Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 to 6 Months, September '04

spiddles Guest

*lol* Pee I know...If I had drunken the rum and then expressed it might have had the same effect *lol*

Our little boys are so much alike Pee only Liam sleeps from 7:30 to 3 without a feed but has one nearly every 2 hours during the day. At 3 change nappy feed him and goes straight back to sleep until 6-7 I cant get him to stay up later though...he gets grumpy and wants a bottle and falls asleep.

Friend invited us over last night for dinner so she could play with him....He sleep the whole time there. Arrived at 7:30 (his bedtime *lol*) but she did get to cuddle him only he was sleeping.

Hi girls

I am tired! And couldn't believe Arron today, I was at the creative mem party and he rang me at least 20 times, cause he wanted to go somewhere, and cause someone dropped in and just cause he wanted to annoy me I reckon. It was sort of embarrassing, I did talk to him 4 times! Grr! I could just throttle him sometimes. So when i got home from there we had a big yelling match and he booted off with his brother to do what he had to do! Then we had to go to IL's for tea, whcih turned out to be get your own as they have had a garage sale all weekend at their place and they are tired. MIL told me at least 50 times how tired she was. Jordan and Joshua are sleeping there tongiht so our 2 little girls both went to bed when we got home. The house will be very quiet in the morning.

Arron is hopeless at getting Jessica to sleep, but I had a thought that for every day he goes fishing I will go shopping 1 day (alone) and he can look after the kids. I am sure he won't want to go once a week if that happens.

Glad things are working so well Michelle, sometimes you really do need to trust your instincts and be in tune with your baby and I think things are much better. Sounds like you have an excellent MCHN. Lots of them are useless so it's a bit like finding the pot of gold. I was really sad when the one I had for Jemma left because the council here are so backward that she couldn't stand working for them any more. I got the one I have had for the others, and she is OK but the other one was so friendly and normal. Sometimes the new one just looks at me funny and nods when I say things. Not that I care, cause I trust myself not her.

Anyway see ya
    Michelle

spiddles Guest

Hope things work out Michelle. I like the idea everytime he goes fishing you get a day of shopping alone *lol* Hope it happens for you!!

My mum came up today and we went shopping and Liam slept the whole time from 10:30 to 1 and I found a jolly jumper for him so thats one chrissy present down.

Mum made him curtains for Christmas and bought them up today and put them up. FInally found some nice material that was decent priced. Have Pooh on them and flowers and is in dark and light blue. They look great!! Cost $90 to make all up and used some old curtains to line it but you cant see them though. Hopefully Liam might sleep longer than 5:30 - 6ish in the mornings now. When we moved in, one of the curtains in his room was missing so got very bright in there in the mornings. She is going to buy some more material and make a donnah cover also. Wish I could sew!!! I am hopeless at it. Failed it at school and got D's but got A's for cooking so use to even out my mark.

Will probably get shot..spent over $150 today. Bought the jolly jumper and some photo frames and groceries and got a few photos printed out since we hardly have any of Liam that are not on the computer. DH was looking at buying a colour printer through work this week and I will probably get into trouble for not waiting. Only cost $8 for the photos anyway plus my mum also wanted a few developed of him.

HI all,
    Your mum is very clever Spiddles, I did sewing too, I passed but can never be bothered making anything, I have mum's sewing machine, it's sitting in the cupboard. I was going to make doona covers for the 2 cot size doonas I have but haven't quite got around to it yet.

It's hard to buy for little babies for their first xmas, but the thing to remember is anything you may want them to have before they are 1 it's a good idea to buy. We needed a walking trolley for Jemma before she was one, and as she was 10 months at xmas we ended up just buying it. Jordan and Josh walked by 11 months and pushed the trolley by 10 months. Jemma then didn't walk until after her 1st bday but oh well. I am going to buy Jessica the peek-a-blocks hippo, it's a ride on and a walker (ie they can push it), it's about $60 I think.

I so need to start xmas shopping but I am going to wait until after our party on the 13th of Nov as we have to pay for that first.

Jesssica was so funny today, I was trying to feed her and she just kept looking into my eyes and laughing. I showed Dad my professional photos and then put them away and they are not expecting them anytime soon, I had photos taken of the kids when Jemma was 6 months and about 12 months and still nobody has any so they aren't holding their breathes, the problem is I haven't decided waht I want to fram and so no one can have any. I am planning to get them all out tomorrow and try and get them organised.

Goodnight
    Michelle

spiddles Guest

OoOoOo I love that hippo!! Its so cute. My neice got one for her 1st birthday. Its made by fisher price isnt it?? Just depends how we are going for money around christmas time is weither Liam gets more than a Jolly Jumper. I dont go back to work until Jan . And we are prolly going to be strapped for cash so he might have to wait for other things until I get back to work.

Anyone have a win on the melbourne cup??? DH is suppose to have every thursday off but someone needed to have it off this week so swapped for tuseday. So went and visitied my parents and went to their local RSL. My dad hadnt seen Liam in weeks and was such a happy garndad showing him off to everyone.

SIne Liam was born on the 9/9 at 12:12 and DH was born on 12/09 he put both horses on for $10 each way and 12 came 3rd and ended up winning $129!!! So that paid for our day out well and trully.

DH decided before we go to put a few dollars in a pokie. Liam was sleeping and kids are aloud in there in prams so I found a machine closest to the exit in case he woke up. Put in $10 and ended up wining Mini Jackpt and collected $90. So was a great day.

Ended up going shopping and spent majority on Liam. Advent bottles were on special 3 for $18 rather than 2 for $18 so couldnt pass that up even though he now has like 10 avent bottles. Also bought the avent holders for the bottles so when he is older can feed himself. He keeps trying to hold the bottle himself so I tried a bottle with one on last night. He loves holding onto it a reaching for it. Might keep putting them on there so he can get some practise for when he is old enough.

Pietta Guest

Hello everyone!!

Glad to see the site is up and running again!!

Ryley went to CHN today and he is 6.6 kgs and 61cm long so he is a big boy. I also went to a mothers group. I was suprised to see so many babies the same age that werent holding their necks up or being alert. they all pretty much looked baby dazed. Maybe I am just lucky with Ryley. The CHN said he is very advanced so =D> for Ryley. The last 2 nights he has slept from 11-6. It has been great. No night time bottle. Of course I still wake up when he grizzles but hey thats just a Mummy!!

Sorry no personals today I am knackered!!

Yes Spiddles, hippo is fisher price, and I must say even though they are a little expensive at times, I cannot fault Fisher price on their toys, not had one break yet in 10 yrs. Excellent quality that's for sure.

Terrific on the winning money, and sounds like the shopping was great too.

Pee, Ryley sounds like he is very healthy with that size. How old is he now? I must check my other kids books.

I am tired too, it was Arron's bday, he loved his telescope and is outside right now looking at craters on venus. Go figure how excited he is!

See ya
    Michelle

spiddles Guest

WOW Pee!! Ryley is definatly a big boy!!

*lol* at bday pressie Michelle...DH has wanted a telescope for ages as studdied astronomy but haventy got one. Have been meaning to get him one for a pressie. Guess it keeps him out of you hair.

Liam had his 2 month shots today. Am so proud how well he took it. Gave him some panadol before we left. Midwife told me not to as they dont practice it anymore and only give it after if has fever. My Mum didnt give my brother panadol with his first shots and played up like merry hell but did for me and my sis and we were fine. He ended up falling asleep in my arms while waiting. He cried more when I woke him up to take his clothes and nappy off to be weighed than he did the needle. He settled as soon as I picked him up and in minutes was back asleep and slept all the way home. He had a bit of a play and was smiling but is now back asleep in his cot.

He now weighs 5.65kg was 4.96kg 2 weeks ago. I have no idea what his height is. I reckon its over 60 cms. When he was born he was 55cm. Took him to my doc a week later and was 51cm at 6 weeks measured by midwife was 58cm and now today was 57.5 so who knows!!!

What a bugger! I wrote a big message, got disconnected and lost the post! Now I can't remember everything I said.

Well done to Liam on his first injections, I have to ring up and make an appointment to have Jessicas done next week. Was going to get Jessica weighed on Tuesday but it was closed for Melb cup holiday so haven't had her done since 4 wks, really slack as I always took the others every fortnight and she is due for her 8 week check, she is 9 weeks today, 2 months on Melb cup Day.

Hope everybody else is well. Haven't heard from Rose for awhile!

Cheers Michelle

Hi girls,
    Have been missing for a while due to our weekend away and having computer problems. Losing posts or just getting settled and Amelia is awake for feeds. Oh well. Hopefully I get something posted tonight.

Glad I was missed. Easier to catch up on this thread, when missing for a week. It's Jonathan's 2nd b'day today. He had a great day. We gave him a bick which he has hardly let go of.

Amelia is doing well. She was on her best behaviour last weekend. We were all in the same motel room and she slept 10pm till 7.30am with out a boo both nights. I was up to my ds a few times but all in all it went well. They all travelled well too. Amelia had her 2mth shot on Monday and the only sign was temp 38 deg. the next day. She was as happy as and slept realy well. She had her first EBM bottle yesturday and drank a full 200ml. I gasped as I thought she would only drink 150ml. I expressed 200 out too so maybe she is drinking that much from me????? She wouldn't drink from dh so in the end I had to feed it to her. We decided to do one a day to get her used to it so today dh drapes a shirt of mine around her while feeding her and she drank fine for him. 150ml this time. Little tike. Dh wants to grade her off needing the shirt. I think it's quite cute. Mchn check tomorrow for both kids.

Well done for Liam and his shots.

Mitch we got the geraffe for Amelia although ds plays with it ATM. The hippo looks great. Your friend has been through so much. I often think I really don't know I am alive. I have been blessed with two beautiful/healthy children.

Pee Ryley is bigger than our dd. He sounds very settled and content. How are you going with the feed play sleep routine? Is he staying awake now? I think the tummy time is a key to strong necks. Some mothers are too scared or think cause baby is fussing they don't like tummy time. The babies get used to it. And it is easier in the long run. Amelia rolled twice while we were away. From tummy to back. It depends where her hands are when placed on her tummy and how awake she is.

Anyone got any ideas for Christmas presents for our babies?????

Spiddles sounds like your mum is being a big help. I had to laugh at your dh drink. I did read a b/f book which encouraged dp to drink the milk to assist in removing lumps in the breast. Can you imagine it?

mooshie I am so glad you are enjoying Lani. Sounds like you are getting clucky. How long do you think you will wait before trying again? We may become pregnant buddies?

Sorry for the epic post. So much to catch up on. I am going to copy it so I don't lose it.

mooshie Guest

lol rose - yup i am pretty clucky. lani is such a good bubs and i am so relaxed, so much different from when i had the other two, probably something to do with losing our jessie. don't know when we will start trying again though, hubby is a little reluctant at times, but i can get around him - i just have to mention the word vasectomy (sp?) lol. my age is a bit of a downfall, i have just turned 36, so i would like another before 38, however i had 21mths between jess and jay and it was hard work, although back then hubby worked shift work so i was quite often flying solo with the two, having a 4 1/2 yr gap is like having a first all over again but with the experience, so i will just have to wait and see.

i am also expressing, just one bottle, first feed in the morning around 5 or 6 i feed lani on one side and express on the other, it just flows out 150mls in around 5mins now, talk about being a cow lol.

i give this bottle to lani just before i go to bed between 10 and 11pm and since last thursday she has been going through to around 5 or 6, 6.30 if i am really lucky, so it is good no more crappy tv in the middle of the night lol. problem with lani though is most times the max she will take is around 70mls so it is so sad to pour the rest down the sink, i sometimes wonder if i don't give her that feed if she will still go through or will she start waking at around 1 or 2am, who knows, i don't think i am game to try.

sounds like your holiday was good - the 1-6mth forum is not as busy now i think alot of girls have moved to the 6mth one.

gotta go a make appt for next week for lani to have her first lot of injections :-({|=

take care

spiddles Guest

Tolda ya it gets easier mooshie I am exactlly the same now too!!

What a day.went shopping with my mum and when we finished the pram wouldnt fold up GRRRRRR!! Was my nephews pram and is like 6 years old...maybe its had it. So had to walk home. Luckly only 20 min walk but soooo out of shape and was sooo hot.

Michelle - Target have 20% off fisher price. My mum bought liam the ocaen aquarium. A friend of ours has one and he loves it. Starps onto cot. Also cam with the pee-a-boo ocean blocks and was $40 for the lot. Usually $69.95 for just the aquarium which I wouldnt pay that for. Batteries will be run out by the end of the day can see it now!!!

mooshie Guest

hi spiddles

the ocean aquarium is georgeous - my mil gave it to us when lani was born, she sleeps in the cot during the day and i turn it on and she loves to "talk to it" to cute - only problem is sometimes she gets a bit cranky when it finishes, when i want her to sleep i put on the sounds of the shooshing water with no bubbles or lights and it seems to work well, also the fact that the washing machine is on the other side of the wall and it seems to be going all the time lol.

lani still sleeps in the bassinet at night in our room, dd was in there for 2 wks she was a bit noisy and all too new to us, and ds only 1 night as jessie was a little jealous, so this is the longest time we have had a baby in with us, i must admit when she is to big for the bassinet which will be very soon, i will be a bit sad for her to got into her room boo hoo.

off the the health centre on wednesday for lani's 8wk check, i only go at 2wks, 4wks, 8wks then 4mths, etc i am sure with my first i went every week or fortnight lol - i am looking forward to weight and height etc. i also booked lani in for her 2mth injection for next tuesday boo hoo and booked myself and my ds in for dentist next month - first time for jay at the dentist that should be fun - so i have made a lot of phonecalls today lol.

gotta go - ds wants to watch scooby doo so i have to fire up the dvd.

take care

spiddles Guest

*lol* Mooshie.....Liam has been doing the same getting cranky when it finished....it played non stop for half an hour till he fell asleep this afternoon. Only had to play it once and is asleept already tonight YAY!!

Liam is actually in the bassinet part of a portacot sleeping ATM. When I was pregnant DH started sanding back the family cot (was my dad's, bro's sis and mine etc) as mum stupidly put astpole on it when I was born and is soild silky oak and havent quite finsihed it (needs another sand and vanish) so have strapped it to back of chair and faced it towards cot. Cant play with it but can still see it at least.

Pietta Guest

Hello everyone!!
    I hope your all well!
    Ryley had his needles and had no side effects so woo hoo for him. I cried for 20 mins after and now i know why- I GOT AF!!! grrrrr... has anyone else got her back yet. I know coz im not bf thats why but still frustrating. I forgot what a pain in the *** it is!! hehehe

I decided to start using aromababy for ryley as i think he is getting dermatits from j+johnson.

Bummer about your pram Kylie!! I'm sure you felt great after the walk!! 8-[

Glad your holiday went well and that they little ones slept well!!
    I am getting clucky again too. People tell me to wait until he can move about himself before i say i want another one now, but he is so placid happy and beautiful why would i want another one!!

Not many personals sorry just wanted to say hi.

Hi Girls,
    We had our 10 week check today. Growth has slowed but is still within the norm. Weight 5090, length 59.5, hc 40.5cm Still bf well.

Got flu symptoms this am and temp 38.5 so not sure if I am getting the flu or Mastitis. I got it lots in the early weeks with ds but have not had it with dd yet. She is a better feeder but I am just a little wary. The breast is slightly tender but no red lump or marks. Maybe it is a deep lump????

Amelia has slept in her room from day one. Can not stand the girgles as it takes me forever to fall asleep and I am a light sleeper. She will grow out of her bassenet soon so have to get ds into a bed over Christmas so she can go into the cot. He was in the cot at three months. She has got a little more time being a girl and shorter than him(although she is still in the tall range)

Lol at the ocean aquarium thing. We nearly bought it for dd with money from my mum but we ended up getting the Geraffe.

Re number 3 we will prob start trying from Sep next year so I am not heavily preg over summer. Quite hot in Albury/Wodonga. I think the babies cope better being a few months older when the heat hits. Dd will be 3 mnth when it gets hot. ds was a new born, yuko he fed constantly and I was so tired. We have 22months between dd and ds and they are coping quite well. We will prob do the same as time is ticking on for me too with other med con. to consider. We are looking at buying a new car so have to think about the above when looking at size of car. Probably large sw.

Mooshie I can relate to the flowing milk in am. dd only drinks from one side at first feed. I also express the other, like you.

Have not heard from pee & Mitch. Hope Ryley and Jessica are doing well.

oops, missed your post Pee. I am not getting any notifications for new posts. Is anyone else in the same boat????

Pain about af Pee. I dont expect mine until Amelia is 6months. That is when I got it with ds. Although she does not get a dummy and she is down to 5 feeds a day so this may make a difference. I am enjoying time without the witch while it lasts. Yay for Ryley and his shots. Sometimes I think it is harder for us mums than for the baby.

Amelia had a full on rash all over while we were away but I think it was a heat rash. Her skin is now all scales and dry. Using lots of sorbalene cream atm. aromababy is ment to be good stuff. both my kids have sensitive skin.

HI all,

Good to hear from you Rose, your holiday sounded good and good to hear Amelia is going well.

I got Af 2 weeks ago Pee, but I am back on the pill and skipped on period and then made it come 2 weeks early as I didn't want it around the party time. I hate it too. No wonder I love being pregnant.

As for cluckiness! I don't think I will ever not be clucky, but I think it's time for us to stop. FOUR kids is way enough, and I get to stay home till they are all in school. After that I will need to work full time as we will have 2 in high school and 2 in Primary school.

Jessica is getting, Link-a-doos from Kmart. They have a whole range of different rattles, teethers, a tummy mirror. They connect to the links and can be joined together, hung on the car seat, pram or anywhere else. I also got her the Peek-a-blocks hippo. We already have the Giraffe and elephant in peek-a-blocks, they are Jemma's. A stacking ring thing which plays music, a rocker seat which holds up to 18kgs, her and Jemma are sharing it. I got the Oceanarium thingy for the cot and the blocks with it too! I think that's all.

I brought Jemma the Poponz table and bits and pieces to go with it, and I will get her the Loving Family dolls house for her bday in Feb.

I have practically finished now, just need the trampoline and some clothes for each child. By the time that's done I guess we will have averaged $500 per child, (Not that they actually got that spent on them, some got much less, but it evens out). Of course we havent paid for it all yet, it's on layby but I feel much better about having finished.

We brought Jemma a gorgeous bed with a package deal incl mattress doona, pillow, quilt set and Bed. It is so cute, now all we have to do is keep her in it and out of our bed. the others were in the cot till they were about 2 1/2 but they didn't start climbing out till then, I don't want her hurting herself, so we brought the safety rail as well to keep her from rolling out.

Anyway, Health centre tomorrow, needles on Weds, hairdressers Thurs and craziness on Friday as I go mad buying all the things we haven't got yet.

Good night Sorry if I missed anyone, Spiddles, Mooshie, hope you are both well.

Cheers Michelle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast