Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

You know what that is something I have never been paranoid about. I was more worried about being t boned in an accident with the kids sitting on the side.

Love :hbeat:

hmmm... yes I can see that too... with the big dent in the side of our car right now, its only cms away from where the car seat is...

pssstt....anyone around?? wanna come into chat???

Thats so cool what Brandon is doing now Susan!!! I can't wait for that stuff to happen too!!
    I hope his lips heal up too, btw.
    Aidyn has been getting a bad sweat rash in his neck/chin crease, it almost looks like it is about to bleed. I have alternated using nappy rash cream and baby powder on it... not sure which is best.. anyone have any ideas??

I have actually read somewhere (I think it was in my careseat instruction manual) that the safest position for a babyseat is in the middle in the back... I think for the same reason that Kathryn said - what would happen if your car was T-boned or something? The second safest is behind the passenger seat, and that is where we have Aidyn's seat. It would just be too awkward for us to get him over to the middle.

Pee - goodluck with your IL's coming over... hopefully they fall in love with little Ryley straight away!
    Its annoying about the Huggies nappies isn't it? The largest pack I can get for Aidyn (he is now in Crawler size) is a 48pk... and they consider that to be a bulk pack!?!?!

As far as the house hunting goes, I have been on realestate.com ALL weekend.. we actually went to check out a place yesterday too, but it was way too small. Its actually really frustrating me, cause we can only go to view properties on the weekend cause Jackson is working, and I'm just terrified that anything good I find will be snapped up before we get a chance to go there!!
    Had a fight with DP about it this morning too... he decided he wanted to do nothing today, when I wanted to call and see if we could check some places out. It just really irked me that he doesnt understand how much I am DESPISING living with BIL... and an extra week of waiting is very, very frustrating to me,... especially as its only because he's not in the mood... GRRRR!!! (sorry for that, probably should have used the punching bag again, lol! & AF is due so I am veeery hormonal atm!!! :roll: )

Forgot to mention that Aidyn had another bad fever yesterday, as a result from his immunisations on Friday. It was up at around 38.4. Poor boy
    But he does seem to be much better today, still has a mild fever, but that is nothing new... I asked the Dr about it again, as he has had one nearly every day for 6 weeks now... The Dr suggested that he could just have a slightly warmer body temp/higher metbolism, or its just from teething... he doesnt seem too worried as Aidyn is sleeping and eating fine... but if it keeps worrying me then maybe we should get some blood tests done...

spiddles Guest

YAY we are finally in new housse...both house and old flat are in a mess but so much more space and Liam seems to be more happy here (probably because Mummy is and can let him cry now without having to deal with neighbours as the sound use to echo)

Was good on friday, got the majority of boxs moved as DH sister and my mum helped and the because of the bushfires it cut the road off so both of them couldnt get home so they just kept going.

Not looking foward to cleaning old flat....hopefully my mum will do the majority. Went over there today and Liam wasnt happy...think with the moving have stirred all the dust.

Ambah - try sudocream. Was in my bounty bag and I broke out in a HUGE rash over my face. Donno what caused it could be the makeup I have been using but I put some of that on my face and within 2 goes has started to go down alot.

Marcia Guest

Grrrrrrr. Just wrote a big post and lost it!!! Ok, I'll try again.

Big =D> to Brandon! What a clever boy he is. And I can imagine it is nice to have a free hand if you need it. I know my nose always seems to start running as soon as I give Hudson his bottle lol.

Pee - Good luck with the IL's. Also wanted to say that Hudson chucks a lot atm having reflux, and often when it is a while after his bottle it looks very cottage cheese like. I think maybe it just has time to separate a little in his tummy and so it comes back up looking curdled. That was what I assumed anyway :-k .

Ambah - Good luck with the house hunting. I remember when we were house hunting last year and it was aweful. We were also living with my sister and her husband at the time and it drove me crazy when I was up early searching the paper every saturday and DH would sleep in and mess around like it didn't matter. Poor Brandon with the high temps again! With the rash, Hudson gets rashy around his neck and I usually just put sorbelene cream on it. Could it be eczema or something like that, or is it more like a heat rash? If it was a heat rash i would think powder might help as it would keep the skin dry, but eczema needs to be kept moist I think? Anyway, just thinking out loud lol.

Well This weekend I have been thoroughly spoilt by my DH. He is such a romantic at heart. He surprised me last night for our anniversary by booking us into the same hotel we stayed at on our wedding night! We went out to dinner which I knew we were doing and then afterwards he said it was too early to go pick up hudson from MIL and we should go for a drink. So we walked through town and eventually came to the hotel and I said 'Hey that's where we stayed on our wedding night.' And I still had no clue until he said lets go in and check it out lol! I can't believe I didn't figure it out. He had even organised an overnight bag for us to be dropped off by his sister who also dropped us in town for dinner and made sure there was champagne and choc strawberries in the room like on our wedding night. I have to admit that I missed Hudson terribly for the night and had to ring and check on him once I realised we wouldn't see him til the morning but we had a great night and I really need to stop complaining about DH over the little things ](*,) lol. Feeling a bit seedy today as I had a bit to drink and my body still isn't used to it after so long with no alcohol, but hey, I don't think I am in any position to complain!! Unfortunately I won't see DH for a couple of days now as he is in the city for uni for the next two weeks, but I will be driving down to visit with Hudson on Wednesday as I think he will miss Hudson too much if he can't see him until the weekend lol.

That's so sweet of your DH Marcia.

Hooray for the new house Spiddles. Now if only Ambah can find somewhere for her MIL to buy, and we can find somewhere to rent, we'll all be settled.

I guess with the t-boning that makes sense with the car seats, but isn't that where the car body is reinforced the most anyway? Although Probably not in our little 1970 hunter LOL.

Hope it went well with the ILs Pee.

Melinda Guest

Shivers...I've missed heaps of posts in here!! Eeeks!

Marcia - would the rash you're talking about on Hudson's neck be from moisture perhaps?? If he throws up a lot and gets on his clothes or on his neck it might be causing it? Not sure....

Susan - YAY for Brandon holding his bottle!! What a legend! Sorry to hear about his lip though....ouchies. Poor little man.

A few of you guys were talking about bad days....yes, well I had one too LOL. Can't even remember what day it was over the w/e to tell you the truth! It just feels like one big blur!! I was in tears and just feeling like I wasn't coping and Jacob was a bit grumbly and I couldn't work out what he was trying to tell me so that made me feel like I was a totally pathetic Mummy etc etc....it just snowballed!

I've booked Jacob in for his first lot of needles too - this Thursday at 10.00 am. I'm NOT looking forward to it at all. I made it at a time when I knew DH could go as I don't think the first time he has them, that I will cope very well....perhaps at subsequent immunisations I'll be ok LOL. The CHN said that some babies sleep more after their immunisations, whereas some are really unsettled and just to put a cool compress on their legs where the needles go in (god, makes me shiver just thinking about someone doing that to him!) and to give them some panadol. How have you guys gone with your little ones immunisations??? Have you needed to use panadol at all?

Marcia Guest

Hudson wasn't too bad with his immunisations Tootie, but he did have sore legs for the first 12 hrs or so, and I kept forgetting and touching them when I picked him up which made him cry ](*,) . Also he had a temp of 38.1 the following day, so we then gave him panadol which brought it down within 30 mins. Good luck with Jacobs appt. on thursday. Hope he does well, and that it doesn't upset you too much. IKWYM about not coping well with it, i felt exactly the same, but it didn't end up being too bad at all. :hugs: for your bad day. They are so overwhelming when they happen aren't they.

Melinda Guest

Thanks for that Marcia. I'll have to make a mental note not to touch the sore bits on his legs. I really hate the thought of someone giving him a needle....I can't believe that it's 2 separate needles these days plus the drops in the mouth! What an ordeal!!

You're right, when you have a bad day it's VERY BAD. LOL. It feels so overwhelming and like you just can't get anything right.

YvetteE Guest

Hi Everyone,

Well seems like I'm not the only one to have had a bad day! Mind you I should put mine down to being a bad week. Cohen has not settled well for around a week now and it is really taking its toll on me. Oh well. I will keep persisting. We go away on holidays on Saturday for a week so will have DH to help out during the day so I may be able to catch up on some lost sleep.

Cohen's baptism went well yesterday. Everyone had a lovely time I think and he got some beautiful presents. Pleased it is over though as I'm exhausted! He only cried for a minute then fell straight to sleep and slept through the rest!

The other thing he did today was roll from back to front! I put him on his play gym and he managed to roll onto his tummy. He then promptly threw up and face planted into the vomit. Nice. Cleaned him up and put him into bed. Here's hoping he sleeps for a couple of hours.

No personals as I have to try and clean the house (yeah right!).

Take care of all your beautiful bubs.

Marcia Guest

ROFL at Cohen going face first into his vomit Yvette #-o . That will be a milestone to remember lol. Glad to hear his baptism went well. In fact =D> to all you girls doing lots of entertaining! I still have trouble managing friends over for coffee!

Hi there!! Its great to read how others are going the same as I am... not to wish a bad day on anyone, or sleep deprivation, but somehow it makes me feel not so alone....

Well... we've had a big day already, we went to work!! The vet clinic is very understaffed atm, so Matilda & I went in to do the pays & banking for them to free up the head nurse who took my place. It went really well with Matilda sleeping and just generally being a normal child while we were there!! YAY!!! So I get paid for 3 hours work when I only worked 1 1/2 hours! And they need me twice a week, and I can bring Matilda in and take as much time as I like, half way through today I had to feed her, and I also had to change her nappy another time & hold her to sleep (ahhhh..... loved that!) She cracked up laughing at the guinea pig squealing when I helped the vet hold one... she thought it was hilarious, maybe it was me... there I was holding the guinea pig with both hands and rocking her in the pram with my foot ....

Anyway I am buggered as I had to walk both ways (25mins) and its pretty stinkin hot now... Matilda fell asleep in the pram so that is where she will stay until her next bottle & then hopefully will have a long nap this arvo so I can get some sleep... fingers crossed!!

Oh Marcia, wasn't that so lovely of your DH!!!!!
    I think the rash under Aidyns neck is just a sweat rash, so I should probably just use powder on it, however Aidyn is getting a little bit of eczema on the sides of his face and upper chest, so I will just use one of my creams for now, and wait and see how it goes before I get something from a Dr.

Tootie - I have had DP come with me to both of Aidyns immunisations so far. As it turns out the 2nd one was actually worse, as he is so much older now and more aware... we had a terrible time when we got home - he would scream if we tried to lie him down as he would associate it with getting the needle.
    However this did not happen at the 1 month immunisations... he handled those ones really well - only cried for a few seconds. Though he did throw up the Polio drops, and had to have another dose.
    After both of his injections, he had a fever of about 38.4 the next day, and I needed to give him panadol about 2 or 3 times during the day.
    I hope Jacob goes ok on Thursday and doesn't get too upset.

Yvette - Glad to hear that Cohen's baptism went well!!! I'll bet you're looking forward to going away on holidays! Where will you be headed? (if you don't mind me asking)
    LOL at Cohen dropping his face into his vomit!!! (Aidyn has done that many times as well!) and well done to him for rolling over! Yay!! =D>

Hey Christy that is great that you can bring Matilda into work with you!! So will you be doing an extra 6 hours a week on top of the Saturdays as well?
    How cute of her to laugh at the guinea pig!!! LOL
    Bummer about the walking, especially if you have to do it in the heat of summer, but it sure is great excercise!!!

Melinda Guest

Thanks for letting me know how you got on with Aidyn's immunisations Ambah. I really am dreading it.

Yvette - I had to laugh at Cohen's face plant in the vomit!! Jacob does that too....I put him down for some 'tummy time' and the next thing you know he sticks his head up looking like casper the ghost covered in vomit LOL. Woo hoo for Cohen rolling over though!! What a little champion!! I can't wait until Jacob starts doing those things!!

Christy - wow, that's pretty good that you can take Matilda to work with you! How cute that she was laughing at the guinea pig!!!

spiddles Guest

Looks like Liam has discovered the art of rolling onto his belly...While trying to unpack had him lying on lambs wool infront of TV...he was happy playing and quit next thing I hear screams and went over to find him on his belly...so put him back on his back 5 mins later screams again and on his belly...I didnt think he would be rolling over so soon is not even 5 weeks.

Wow Spiddles, what a clever little boy Liam is!

LOL @ vomit faced Cohen, I guess Brandon is fussier, because he'll dribble a bit of spew down his chin, or throw up over himself when lying in my arms (don't you love the power chuck straight after a bottle?) but he's never done that. He usually rolls away from it lol.

Tootie, Brandon was an angel with both sets of immunisations. Just fell asleep in DP's arms after both times. Within 10 mins. So maybe you'll be lucky.

Christy, that's great about the work. I wouldn't mind getting a job a few hours a week, especially if I could take Brandon with me (and I'd love to show him real animals too, great learning experience) but I don't think that anyone would hire me from scartch under those conditions. The extra money would be nice though.

Hmm, that's it for now, feeling a bit under the weather today, I put it down to not eating much yesterday (or today) as we have very little food in the house due to spending all our money on a car. Thank god tomorrow is pay day. DP is actually going to stay up untill 1am when his pay comes in so we can fill up the car (and buy more smokes) before direct debitors start taking money out. So it's a late one for me tonight.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast