Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

Don't forget to vote Kelly!

Pietta Guest

Hey Susan I dont know if you thought i was being nice or nasty with the taunchy wings. I was being nice I didnt know they were dragon wings?

Ambah- click on my link in my signature- there are oodles of pics of me and DH and Ryley. I cant wait to see little Aidyn!! I am worried about him chucking it up only coz it looks horrid!! But it isnt a full bottles worth by no means. We had an average day today as well. A little grumpy but all in all it was okay.

We are back from the wind up and when we went to pick Ryley up he was fast asleep on the bed and seemed all good. My step Mum really loves him which is sweet so I feel comfortable having her with him.

Well I am off to sterilise tomo's bottles and then off to sleep as my fellas are both passed out in the lounge room!! hehehe

Take Care all and happy voting- also good luck with the party!!

I figured it was nice Pee, and that's the way I took it anyway
    Yeah, my full nick is SilverMoon Dragon. When Bradon was born I had a little dragon hatchling as my av, but figured I should change it when he got older. Maybe I should find baby sized dragon wings for him too? LOL

Hello there! I hope you had great days!! Dh's BBQ was really nice, relaxed setting just sitting & eating as we love to do!! He got heaps of EB vouchers for computer games and a Starsky & Hutch DVD.... so that was fun & he is looking forward to spending the voucher for himself!

Matilda did soooo well today... I am such a proud mummy But she didn't want too much to do with me when I first got home from work... she was being a full on daddy's girl, and I had missed her & wanted a cuddle... oh well

I don't vote yet as my citizenship hasn't gone through yet... so maybe next time!

Speaking of being a proud mummy, I've been meaning to post this for days, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

My clever little man can feed himself! When I give him his bottle, he holds it with both hands, and can hold the weight now. He even knows to put his thumbs underneath! And when he needs to let more air in, or take a breath, he pulls it out by himself too. Sometimes he needs a little help putting it back in though lol.. Of course I still have to hold him, and I'd never leave him alone with a bottle, but I still think it's great because now I can push my glasses up or tuck my hair behind my ears without having to hold the bottle with my chin.

He also lifts his bum up when I have to put a clean nappy under him. Now all we have to do is teach him to bath himself and burp himself, and we'd be set! ROFL

LOL Susan I can't wait for the bathing herself etc etc...lol!!
    =D> for Brandon!!! Thats so exciting!! Matilda has just started pulling her feet up to her chin when I put her on the change table, like hurry up!! I'm ready now...lmao!!

That is great Susan. Lachlan has been holding his own bottle as well. I love it when life gets that tad bit easier.

Love :hbeat:

Oooh, my poor little man. His bottom lip has cracked and it's bleeding at little. It's not going everywhere, you can just see a red line where the lip has split. I wonder if it is because he has been outside for the last two hours almost?

ouchies just put some cream on it and it will be get better. The air probably did dry his lips out somewhat.

I have like a hundred different creams (well, not quite) do you mean nappy rash cream, or what?

poor Brandon!!! I hope his lip heals quickly!!

We put Matilda's new car seat in the car, but DH put it front facing, and I'm a bit nervous now,... not sure whether or not we should turn it around to the baby stage.... just she's only 7kg and although she's tall enough, she's only 4mths... :-k But she's been in it forward facing for a few 2 minute drives so far, and both times she's loved it & not cried & fallen asleep... and I've watched her & she pulls her head up still and looks around without leaning back, so I think her neck is strong enough, I just don't want to hurt her... the CHN said that as long as when I pulled her arms up towards me and she held her neck straight it was okay, and she does that... oh well, I've always got something I'm nervous about lol... I guess I wouldn't be a Mum otherwise

LOL Christy.

Brandon can do that, but our seat goes up to 12kgs, so he'll be that way for a little longer. I don't really like the fact that our anchor point is in the center seat, I'd prefer it to be behind one of the seats, so I'll be leaving it rear facing for as long as I can I guess.

our anchor point is in the middle as well we have ones on the sides but who ever had the car previous installed speakers and the anchor points are gone. i acutally prefer him in the middle though easier to get too, and if need be i can quickly jump in the back

We've got her on the left side... because of the whole pram thing in the hatchback & we would be unable to get the pram without completely undoing the seat everytime... I suppose when shes a bit bigger & we go the stroller than it won't matter as much because I'll only use the big pram for the pram push which I use public transport to get too...

Hi Christy,
    We put dd into a front facing seat at about 4 months, as she was in one of those old fashioned capsules with the sheepskin and I thought she was getting too hot in it. I think it is neck strength that is important so she should be fine. We put her behind the passenger seat - I would be so paranoid about her flying through the window if she was in the centre. (Silly, but as you said, gotta worry about something!)

Yeah, that's my worry Anney.

Pietta Guest

Ours is in the centre too. Actually we have two points- maybe that's telling us something- hehehe- but we chose the middle instead of behind the passenger. Trust your instinct Christy I am sure you'll know whats best for Matilda.

Poor little Brandon having cracked lips. I get so upset when anything is wrong with Ryley!!

DH's parents arrived home today from Africa (I posted about Grr @ MIL on the punching bag before) and have invited us over so let's see how they react to seeing their new grandson as a 5 week old for the first time (he doesnt look newborn anymore considering he is 5 and a half kilos!!)

Ryley has outgrown the newborn huggies and it worked out so well coz we just ran out. So i went to buy a carton of infant and Huggies doesnt make that size in bulk. How cheeky is that!! Obviously coz it would be a very popular size!! Grrr.. oh well i am going to stick to mainly using Huggies at night and VIP's during the day.

Ryley slept from 11.30 - 5 both Friday and Saturday nights. I was stoked but the irritating thing is that Friday night for some reason I had insomnia coz I was over tired and Saturday night we went to a friends house and I got a little drunk on red wine while DH looked after Bubs and we didnt get home until 3 a.m. so I missed out on the extra sleep both times!! #-o

At least this is showing that he is getting better at night sleeps now. We have a great routine. He has a sleep from 8-11.30 then a bottle then sleeps until 5-5.30 and then feed then sleeps until 8-9 have a feed and then we play for 30 minutes and then he rests in his rocker for the rest of his morning until about midday- has a feed then sleeps!! It is great!! This has happened for about a week or so (roughly) so I am happy for me and bubs!!

Hows the house hunting going Ambah?

LMAO...I said that to DH yesterday, "slow down!! I don't want her flying out of the seat into the back of my seat or worse the windscreen!!! " At least we are all paranoid together

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast