Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Sounds like it's growth spurts all round. Tehya has been feeding extra too. She went down last night by 9 pm and usually that first sleep is for around 5 hours tops, she woke at midnight, I put her dummy in and she crashed back out for abit when she stirred again I put her into bed with me, gave her her dummy again and we cuddled, she woke at 4 and I fed her then. I hope that I can keep stretching her out like that long enough so that she stops waking for it... Gee that would be nice.

Sarah, good to hear that you Mum took Zander for the night. Sorry about the crappy part of it though. What is a full nights sleep??? Noah still wakes up occassionaly and he's nearly 3. I think once you fall pg you should kiss goodbye ever getting another decent nights sleep.

Tanya, the Dr said that Tehya has milli, now I know that it is the big white/yellow pimple looking things. She has a few of them but that isn't the rash that I was talking aboutwhen I took her to the Dr's. Of course her face was clear when we went there too, not today though. Typical. Tehya's nose was cocered in milli, like all these little whiteheads everywhere, they have settled now though. Yay on Violets weight gain too, she is going great.

Deb, don't try to make the house too quiet. I made that mistake with Noah and I have only just now got him to sleep through the phone ringing...Because my house is/was pretty quiet during the day when Noah was a bub any noise would wake him up. His room is right next to the bathroom and his bed is on the wall that the shower is on. It would always wake him, not so much anymore though. We have polished floors too and the noise really does travel up the hall and the creaking is shocking. Tehya sleeps through most noise and I think that's because the house is noisey more often than not these days. Anyways, back to the point, try and have some noise while she is sleeping like the radio and stuff that way she will get used to more noise and be able to sleep through it.

Weighed Tehya today in at the chemist so it wasn't her bare weight. Anyway she weighs 4.76kgs. Last week she weighed 4.2kgs bare and 4.5kg dressed so i guess she has put on around 250gms so thats a bloody good growth. I could feel that she was getting heavier and she is starting to get fat rolls. How cute. Well it's cute on them just not on us hey, abit like celulite

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Gabby has officially been asleep for an hour in her cot! Hooray!
    The only way to settle her was with her dummy. Either it is still in her mouth or it fell out and she resettled herself. I don't care when she wakes up now. At least she has had an hour of rest today!

I did the groceries by myself again today. All my sisters are working so I thought "bugger it" and went on my own. I just asked if someone at the supermarket could help me out to the car to which they gladly obliged. It's so nice when people help you out!

Trish - I am going to try and not make things too quiet for her and leave her bedroom door open.

Doh! I jinxed myself. She is awake. Ah well!! LOL

Well done at doing the groceries by yourself again Deb. I have yet to venture out on my own with Alexzander as I was told not to drive until 6w after the c/s.

Awwww those fat rolls on babies are so cute Trish, IKWYM about them on us though

Wow sounds like all the bubs are having growth spurts except mine I suppose he has to stop spewing so much to be able to grow!!

Hey Tanya, when do their eyes change to their permenant colour? Zander's are a really nice blue atm.

Hi everyone, it's good to hear that you are all well.

i've just taken Ryan for his checkup and immunisations, he cried for a bit, but i took a bottle of EBM and that took his mind off it and then he went to sleep.
    He now weighs 5.44kg (12lbs) and he was 3255kg (7lb 3oz) at birth, so he is gaining lots of weight, he is now 55cms in length and his head circ is 38cm, so he is going great which i was pleased to hear.

Well i'd better go and organize dinner
    Take care

Deb, I am impressed with the supermarket shopping. I went one day and my pram didn't fit through the checkout. Next time I will wear my sling or if I have to do it with the pram then I will go to a really wide checkout.

It is sad that Gabby woke up. It messes up your day when they wake up too early!

My adventure for tomorrow is going to the hairdresser. The hairdresser said that it was fine to bring the baby and she had time to stop if I needed to feed but I am worrying that Charlotte will cry. I will let you know how it goes.

Naomi, Ryan is a big boy now. It is amazing how quickly they grow.

Sarah, I didn't have a growth spurt until this week, yours could still be coming.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - no one has told me not to drive (well, no one at the hospital or any health care professionals) but I keep hearing from people that we aren't meant to drive for 6 weeks. I feel completely fine so I haven't let it stop me. Mind you, I want to wait until she is 6 weeks before I take her back to my work because it is a 45 minute drive out of Geelong. Neil reckons our car wouldn't be insured anyway because we had the springs cut so it was lower (back when it was his car and had to look cool, ). I need to get out and about for my sanity anyway! LOL

Naomi - yay for Ryan's excellent weight gain! I am not looking forward to doing the immunisation thing with Gabby. It's good that you were able to settle him without too much trouble.

Trish - Gabby is down for a sleep again and the boys are sawing and hammering in the kitchen again. Maybe that's my problem - there's not enough noise!! LOL

Maryann - good luck at the hairdressers tomorrow. I am sure Charlotte will be fine. If she cries, she cries. You have pre-warned them. Whenever Gabby cries out in public, I try to remind myself that babies are allowed to cry and everyone can just get over it! Still, it's much nicer once that dummy gets shoved in, LOL.

Well, after all my positive talk, I had another meltdown. I rang Mum because, once again, I don't feel like I am producing enough milk. I expressed after I fed Gabby last an barely got anything out. She is just so fussy atm. Neil took her for a while and Mum convinced me to ring the ABA. The lady was lovely. She didn't ridicule me at all and she told me that I can hold Gabby the way I like so long as she has wet nappies then I know she is getting enough. She told me to not bother with expressing for now as it can take 8 weeks for bfing to really get established. She also said that because I had a c-section, it can interfere with how quickly my milk came in yet I was told that was nonsense at the hospital. Hmm... how different opinions vary! Anyway, she has managed to make me feel a little better in that I am doing all the right things. She even said that if giving her the formula feed at night as a top up helps, then that's great. Not what I was expecting to hear! I was waiting for some sort of criticism about it.
    Mum is going to come over a little later and just help me out a bit. She has been a wonderful support. It is just so amazing how I can be feeling pretty good most of the day then all of a sudden fall in a heap and start doubting myself.
    As it turns out, Gabby was obviously really tired - thus her deciding to drop off to sleep. The funny thing is, I had given up on trying to put her down and was prepared to just cuddle her all night until bed time. Then she went and zonked it, LOL.

Deb - the thing I am learning most of all is that the first 6 weeks are purely survival. Just do what you can to get through. And everyone has told me anything you do in those first few months will not form habits, so dont feel guilty about it.
    You are alive - all three of you - so you must be doing something right!!
    Well done - you are a great mum with a lovely baby.

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks, Fi That's what I needed to hear :hugs:

Scarlett Guest

Wow there is a lot of people in here now, its fantastic. Will have to remember to log on more regularly though.

Nell, isnt it great to be able to see them before you get up. We hook ours up to the tv sometimes and watch the 'emily' channel. Its kinda embarrassing if someone shows up and we have been sitting there watching her sleep for 20mins or so, but I love it.

Sarah, your mum sounds fantastic, hope zander is better.

Sorry to those I have missed.

Emily weighs 6kg now, cant believe how fast she is growing. She took two bottles of ebm from me today without a fight so the new teat seems to be a success. Have also added ohhga to our list of sounds. so cute.

firsttimedad Guest

Hi all,

Great news, NAte finally getting over his nasty cold and beginning to settle in well. FOr past 2 nights we have feed him at 10pm and then slept till 5.30am....so looking up for Nae and getting some good night sleeps ahead...WOO HOO......

Kind Regards ROb

Rob, that's great that Nate is better and that you and Renae are getting some sleep.

Deb, When you take Gabby for her injections, just make sure you take a bottle of EBM or formula to comfort them afterwards and you should be ok.

Sarah, i hope Zander is letting you get more sleep, and where do i get a mum like yours? My mum won't even speak to me, but it's ok coz she lives in England LOL

I hope everyone else is well.

Ryan must have been exhausted after his dr's visit yesterday, we came home he had a huge BF and zonked, he was asleep for 4 hours, had another feed and went to bed around 7 and slept until 4, so that was good, he woke up at 6.30 coz Nick was screaming to get up and he's back asleep again now.

Sounds like Ryan is going great guns Naomi

How did the hairdressers go Maryann? Hope Charlotte was a good girl for you.

Yeah Deb, apparently insurance is void if you drive 6w after any abdominal surgery as the muscles you use to brake have been cut. Sounds like the ABA has helped you heaps, that's great. Yay for your mum too, sounds like she's great I agree with Fi, as long as all 3 of you are still alive everything is going to be ok.

Wow Scarlett, sounds like Emily is growing really well too.

Awww Rob, so glad to hear that Nate is over his cold. How are you & Renae going with it all?

Zander had a good night last night \/ He slept 9.30 - 1.00, 1.30 - 5.00 then 6.00 - 10.00

Yay on the good night Sarah \/

I've said to Shane - in a week we need 2 good nights, 2 bad nights, and 3 average nights, and we can survive. Last night was a good one too!! Well average to good, so we'll count it as a good one, and anymore are bonuses!!
    I cant wait until I get sleeps liek Naomi's though. OMG - doesn't 7 til 4 sound like bliss??

Great news Rob - hopefully you dont jinx yourself!!

Scarlett - wow to Emily weighing 6kg. Sounds like you have a good supply of milk to keep her happy.

Deb - anytime you need the hugs - you just let me know!!

Fi

Scarlett Guest

Rob - thats fantastic that Nate is better.

Fi - its amazing when they start sleeping longer more regularly. We average 6 hours from about 10 -4, but sometimes she will go one or two hours longer and it is brilliant.

Deb - the injections were horrible when we did them. She was asleep and woke up and cried in a way I have never heard before, a real 'that hurt' sound. Fortnuatley she went right back to sleep after I fed her. So it was worse for me than it was for her. She did get a slight fever though and was very clingy for the rest of the day. Panadol helped.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay for good nights all round!
    We had one too. Gabby slept from 11pm - 6am so that was brilliant! Then she slept from 7-8am. I popped the dummy in her mouth and put her in the bouncer and she fell asleep again until 10am so I was able to get a shower and fiddle around in my kitchen (starting to move stuff in dribs and drabs). Yay!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good night then. Ours was ok too.

Deb, how did you manage to get that much sleep, very jealous here
    Yay at finally being able to sort your kitchen out too.

Scarlett, don't you hate 'that' cry. It makes you want to cry along with then. When Tehya had her heel ***** done she cried enough, she had her hep shot done at 2 weeks and she screamed, I am not looking forward to her 2 month ones. With my other kids I always gave them some Panadol while we were waiting to go into see the Dr so that way it had started to work before they got a chance to have any reactions, also boob was ready for a settling feed and a cuddle. Your right though, we remember it longer than what they do.

Sarah, that was a fantastic night for you guys you must be happy with that one. Maybe Zander thinks he'd better sleep good or you'll send him back to Granma's house

Maryann, hope that you got through your hairdressers appt wihtout oo much hassle from Charlotte. I'm sure she was a good girl.

Tehya has catnapped for most of the day but seems to making up for lost time now, she has been asleep on and since around 3ish. Poor chook must be tired. Still I'd rather her catch some now then she can stay up for abitlater and hopefully be back down at a good time tonight. She has Noahs gastro bug back again, meanwhile Noah seems to still have a touch of it too. Gee that kid doesn't like to part with anything in a hurry does he.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh Trish... will the poo ever stop for you? Poor little Tehya and Noah. And poor you! I hope she sleeps well for you tonight so that you can get some rest. Good tip about the panadol. I will have to remember that when Gabby gets her injections.

Just had Mum and Hanna here for a few hours. It was great. They both took turns holding Gabby and putting her to sleep while I pottered around the kitchen. I put plates and tupperware away then made a little space for all of Gabby's feeding things - her own special cupboard!

Deb... don't worry about not being able to express too much. Our boobs were ment to be expressed by our babies not expressers, thats why we can't get much out. I tried the other day on the boob that Violet hadn't used... I got 20ml!!

Had graduation yesterday! All went well....great to get it FINALLY done!! I'll post some pics when I get 'em.

Violet has been reeeeaaallllly soky the passed couple of days...ugh!! Mum helped out a lot yesterday. She knew how tired I was, and on top of that I had a massive headache after graduation! Aren't mum's great!?

Anyway better scadaddle, sorry I didn't do much of a catch up. BTW, got a couple of new pic up to.

Tanya

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast