Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Arvo!

Forgot to tell you about a dream I had a couple of mornings ago.
    I drempt I was preggers again and I was really upset. I said to my Dr that I wanted to know the sex asap so I wanted a amnio, cause if it wasn't a boy I didn't want to go thro with tthe pregnancy, I was crying all the while. Then we found out it was a boy so I went thro with thte pregnancy. They I was in labour and I was by myself (although I think Alecia was there). I was pushing and a bit of poo came out so I wiped it away and I looked at it and it had worms in it (eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!). That it I think. Dunno what to think about it.
    The brother of a friend of mine had a baby girl about 12months ago. They didn't want anymore. The baby was their third girl. Anyway a couple of weeks ago his wife found out she was preggers again dispite being on the pill... anyway I was taliing to my friend on the weekend and they had found out she is having twins... #-o !! LOL I said they'll probably both be girls!! Wouldn't you be spewin! I can't wait to hear about what sex they are.
    Alecia had the day off today, her whole scooll took the day off, they had a funeral at the school for a young boy who was shot accidently. Poor kid.

Violet slept really well yesterday, didn't sleep all that well last night tho #-o we were up a few time because of wind... damn it!

Tanya

*edited to add* please excuse the mistakes... brain and hands not working in unison

Woohoo at finally finding a Tarago Trish. I bet you'll be fine driving a manual after you have a few go's. So did you convert Nadine?

Oops, missed your post there Tanya, sorry!

I had an odd dream last night as well & you were in it!! It was something like the movie Day After Tomorrow, where it was freezing cold. I don't remember much more other than you & Violet were there with me & Alexzander. Weird!

Sorry Trish Missed your post earlier. It mist've been hard there for a while getting around without enough seats for your whole family... I don't know how my parents did it with 5 kids and only a sedan. I hope you get the hang of it soon

Sarah almost missed oyur post too... that is a bit wierd hey!? I think maybe Violet and Zander should meet when they are older... being BB twins and all...

Tanya

Tanya, luckily for us we have 2 cars already so when we all want to go out that is the way to go. Luckily for us though it hasn't really come to that yet.

Sarah, Not sure about Nadine and scrapping. Maybe I have to keep working on her. Either that or I will pull out Noah's album to show her

Take care
    Trish

We're coming down to Melbourne again this December, so we might have to come visit Tanya, so our little BB twins can meet

Scarlett Guest

Tanya - I also had a dream that I was pregnant again, but for some reason was visiting the ob in the middle of the forest - go figure. I agree that feeding every 1 1/2 hours is too much but she has done this each time she has had a growth spurt and they usually coincide with the 'scheduled' times for this to happen. It usually only lasts 2-3 days and she puts on a stack of weight that week so I don't mind too much.

Nell - I thought about cot bumpers but like you don't want the sids risk so am not sure what to do about it. She hasn't done it again though but can get her arms and legs through the bars.

Sarah - funny about the inlaws thing, but great if you need an excuse to leave.

Trish - I love scrapbooking and it seems that emily senses this as everytime I get into a page she wakes up demanding attention. So it takes me several days to get one done but oh well.

Had a good couple of days, she rolled from front to back for the first time today and was very proud of herself. Looking forward to the long weekend.

Sorry girls, no weird dreams here. And fooey at being pg again. Not for this little black duck. Although I did tell Mark that she is so good I could have 10 like her. Also now that we have a van their are some spare seats. Of course I was just kidding, you shouldv'e seen the look on his face. LOL

Scarlett, I rarely get to scrap at home. I find by the time I get all of my stuff out there goes 30 mins and you guarentee one of them will want something.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Morning all!

Trish - yay on the new car! I hope that the manual driving comes back to you. I never learnt (and probably never will - unless I get my XR8 then I will have to learn ). LOL @ having 10 of Tehya. I am sure that scared the living daylights outta Mark!

Nell - a big pat on the back for your DH and getting up with you the other night. Sounds like he is taking to fatherhood like a duck to water. IKWYM about having the bumpers sitting in the cupboard. Mum gave me the cradle set that she used when we were babies and I can't use it. I have a bumper on the cradle atm but it's a really long cradle and Gabby's head doesn't even reach where the bumper begins. Still, I should stop being slack and take it off.

Scarlett - yay for Charlotte rolling from front to back! How clever of her!

Tanya - that was a very odd dream indeed! Are you gonna go for a fourth one day and try and do a "Trish" but get a boy this time? How cool would that be. Like you two are opposites!

Sarah - YAY @ you guys coming to Melbourne again. You will have to come and see us in Geelong too! You are welcome to stay @ our place. We can show you around the surfcoast and stuff. You realise you will have to stay about a month?? LOL

The graduation yesterday wasn't too bad. Had a bit of a tiff with Neil before we left because I really wanted him to come but hadn't given him warning (I did the 'ole "He should know it's important to me" thing - I forget that men need to be told literally or else they miss the point completely). N E way, Hanna held Gabby for the first hour or so and she slept. Erin's group was first out so I got to see her receive her degree, took some photos then had to go out because Gabby started grizzling. I was made to feel soooo bad for having the pram. There was plenty of room so I don't know what they were worried about. Still, we got seats reserved for us so that was a bonus!! I sat out in the foyer and fed with another lady that had an 8 month old with her. We just chatted away and yet another Mum joined us. No baby facilities at all - quite appalling if you ask me. The ceremony was over by 7pm so we took some more photos (will post one on the site) then went home. I gave Gabby another feed, dressed her in warm clothes then we had dinner @ Erin's place. It's so handy going to places where my Mum and sisters are because they all want to cuddle Gabby and I get a break. Wonderful!
    Did the groceries this morning while Neil babysat. She is still asleep from about 9am so that's good. She slept 8 hours last night!! 8-[ Needless to say I feel pretty refreshed
    Neil is going to watch Melbourne Storm tonight. He has a caravan booked where they get all they can drink and eat with other perks so he will be pretty hammered when he gets home. He has strict instructions to not stay out all night..... will see how he goes.

Hi everyone, i hope you are all well,
    Ryan has been really grumpy the past couple of days and it seems like he's feeding every 5 mins, another growth spurt no doubt.
    He is full on smiling and laughing now which is so cute.
    We were going to buy him one of those swings, but thought it would be a waste of money, but after hearing you all talk so highly of them, i might have to get one.
    Well, it sounds like he's hungry again #-o so i'll do some personals later

Take care

Yay at Ryan full on smiling & laughing now - how cute! Wow at him having another growth spurt, you're going to have a big boy on your hands!

Look out Deb I might just take you up on your offer to stay!! Of course the offer is the same for you guys if you're ever up this way I think we'll stay for longer this time, last time was only the weekend & it just wasn't enough. I think we'll be staying with Cai & Marc again, but Geelong is a bit out of Melbourne isn't it? How cool will it be to go to the BB Christmas at the Park with our babies this year
    It is pretty bad that they didn't have any baby facilities where the graduation was, makes it hard doesn't it? Good luck with tonight. Maybe just give Neil a gentle reminder before he goes?? I'm sure he'll be a good boy though considering what happened last time....

LOL at Mark's face when you said you'd have 10 more Trish!

Yaaaay at Charlotte rolling from her front to her back. She's getting to be a big girl now!

Had a big day today so far. Zander & I went out by ourselves for the first time to buy daddy's birthday present. All went well except we went through 3 bibs & 1 shirt due to lots & lots of spews. I had to buy another bib cos I didn't take enough with me! Don't ya just love reflux ](*,) Anyway, we bought daddy a new wallet with 3 spaces for photos which is handy cos his old one only had 1.

Picked up our Pixie Photos as well and my goodness do I have a handsome little boy Yup very proud mummy over here!! I have to scan them so I can put them on Zander's site, will do that this afternoon.

Oh I forgot to mention.. We have our 6w appointment on Monday & I think I have to get Zander's hearing checked. He passed the tests at the hospital, but I want his left ear checked again. He doesn't turn to the left when you make noise & just doesn't seem to acknowledge anything on that side. I had noticed it & thought it was just me, but mum mentioned it today as well. I hope it just nothing [-o<

Scarlett Guest

Sarah, Mum used to sneak up behind my brother and make loud noises because she was worried about his hearing but it turned out nothing was wrong so try not to worry about Zander too much but will keep my fingers crossed for you that nothing is wrong.

Deb its frustrating being somewhere with no baby facilities. The cowboys stadium - where we are off to tonight - is like that. One change table in the whole grounds and no where to feed except in the stands. I am getting better at feeding in public but a stadium full of drunk men is not my cup of tea.

Good luck with the manual Trish and yay for the new car.

Emily (not Charlotte LOL) is very grumpy today so we might be in for a rough trot at the football tonight, hope not.

I wouldn't about his hearing either Sarah, our MHCN said that sometimes it may appear that they aren't hearing anything... but they usually stop what they are doing rather then turn their head towards the sound, that's what she told me. The photo's of Zander are just too cute, he is such a handsome little man! Are yoy getting any blown up? I noticed that you have a bath seat for him for the bath, do you find that easy to use?

Scarlett - my DH and I are big footy fans but I have wondered if our beloved MCG and Telstra Dome have baby's facilities, I have never seen them from memory. Then I am thinking about flopping the boob out, at least some kids will be educated. It's funny as our nieces/nephews/friends kids all are fasinated by me feeding Matthew. Hope it goes okay tonight.

Big family now Trish with the new car. I'm sure you'll be right, just like riding a bike as they say. How is Noah going with his gastro?

Deb - I'm with you - no baby facilities is shocking. At least you got to see Erin receive her degree and take some photos.

Well I am exhausted. I hadn't realised that new house equals loads of visitors. They just kept coming last night and today! Told DH not to answer the phone tonight and hopefully not have any drop ins - we need quality time and Matty needs a big sleep.

Hi,

Yay on the new car Trish!! I'm sure you'll be fine, maybe a couple of gear crunches, and maybe a couple of times you'll be at 100kmh and wondering why the car is screaming.....and then realise you're in 2nd!!
    Nah - She'll be right!

Sarah - I'm sure the hearing test will be fine. I have to get the pixie photo done - I can get a free one wiht a Target voucher, and even though they will try to force me to get more..... I'm not gunna budge!! I would rather save the money and get some arty ones done - a bit more liek Trish's ones. I hear you on the chucking too - how does one know they have a reflux baby?? Jenna is getting so good at chucking, although none after tonights feed. She is blissfully asleep on Shane's stomach. We will put her down on her new mat soon, and slowly wake her up for her last feed, and then hopefully bed! Mind you - 20 chuckies in between!!! I carry an old nappyw ith me everywhere. V embarrassing how bad she stinks of spew.

Scarlett - I'm sure you'll be right feeding at the footy. Dont worry about the blokes staring. My breasts feel anything but sexy now, I
    m sure you are much the same. A friend went to a footy match with her 6 week old about 20 years ago. They slid the capsule under the stand at the MCG and watched the magpies play. Apparently she didn't bat an eyelid the whole game, and when the mum pulled her out at the end of the game, everyone around nearly died of fright!! LOL - I wonder how many plastic cups of beer were thrown on her????

Naomi - I can't wait to see Jenna smile. She has inherited my dimples in her cheeks, so it is just so cute. I only have one, but we have seen two in her cheeks when she is doing a windy smile. SOOOOO cute!!! have fun with the growth spurt!

Deb - glad to hear the grad ceremony was OK. Which uni was it at? If you'd had the sling you could have used that instead, and no guilt on the pram!! It will probably come Monday am. Yay!! I know you'll love it, although sometimes Jenna grizzles a little when she first goes in. 10 minutes, a little walking and some back rubs - sound asleep, with grunts!!

Tanya - wierd dream. Very wierd dream!!! And what a sad thing about the boy getting shot. And as for falling pregnant while on the pill..... D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is like my worst nightmare at the mo!!!

Better go - dinner time for mum and dad.

Fi

Evenin' Girls

Deb, congrats to your sister for graduating. Mum looked after Violet during my ceremony, I had expressed some milk and she was so well behaved. I has Emily at my sisters, it would've been a nightmare with her there! But our ceremony wasn't that long, being a small uni and all. I can't believe your pram was less than welcome! But I can believe there were no baby facilities... none here either.

Sarah, yay on coming back down to Melb in December! I hope I can make it this time! If not we are only 30 mins from the Hume fw... maybe you could do a flyby if I don't make it you the Chrissy party??
    Great pics too... he is sooo cute!! Looks a lot like both of you and Aaron, but can see heaps of you in him. I love the smiley one on the front page

Naomi, I hope Ryan is settling better. It can be very frustrating when they have off days... I'm never sure exactly what I am doning when Violet has off days 8-[

Scarlett, I hope Em was ok for the footy tonight.

Not much to report here. Had a phone call from a friend in Werribee tonight, I hadn't heard from her in months! Makes me realise that I am running out of friends, they have either moved away, or I've moved away or just don't keep iin touch very often...

Tanya

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Locking this thread guys, here's to a new month
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910