Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, August '05 #2

Hi all

Just a quick post. I have a cold and feel crap. I have got some cough medicine from the chemist which is ok when BF.

Erykah was a nightmare again last night. Woke at 11:30 was settled by 12 but only by feeding her. Then she woke at 12:30 and wanted more milk. She then fell asleep at 1:30 on me. DH put her in her bed when he got in at 2:30 and she woke again. Finally asleep in her bed at 3. Then awake at 5 for a feed. Then woke for a feed at 8am and slept on me till 10am.

I don't feel too bad and seem to be used to having to get up so often. She always wants food. I don't give in straight away when it is only 1 hour since she fed. But she screams the house down until I give her a feed then she is quite again.

She was unsettled between 12:30 and 1:30 because she was trying to poo. Once she had then she was very settled.

Oh well we are away from Wed and there will be family and friends to help us out

Must go she is calling

Jo

Tigergirl1980 Guest

*sheepishly wanders in*

I'm sorry I haven't posted for such a long time girls. I do read up on you girls, but I just seem to be so busy lately with appointments for Jonah and such, and not much goes on, but I should post about boring stuff too. I will from now on I promise.

Good to see you Bec.

Well im logging on to show off my boy again. We just woke him up as DH playing on sunrise this morning but otherwise he would have kept sleeping (well actually he has he went on the boob pretty much asleep, had a suck and hasnt really properly awoken) but he slept 9.5 hours!! I could get used to this.

Gotta go drop mike in the city.

Shannon - I'll just miss ya - will be in Bris on Saturday! bummer! I approve of your bagless vacuum cleaner...we got one a couple of months ago and i love it...

Hi All, I'm back. Finally got Hannah to sleep. She doesn't sleep much during the day at all, just 20 min naps here and there. I am trying now to get her into a better routine 'cos she is extremely grumpy by the end of the day if she hasn't slept well. She was up every two hours again last night. I am so over it!

Jo - sorry to hear you're feeling crap. hope the cold gets better really soon - it really is horrible to be sick and not getting enough sleep (I can totally sympathise!). Hope Erykah had a good sleep last night...

Heather - That is so great that Hendrix slept 8 hours! Can you ask him if he'd mind telling Hannah his sleepy secrets? Hope your picnic was fun! Did I miss something about sunrise??

Shannon - let me know next time you're going to be up, and we can see if we can get some of the other BB Brissy girls together too!

Good to see you're still around Bec! Glad to hear that "not much goes on"! I guess that's a good thing!

Well, that's it for me. Hannah is awake (grrrrrrrr....)

Hope everyone else is well!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi All

Shannon Jess sounds like Jonah, in the monkey department. He spits milk out and give a little grin. Buggers. We are doing fine, yup everything is good with him now, and don't worry you were correct. We haven't seen Dr Lowther since he came out of hospital, we have an appointment at the end of this month, I'm sure he'll be surprise at how big he has gotten. I cann't wait for the meeting, it will be good to meet you and others, put faces to names etc.

Heather Awwwww, thank you. Wow you got a big sleep, lucky you. We are just trying now to drop Jonah's 6:30am feed, he had a really bad night last night and was up until almost 5am, but then slept until his 9:30am feed, the MCHN this morning said it could have been because of the lousy weather with all the wind going on outside.

So yes, we had a MCHN visit today and he is doing so well, he now weighs 4740 grams more than 500 grams in 14 days. He has to wear bigger nappies now. But she said he looks really good and that he is doing so well and that we are doing a good job, so that's great.

I promise I will do personals from today onwards, unless I am super busy

Hi all

Bec Wonder if Erykah's unsettled night was due to the wind. She woke at 10, 11, 12 and 1.

I am full of cold and was not happy being up most of the night as I had a fever and ached all over.

DH worked from home today to help me.

Erykah was difficult to settle this morning but has spent most of the afternoon sleeping. Bless her.

Shannon Are they supposed to have a growth spurt at 10wks??

Could my milk be upsetting her as I am ill??

I just hope we get a better night tonight. I love her to bits and can't remember who asked but I kiss Erykah to death aswell.

Gonna go lay down again now

Jo

Hi

I'm always so impressed to hear about these massive sleeps some of your babies are doing. You realise how lucky you are? I would love just one night of 8 hours sleep!

We had a 5 week check up at the doctor today. Alexander is 57 cm long and weighs 4700grams now. He is out of 000 now and I am thinking about packing the little clothes away (for the next bub :-#). The doctor reckons he has colic, so we went and got some drops that he will take 15 minutes before every feed. I think it might be a challenge for us to do that sort of timing but we hope it will help him to feel better. Poor little bugger gets so grumpy. And we are pretty exhausted here too.

And now after 5 weeks of lots of tears and screaming...we got our first smile yesterday! and today many more!! He is so beautiful!!!

Heather - DH puts the website together and we both think up some captions! glad you get a chuckle from them. We have some new pics up now.

Gotta go, the little man is sleeping and I need to too!!

Well we had another 8 hour sleep and i think he would have slept for longer but he had wiggled his way all the way to the top of his cot, out from under all his blankets and he was quite cold poor little man. Thankfully we had his heater on as it was quite cold in sydney last night.

Brooke - mike plays bass with alex lloyd and they performed on sunrise yesterday and are playing on rove tonight.

Deb - i hope the colic drops work for you and that you get a nice long sleep soon. Ill get on your page now to look at your new photos

morning girls,

I've been MIA for a several days for a couple of reasons. Firstly because DH rebuilt the PC and secondly cause I've had major milk problems, which I think I'm finally overcoming.

When AF raised her ugly Monday last week, Blake went off my milk for a few days. We struggled by with a couple of formula top-ups as Blake, being such a big boy, has a big appetite and once he got over his 'starvingness' and realised he didn't really like the taste, refused to go back on the breast. And, as he went off my milk, my supply reduced.

Well after a lot of stress, a lot of water, plenty of good food and rest over the weekend, and Kerry's 'wonder drink' for milk supply, oh and I started taking Fenugreek yesterday, today Blake had his first feed without carrying on because there wasn't enough milk.

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch but I think we've passed the major hurdles. But for now I think I'll take it one feed at a time.

Hope you've all had good weekends and that your week has started well.
    xx

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi All

Jo That could have been the reason Erykah had an unsettled night, I wouldn't have thought it would bother them but I guess when you don't know what a sound is it's a bit scary.

Brooke I will I promise. Jonah is doing extremely well, going ahead in leaps and bounds. I'm in Melbourne And wishing the weather would get better so I can get Jonah out in the pram so I can lose weight too, stupid crappy weather.

Heather Wow, Alex Lloyd, will have to have a look at Rove and see if I can see Mike.

Rachel Awwww, poor you, sounds like you had a hellish time. Glad things are looking up, hope they stay that way for you.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse......

After I posted on Saturday, I started feeling quite blurghhh. I logged off here and got the boy down to sleep and then went and had a shower. My boob was getting sorer and sorer. I also started feeling quite crappy. After 1/2 hr in the shower I got out and felt like death warmed up. I also had a temp. By the time DH got home from baseball that evening (about 6.30pm) I was a dithering mess - feverish, starting to shake, crying and in lots and lots of pain. I said i thought I had mastitis and DH asked if I wanted him to ring the midwives which I did. They said to come straight into the hospital.

Long story shortened, it was mastitis and I have only just come home from the hospital. I was admitted Saturday evening and came out just then. My temp got to nearly 40oC and my boob was rock hard and red as a beetroot. I was on pethadine, humungus doses of IV antibiotics and panadiene forte. Nasty nasty stuff that mastitis. Good thing is, I feel 100% better than I did on Saturday and I have an oral course of penicillin to take.

BUT....

while I was in hospital, I got an extremely bad pain in my right side (just under my rib cage) that radiated through to my back. At first we thought it was referred pain from my boob, but now the dr thinks it might be my gall bladder and I might have gall stones they might have to remove!!!

WTF!!

What else can go wrong with me????? So I have an ultrasound appt on Friday to check that out. Sheesh.

Good news is, my nipple is fixed up. Not sore any more at all, so perhpas I did have some underlying infection that the swabs didn't pick up that has now been fixed with the massive doses of penicillin.

And I can't sing the praises highly enough of the midwives here. They were all soooo understanding and nice, even when I was a blubbering mess!!!

Gotta go and rest now. I'll check back tomorrow and do some personals.

Hayseed

Hi All! Hannah and I had our Mum's and Bub's group today. We had a lesson on baby massage. Hannah loved it and has been an angel all day! Must do that more often methinks! Other than that we haven't had the best couple of days (just a continuance of the DH job saga - have elaborated in the punching bag forum).

Ok gotta go...the angel is now screaming for attention - will get to personals later...

ttfn

Oh Hayseed honey, I'm so sorry to hear of all your troubles. I thought I had it bad with all my milk problems (and to me they were bad) but it sounds like you've had a doozie of a time!

I'm glad that they admitted you and sorted everything out. At least when you are in hospital there is no housework/cooking etc to do and you just have to lie there and get better. I imagine Thomas was there with you.

And it's great that your nipple is finally better. \/

Keep your chin up honey, with the gall stones. Hopefully that wont disrupt everything to do with your feeding. Might be worth expressing some milk and freezing it. If you have to have a general anaesthetic I don't think you can feed for a day or two (I could be wrong). Might be worth starting a stash of EBM in the freezer if you have to have surgery to have them removed (I don't know what you do for gall stones) - that is, as long as they're doing it within the next 3 months as that's how long EBM lasts in the freezer.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwww, hayseed, you poor dear, what a terrible thing you have been through. So glad that you are feeling better though. Sorry to hear you might have gall stones, that happened to a friend of mine after she had her baby too.

Hi girls,

Sorry, haven't been on much since last week. Have tried a few times but you know how it is...

Hayseed, you poor thing, glad you are feeling better.

Yay for AF!! it arrived last Thurs and the bleeding is getting heavy now. That explains why I had a high drive 10-14 days prior as I was O. Lucky DH and I abstained as I would hate to get pg now. So happy my body is back to normal and my cyle is good.

Will catch up on personals tomorrow, I have been doing budgeteting today and my morning exercise, eating, showering before 9am is working. Just need to get BB in too.

Hi all

Just quickly as we are going away but had to post. Erykah slept from 12 till 6:20. She fed at 11pm. So pleased.

Be back in a week

Jo

Morning everyone,

Hope you all had a good night sleep. DH's shift (baby feeding duties)finishes at 4am and I have had two 4:30 feeds in a row but I can't complain as I have had good nights sleep the rest of the time. So lucky.

Brooke - Hope Maya slept all night. Funny what you wrote about kissing Maya, I feel the same although I have had cold sores for the last week so couldn't kiss Amy. DH kisses her to make up for it, not fair! There are lots of us BB girls in Melb so we could do a meet up to time with your visit. Love the smileys

Juliette - Hope you have recovered from the flu now, the timing is not always good. I replied to your Punching Bag you poor thing. We are doing massage at our first mothers group on the 31st, some babies just love it and it is so good for them.

Hayseed - My SIL had gall stones soon after her caesar and she had to go back to hospital to have her gall blader removed. Hope you are feeling okay.

Bec - It is going to be 18 degrees today in Melb so it will be so nice going for a walk. Agree that Melb weather has been crappy lately. Glad Johah is going well.

Rachel - That's great news that you have increased your milk supply and Blake is feedig better.

Heather - I missed your post about Rove, I watched a bit of it but missed the playing.

Megan - Your pictures look great.

Shannon - Hope you are enjoying the weather in Bris and your time away from sunny Melb. That is so cute about Jess spitting out her medicine then smiling, probably not cute at the time though. I will check out your post about the vacuum. We got a Dyson a few months ago and it is fantastic. Finally a vacuum that picks up the dog hair properly (not sure what type you got).

Jo - Enjoy your trip, hope you flu is over now.

Hi Angel and Kate and anyone else I missed.

Who recommended the Fisher Price Kick and Whirl Carnival?? We bought it and Amy will love playing with it (she loves watching the lights already).

Amy is lying next to me on her playmat. She is smiling now which is great and has been smiling but then frowning as she is so tired and should be in bed. What do you dress your babies in? I have only put on an outfit twice in 6 weeks because the jumpsuits/grosuits look so comfortable and warm and socks don't stay on. I have so many cute outfits and will dress Amy more now she is a little older.

Have a great day!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast