Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 1 to 6 Months, November '04

Dachlostar,
    I so understand what you are feeling. except, it's my mum. Luckily there is 7hr distance between us. When they visit they stay for a few days/week??? We put our foot down and they stay in a caravan park. Gives us time to ourselves. Remember, he is YOUR baby.

Poor spiddles and Liam. I don't like being out and about at silly season. Too many lines, no car parks and everyone is sooo rude and in a hurry.

Carmen, are you b/f. Often bf babies need more feeds due to the milk being more easily digested. All babies are different and have there own patterns, but it is nice when they sleep through.

Wow, so many posts. No more time for personals,dd needs feed.

Hi all,

Great to hear from you Daschlostar, sorry about the MIL, you and I have the same sort of problems when it comes to them, mine is interfering and thinks she knows everything too. All I can say is stand your ground, stick up for yourself and Yasim, and hopefully eventually your DH will se what she is really like. Arron see's the way she really is now, but he didn't for a long time, so persevere, it should get better, but it will never be smooth sailing always. Sounds like yasim is doing well which is great.

Carmen, Jessica actually feed every 3 hours during the day, she has her last bottle between 7 and 8pm and then goes to bed until 6 am. At the start the last bottle was 10pm, then she would wake at 2 and 6 am. Eventually she just dropped the 2am bottle, but I did start to hold her off by putting her dummy in for 30 mins and then eventually she went till 4 and then 6am. Have you thought about bathing Luke earlier? Maybe that would relax him enough that he would go to sleep a little earlier. Jessica also has a 3 hour sleep from about 12.30 pm till 3pm. I think babies do run their body clock but routine seems to be the key. Some babies seem to need less sleep than others. I also put Jessica into bed awake both at night and in the day, I hold her to feed her her last feed, then put her straight into bed and only go in to put her dummy in if she grizzles. Hope some of this info helps.

Grr about the Santa photo Spiddles. You still have a few weeks before school breaks up, maybe you should try again next week! I don't think we are going to get Jemma on Santas knee this year, it was a struggle last yr at 10 months, and she freaked out today cause Dorothy the dinosaur was at the new shopping centre nearby. And she likes Dorothy! Maybe Jessica and Josh can sit on the knees and Jemma can stand with Jordan. Waiting for photos is the pits isn't it?

My 2 little girls were both extra tired today and Josh played up at the supermarket, Kinder tired him out. He has to go to his school to listen to a story on Wednesday from 9-10.15, he is so excited.

Hi Rose and Michelle
    Goodnight all and have a great day tomorrow
    Michelle

Hi everyone!

Grace is one month old - my how time flies! She is growing and filling out nicely and has really cute little chubby cheeks. She is also having more awake time and I can put her down for longer periods now when she is awake and she will happily kick and look around.

I had a good weekend - it was my birthday and I spent saturday getting pampered at the beauty salon and then we went out for dinner and drinks with friends. It was so relaxing and it was just nice to have a drink and not worry about it!

Well, miracle of miracles both kids are asleep at the moment and as this is an extremely rare occurence during the day I had better go and do some housework!

Bon

carmen Guest

hello

i am b/f so maybe that is the difference - i am going to try and bring the routine forward by a couple of hours and see what happens.

just a short post but i wanted to let you know that dh has updated luke's website if you want to have a look.

take care

Pietta Guest

Spiddles and Carmen your boys are growing so cute!!

spiddles Guest

OoOoO Carmen Luke is gorgeous!! Love the photo with the sunnies!!

Rose and Michelle - yup waiting in line is the pits!! So hate the silly season!!! For one not a big fan of crowds and christmas carols. Good luck with Jemma if you try again this year Michelle with Santa!!

Am busy cleaning. Having a housewarming/christmas/****tail party here on the weekend. I plan on having a cople and my frozen milk supplies are getting low. Didnt want to buy a can of formula cause when Liam was born DH mum went and bought a can of s26 before my milk came in. He had 3 feeds of it and had to throw it out. Bought some Karicare satcals (1 feed in each). Thought I better try it to make sure he would take it last night and drank 180mls. Have to start getting him use to it anyways for when I go back to work because probably wont have time to express at work and wont have enough feeds for daycare.

I also bought a cheap hammok ($6.95) and hung it from the roof in his cieling and put all his stuffed toys in it to declutter his room. It looks really good. There is a pic of it on his website.

Hope everyone is well....Gotta run!!

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

santa photos what fun lol. we went yesterday and lani and jay both sat on his knee and got photos it was too cute - i think santa had just started his shift so there was no waiting in line - i have an opposite problem with kids being scared of santa my ds adores him and has to see him at every opportunity - last year i am sure santa was getting quite sick of seeing him every time we went to our local shops.

news on my dh - he went to drs and he has been diagnosed with deep depression - the doc has him on medication and is seeing him weekly, he is a little embarressed by it all, but as i said to him it is great he can now recognise a problem there is no need to be embarressed and just think once he is over this hurdle he can hopefully start to enjoy things a little more - i feel for him, he does not talk and keeps all his emotions bottled up, hopefully my dr - who is fantastic will be able to get us through.

anyways hope all is well with everyone - catch ya

Pietta Guest

Mooshie congrats to your DH. It is a very brave thing that he is doing. Sometimes admitting we arent super people is the hardest part.

HI all,

Mooshie I second the congrats to your DH, It's not an easy thing to admit things aren't ok, especially for men, the things that have happened to you guys are heart wrenching and men seem not to express emotions very well, which means they just keep carrying things around with them. Hope things turn around quickly for him now he has recognised his troubles.

Josh went to school for another orientation today and he was so hyper when he came home I had to send him to his room to cool off.

Jemma did a poo on the floor this arvo and I had to clean it up, yuck!

Arron came home at 5.30 am as they didn't go out fishing at 3am b/c his cousin had dramas at work, but he left at 11am to go fishing, won't be home till at least 10.30pm. It helped a little that he was home this morning as I didn't have to drag everyone out but I was still annoyed that he booted off at 11am. I should be cooking tea, but I am putting it off as I hate doing it. The kids will start freaking soon. I think we'll just have toasted sandwiches or spaghetti.

Better go, Jessica is laying on the floor half talkingand half crying, she needs a sleep.

Cheers Michelle

Hi girls,
    Mooshie, so glad you dh is seeking help. They are so much more responsive when they acknowledge there is a problem. The road will not be easy but the result will benifit all.

Michelle, how is Jemma goimg with the toilet training?

Well dd wnet 9 hrs last night. She started fussing at 6am and was just thinking I should get up then next minute I woke at 7am and she was still asleep. She must have put herself to sleep again. I have started to offer her some boiled water in a bottle in th arvo when it is hot. She is taking around 25ml and sleeping better between feeds in this heat.

Had a shower with ds(Just 2yr) this am. I got out and he usually play with a tub of water in the basin while I dry self.(shower turned off) I turned my back and next minute I hear screaming. He had pulled his washer of the tap which in turn turned the tap on!!!!!!!!!! I wisked him out not knowing which tap was on. Thankfully it was the cold. I can laugh now but it was bad and could have been worse. Things happen sooo quick.

Keep smiling.

Pietta Guest

Wow- it's amazing what you assume will happen and if something else happens it kind of shocks you huh!

I am not looking forward to crawling and walking. 8-[

spiddles Guest

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Just got a call from Liam's daycare. Has been booked in since May for next year and they dont think they can take him on a tuesday!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! They will get back to me tomorrow. Donno what I am gonna do if they cant do it.

Boy it is quiet in here,

Hope all are well and doing ok. Had another shower with ds. He was ok about it all. Thought I might have troubles but no. Amelia slept 9 1/2hr last night. This might become a habit. If dh did not have to go to work so early, the sleep in would be grand. Hopefully dd and ds will sleep in on Saturday and we will all get the benifit.

Ds and I have been a bit under the weather the past few day. Sore throat and a head cold. I thought he was getting conjunctivitis cause he had green sleep last night and this am. But no signs since.

Spiddles, hope they can get you a spot. If you have been booked in since May then they really have no excuse. My boss used to push our numbers(Amount of babies we would take) to the absolute max to accommodate for working mothers. We always would have the correct staffing. Since Peppercorn and ABC child care have come on the scene, I think things have become more money driven.

Pee, How is Ryley going? I'm sure you are loving every minute with him. Boy they grow so quick. Amelia will be 3 months on Saturday. She has started to hod a rattle now, looks at it and moves it deliberately.

Well, must be off now.

spiddles Guest

You were right Rose...They called again today and will get back to me next week but they think they can fit him in. I started calling around yesterday and there is another good one close to DH work. They said they couldnt fit him in on Tuesdays either (wonder what is on tuesdays???) but took my name and number. They ended up calling me back at 5 and said there is a place there if I want it for the 4 days I want. Said I will get back to them. The other place doesnt supply nappies or forumla though and am not sure on the pricing but hopefully next week it should all be arranged.

After admiring all your tickers I thought I would make one too!! They look so cute!!

Ugh on childcare!! I just went around to centres today and was put on waiting lists, the least of these being 16 months!!! So... there are no openings for at least a year in our area! We're in a bit of strife because we need at least one day a week in around 6 months so I can start working to pay off some of our bills which are getting a bit out of hand... we just need a bit more a week so one day of work a week more would be perfect... so frustrating... had to pay even to be put on one of the waiting lists!!

Matilda's going well... stopped sleeping so much which is sad... she will only sleep 30-40 minutes at a time during the day and at night she's awake every 4 hours again... but we aren't feeding her between 10pm - 6am just replacing her dummy & settling her, but its still waking up & getting out of bed that kills you....YKWIM...

She's also teething again and her bottom gums are white & she keeps punching herself in the mouth which is sad to see & crying... so hopefully when that tooth comes out then she will settle down a bit...fingers crossed!

I hope you are all going well!! & your bubs are all being very good for you!

HI all,

Grrr! about childcare, that's one thing I don't miss. It's annoying to be on a list so long Spiddles and then be told maybe not. And how hard for you guys Christy, it's amazing ther's nothing available. Do they have Family Day care in Qld? It is the one monitored by the council and your child is minded in someone's home? Everybody I know that uses family daycare loves it as they can really get to know the carer and it is far more flexible in hours, they also do nights etc. I think you apply through your local council, maybe you can check it out?

bad news about Matilda's sleeping Christy, maybe when the teeth settle down she will too.

Glad your DS wasn't too traumatised by the shower Rose. Jemma is going well with her toilet training. But she only remembers the potty when she has no pants on. I basically let her run around in the mornings pants less and she goes, when the nappy is on she does it in her nappy. I brought her some undies so that she can get used to taking them down and also so that she notices if she forgets the potty, so far we have had 2 pairs of wet pants, cause she has forgotton and she thought the pants would catch it. We have had 2 poohs which didn't quite make the potty in the last couple of days. I am not stressing though, she is only 21 months, so she's doing well and I won't push too much, we'll see what happens in Summer.

Jessica is so good, I think I have been so lucky 4 times in a row to get happy and settled babies. She loves the playgym, and lays under it hitting all the rattles. Jessica will be 3 months on the 2nd of Dec and I can't believe how fast time has flown.

Some bad news! My dishwasher hasn't been going for a week and a half and it is going to cost $350 to fix, we already fixed it a couple of yrs ago and that cost $250, so it is time for a new one! Such poor timing. Both of our parents are giving us money for xmas so we may put it towards the new one. In the meantime we are washing and drying dishes, which is really sad, as I am the one doing them most of the time. I hate it.

Anyway gotta go put Jessica to bed , she's scraeaming.

Cheers Michelle

spiddles Guest

Daycare is sure frustrating. We do have home daycare (well in Toowoomba anyways) run by Kath ****son childcare. My Mum use to use them when I was little and had no probs. Every one is police checked and qualified etc but when I called them it seems they are closing down at new year the home daycare service and only having their own centre open (this is the one I can get Liam into if needed). Good luck Christy I know how frustating it is and how much you need money right now!!

Bugger about the dishwasher Michelle. Am lucky when it comes to things like that as DH works in electrical sales so get things near cost. Which reminds me our printer still hasnt arrived in the country yet GRRRRRRRRR!!! and want it to make chrissy presents (photos of Liam framed)

Liam is awake watching TV with DH. He went to bed at his usual time 7 but only slept half an hour. Knew he would be up later cause we both had a nap this afternoon for 3 hours plus he had his morning one!! I so needed it.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! Have our party here tomorrow nite and a few have piked out. I hate it when people say we should get together and you arrange something and they are like we will be there and at the last minute have something else on. 4 now have something else on. I guess it is close to chrissy. Only have 6 definates. Less people that show means less to clean I guess.

I agree with the party thing Spiddles! It is annoying, I don't take anyones word for it unless they actually call me and say they are coming. At least they told you they're not coming, Our 30th we had 120 people but we weren't sure even the day before whether we would have only 80 or the full 120 and as it turned out almost all came and it was ucky we are over caterers as there was just enough food. Hopefully you have fun, that's the main thing, and the less cleaning up the better I say.

That's a bummer about the family day care in your area! As long as you get Liam in somewhere you feel comfortable that's all that matters.

I was not 100% happy with the first childcare centre Jordan went to and I tried it again when Josh was little too and still didn't like it much. The staff much prefer to chat under the verandah than supervise 3 yr olds on the equipment. jordan was climbing a metal a frame alone when she was 3 and fell, smashed her feed betweent he eyes and had the biggest lunp I have ever seen. No one was close enough to try and catch he as she fell either. They couldn't get her to ice it, they didn't take her to the Doctors, and they didn't ring the emergency contacts (Mum lived aroun the corner and would have picked her up). I took one look at her and raced her to the drs who said yes shes had a mild concussion- the drs was dircetly across the road from the centre by the way. The lump was so big the swelling had pushed her eyes further apart.

Anyway enough epic posting
    cheers Michelle

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast