Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Welcome Tanya!! Glad to see that you are Voilet are doing okay.

Trish - Matthew had the same rash, it was partly on his face, chest and head... it has pretty much gone now. He also gets the occasional whitehead on his face. Oh no with the gastro! You must be so over them both having it. Good luck with the nipples too.

Happy 1 month birthday Zander and Violet!!! Times does really fly huh?

Trish, I so hope Tehya doesnt have gastro again, poor thing. It is like a continuous cycle around your house hey? Goodluck at your appt.

I really don't know how you girls can get up during the night to feed bubs. Lily has slept right through from day 4. But I bet you anything the next one won't know what sleep is!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Tegan - when lily was so little, didi you worry about her sleeping right through? Gabby does sometimes and i worry that it is too long without a feed

NO! This can't be happening, Zander and VIolet graduating and Gabby isn't far behind them.

Deb- lol it's funny how we pray for babies to sleep and then when we do we worry. If Gabby is hungry she will wake up, from 3 weeks jemma Slept from 8pm -6am and she was ok, and when Jessica did it , I just made sure she fed 3 hourly during the day so she was getting all her milk.

You girls are doing a great job, adjusting to being a mum isn't easy (as you all know) but I really think you are doing so well, pat yourselves on the back. And Tanya- I haven't forgotten you, adjusting to being a mum again is also tough, the more you have the harder it gets, but at least you have a head start on some baby knowledge. How are things at your place? Hope you are well and that your girls are too.
    Cheers Michelle

LOL Michelle it is scary that our bubs are a month old & Gabby will be tomorrow!

Zander has lots of white spots on his face as well. He also gets these red spots that last for a few hours then disappear. I was told little boys get lots of spots in the last few weeks because of the estrogen in their system from before birth. I didn't think they'd last this long though.

Oh no about the gastro Trish. Any other time you'd want to the kids to be sharing!!

Aww Nell, sorry to hear Matthew was in pain again yesterday, it's horrible isn't it.

We've had a pretty good night actually Naomi, got up twice but at least he went to sleep straight after his bottle this time.

Welcome to you too Tanya, and to Deb for tommorrow,
    wow we're getting busy in here now LOL

Trish, ow about the nipples, i had that when Ryan was 4 weeks and it's a killer, i would scream in agony everytime i fed him, good luck at thr Dr's and i'm sure Tehya's rash is normal.

Sarah, i'm pleased to hear that you had a good night last night, i hope little Zander keeps it up for you.

Well i've managed to get both of my boys to have a nap at the same time, so i'm gonna have a cuppa, catch my breath and do the housework before i go food shopping, it never ends LOL

Take care

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - Gabby has a few spots as well. I was told it was hormal as they go through a bit of a growth spurt around 5-6 weeks. Seems to be like all they do is have growth spurts, LOL.

Michelle - thanks for the reassurance. I guess because Gabby doesn't really sleep a great deal during the day and has plenty of feeds, she must be ok to sleep through the night. It would be good if it was every night but, hey, I will take what I can get! How much did your good sleepers sleep during the day? I know that good sleep during the day promotes sleep at night but Gabby had a shocking day yesterday yet slept all night!??! You are right - it's hard work!

Sarah - Matthew had those white spots as well when he was born - milli I think they call it, is that what you are talking about? His last one just disappeared last week, so he had them for 2 months.

Deb - expect for the last 2 days, Matthew has been sleeping well during the day as well. He did have a period there that I couldn't settle him but I just watch for the tired signs and get him to bed before he gets too cranky. He does have lots of awake time as well.

Scarlett - got the monitor today and I love it so much already! Can't believe that I can see my little man on the screen wherever I am - it's just great!

Deb- Jessica used to wake at about 6am for a bottle, then go back to sleep for about 30mins to an hr, then she got up, play for a while and have a bottle at about 9.30am and then she would go down for a couple of hrs. Bottle again at 12.30pm, play and sleep prob 2pm-3pm, bottle at 3.30-4pm, play and then bath and about 7.30-8pm bottle and bed. then she would sleep until 6 am again, sometimes I would get up if she cried and give her a dummy, but I never picked her up unless she was hysterical. That meant 5 bottles throughout the day and about maybe 3-4 hrs sleep. I don't expect more, not with 10hrs at night. now she only has 4 bottles and I don't feed her until 7am, has brekky at about 9.30, then she goes to bed about 10.30 till 11.30-12pm. Bottle then bed again about 1.30 till 3pm and another bottle at 4 and dinner/bath then a bottle and bed around 8pm. Don't see her again till 7 (except for the dummy being put in maybe once a night). So even at 7 and half months she still has about 3hrs in the day and 11 at night. Some afternoons if she is really tired I will put her to bed about 5pm and then she may stay up till 9pm. But that's ok.

Sorry rambled on a bit there? What sort of sleep is Gabby getting during the day?

Cheers Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Michelle - she only gets a couple of cat naps (btwn 30minutes - an hour) during the day. She gets pretty tired by about 3:30-4pm and will sometimes sleep for a few hours but not recently. We usually give her a bath at about 9-9:30pm then a comp bottle top-up and she zonks it. Usually we get a decent sleep but she has been known to wake after just a few hours. Every now and then she sleeps through but now I know not to stress too much about it.
    I should start writing things down so that i can see some kind of pattern. Still, I can generally tell that her jungle hours are mornings and early afternoon. Now that I am aware of it, I can deal with it a bit better. Let's see me deal with it with only a 3 hour sleep

Nell - that monitor sounds great! Very high-tech

Deb- I think sometimes I used to miss the tired signs, they didn't always rub their eyes, sometimes they just got fidgetty and a bit grizzly, and I used to mistake it for hunger but it turned out to be tiredness. Keeping note of what is happening is prob a good idea for say a week and then see if there is a pattern. Some babies seem not to need as much sleep as others. Where are you putting her odown to sleep? Are you putting her in awake or are you waiting till she falls asleep? Do you use a dummy? Unfortunately as every little treasure is different you need to work out the puzzle for each one. But smile when she sleeps through as it gives you a good rest and you need every minute.

Arron and I worked out that as jemma is 2 yrs old and Jessica 7 and a half mths and I was pg for the 9 mths prior Jemmas birth, I have probably not had a full nights sleep in 3 yrs. Can't wait until that finally happens!lol And I was thinking today with Jordan's netball at 9.30am Saturdays and Auskick for Joshua 8.30am on SUnday, there is no chance of a sleep in for me until End of July and on Sat mid September, Now I feel really tired.
    cheers Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

I guess I just have to get used to broken sleep, hey Michelle. I must admit, I am a pretty selfish person when it comes to sleep so it has been quite an adjustment.

Last night she slept from 10:30pm-3am. I gave her a good BF and she was down again from 4am-7:30am. Mind you, I didn't really sleep much in that last part because I knew Neil was getting up at 5:30am and I was worried that he would wake her with the shower as it is right next to her room. Thankfully she slept through it. I know they are meant to get used to the noises of the house but I dread waking her up! So I probably only got about 4 hours of solid sleep and the rest was half-sleep. Still, better than nothing, hey??

This motherhood bizzo is so hard to get a hang of!!

I hope you can get a decent sleep in July. What small things we look forward to!!

Good morning mums

We had a good/bad night last night, not sure which!! Zander was crying non-stop between 8.30 & 10.00, we tried absolutely everything we could think of & nothing worked. I ended up ringing mum to see if she had any suggestions, so she came over. She held him & he stopped ](*,) He took the bottle from her which I had been fighting to get into him for an hour ](*,) She got him to sleep in bed at 11.00 & as she was leaving said to give her a ring if he started again & she would take him for a few hours. I swear she wouldn't have gotten back to her front door (she lives nextdoor) & he started ](*,) So I called her just to have a laugh. Anyway she came back & took him away telling me to get some sleep & come get him in the morning. So mum looked after him overnight til she went to work, then got my sister up at 6.00 to look after him til I came over. When he was there he slept 11.30-4.30 bottle then 5.00 to 8.30 which meant mum & dad at least got some sleep.

So while I'm feeling refreshed from having a full night's sleep I have a headache cos I'm not used to it!!

I do the same thing Deb, stay half awake when I know it's close to when Aaron has to get up for work. Deb, writing things down is a good idea, but make sure you have heaps of paper, you would not believe how long it can get!

OMG Michelle, 3yrs without a full night's sleep! My mum told me that my older sister didn't sleep through the night until I was born & we're 28 months apart!!

Yup Nell I think they are the little milk spots that they talk about.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh Sarah - how lovely of your Mum! Just what you needed, I bet! Maybe Zander only slept so well for her because she isn't as stressed as you atm iykwim? The fact that he is bottle fed is helpful so that she could take him away. Sometimes I wish that was so with Gabby. I guess I just have to get on to the expressing thing then, hey? LOL @ having a headache from too much sleep. It's always the way, huh?
    I feel pretty good with the amount of sleep I got last night. Mind you, if I only get 4-5 hours every night (broken sleep), it may be a different story but, hey, you do get used to it after a while, I am sure.

I hate my house. The walls are paper thin. I never noticed until we brought Gabby home! We have floor boards in the lounge room and you can hear every single footstep. Now I want carpet when before I was determined to not have it! I think shoes off when Gabby is asleep is going to have to be the rule. Neil walks around like a fricken elephant!

Just got off the phone to mum & she thinks he might have been cold. Boy do I feel slack not being able to tell that my baby is cold. She said once she had one of his hands wrapped up in the blanket he settled ok. It also seems to be the case now. Poor little bubba.

It is funny how we get usd to only having 4hrs sleep isn't it Deb?! LOL at Neil walking like an elephant, Aaron is the same!

Morning girls,
    Well done Gabby, one month old today !!

Violet still has all her milli, Emily had big yellow pimples when she came out... they were GROSS!!

We had a bit of a tough noght last night... I think she is having a growth spurt... she is wanting to be fed every 2 - 2.5 hour, but I try and get her to hang on for three, just to make sure she is hungry and not tired. So hopefully it doesn't last too long... I'm tired.
    The nurse came over yesterday, I was supposed to go and see her but it was easier for her to come to me yesterday because she had a meeting to go to. Emily was supposed to have her 18month check, but we'll do that next fortnight. So anyway, she just weighed her, and she has gained 340g, and now weighs 4160g... 40g more than Em at the same age, and Em was 150g more at birth. I think Violet is going to be a bigger girl. They are complete opposites... Em is just like her dad (long and skinny) and Violet is more like me, but I wouldn't be surprised if she gets her fathers height.
    I can't wait for Violet's eye colour changes, I want to know what colour they are going to be. At the moment they are what I call a dark Violet...lol

Sarah, What a great Mum you have, it must be handy to have her so close in times like these. I am so happy to hear that you finally got a good nights rest.

Deb, I am still trying to get the hang of being a Mum, and this is my 3rd time. I must admit tho, I wasn't the best mum when I had Alecia (I just had no idea), and I had forgotten most of it by the time Em came along.

Best be off I think someone is stirring... only 2.5 hours since her last feed.

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - yay for growth spurts - NOT! Yay for Violet doing so well with her weight tho. Wow @ her eyes being violet! She has to match, hey??

Soooo many people have said that once they get to 3 months, everything seems to fall in to place.

One month down.... 2 more to go, LOL.

Hi Everyone,

Tanya, we are having a growth spurt at the moment as well. Charlotte is feeding 2 hourly. She is better overnight but she is waking more than she was last week.

Deb, the whole working out what is wrong is difficult. I worry all the time, does she need to feed? is she tired? is she bored?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast