Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Sarah, maybe you can try sticky taping the dummy in Seriously though that can be as big a pain as having to get up for feeds. Long time between feeds though, bet he was starving when he finally woke properly.
    I wish I got Mummy time, I crashed out before Tehya even did. Still atleast the rest of the kids were in bed.

Deb, gorgeous pic of the girls together. Gabby is getting so big, especially when you put her next to Jenna of course. Can you bring me over some custard pecan cake please. It sounds very yummy.

Thanks for not changing us over yet Kathryn. I always find it hard to remember what was said last

Thank God Noah goes to pre school tomorrow. I seriously need a break. He is so demanding. Bad thing to say I know, but it is so nice when it's just Tehya and I. Have a baby shower to got to tomorrow, so there goes one of my my quiet days. Still I don't have to run around after Noah.

Tehya has been a good girl today. She went down for a nap at 1.30pm and slept til 5.30pm so no complaining here about that. She's had a couple of feeds and a big poo and has just been sitting around smiling and chatting away. If only they always stayed like this. She has been abit fussy on the bb the past 2 days though. She starts to drink then takes her mouth off and back on again, turning her head back and forth. Not sure what the problem is though?????

Better go, dinners almost done. Mark has made Taccos. Yummy.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - Gabby has been doing exactly the same thing on the boob! Just being really fussy. She will suck for a while then start pulling herself off all the time and turning her head side to side. It drives me nuts! I thought it was just on my right boob but she did it on both today. Then she screams when I sit her up like she wants more! Grrr! If you find out what the deal is, let me know! Probably another "stage" :roll:

Wow! Gabby has been asleep for 3 hours! I have managed to do the dishes, make dinner, eat dinner. She has stirred a couple of times but we have just cuddled her back to sleep.

God I love how she smells. Isn't it the best smell in the world??!!

Deb I think we might be going the same way tonight with getting up a hundred times to stick his dummy in! I know what you mean about how they smell, mmmmm You know what is cool as well that I thought of yesterday - the soles of their feet are as soft & nice as the rest of them. Or at least they will be until they start running round! How cute is that pic of Jenna & Gabby, they're gunna be best buds.

Hehehe did you see the Simpsons episode Trish where they gaffa taped Maggie's dummy in?? Enjoy your baby shower tomorrow & your quiet day without the boys.

Scarlett Guest

Glad to know I am not the only one with my nose permanently attached to the top of bubs head - its a wonderful smell isn't it.

Sarah - maybe elastic??? we couldn't get emily to take a dummy as she just kept knocking it out of her mouth with her hands. very frustrating.

Nell - congrats on the move, hope all the unpacking etc is done. I hate moving at the best of times and can't imagine how tough it would be with a baby.

Tanya - bugger about the door, but lucky nothing was missing.

Trish and Deb - Emily does the same thing, usually with the right bb. It is really frustrating as she gets crosser and crosser as shes isn't getting fed. sometimes sitting her up and burping seems to help.

It is really strange to hear you guys talking about cold weather - still 30 degrees plus here during the day and I think maybe about 25 at night. Am finding I really miss the cool weather we used to get when we lived in brisbane. On the upside, I don't have to worry about whether or not Emily is warm enough which is a good thing. Was almost ready to say she was sleeping through and then last night we had a shocker. She keeps migrating to the top of her cot and then bangs her head again and again as she tries to move and wakes up crying. Have no idea how we stop this as it doesn't seem to matter how low down we put her to start with. Weird. Is also back to wanting feeds almost every 1 1/2 hours during the day - another growth spurt???

Debbie Lee Guest

Scarlett - ah don't you love those growth spurts?? As for Emily wriggling to the top of her cot, I have no idea how you would avoid that! I am just glad that Gabby stays put for now, LOL. Wow @ the warm weather you guys have. I would go nuts! It's 30 degrees here today and I am not really looking forward to it. Still, at least I am not preggers!

Sarah - you are right - the soles of their feet are nice a smooth. I love massaging Gabby's feet with sorbolene. She seems to enjoy it.

Speaking of which, she really liked her bath last night. She was so funny when I put her in. Her eyes went really wide and she did a few deep breaths. I thought she was going to scream like she usually does but, no, she had fun kicking around for at least half an hour.
    Getting her to bed last night was a little more difficult because she had a brilliant sleep in the late arvo/early evening. The bloody dog outside kept barking and waking us up. Gabby stirred once but I think it was wind. I make sure I burp her and hold her upright at least half an hour after she has her bottle but it's still not enough sometimes. Damn wind! :roll: Still, she slept from 11pm-6am so I am happy. Seems to be the routine for now.
    She woke up after only an hour of napping this morning too because of wind. I brought her into my bed and laid her down on her side but that only lasted another hour. Now she is asleep in her bouncer. She had such a good BF this morning (and a hugggge play) that I don't want her to feed again before 10. So she can wake up whenever she likes now

We have our MCHN appointment today so it will be good to see how much weight she has put on. I also have to ask about when I get hooked up to a mother's group. I have been hanging for it and forgot to ask last time. ](*,) Has anyone else been set up with one yet?

DAMN!!! Stupid laptop, I just lost a massive post #-o Okey dokey, here we go again...

Deb, there is no way our ECHN would set me up with a Mother's Group, she probably doesn't even know what one is! Nah seriously, she is a shocker & I wouldn't expect her to know where they are! Yay for Gabby enjoying her baths now. Zander has decided he loves to splash We tell him he's a clever boy & he splashes even more!! Sounds like her sleep is going really well now too which is great. And yup IKWYM about the wind, it's horrible isn't it? Maybe try the Brauer (sp?) colic drops... Apparently they are really good for wind.

Scarlett, I wish it was that warm here. We seem to have 4 seasons in one day at the moment - anyone would think I was in Melbourne!! *ducks for cover* As for Charlotte squirming up to the head of her cot, maybe put a rolled up bunny rug or nappy at the end so if she does get up there & bumps her head it won't wake her up?

Still had the same night again, getting up a hundred times :-({|= I got sooo cranky with Aaron too. He had yesterday off work to do something for dad & also today off and he hasn't gotten up to Zander once during the night. I went off at him this morning cos he hasn't gotten up once since going back to work. Fair enough, during the week it's fine I understand he needs to sleep for work, but over the weekend & when he's off work, getting up just once would be great.

Hey all, everyone is doing so well and I dont think I have time to post too many personals. I havvvvvveeee to sleep!!!!

BTW - the reason Jenna has no pants on in the photos is she was having "nappy off time". I dont actually let my daughter sit on play dates with no undies on. How rude!
    Everytime we take her nappy off, she does 2 wees and often a poo. I have to admit I just think to myself - YES - there are 2 nappy changes I get to miss!! Very selfish mamma.

And Deb - thanks for coming over, the goodies were yum, but Shane went into the fridge this morning and said - where did the sunkist come from? Oops - you brought it and I filled you up with coffee instead. So Shane thanks you - he has the bottle at Lara today. 8-[

As for the mother's group, I think the next lot start in May, I'm going to be in Jo's group which really surprised me since her baby was born about 4 weeks befor Jenna. But apparently they are 8 week things, so I guess its all good.

Also Sarah - apparently you have the right to go to whatever MCHN you wish - if you want a transfer, just call one of the other centres and do it. One of the MCHN at my branch is a twit too. She tried to make me feel quilty for bfing in the waiting room, cause she wanted to close up for lunch. Suggested I should push her in the pram to get rid of her wind rather than over my shoulder. Yeah good on ya lady - and then where am I going to finish her feed - on a park bench halfway home? Absolute num-nuts. But the other one is lovely, so I'm happy.

Bye
    Fi

Hi girls

We have the same "I love my daddy" top too!! I think they must've sold quite a few . We got it given to us in a size 0000, so not much wear out of it.

The door has been fixed... Wato got home when I wasn't here and didn't know WTF was going on.

Sarah, I can't blame you for growling at Aaron, it all gets a bit much when you are constantly getting up and it feels like you are totally alone! Violet had been screaming for about an hour one night and I felt like I was going to scream! Wato said the next day that he came to the door a few times but didn't know what to do. I told him that he could've come and taken her cause he knows how stressful a screaming baby can be. So now he'll come and take her... He's pretty good anyway he's been looking after Emily most of the time.

Deb, good to hear Gab is starting to enjoy her baths. I think the only one that Violet didn't like was her very first one. Every one since she has LOVED!!

Scarlett, I hope Emily's growth spurt end soon (if that is what it is). But honestly if that was me, I'd be trying to get her back to sleep... 1.5 hours is too much!! I hope you are resting heaps.

I had a bit of trouble getting Violet to sleep last night, but she has slept well ever since. I got a good nap this morn, when both girls had a sleep

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - yay on the door being fixed AND for your good nap. It always makes the world of difference when you get some sleep. Sounds like Wato has been great with Emily. Good on him!

Sarah - sorry to hear that Aaron hasn't been very helpful. I must admit that Neil hasn't ever gotten up to Gabby but that's because she only wakes 4 a feed and he can't do that. No excuse for Aaron tho considering Zander is bottle fed. I hope he is more obliging from now on.

Fi - I didn't even think to ask if it was ok to put the pic of Jenna up. I figured that it doesn't really show much of her rude bits but, still, let me know if you want me to take it off Gabby's site. No worries about the sunkist. I am glad I could help quence Shane's thirst while he is working hard out at Lara. Yay @ being in Jo's mother's group. It's good that you will know at least one other person already. I asked about mine and it's not going to start for another 3 weeks! :roll: Apparently there are more babies in Grovedale than she knows what to do with so she is not sure how it is going to work. So long as I don't miss out, I don't care! OMG - it sounds like you have had all the nasty nurses in your travels! I can't believe that you were told how to burp Jenna AND that you weren't allowed to finish your feed. That's what the fricken clinic is for!!

Well, Gabby has put on weight but not as much as last time. She is up 360 grams, has grown hald a cm and her head is 2.2cms bigger! Big boof-head! LOL
    We walked to the health centre and back after going to Target (where she promptly cracked the poos so gave up on the idea of doing the groceries too!). So a big day for us. Now I get the usual battle of trying to get her to sleep so that I can make dinner. Fun, fun!

Wait til you get your sling Deb..... Even in green and white you will still be able to settle her and do your household chores!! Or even better, Neil can strap her on like Shane is now, and you get to feel like half a human without a baby attached, AND she stops crying and you dont have to tell him how to settle her. Bliss.
    The photo is fine - I've decided I'm going to post nudie photos of her on my www - what is the point of worrying what some perverts in USA do with the photos. Time to worry about things I can control, and have impact on my life. I'm never going to look at kiddie rude shots, so I'll never see anything bad done to her photos!!! Once again - tell me I'm a terrible mother.

Tanya - I'm like you - I deal with the baby for 90mins including a feed. If she hasn't settled by then, she goes to her dad. He's taken her into the other bedroom a couple of times now, and I can't even hear her screaming. Blissful sleep.

BTW - has everyone else realsied how easy it is to fall asleep at night now?? I reckon it takes all of 2 mins for me to drop off.

Fi

Fi, I have that many rudie pics of my kids over the years I could start up my own ring. I think they are just beautiful. It's only the sick buggers out there that make any of it seem wrong. kwim?

Deb, it's great when they love their baths. Tehya has never even fussed once when she has her bath. I wonder if it has anything to do with her birth?

Tanya, I think we should all get pics of our babies in these shirts and we can edit them so they look like they are all together. What is that now. About 4 of us? Hope Violet is doing well.

Sarah, give Aaron a smack. All is equal when they aren't at work. In saying that though I don' think Mark has gotten up once to Tehya. Admitidly though he can't feed her and that is what she wants. Also when Noah wakes he gets up to him.

Scarlett, Hearing you on the growth spurt. I think we have been going through another one too. I wish that the weather was like yours is all year round. I love the warm - not hot weather. Up to around 32 degrees is just nice for me.

Self confessed baby sniffer here too girls. Love the smell of them, even their sweet baby breath (except after a chuck) Wouldn't you know it. Noah has actually slept in this morning and Tehya woke to stay up. She is in the lounge roon having a chat to herself. Funny chook she is.

Took her scrap booking last night. We left early and got home just after 8.30pm, changed and fed her then handed her to Mark and I promptly crashed out on the lounge. Went to bed around 11pm and she didn't wake til after 2 then again around 6ish, so a pretty good night for us.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and all bubbies are well behaved.

Take care
    Trish

Hello,

Fi, I didn't even think that sick people would use photos of my beautiful baby. I suppose that there is nothing we can do about it.

I love my sling too. We walked up to the shopping centre in the pram yesterday. Charlotte then got fussy and kept on crying so I put her in the sling and we got home happily with no screams at all.

Trish, sounds like Tehya is sleeping well. How did she behave at scrapbooking?

Sarah, I suppose Aaron didn't even think to get up. Sometimes men need to be told that you need help. They are a bit thick. :-) DH doesn't get up because he can't feed but he puts her to sleep in the evening which is a great help.

Deb, Gabby sounds like she is doing well. Don't you love that they grow so much. I love the little rolls of fat.

Charlotte is doing okay. She didn't have a bad night, just waking at 10 and 2:30. I wanted her to sleep through to 7 but we woke at 6. We are having visitors today. A friend is coming over with her two daughters. DH and I are negotiating to go out and see a movie on the weekend. Mum and Dad have offered to look after Charlotte. I am quite excited about it. My life is sad. It is hard to fit things around 3 hourly feeds!

Fi, it's funny that Jenna goes when her nappy is off! I don't remember the last time I opened a dirty nappy - he always seems to poo when his nappy is off! Grr at your ECHN how rude. I hope there is a different nurse at the clinic that I go to - I wouldn't go to the other 2 clinics in the area. One is in the middle of a park where there are always lots of drunken people hanging round - kinda scary. The other one is in a very bad area, not somewhere I'd like to parkthe car IYKWIM. So really I have a chose of 3 bad ones!

Yay at your door being fixed Tanya, that didn't take long.

Wow at Gabby's growth Deb, it sounds great Zander will be weighed again on Monday at our 6w appointment. I'm a bit worried cos he doesn't seem any heavier to me.

LOL at Noah sleeping in, but Tehya waking up this morning! You can never sleep in can you.

We had a pretty good night last night, I think it was cos Zander was super tired though. We did the groceries which he was awake through most of. People came over so I had to keep him up for that. Then dinner at the in-laws, where grandad kept waking him up :mad: When we got home at 8.30 he was cranky as. But I got him into bed by 9ish. He slept through until 2am had a bottle then was up at 5.45. It was good though cos Aaron got up to him then - his alarm goes off at 6.00 usually.

It's really weird - Zander is very unsettled at Aaron's parents house. Not sure what that's all about, but it always gives us a good excuse to leave early LOL!!

Oops Maryann, posting at the same time! Hope you do get to go to the movies on the weekend. Sounds like you had a good night as well

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL @ Zander being unsettled at the IL's place. Perhaps her gets a vibe from you?? Good to hear he had a good night last night and yay for Aaron tending to him! Sounds like you got a decent sleep!

Trish - LOL @ being able to set up a ring with all your nudie shots... ya dag!

Maryann- yay @ being able to go to the movies. That should be nice. It will probably be weird tho! I imagine that I will feel strange the first time Gabby is left with someone for a bit longer.

Fi - yes! I can fall asleep at night at the drop of a hat. Although, if I have had a decent sleep the night before and the dog is barking, it's a little more difficult.

Had another good sleep last night. She was fussing like crazy when we went to a friend's place for dinner so I thought we were in for a hell of a night. But, no... she slept from 10:30-6am then from 7-8am where I put her in her bouncer in her room because she seemed windy then she slept until 10am! A nice, big sleep for mumma! She is now back asleep in her rocker again. She seems to like the rocker more because she is sitting more upright. I will have to do the phone books under the cradle thing to tilt it up a bit I think.

We have my sister's graduation today. She has one of her degrees (bachelor of architecture I think... or bachelor of arts?? Hmmm one of them!) so I plan on getting Gabby all nice and dressed up. Only thing is, my sister wants us there an hour early for photos so that means one more hour that Gabby has to get fussy. I might try and sit in between Mum and one of my sisters so I can BF while the proceedings are going on. That way she won't scream half way through!

How are you all going? I don't know if I am coming or going atm. Just too many things on the go and I forget to post in here - how rude of me.

Little man in now whingeing so best make this quick (he was sleeping)

Deb - hope everything goes well today at your sisters graduation. I start my mothers group on Monday as she just finished her last one. Maybe they only ever have a certain amount going at once. I like my MHCN, she is nice and I called her in desperation once and she was lovely and very calm. She also told me that I could choose my MHCN. I am sorry that some of you don't have nice ones - Fi, how rude is yours? Just shocking. What a shame you can't change your Sarah... luckily you don't have to rely on her for all your advice.

Scarlett - Matthew hits his head too, I suppose that's why they market the cot bumpers but now they are a SIDS risk. Do you believe I was given 2 of these? Now they just sit in my cupboard as I can't use them.

Sarah - I think the reminder does wonders. Probably thinks you are coping okay and like getting up. I was impressed with my DH the other night, he got up with me, changed Matthew and sat with me while I fed him and it was a work night.

Matthew had a couple of nights were he woke at 3.30 for a feed but the last two nights he has slept through. I am so spoilt, I have really forgotten what's it like to get up through the night.

Woohoo on a nice sleep for you Deb Hope the graduation goes well today & that Gabby is a good little girl for you.

Yay at Matthew sleeping through the night - I wish LOL!

I have finally just gotten him to sleep now after a marathon 2hr crying session. At least it was during the day!

Maryann, Tehya was really good at scrapbooking. The only time I was holding her was to feed her, everyone else had a turn or she was just laying on the floor on her blankie chatting away keeping everyone amused. I didn't even have to change her pooey bum \/
    Hope that you do get to go to the movies. I wish.

Deb, hope that your day goes good today and that Gabby is a good girl for you. Sounds like you got some great sleep there you lucky thing.

Sarah, obviously Zander just doesn't like going over to his grand parents house. What better excuse not to go over there I hope that Zander sleeps as good for you tonight too.

Fi, I think that I could crash out just about anywhere at any given time. Sleep deprivation does that to you.

Where do you girls find out about the mums group from ? It was never even mentioned to me. Is that because I didn't got to hospital?

Had a busy day today. Picked up Nadine and we went out to the shopping centre for a look around, went to the bank to get out the $$ for our new car. Yes thats right we finally found a Tarago, we have to go and pick it up tonight. Only thing is Mark brought a manual and I don't drive manual. I used to but that was a very, very long time ago. Don't know if I can relearn with a car full of kids now. Oh yeah, then I took Nadine to the scrap shop trying to convert her into a scrapper

Take care
    Trish

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast