Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 to 6 Months, September '04

Default 1 to 6 Months, September '04

I am really having problems keeping up with the posts in the general chatter so I thought I would start this thread for some of us mums with babies around the same age to keep in touch. I just feel like I am lost in the main thread. I hope it is alright for me to do this. I'm sure Kathryn/Christy will let me know if I'm not.

Anyway. Amelia is 2 months old today and is growing very fast. She is now 58.5cm long, 4.8kg and head is 40cm. She is smiling lots, and laughed for the first time today. She holds her head high when on her tummy so won't be long til she rolls. We are going away for the first time this weekend so this will be fun. In a motel room with the four of us. Not sure how we will all sleep.

How are you all going? Getting much sleep at night?
    Hopefully some of you mum's will join me here.

spiddles Guest

Heheh I will come join ya rose!! Liam is as of last week 58cm long 38.5sm head and 4960g. Will be 7 weeks tomorrow.

Liam has been really good and slept from 7:30 to 3 last night. Fingers crossed he can do it again tonight. Went fown at 8:30 but was a really good boy today when went grocery shopping. Very alert and looking at everything taking it in. Loved it when DH twirled the trolly around.

Am going into his daycare tomorrow to fill out the paperwork and get everything organised for when I go back to work in Jan. I donno if I want to go back but cant afford not to.

what do you do for work spiddles? How many day per week will you go back for?

I don't know how I would cope going back to work.

Boy Liam is a nice size, although I looked at my ds records and he was bigger than Amelia. I think boys are bigger, thats why they have the two charts in there books.

Thanks for joining spiddles.

Hi Rose,
    I'll join in too!

Jessica is 8 weeks tomorrow, and I have to take her to be weighed next Tuesday, I know she was 4 kgs (8lb 15) 2 weeks ago, but she is still in 0000's so still little, which I love! I want to keep her littl for as long as possible as there are definetly no more children arriving in this house.

Spiddles Liam is a big boy, what was he born! I think that makes a differnece as Jemma was born 8lb 4 1/2 oz so it took Jessica nearly 6 wks to get to that. Also I think you are right Rose boys are usually bigger.

cheers Michelle

Hi Rose

It is fine for you to create the thread. I can totally understand re you getting lost in the main one. I do myself !!! A few of the girls will be leaving the thread very soon so it should quieten down a tad LMAO.

Love :hbeat:

Thanks Kathryn,
    I didn't want to do something that wasn't right.

Hi Michelle,
    Great to see you. Isn't lovely when babies stay little for awhile. Amelia is still wearing some 0000. My ds was wearing 000 and some 00 by now so it is nice for a change that she is getting some wear out of her smaller clothes.

Amelia woke up almost an hour early for her first feed this am. She was sleeping until 6am. I think she got cold today and that is why she woke early. I am hoping so and it's not a habit. Better get packing for tpmorrow while the kids are happy and settled. Lots of washing here as I didn't get it done yesterday re rain. finally.

Catch you both soon, and maybe some others.
    Hope the babies are behaving.

Hi Rose,

It must be something in the air. Jessica woke at 4am instead of 6am like the 2 mornings before. I was really sad about that! I so wanted to sleep, but oh well that's what happens. I really need to do some stuff around the house but I am so not motivated. I posted a message in the other thread and was saying about my friends little girl who they have just found out has cancer. She is the same age as Jemma, 2 weeks difference. They have just found it, it is stage 4 and in the liver, bone marrow, skull and adrenal system. It is just devastating for them and I can't imagine how they are coping, she is their first child too, and the BIL was killed in a car accident 3 yrs ago. He was one of thsoe people that had a million friends as he was a lovely guy and only 25. It is so unfair for them to have this too, not that anyone needs it but they have had there share iykwim! I look at Jemma and can't believe poor Ruby has to go through that. They are going to do chemo but the signs aren't good, and they think even if they get rid of it it will be temporary and it will come back.

Sorry for unloading that on you guys, I know it is a terrible thing to contemplate especially when you have kids of your own, I guess you need to make the best of every day cause who knows whats around the corner.

Anyway, must fly, how I wish I had time to scrapbook, I think I need some therapy right now, time out!

Talk again soon
    Michelle

definitely something in the air. Lachlan has woken up at 4am for the last 2 mornings as well although yesterday morning was Kam's fault. Yesterday morning i gave him a bottle but I didn't this morning just took him out of the cot and patted him back to sleep on my chest which took an hour. He then slept till 7.30am

Love :hbeat:

spiddles Guest

I work for an insurance company rose taking claims over the phone *lol* Am glad Liam was born in summer. Miss most of the fire and storm season.

I will be going back to work full time because we just cant afford not to ( as I make more than DH with wages and bonuses. Have booked him in daycare for 4 days at the mo (DH has thursdays off but my mum said she might be able to do 1 day a week as well which would be great)

Liam was 3460g born and dropped to 3200g before my milk came in. He is a little porker. My mum hadnt seen him in a week and was amazed how much he filled out. Doesn't look like a newborn at all anymore. His new game is kicking his sheets off. He did it 3 times last night and giggled when doing it so would wait until he goes back to sleep and fix it up and you would come back in and would be off again.

Must have definatly been something in the air yesterday. Liam had 8 x 120m bottles. During the day was feeding every 2 hours. Has settles back down to 3-4 hours today. I think someone said you cant really overfeed them on breastmilk....maybe I am thats why he is getting so big but he wants it and is content.

So sad to hear about your friends Michelle. Ruby will be in my prayers and hopefully everything will work out fine.

Pietta Guest

LOL @ something in the air!
    Ryley has been waking at 3.30-4 every morning instead of 6!!
    I will join here coz Ryley was 7 weeks last Wednesday!

Will chat more soon... bubba needs food!

mooshie Guest

hi there
    yes i think i will join in here a bit easier to keep uip and sort of getting to know each other.

lani was 6wks on wednesday, my girlfriend had a little girl yesterday same hospital, same doc, same weight, length and head circ - weird hey. went and visited today and stupid me got all emotional saying how i miss lani as a newborn sheesh you think i would get over it. anyway the size difference was amazing we put the two girls together on the bed and lani was almost twice the size. she does not get weighed until 8wks but she seems to be putting on the weight.

liam sounds like a lovely big boy - i checked out my healthcare books the other day and i noticed that jay my ds put on nearly double weight of lani at 4 wks i was amazed as he was a shocking feeder.

michelle my heart goes out to you and your friends daughter ruby - i can speak from experience as my dear jessica was 3 when she was diagnosed with brain cancer stage 5 - they gave us 6-8 wks from diagnosis and she died 4 mths later at home - it was and still is the most toughest time in our lives, we were thankful we had our son (he was nearly 2 when she died) i really don't know what i would have done without him, and now with lani well she is the light of my life and has made the big hole in our hearts fill a little. i hope your friends have access to counsellors etc.

anyway i am going to check out a few posts b4 going to bed - lani goes down around 8pm and wakes still around 2 - 3am then is unsettled around 4-5am so i just cuddle her in bed till i get up with her at around 7am - hopefully in a few weeks when she is in her cot she will sleep better, and i won't get up to her every little noise.

hope bubs are doing nicely

michelle

lani michelle born 15/9/04
    (must change my signature and get a little thingy - forgotten what they are thats right a ticker)

Hi Michelle and welcome,
    Now this will get confusing with both of us in here. You know I haven't known many other Michelle's but I think there are quite a few on here.

It will be nice for you when Lani sleeps a little longer but the cuddles are nice too. Jessica wakes sometimes 4 or 5 and sometimes 6 or 7am. When I feed her I put her in my arm and snuggle down and fed her, we both fall asleep like that and when i wake and her bottle is done, I wrap her and put her back in the bassinette and then I go back to sleep.

Thanks also for your support in regard to Ruby, my heart aches evertime I think about it. It is good to here that Lani is helping you and your family a little, with a gorgeous angel sister watching over you all, I am sure you will have wonderful times to come. How is Jay liking being a big brother?

Welcome too Pee, I had a look at Ryleys website today and he is such a happy little one!

I am so angry at Arron at the moment as all he ever does is plan the next fishing outing, I have been very nasty since he got home, but I'm not really feeling bad about it at the moment as he is so selfish, I want to teach him a lesson. It probably won't work but it's worth a try.

I am out tomorrow, YeeHah! I am going clothes shopping with a girlfriend and I am really lookng forward to it. Sunday I am going to one of those Creative memories parties, not that I will buy anythng, as Mum and I run our own home based scrapbooking business and I can get my supplies at cost. I actually did the first page in months tonight and I was really happy about it, it looked great. I need an outlet and I love scrapbooking, I have a million photos to do though so it is a daunting task. I have done about 26 pages in Jordan's album (my oldest) and I am only up to her first xmas and she was 3 months old. I have also done a front welcome page for Joshua and Jemma, but not Jessica yet. I did an 18th bday album for my cousin last yr (20 pages) as her bday present, and a wedding album for Arron's Mum and Dad for Xmas which was also 20 pages, and then I was all scrapbooked out. I only had 10 days to do the wedding album, one day I worked 12 hours. As soon as we have the kids in their new rooms I will have an office and then I will set up my stuff so that I can just go and do stuff when I get a spare minute.

Sorry about the epic post, Arron and the kids are all asleep and I am a bit bored.

Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

well hello all

had a great night last night - fed lani at 7pm and cuddled her until she was really drowsy eyes shut and really floppy just about in a deep sleep then put her in bassinet and she did not say boo until about 1am, i was to tired to get up so i just reached over and stuck the dummy in and stroked her forehead then she went back until 5am hooray - i then fed her and wrapped her up but she was wide awake so i put her in our bed and she slept till 8am - i did too. she is having her day sleeps in her cot but in the morning she tends to wake after 40mins and is very hard to get her back down so we usually go out and she just tends to scream whilst in the car - it can get a bit frustrating but after a while she settles down until i get a red light.

michelle i started scrapbooking earlier in the year and i am sooooo addicted - i do the creative memories and i like to focus more on the photos rather than the crafty side - i have nearly done jay's album, i have some lovely ideas for jessica's and with lani's well i am taking heaps more photos and am sorting them as i go - i have not sat down to do it yet, maybe next year when jay is in kinder and lani is in regular daytime naps - my problem is getting it all out then starting and having to pack it up - would be nice to have it set up permantly but don't really have the room unless i hijack the kids playroom lol.

my aunty just sent some photos of my birthday on tuesday - yuck 36 i better get a move on if i want another lol - maybe before i am 38 well will see - jess and jay were 21mths apart and it was hard having 2 in nappies and sleeps everywhere but i coped and hubby used to work shift work then - looking back i really don';t know how to do it. this time with jay being 4 it is a breeze - no jealousy and lots of help and he is old enough not to worry about it when she cries etc although he says he needs ear muffs on when in the car and watching abc kids lol but he really adores her and loves to cuddle her and he is always saying how cute she is - she loves watching him too and is now giving heaps and heaps of smiles.

anyway i am going to post some photos on lani's page now i have some of jay - if anyone is interested the address is www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lani/

by the way i have looked at jessica's page, ryley's page and liam' page so far and they are all just way to cute and making me more and more clucky lol - how crazy am i.

see ya
    michelle

spiddles Guest

How freaky michelle....Liam was exactly the same last night. Fell asleep in my arms when Home and Away was on and woke just after 1 (only I gave him a feed) and woke again at 5 (another feed) and slept till 8 just as DH was about to leave for work he put him into bed with me.

Awww what a cutie she is Michelle. Looks like she had alot of hair when she was born.

spiddles Guest

Thought I would share this with you girls. Might get a good laugh out of it. I know Astrolady did.

DH asked me to get a can of rum out of the fridge for him last night. So I did. Without thinking grabbed a bottle of expressed milk and handed to him. He was like ummm...honey. Didnt realise until he said it.

Either I still have baby brain or the blonde in me *lol*

LOL Spiddles at the drink for hubby! Put it down to lack of sleep LOL

Great the Liam and Lani are sleeping well. Jessica is pretty good, Usually 5am wake up or 6 but she goes down at 8.30pm so I consider that pretty good. We have put our clocks forward today for daylight savings to start, I love daylight savings, you get so much more done and it's not light in the mornings.

Had my shopping spree yesterday, spent about $250 of my bday money and got
    2 pr bathers for $30, a dress, a pair of pants 3 bras a pr of undies and 3 tops. Also brought Arrons bday pres for Weds, a telescope and a book of starcharts etc. I know he will love it, not that he realy deserves it but I do love him and want him to have a good pres. Will be leaving for creative mem party in about an hr and now I've decided to choose different photos than the ones I picked. Better go look for some others.

best wishes Michelle

mooshie Guest

lol at spiddles - things we sometimes do. i also make sure that lani is bathed and ready for a feed and cuddle whilst home and away is on, i am a bit addicted.

michelle - sounds like you had a great day relaxing and shopping just what the doctor ordered.

lani is so so settled and so relaxed it is like she has adjusted to the world and our family, i think also i am so relaxed now and have retuned all the advise books especially after my health nurse made a comment saying no one has written a book on your baby just relax and enjoy it, ever since i took these words of advise everything is much more settled. she also gave me a general sleep and play requirements for babies chart which i have found to be so useful - i am such a big thing for routine i believe it really works. anyway i will put up a new post for the chart if anyone is interested.

hope all is going well - we are off to the circus soon - son is so excited.

bye
    michelle

Pietta Guest

LOL spiddles! I cant see that would have the same effect as rum sweetie!!

We're doing well here. Ryley is sleeping like a trooper!! He is having little 1-2 hour naps during the day and feeding every 2 hours but then sleeping from 9 until 5 in the morning with a feed at midnight in which he is stil lasleep!! hehehe I can change his bum and feed him and he doesnt wake!! Lucky me huh! Also he burps in his sleep too!

I am a bit too spoilt with him coz he is alert and smiling when awake and then sleeps anywhere! We went to my bro's house last night and played monopoly all night and drank (good combo!!) and he just slept in his pram!

Great to hear you got some wonderful stuff for yourself Michelle! I am sure you deserve it. I hope Dh likes his gifts.
    Glad to hear Lani is doing well too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast