Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Scarlett Guest

Morning all, Emily slept from 10pm till 6.15am last night - Whoo!!!!!!!! hope she does it again soon.

Good to hear Trish, hope you are all feeling better.

Michelle, I don't think it was me that wrote that post, but thanks for the support as it it always good to know that other people had difficulties too.

Michelle, it was me who missed the appointment. As with Scarlett I appreciate the support.

Oh Scarlett I was just reading about you saying that Emily was grizzly all the time. I have that problem with Charlotte. I have about half an hour in the morning when she is happy just to look around but otherwise she is sad and cries if she isn't feeding or sleeping. It is so good to know that they do get better with time. Thanks for that.

I must go I have a hungry baby.

Scarlett Guest

Morv, things do just keep improving - we managed almost an hour of happy play mostly on her own today. This would not have been possible a month ago.

Sorry Morv and Scarlett for the mix up I think I did that cos Morv has Charlotte so in transferring forums I got the 2 mixed up, I am not pg so no preggie brain excuse, although with 4 kids i think there is a degree of insanity LOL!

Anyway I would say the same to you both so there yo go.

Best wishes Michelle

Scarlett Guest

Have had two nights in a row of 8 hours sleep, 10pm - 6am whooo. Am trying not to get my hopes up too much though but fingers crossed it continues.

Hi

Can you please add my details! Thanks!

Forum Name: Dinky
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 17 March, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2720g - 45cm - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Hayley Nola
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Wind, reflux, nasal congestion
    possible heart problem
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 5.5wks early emergeny c/s after prom

Scarlett, 8 hours is fantastic! I hope that this is the trend from now on.

I went to the MCHN yesterday and my baby is still growing a lot. She has put on another 260gms in one week which is amazing. I mentioned that Charlotte cries a lot for no particular reason and the nurse suggested that I cut down on dairy products for a week and see if that helps. I love my dairy products and because I am a vegetarian they are the only protein I get. It is a little daunting but if it means that I will have a happier bub then I will give it a go.

I feel like a bad mother. I knew that Charlotte was tired but she woke 10 minutes after being put down for a nap. I knew that everything was fine so I tried letting her cry for a while to see if she would go back to sleep. I left her for 10 - 15 minutes crying and she did go back to sleep. It is awful just listening to her cry, but I would like her to learn how to resettle herself.

Welcome Trish, Morv and Dinky, good to see our little group here is growing.

I never seem to get time to be on BB anymore... of course bubs is keeping me busy but I've been organsing our shift. We shift into our new house next Friday and as it is a new new house, there is alot more to organise.

Matthew is going well, we have a few unsettled days but I am trying to pick the signs that he is tired earlier. Went for his 8 week check up and everything is fine. He is now 5.5kgs, so that's great. I said the the MHCN that I didn't know what his different cries meant, she commented that he probably doesn't know either. I thought that was a good point.

I am just so happy that he is happy, feeding well, sleeping well and is healthy. Like my MIL says, it's like winning Tattslotto.

Scarlett - how is Emily sleeping now? 8 hours is fantastic and you can't quite believe it when it happens can you?

How is everyone else going? You guys from the newborn thread may think that this is a quiet thread but we're still around!

Scarlett Guest

Have just put Emily off to bed so fingers crossed I see her around 6am again.

Hope the non-dairy diet works Morv, how does that effect your calcium though?? IKWYM about listening to them cry it is absolutley horrible. Emily hates being in the car and will scream the whole trip if she is not asleep when we put her in. I feel like the meanest person in the whole world.

Nell, I love the comment "he doesn't know either" that makes me feel so much better. Like you I am trying to spot the sleepy signs earlier and it seems to help her settle so much quicker. I do need to find a way to get her to go down that doesn't involve cuddling her as she is growing so fast she will get too heavy soon. But its hard to do as it works therefore I don't want to bother with something that involves crying. Hope the shift goes well. We are considering building again, think I might need my head read though.

Hey Scarlett - I think I remember you saying that you had an Xpose infrared monitor?

We need a new monitor, especially as in the new house, the bedrooms are nowhere near each other and he stirs so much, I spend alot of time getting up out of bed checking on him. Do you like it? Would you recommend it?

Scarlett Guest

I love it Nell, the picture is excellent and really reduces the number of times I have to get up to check her. I haven't tried running it on batteries though as we were given too and I use the tomy mini one for times when I am not in the bedroom.

Well Scarlett, we have bought one on ebay, so thanks for the recommendation!

How is everyone and their bubs? We will get flooded again soon.. all those newborns will be 4 weeks soon. Speaking of which, where is Trish, Dinky and morv??

Matthew is 2 months today! Can't quite believe it. The last little while has gone quick, considering the first few weeks seem to go slow.

He is now 5.5kgs and 59cms long. He is vomiting quite alot although the gp and MHCN both assure me that it isn't relux. Just his immature stomach valve thingy. I am just sick of changing him! he has had 7 changes already today (although one was due to number 2's....) and the night isn't over yet, but they don't seem to bother him.

He is smiling and cooing and quite gorgeous...great to hear other noises coming from him then just cries and grizzles.

Scarlett Guest

Nell, I am glad we live in such a warm climate as it is still ok to have Emily in just a nappy during the day - otherwise I would be doing heaps of washing. Fortunatley she doesn't get upset when she spews, she actually seems to think it is funny. I hope the monitor works out for you.

Hi everyone, i hope you are all well.
    Nell and Scarlett, im sorry to hear that your bubs have reflux but i know what your going through, Ryan has it too but not as bad as you are describing, there's no way i have to change his clothes that often Nell you poor thing.
    Ryan laughed for the first time on Saturday night it was so cute.
    It's amazing how fast they grow up, Ryan is huge now.
    I was supposed to get his immunizations and checkup done the other day, but as we pulled out of the driveway to go to our appointment the exhaust fell off the car, so i'm having to ring my MHCN to come to the house to do it because i really cant be stuffed trying to get 2 kids on a bus!
    Well i'll go for now, try and get some more sleep
    Take care

Nell I hear ya on the clothes changes. Zander has reflux so I am forever changing his (and my) clothes.

Anyway I better be off, another 3 days before I'm officially here!

Hi Girls,

I am still around, just lurking. This forum is way quieter than the newborn one, but soon to get way noiser though.

Nell, do you use really big bibs on Matthew? When Brandon was a baby he actually had reflux and the spews were phenominal, I found that if I keep a big bib on him at all times jic and I if I used a cloth nappy under his chin for feeds too and as a burp cloth we had more chance of staying dry. Also I always mad sure he was facing away from me when I burped him Hope that your move went ok.

Naomi, what a bugger about the car. Hopefully the MHCN will come to your house for you. I have to laugh sometimes when I se the time of some of the posts, there is noway I am posting at that time of the morning even if I am awake. I just stay in bed with Tehya to change and feed her, is that lazy????

Scarlett, isn't it funny how baby's can spew there heads off and it not even bother them, us on the other hand..... Hope that Emily's belly settles down soon for you too.

Tehya is doing really well, she sleeps pretty good during both day and night. Although last night when she woke at 3am she decide that it was a good time to play. NOT. She lays there gurgling and kicking the blankets off, No way I can sleep with her doing that so I let her go for a few minutes, try the dummy and it works for about 2 minutes then decide it's time to try more booby, then the dummy and pat her off to sleep again. She woke again around 6ish but is still asleep now so thats good. Maybe I should bein the shower instead of on BB.

We are onto day #4 of Noah having gastro, today I am washing his big thick blanket and quilt cover as opposed to the sheets I have been doing daily.
    Somehow I think swimming is out today. Still have to pay half of the money for it though.

Have a great day girls.

Take care
    Trish

firsttimedad Guest

Hi Ladies,

Sorry abour not being around much lately, had a few eventful weeks.

Nathaniel, has had bouts of Bronculitus on and off over past five weeks and had his worst one over past week, this time however they calling it RSV a early for of Bronculitis or something like that. He has had nasty cough fits which have lasted upto 45mins at a time.

Wednesday 13th April
    We took him to childrens hospital for check up only to wait 3hrs just to see nurse and given ok to go home and advised keep him warm etc....

Friday 15th April
    7.30pm coughing fit started again and took him to local GP. Luckily we only 5-10mins away from GP. Walked into GPs office and security guard said all booked up if dont have appointment. Nurse took one look at NAthaniel and said how long has he been coughing contantly like this, advised about half hour at this time, the nurse said we better call ambulance just in case. The 20 or so ppl waiting were not happy with us jumping the queue to the only doctor on site. HE was put on oxygen and seemed to settle a little. Funnily enough Ambulance arrived within 5mins and the other ppl waiting looked at us and look apoligetic and motioned it was ok to jump queue after that. Nae went in ambulance with NAte. I sooned followed in the car. GOt to hospital and immediately checked in, thank goodness as didn't fancy a wait again just to see nurse. Waited an hr or so offically to see doctor though asd NAte had settled back down again by arrival at the hospital. Thank goodness ambo officers saw the coughing though. A nice and helpful doctor named Emma came and saw us arounf 12pm and gave us a good deal of info on what might have been happening (Also had chest xray to check and chest infection- which came back all clear / and Nasal mucus test to see what exactly he had). NAte ahd been in good spirits in the RCH, with the occasional small cough, nothing major. Around 1-1.30am we got sent home and asked to come back later Saturday afternoon for follow up check.

Saturday 16th April.
    HAd Brother and SIL over for morning tea and that was good. Afternoon came quick and took NAte back into RCH. Waited just over hr as Dr Emma had left our name at reception desk for followup. Follow up went well as NAte appeared fine and on the mend. Advised at this time we had RSV. and take hime home to keep warm etc...
    around 5pm Renae went out babysitting a friends baby and left me in charge of NAte. HE fed at 5pm and slept till about 8.30 when i woke him up for a feed. After changing him before feed coughing flared up again. After 15mins consoling I called Nae and advised situation and said if continues on for much longer will call ambulance myself. Ten minutes later I called Ambos to home. They again came within about 5mins. While waiting I threw lots usaual stuff in babies bag and tried put my shoes on. When ambos arrived MICA paremedics arrived as was closest. THe boys from MIca were really good and waited till the non-MICA showed up and keept saying once seen NAte he was poor little fella coughing like that. again within 5mins other ambulance showed up and again off to the RCH.
    Arrived RCH and once arrive NAe called and advised on the way as friends had arrived home early, thank goodness for that. Ambos gave handover and he settled down again. Few minutes after ambos offically left NAte started up again lasting about 15mins this time and not 45mins like just before. Just after NAe arrived which was about 9.50 or there abouts the same doctor (Emma) we'd seen the night before just started and saw NAte on her list and saw us first knowing his history pretty much already. This time offically seeing him cough for about 5-10mins strecthes, advised he'll be checked in for next few days for a holiday in hospital. Since then NAe and NAte been in RCH for obs. HE doing well and getting over the RSV. Will follow up with more when we should find out when they come home, this may be today hopefully...............

Kind Regards
    Rob

Hi everyone,
    Trish, you are certainly not lazy for staying in bed and not getting up in the middle of the night, if i had the choice, i would stay in bed too LOl I only get up because i get really thirsty after i have fed Ryan, so while i wait for him to go back to sleep, i come on here and have a drink, by the time i have caught up on here, he is asleep again and i go straight back to bed.
    I hope Noah's gastro goes soon for you poor little thing, Nick has got it too, his little bum is red raw, so i'm trying to keep him away from Ryan as much as i can.

Rob, poor Nate i hope he and Renae are able to come home today, what a rough time you've had, i hope he gets better soon

Take care

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast