Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

dd Guest

Thanks Susan,

Shynelle hasn't settled I've now got her in the sling with a wet fash cloth on her back cause it's so hot - she's still grizzling but hopefully she'll let me clean the floors before I cook dinner.

gotta go she's carrying on again - don't think she likes me sitting down.

You're cleaning floors?

Your DH is spoilt. I just don't have the energy to do anything that isn't directly Brandon related right now. Except cooking later. I love cooking. But we're only having pizza anyway, so all I have to do is whack the toppings on the prepared bases, and throw them in the oven.

Melinda Guest

Oh DD, you poor thing. I hope Shynelle settles for you really soon and I can understand why you are annoyed with DH for what he said. I hope tomorrow is a much brighter day for you!

I have a question....when do babies normally start rolling over etc? I have noticed Jacob looking like he's about to do it IYKWIM....we put him on his tummy for his tummy time at least once a day and he doesn't seem to be bothered by it which is good. He also gets burped up on our shoulder and likes to lay up there and look around and out the windows etc so he's getting lots of exercise LOL. He's also hitting things in his playgym which is pretty cool! The poor little man got really hot today.... it's been pretty warm here too and we were out and about and I had to strip him off in the car because he was getting way too hot when in the carseat etc. Poor little thing. He's been a bit grumbly today from the heat too.....blluurrghh

Christy - I hope you're feeling better matey. Yucko migraines!! I'm also going to be getting a playpen as we have to make sure the house is animal and baby friendly as well. I really think it will ensure that Jacob has his own space and the animals can't invade it and at least if I need to leave the room for a minute I won't be panicking!!

Pee - Jacob isn't in a cot yet. He is sleeping in a bassinette in our room at night, and during the day we bring him out into our lounge room so that he gets used to sleeping during the day around noise and light etc (another tactic to get him to distiguish b/w night and day LOL). He usually either falls asleep in our arms or in the bassinette and we are trying to settle him in the bassinette more often now. We will shortly be moving him into his own room to sleep at night so that he gets used to that and then we will move him into the cot....basically we'll just take one step at a time I think. So unfortunately after me saying all that I'm not sure what to suggest about getting Ryley settled. Sorry for prattling on! LOL

dd Guest

I know it's ridiculus! I just can't be bothered with the grief later... I also didn't mention that since having Shynelle my legs don't work properly - I had huge fliud probs during PG that haven't settled I get dizzy spells and have to see a neurolagist to make sure nothing's gone a miss from pushing the baby out - He knows all this but I thinkl he forgets.

Sheesh!

I have one faint spell and DP is pushing me off to the docotr! I hope the neurologist finds something simple and not too serious that can be easily fixed!

Maybe you could sit your DH down and nicely suggest that he has unrealistic expectations of someone whose body is still recovering, and has two full time jobs! (working from home is still a job, even if you don't have to leave the house, and SAHM is double a full time job!)

You poor thing dd, I think that was very unfair of DH to say to you!!! :mad: Whenever DP tries to insinuate something like that, I go off at him!!! It sounds like you are doing a hell of a lot of work as it is!! - much more than I could cope with doing!! You should leave DH at home with Shynelle by himself one day, and write a list of all the other jobs that you would normally get done, and see how well he goes!!

Christy - so glad to hear you are feeling better now, and I hope Matilda has calmed down a bit too now.

Kelly - the photos sound like they will be absolutely gorgeous!! I would love to see them!

Tootie - Aidyn didn't roll over until he was nearly 4 months old. I think it would have taken him even longer if he didn't have so much tummy time, lucky for us he loves it too, I think he likes the different perspective on things. The first time he rolled was from tummy to back, but now 90% of his rolls are from his back to tummy.

I feel so bad for all of you guys with the terrible heat!! I have to admit that it actually hasn't been that bad in Brisbane today at all! (not that I noticed anyway)

Ok, am off to do BB Tuesday Trivia, will write more later!!

Hi there!! I didn't make it to trivia & I'm really dissappointed!! oh well... there's always next week!

Well... this arvo DH got home & bathed Matilda, brought in the clean laundry & was then feeding Matilda (while I sat & chatted with a friend...) and then Matilda had a huge power vomit! The entire bottle came back up and all over DH & the lounge & went all over the entire front of her, bib & all down her legs etc. I wonder if she's not well...I noticed her doing heaps of reswallowing today like her reflux is not as settled as it was before, maybe that has to do with it...hmmmm....

anyway... right now DH is doing the dishes from dinner & giving me some time alone, all I have to say is I know I'm spoiled, but I wouldn't change it for the world...

edited: Tootie don't worry too much about the rolling over, when Matilda was 10 weeks she was doing it often and we were in an early childhood centre and there were babies there who were 6 mths and weren't doing it... so its varied by the baby, personally I would have like Matilda to wait a bit longer, and I strapped her down for a few weeks in her rocker or in the pram lol,.... didn't work....

spiddles Guest

Liam was a bit spewy today too Christy and hardly had much boob all day....I was thinking maybe it is the hot weather because he is usally really good and keeps it down.

*hugs* DD....I was at home all day and we have just moved and managed to do 2 loads of washing, the dishes and unpack a few boxes and thats it...house is still a mess but at least DH understands as knows what Liam can be like.

I fell asleep with him on the lounge agin today...3rd day in a row. Seems I can put him and myself to sleep.

Whew!! It has taken me 2 long sittings to catch up with all the excitement here, I have finally read every post, of course I can't remember what I have read, they are all swimmng in my head.

dd my heart goes out to you. Sometimes Dh's are aggrevating and insensitive and just don't get it at all. This is coming from someone who knoews. I made a statement before I had Jemma (my 3rd) that when I was home the house would be spotless, up until I had her I worked full time and it was tough. Well guess what it was even tougher with 3 and two of them at home all the time, meant toys were all over the place, tea was never started and stuff just wasn't done. I was told I should be able to keep the house like a display home. I almost strangled a certain person. Now we have 4 cherubs who trash the house (not so much the 4th one yet but the others know I'm busy so they make up for it), and occasionally Dh has said something, but we end up in an almighty blue with me saying fine I will leave it all to him and the kids as well and see how it all turns out. Unfortunately you and I need to get a thicker skin and turn off when they start talking crap. And maybe your Dh wouldn't mind pitching in with saome things if he thinks it's easy to work and look after kids. My motto is if I'm stuffed I will do it tomorrow, sometimes it takes more than one tomorrow but too bad. Dh is starting to understand there are more important things to life than living in a display home, like my mental health for a start. And you are not the only one who doesn't get stuff done, we all know that, except if you are a male who doesn't have to do it.

Phew I can take a breath now.

Jessica has been so grizzly today too, I was at my parents, mum has had an op and Dad was home and I had to post parcels etc. from our ebay shop, so Dad was the nanny today, he did a great job but I think he was glad for us to go home, as Jessica just wanted to be held and everytime he put her in the pram she cried. She had him wrapped around her little finger.

Spiddles Liam is definetly rolling early, most babies start at about 4 months 16 weeks. So anything before that is pretty early as far as I know. Jessica also wriggles all over the place when on the floor, but I'm like kathryn, Jessica has a hard time getting on the floor with Jemma who is 19 months up and wanting to smother her with love.

I am so proud of Jemma, she has done poos and wees in the toilet and potty over the last 2 days, and is only 19months, actually I am shocked, the others were 2 and half before they even started. Only prob is I am so busy wioth bubs it is hard to chase her around.

I am going to take Jessica for photos tomorrow at Broadmeadows as she is 5 wekks old (done that with the other 3). Josh is going to the Aquarium in Melb with kinder and is super excited. I hope he behaves.

Goodnight all, I know I missed heaps of people but you girls are mad posters and I am a little confused.

I will have to read more regularly so I can know what is going on.
    Cheers Michelle

spiddles Guest

I donno why he is rolling and moving all over the place so soon...he is so strong though. When he was born didnt even have a floppy neck and now holds his head up by himself and he sure has a poweful kick. The doc said to me how could you stand being pregnant with him cause he is so active and strong.

It's ok Michelle, we yak a lot. Just look at Tootie, she joined 20 days before you, and she's already past 2000 posts! LOL

Spiddles, he's holding his head up already too? Gosh he is a clever little one! He'll be chasing you around the house soon!

Anybody ready to join me yet in the next stage LMAO

Love :hbeat:

There will be a huge rush soon Kathryn...lol!

YAY! for Jemma using the potty!!!

Not long to go now Kathryn!!! I'll be there in under 3 weeks!

Woohoo for Jemma, what a clever little girl!!! =D>

Christy - your DH sounds like an angel!! O

*fingers crossed* that everyone has a much cooler day today, for bubs sake, and your own!!!

dd Guest

Hi all,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. When DH got home last night I was still angry with him and Shynelle was still unsettled. I told him how hard it is - he just shrugged and said us women these days have it easy - look at his mum she did it - I think I nearly had an aneurism! I said No.1 I'm not your mum and No.2 your mum NEVER worked - her only job was to look after kids and the house! I don't think we spoke until 11:30pm when Shynelle woke up screaming and he quitely asked me if everything was alright. Shynelle woke again at 3am (all unusal cause she's a good sleeper) we got up together and just forgot about being annoyed at one another. All I know is when I have left Shynelle with him for a few hours or even the day not one other thing happens - even if I've asked him to put his dirty dishes into the dishwasher it doesn't happen - but ofcourse that's different!! :evil:

Anyhow, Shynelle is much happier this morning although she still didn't want all of her bottle but she has been playing happily and giggling she's having a bit of a snooze at the moment so I think it was just the heat.

Shynelle has just started wriggling around and is doing it so badly its like she's doing and upside down crawl on her back. I have found her in the cot with her feet dangling out the sides in between the slates. It's worrying me and I don't know how to make it safer for her cause they say not to use bumpers or anything - I'm just wandering if I should wrap some fabric around the slates somehow in a way that won't just undo? I don't know any suggestions?

Sorry for the epic post guys and to be such a drama queen with the whole me...me...me... thing happening.

Christy - Shynelle has reflux and it does seem to settle for even a week now and comes back with a vengence the paed. told me this will happen as her digestive system matures so hopefully, that's all thats happened to Matilda and she isn't coming down with something [-o<

Michelle - I haven't had a chance to say thanks for your email I did get it - but as you can see alot happening my end! #-o

Yay to Jemma - what a milestone to acheive so early - clever girl =D> =D>

Better leave some space for everyone else to post - gotta start working - have a great day all. O

Big Hugs dd!!! Its so hard when DH's don't understand... one thing my mum said to me was in her day she had 7 sisters around her when she gave birth and was there for the first few months of 3 of her sister's babies, so in reality they always had someone around to help them, they had bigger families and it was just what was expected. Now, I don't have any relatives within driving distance, so you have to cope on your own most of the time. When I was in the early childcare centre they said that 90% of the women went there was because they didn't have any support at home, they hadn't ever been around newborn babies for extended periods and that they didn't have anyone at home helping them. I had heaps of support through friends, and I still struggled. I still struggle now & I'm not trying to work at home as well!! So come here to get support & vent anytime you like!! I only wish I could come over & help out a day a week or so... :hugs:

No more vomitting so far for Matilda so thats good...

I hope you are all going well today & not melting!! Its strange because Brissy isn't hot right now :-k and usually its the other way around (aside from NT etc...)

dd Guest

Thanks christy sometimes I think just being heard is all I need - cause I do have family close by but they have their own lives I wouldn't tell them what was happening anyway.

Oh well such is life!

I haven't been outside yet but it is much more bearable inside today so far......

Today isn't too bad heat wise. The hiuse is still warm from yesterday though.

Kathryn, only another two weeks. *sob* It goes soo quickly!

Brandon just took 50 mins to finish his bottle, but he wouldn't let me take it off him. And now he is dirtying his nappy, so we won't be going out just yet.

DD, as for what your DH said about his mum, well of course she did it. You made it through yesterday too. But that doesn't mean it was easy. My mum raised seven kids, and she's never told me that it was hard or that there were days when she wanted to give up, but I'm sure she had them. She never tells me that I've got it too easy, even though I'm 2 years older than she was with her first. I'm sure your MIL had hard days too, and if you ask her, she'll tell you what a terror DH was as a baby. But why would he be expected to know that?

Raising kids is a thankless job, even for those who have the best support, but it is worth it, as we all know, and I know it's sexist, but guys can't understand. I mean, some guys are great, and there are those SAHD, whom I take my hat off too. But we are the ones who bear them, and have the maternal instinct, it's a hormone thing. So guys automatically defer to us when it comes time to looking after the kids. My DP is wonderful, and I wouldn't change him for the world (not even for yours Christy lol) but he leaves most of the Brandon work to me. He even complains that he doesn't do enough for Brandon, that I have to do all the work, but the very next day, Brandon will be crying in the next room, and DP won't hear him until I (sitting at the other computer right next to him) get up and deal with Brandon. He can sleep through the loudest screams too. And he is the most loving father I know, but it's a physiological fact that women are the child bearers, and men are the protectors. It harks back to the cavemen, and as much as I loved being all macho when I was younger, hauling trusses and stage bits and speakers for the gigs we used to run, I find it infinitly more fulfilling being a mummy. And if that sets Womens lib back thirty years, I couldn't care less.

Gosh what an epic. I think I got a little off track there

Of course (here comes the PC disclaimer) everything I've just said is just my opinion, and I am quite open to the possibility of being completely wrong, and in fact I reserve the right to be way off base. LOL

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast