worry that when I'm not around then my kids won't have any pics of me to remember me (tears well up in eyes). I think I think too much sometimes. Anyway this is going somewhere- I just had a fight with Arron cause he didn't take any photos at all of me and the kids all day or even take a photo when we had cake. I know he just didn't think but that is the annoying part. last year on his bday I took pics when the kids got pressies and at the cake time. I also took photos fathers day this year, the day I got home from hospital. He has said he will take more photos from now on, but I am sad cause opportunities are lost (wipes eyes) I know I should just get over it but sometimes I'm like a dog with a bone. Phew! Glad that's over!

Kelly I have done the same thing and I felt bad too, but it wasn't intentional so don't beat yourself up. I would just use a toddler sunscreen too rather than none if you are going to be out.

yay for some time alone/together Ambah! Sometimes its good to get out and be a grown up for awhile. Glad you had a great time.

Spiddles the wedding sounds like it went well and well done to Liam for being good, bet you were tired the next day though!

Hi everyone else, sorry after the epic post i have lost track of everyones bits and pieces. I think I need some sleep. So I will catch up soon with anyone I missed.
    Cheers Michelle

Hey Christy
    I just noticed you joined BB 1 yr and 1 day ago. Well done!
    Michelle

WOW!!! Thanks!! I didn't even notice that!! I knew it was sometime around now as I had just found out I was PG!!

Hey Christy, did you make the 2000 before or after the year was up?

Sorry Kelly missed you before. Poor Asha, but I wouldn't have thought she'd get sunburnt so quickly either! I don't even have a shade cloth for the pram (although brandon is usually in long sleeves) and only put the bunny rug up when the sun is in his eyes. But I try and take him outside for at least 5 mins of sun every time it is nice outside, so his skin gets used to the sun and the extra vitamin D is good, so maybe he just doesn't burn as easy. I'll be buying toddler milk on payday though. Hope he takes after DP who just goes brown and needs a full day in the sun unprotected to burn. Not that I'm going to take the chance though.

Katayna, preggo buddy! Glad to see you back! Is felix talking yet? Rolling? Clonking himself on the head with his rattles? (Brandonseems to have rediscovered this habit lately and thinks its a ball, till it hits, then he gets aggro and does it harder - I think he's trying to beat it up with his head? Gotta watch out for his headbutts, they're quite painful.

Glad to hear you had a good bday haul michelle.

We still have to use my BB movie tickets, as they expire this month. I'm a bit weird about leaving Brandon babysat too. BIL said he would, so we just have to pick a movie and find a time that suits. Kinda wish we could just go when B is a asleep and take him with us and somehow magickally ensure he stayed that way the whole movie lol
    Any suggestions what is good on this month? I want to see team america, but doubt it will be out in time.

Glad the wedding went well and laim was good. Grr at the hike upstairs though. Seems like a lot of hassle for all the guests to walk though, not just you. Some people get a little carried away with weddings I guess.

katanya Guest

Hi Kathryn, Christy and Susan..it's great to be back!

Susan: Felix is talking HEAPS! this week is the Ba-ba-ba week.. knocks himself with rattles, can backwards bum push, sit up propped and when he's distracted for a few secs, throws toys on the floor for a game, bites my nipples and the squeals in laughter (I am trying to get him out of this habit as his teeth looking like the will burst through any day) he's pretty much on track developmentally not ahead not behind but just right!

With the movie tickets, does you Cinema offer a "babes in arms" session, it is great, my mothers group goes, everyone has babies or young children (or those mad folk who dare to join in sans children) Try ringing the cinema to see what is offered. I was worried it would be hard with everyone else's children, but it's no worse than russling wrappers. If they do the full-on crying thing you leave for a few mins, but Felix slept, ate and watched the movie..the only noise he made was babbling to the screen..we took him to a "normal session" at 7 weeks and he just slept right through it..no such luck now though!

Hi Katanya - Just thought I would give you a quick update on Aidyn to help catch you up, LOL!
    He is now 73cm long and weighs 9kg (top 90th percentile for both) DP and I are beginning to call him our Gentle Giant, lmao!. He started rolling over at 4 months. And he cut his first tooth through last week!!(and boy is it sharp - so look out Katanya!! ) He also started sucking on his toes last week, lol. He has been on solids since 4 months and is loving it.
    How sweet at Felix talking like that!!! Aidyn is actually quieter now than when he was younger, but he laughs a lot more.

Sounds like you got a few nice things for your Birthday Michelle, but a pity that you had to do those chores!!
    I know what you mean about the photos... I am only in a few since Aidyn has been born, as I am usually the one behind the camera! And you're not alone either, I'm pretty sentimental and things like that can upset me greatly too...

Such a beautiful morning today... raining outside... I soooooo did not want to get out of bed!! And neither did DP who is now going to be very late for work, LOL!

katanya Guest

ambah: Holey dooley!!! 73 cms and 9kgs!!!!!!!!!!!! That is amazing....Felix was only just over 7kgs at 4mths and I don't think he's put on that much since(apparently it is usual for breastfed babies to plateau at 4-5 mths) he is about 67cms tall and looks tall and lean (not skinny but not chubby), I'll put a link to some photos when I get myself organised. He has gone back to his birth weight proportions.

LOL at the feet thing yeah Felix does that too it's too cute! grabbing ankles and trying to stuff them into his mouth! We are still just feeding breastmilk purely, although he's starting to show the signs of being close to ready, but I will be waiting till 6mths at least.

The teeth can definitely wait!

IKWYM about photos there are so few with me in the photo, I had some pixie photos taken with both of us and the ones of me are terrible, I didn't get them..I just look fat and frumpy! Much cuter to take photos of Felix and Lachie, but it would be nice to be able to look back and see me in the photos with Fleix..

Wow !!!! you have a big boy their Ambah. I haven't weighed Lachlan in a little while but he was still around 7.4kg when I did weigh him

Love :hbeat:

Woh!

My shoulders are glad they aren't yours ambah! How do you cope? I have a slight back inflamation as it is, and Brandon is only 6.9kgs and 63.5cms long. He's at the 30th percentile for his weight, and lenght and head are at 10.

We've only taken three or four photos of Brandon since we left the hospital, and all of them were of him only. I'm a little upset we didn't get one of him just newly born that isn't wrapped up, because you can't see how tiny he is. I keep saying we should take more photos, but I don't do anything about it.

Brandon plays with his toes on the change table. I take his feet out of his suit, and then he waits till the nappy is off and then grabs his toes so I can slid the new nappy under. He's so good with dressing himself. When I put a new suit on, I just put his hands into the armholes and move on to his feet, and by the time the suit is done up his hands are out of the hand holes. My clever little man

Marcia Guest

That is so cute susan about Brandon starting to dress himself!

We have taken heaps of photos of Hudson since he was born, however our mistake is that we take about 3 or 4 photos of the same thing all the time lol. Then we don't know what to do with them later because we only really want one of each in his album lol. Oh well. Rellies can have them I guess. DH also doesn't take many photos of me with Hudson and I must admit I get a bit cranky about it. We just got two films developed and I had asked DH a few times to take pics of me with Hudson on them. Anyway, when I got the photos back I discovered that when he was taking pics of me holding Hudson he was just taking a pic of Hudson and my arms!! Grrrrr. And any that have me in them properly (about 2) have my head cut in half! I take pics of him and Hudson all the time doing things together like baths and sleeping and playing. I think it is special to be able to look back at that, but obviously DH doesn't even think about it, even when I specifically ask him to! I think I will have to spell it out to him in great detail and maybe he will understand then lol.

LOL at DH...unfortunately mine will take heaps of shots of me holding Matilda, usually after an awful day where I look like I've been hit by a train, LMAO!!

Our little ones are so cute!! Whenever I hear all the stories about what they are doing I get all fuzzy...

katanya - sounds like Felix & Matilda are around the same size... she's 67cm & 7kg...

well...loving the rain, and going to go get out of these work clothes and into some PJ's!!! LMAO!! Can't waste the rainy day!! Get into PJ's pop some popcorn & put a scary movie on!! Sleepy Hollow here we come!!! (Matilda's asleep atm, but when she wakes I'll turn it down low & won't let her watch..)

I know... he's huge for his age, everyone that sees him says so! And though he is chubby, he is just also very long and solidly built. Most strangers that see him think he's around 8 months, LOL!
    I have queried the nurse about his weight as well, but she says not to worry unless it goes out of the lines on the chart, LOL! And because his length is up there with his weight it makes it acceptable. I think it may be a bit hereditary as well... cause Jackson was a massive baby too. As long as I dont feed him stuff like baby custards, make sure he gets more vegies than fruit (to avoid too much sugar) he should be ok.
    I have to admit though sometimes I get really worried that other people think he is too big, and I am overfeeding him or something...even though I don't know how to, cause if he's not hungry, he just doesn't eat!
    Soemtimes I wish he were a bit smaller, just so I can cherish him being a baby for a bit longer, but he is just growing so fast!

That is very smart of Brandon to be helping you dress him, Susan!! Aidyn lifts his legs to help me out, but hasn't done the arm thing yet!

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast