Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

Arghhhhh... I'm getting really frustrated! I have been up with Aidyn since 5am this morning (its now 8am) because the poor boy is in pain with his teeth. He keeps punching his mouth and grumbling, and I have given him teething drops, bonjela, cold teething rings but nothing seems to be helping... On any normal day (for the past few months!) he would go down for a nap only an hour after he first wakes, but he's already been up for 3, and its not doing his temperment any good.
    [-o< ing for him to go to sleep...

oh yuck Ambah!! I hope Aidyn gets some sleep!! & you get a rest from the temperment!! Its hard to watch them go through this! Matilda did it yesterdy morning for 2 hours and then it took an hour for her to settle to sleep and only slept for an hour ](*,) ](*,) just enough time for me to run around the house picking things up & tidying and then I sat down with a cup of coffee and she woke up...

But we havehad another good night,,,Matilda went to bed at 7.30, woke at 1am! and the at 5.15am! and then back to sleep until 6.45....

Pee... I've had conflicting advice from the CHN, the early childhood centre, the bf association and the midwives all along.... :-s its so confusing, so what I did was trial everything for a week or so and see what worked best for Matilda, and then I lost confidence big time, because what worked well for Matilda wasn't working well for me... anyway... Ive been reading a book called "Parenting by Heart" by Pinky McKay and its helping me regain confidence in my parenting choices etc.... But I have found now that she automatically went into the routine of waking up and feeding & play then to sleep again... it doesn't work everytime, but the majority...

BTW another achievement thats now happened 3 times this week is Matilda has fallen asleep in my arms!! Bliss.... she's never done that before... she's just screamed the whole time, she's only fallen asleep on the boob before and then as soon as you put her down she screams, so I don't count those experiences but she's fallen asleep as I've rocked her & cuddled her & I have to say that was the most enjoyable ever....

Melinda Guest

YAY for Matilda falling asleep in your arms!!!! It's pretty nice isn't it!

I hope poor little Aidyn has gone down for some sleep Ambah, the poor little man!! Teething must be nasty....

Well we've had another first here....Jacob laughed for the first time yesterday!!! Well, it was his first 'proper' laugh....he's been laughing when he's tired and half asleep for a while now, but yesterday was the first time he did it whilst he was awake IYKWIM.....unfortunately I didn't witness it until later in the day.....it was DH who got the laugh first! LOL He did it again today as DH was attempting some rather bad beat-boxing and waving Jacob's arms about ROFLMAO. Clearly Jacob found DH's noises as amusing as I did heheheheee.....I tell you what though, I thought smiling was special! The laughing is soooo gorgeous!!

Vicsta Guest

Christy: Its is lovely when they fall asleep in your arms. I have made it a habit of placing Bailey in his cot awake but when I'm out @ mother's group he always falls asleep in my arms. He is so heavy that my arm goes dead for about 30 minutes. I also remember reading that you have read "100 ways to calm the crying" from Pinky McKay. I just borrowed it and have just started it. When I borrowed it though; the librarian just said to me..."it doesn't look like that you need this book!". Bailey was very happy in his pram.

Ambah: Bailey hasn't started teething yet and I'm dreading the time. He has woken after the morning naps with rosy cheeks though.

Michelle: I was thinking of taking Bailey's pram on the escalators once but now I don't think so. I'll stick to the lifts!

Well we're having a nice quiet afternoon here today as we have such a busy weekend ahead of us.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend

Vicki

YvetteE Guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a bad day today. Cohen has been really unsettled the last couple of nights and I am really suffering from sleep deprivation. I find that I am really easy to find fault and I just don't have much patience. I also have Cohen Baptism to organise for Sunday and I just don't have the energy. I don't know why he isn't sleeping well. I'm hoping he gets over it quickly!

Tootie, I love it when they laugh. Cohen's first big laugh happened a couple of weeks ago. DH was home from work sick and we were all in the family room and Cohen was sitting on DH's lap. My oldest son was dancing around being silly and Cohen just started laughing. I quickly got the video camera out and filmed it and it is just so gorgeous! Mind you my oldest son now tries to constantly make Cohen laugh but it doesn't usually happen!

Christy, I love it when they fall asleep in your arms. It is once of those special moments that I think you will always remember. I love to feel their breath on my arm and their little movements and stretches. Aaaahh how gorgeous can they be!

Ambah, hope Aidyn settles for you soon. It can be so frustrating!

That's it from me at the moment. Sorry if I've missed you - will be better at posting as I go along!

Take care of all your precious babies!

Gosh, I don't visit BB for one day and look what happens!

Welcome to the newbies.

Poor ambah with the teething. We bought Brandon a teething ring thingy which he loves to hold sideways in his mouth and squeak his gums over *shudders* I hate the noise, but it keeps him happy.

We've (read DP) taken the pram on escalators, but we have a solid wheeled pram. I hate escalators anyway, so I'm happy enough to have an excuse not to use them.

I sympathise with all the bad sleep nights everyone's had. Can't offer any advice because brandon slept through from day one, but I feel sorry for you, and be assured I'm not gloating because I know I'll probably cop it with the next one LOL.

Hoorray for Matilda getting a routine! That's great Christy, especially after all the trouble you've had!

Brandon always used to fall asleep after feeds, and still falls asleep by the end of his last feed (usually because I waske him up to have it LOL) but I've never worried about it. It was always the easiest way to get him to sleep. And at night time, if he falls asleep during the bottle, all we have to do is lift up to our shoulder, he lets off one almighty burp, and we can put him in the cot, and he won't wake up till 8/9 ish.

Hope Aidyn is sleeping now.

Well, I'm off to plan the meal menu for next week, so I can write a shopping list and stick to it, as money is very tight atm with all the things we have to spend on the car.

layla Guest

Hi,
    Just wanted to pop in and say, LOVE your new avatar Ambah! \/

LOL Layla, I was just coming back to say that!

It mustn't have loaded when I posted before. I think I've started a trend, everyone's got wings now! Very nice.

yep love the wings!!

Pietta Guest

your wings look kinda raunchy though Susan all red and firey!!

Not having too bad a day today. Had my u/s and the sonographer wouldnt tell me anything so i dont know anything new. I am feeling exhausted and stuff but okay.

DH plays darts and they are having their wind up tonight. We are going and my Dad's wife is babysitting. I am so nervous about letting him stay with someone else it freaks me out. I dont know how i will go with leaving him. Any advice? 8-[

A weird thing has started happening- during the day Ryley will have his bottle and after a little bit he brings it back up but it looks curdled. I only mix the powder in moments before i give it to him. Is it possible for the water (which is sterilised before i put it in the bottle) to be off? I dont know. When we are at home though he never does this.

I picked up Ryley's pixi fotos. The free one we got was horrendous. I have gone up 2 dress sizes since falling preg and I looked at myself in the pic and nearly started crying. The ones of Ryley are beautiful and he looks gorgeous- but at $50-68 a pop I could only afford one. I will try to put it up quickly and then take it off. I wonder if putting it in the web is copyright??

Hope everyone is well!! im off for a nap.

oh Pee IKWIM about the pictures!! I hope that the u/s gives you some answers!!! Whenever I feed Matilda regular formula ( not the thickened one..) or breastmilk it always comes back up curdled looking... :smt102

We only use the karicare thickened formula for babies with reflux & its heaps thick & it doesn't come up barely at all....so who knows....

Thanks girls!! Thought my last one was very bland, and my friend Juliette just made herself one with wings... and suggested that is what I needed too!!

Having a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE day. Probably the worst one ever. Aidyn has been nearly impossible to get down to nap all day cause he is so cranky with his teething, and to top it all off we went for his 4 months injections today (finally) and the Dr just went ahead with it even though he had a low grade fever... we didnt have much choice as he has had a low fever every day for the past month... :-k
    I think he is traumatised now from the whole experience cause he wont let me put him down, anywhere (he is on my lap as I type this) and he shrieks and shrieks if I try to...

Will reply to everyones posts when/if he goes to sleep.

Oh ambah you poor thing!

Here's hoping he'll sleep and let you get some rest.
    Maybe Jackson will hold him for a while when he gets home to give you a break?

Thanks Pee, they're real dragon wings huh?

Marcia Guest

:hugs: to everyone having a bad day today. Can I join the club?

Not a lot of sleep last night as Hudson was just generally unsettled for some reason and even though I felt tired I couldn't seem to sleep once I got him to sleep. Then of course feeling buggered today. On top of that DH put our big dog on the chain under our verandah for what was meant to be 10 minutes this morning and didn't tell me about it. Went to parents group this afternoon and got home to discover he was still chained up and had been all day! As I discovered it the new neighbours were looking over their fence as the poor thing must have been crying all afternoon about being chained up. So now our new neighbours think we are bastards, which we are because I can't believe our poor pup was stuck like that all day because DH forgot about him and I didn't check on him before I left. I feel so aweful about it that I want to call the RSPCA on myself. Anyway, now I just keep saying sorry and hugging him every time I look at him because I feel terrible about it. And Hudson is cranky again now that DH has left for a night shift which always seems to happen. Sometimes I wonder if he really doesn't like me that much and just wants daddy. I don't know, just a bad day I guess. Well Hudson is crying again so I better go, but I'll try come back later if I get a chance. Sorry that was all about me.

oh I hear you girls!! There must be something going on???!!! Matilda had a bad day today, and usually I would say "another bad day..." and get on with it, but I have things I had to do today because of DH's birthday BBQ tomorrow and I have to work before the BBQ... with an hour to spare.. #-o

It took me 2 hours to settle Matilda for her second nap and then all arvo I tried to get her down because she was tired again, but nothing would do, at one point she was in her pram strapped in with her eyes closed screaming... and as long as I moved the pram around she wasn't too bad but the minute I picked her up or stopped she would scream louder & cry with real tears... so hard to see them like this!

I hope everyone has a better night and a great day tomorrow!!

:hugs: for Yvette and Marcia... I hope Cohen and Hudson give you both a better nights sleep tonight.
    Marcia - poor puppy! But I'm sure he forgives you!!!
    Just to let you know I have been through a couple of stages where I have been convinced that Aidyn prefers DP to me (only smiling & settling for him), but as time goes on I realised there are also times when he prefers me instead!
    Yvette - I hope the baptism goes well on Sunday, without too many dramas or cranky bubbas!!

We finally got Aidyn down to sleep after hours of screaming, He would only fall asleep in Jackson arms. Lying him down seemed to traumatise him too much, especially when we put him on the change table -I think he associated it with the whole needle experience. Its actually much harder when they're older cause they're so much more aware of what is happening

Ok... have to cut this short for now, DP needs me to distract him as he is quitting smoking tonight, yay!!

Will reply to the rest later!!

OK I'm back now, DP has gone to bed early, he has had a really hard day at work, poor thing.

:hugs: Christy - today I really, really kwym... just having them lying there screaming is agony I hope Matilda sleeps well for you through the night though as she's been doing really well with it hasnt she?
    Goodluck with your BBQ tomorrow, I hope you and DH have a lovely evening

Pee - I really hope the u/s come back good and everything is ok with you!
    I used to get nervous (and still do!) when other people watch Aidyn, so I usually just call home a couple of times to see how things are going. But now that I think about it I can count the number of times someone else has watched him, on one hand! Though there was the time when DP took me away overnight for my birthday and Aidyn stayed with one of my best friends (who has a young daughter) there was no reception where we were so we didnt have a choice but to wait until morning to call...
    RE the bottles, I really doubt that the water would/could be off, maybe it is just moreso the acids and stuff in his tummy coming back up with the formula that make it look curdled that way??? Are you concerned because he is bringing it back up though? do you think he is bringing up a whole bottles worth? I think as long as he doesnt seem to be in pain when bringing it up, that he should be ok... (but that is just my opinion, I am no expert!!!)
    IKWYM about the photo's too Pee... I recently got some prefessional ones done of Aidyn and I'm not even going to say how much they were 8-[ ...
    I am going to my sisters work next week to get them scanned, so hopefully I can get my page up and running for you to all see my little boy!!
    I'm sure the pics are copyrighted, and I know you're not supposed to scan them either, but quite frankly I do not care!!!!
    Did you put the pics up of Ryley yet? let us know when you do...

Tootie - How sweet to hear Jacob laughing!!! Its the most beautiful sound in the world!

Ok, enough of this epic, time for some shut eye...

I am so sorry to hear that a lot of you have had a bad day today. I feel guilty that we had a great day LOL.

We were changing Asha at the shops today and I copied a noise that she made and she started laughing!!! She has done it before but doesn't do it often (she shreiks a lot though when she is happy!) so of course we started laughing and then she laughed more! I bought her a hat from Pumpkin Patch today and it is still too big but it won't take long for her to fit in to it LOL!

I have to remember to ring Centrelink again on Monday as they have forgotten to put Asha on to child care benefit and this is the second time I have had to ring to sort it out!!! I also have to ring the doctors to book Asha in for her 4 month injections, which are due the day school goes back so I guess that I will do it a bit later! I still haven't organised care for Emma & Jack for the 18th yet as they have a student free day (I might have to take them to work with me) ... never rains but it pours.

I got a call today from the people who took Asha's hospital photos about her FREE 4 month sitting today as we have that next Tuesday ... had better think about what I want her to wear Then I have to book the whole family in to have our photos taken for our Christmas presents!!! I need to send one to both my Nanna's my Mum & Dad & we need presents for Ryan's Dad & his Mum & Step-Dad ... gotta love photos oh and of course we need one of the 5 of us.

Well had better go and do the bottles as we are out all day tomorrow and then away tomorrow night ... taking Ryan's Mum out to dinner for her birthday ... we couldn't work out what to buy her!!!

Cheers

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast