Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05

Megan - Finlay sounds like he is doing well. He is about the same size as Alex.
    As for sleeping we are just starting to get 4-5hrs at the start of the evening then after a feed he will go back to 3. It has been better since we moved him in to his own room as i don't wake to ever sound.

I have just put Alex to bed and i am hoping he will sleep for ages i will let you all know in the morning how long he sleeps for.

Hope everyones babies sleep well for them tonight.

Debbie Lee Guest

Welcome to the new thread, Megan and Finlay! 1 month old already! That seems fast from this end. As for the sleeping thing - Fi said pretty much what I would say. Give it time, stick to routines and it will get there. A bed-time routine is pretty important imo. With Gabby, I give her a bottle in her room where it is nice and quiet (no tv noise and I don't talk to her - just smile) and I also make sure she has had a good solid hour of play before-hand so that she is nice and tired (but I won't keep going if she is too grizzly). Trying to get them down at the same time each night helps but it's not always possible. On week-nights, Gab tends to go down between 9-10pm but on weekends it may not be until 11-12am depending on if we have been out and about.

Fi - having babies close together is definitely a good thing. They will play so well together. Like everyone says, it'll be hard work (though I reckon it's hard work either way you cut it) but worth it in the end. I will definitely take my hat off to you! Sometimes my mind wanders to "what if" we started TTC sooner too but the thought terrifies me.

Michelle - I hope you got a good sleep out of Alex last night.

Megan - I'm with Deb and Fi on this one. Just maybe introduce a bed time routine, Matthew gets a bath, feed, cuddles and then down for bed. Once he gets older and doesn't feel asleep on my boob as he does now, we'll start reading him a book. We also make the house quiet, low telly, low lighting, just so he knows hopefully that it's time for sleep.

Michelle - I hope Alex had a better nights sleep for you.

Fi - forgot to say earlier, yay at selling Lara, so glad it didn't take too long. As for the runny poos, I'm pretty sure that all b/f bubs get them at this age? I know Matty's are always runny? Might ask the girls in b/f chatter.

Dee - Hope Matthew is okay. My Matty woke up with a bit of a yucky cough so will have to keep an eye on him.

Welcome Megan and Finlay to the 1 - 3 month thread. Great to hear that Finlay is putting on such great weight. Re the sleep department, I don`t have any tips at all Matthew is all over the place with his night routine, he has given us 3 nights of 9 hours and a few of 7 but mainly it`s 5 and Friday night was a shocker. At night I always do the same rotine with him but I never know how much sleep I`ll get.

Fi - Yep I`m another year older and greyer!!!! But then look whos talking, you`ll be a year older soon

Michelle - How funny that Alex and Matthew were awake at the same times on Friday night. How was your night last night?. Yep I`ll been hit by wee, most of the time I`m lucky enough to grab his blanket, once though he hit me by surprise and actually got me down the sleeve of my winter dressing gown, nice!!!!!

Nell - Matthew`s fine he seems a lot happier today then yesterday which I`m now putting down to an upset tummy. oh no I hope Matthew`s okay and the cough doesn`t develop into anything. Matthew`s the same as your Matthew and Jenna his poos are always runny, but the midwife did tell me that was the normal colour and consistency so I gather it`s the same when they get older.

Well my Darling Mark has been in a strange mood the last few days not sure why and he`s not 100% sure why either, it`s very unusual for him but he did mention his Dad and greiving so I think it`s all starting to hit him, he`s been very distant with me to the point I don`t know what to do to help him so last night in bed I did ask him if he`d like a cuddle, it`s normally something we do every night but as I say he was distant, he said he felt a little better after it and this morning after milking he seemed to be in a better mood, it`s just so hard, especially considering his Dads death hasn`t been solved by the police yet and it keeps coming up as to all these reasons why he died plus it`s been all over the media as well.

Matthew must have worn himself out yesterday with not much sleep as he slept from 10pm to 5.30am, he probably would have slept longer but I was leaking everywhere Put him back to bed at 6am where he grunted and moaned to himself until sometime after 7am, I then managed to have an hours sleep then. I think Matthew had an upset tummy yesterday due to what MIL cooked for my birthday dinner, he was very windy to the stage where I actually blamed Alister for the smell, telling him a baby doesn`t smell that bad it must be him but then it happened again when Matthew and I were alone and it wasn`t me LOL so oops sorry Alister

Mark and I were talking more about TTC this morning, Mark saying if I get pg in the next couple of months the baby will be due around Matthew`s birthday then Mark got worried as to who will look after Matthew if I do need a c/s next time but I`m not worried about that I`m sure Marks Mum would love to look after him, after all I have to get pg first, it only took 13 days after coming of the pill last time but it could be longer this time, no guarantee especially when bfing.

Take Care

Deeanne

I forgot to say I can`t believe Matthew is 2 months old today, where did that time go :-k

Happy 2 months Matthew!

I am glad he is feeling better Dee.

oopss, my little man is waking and coughing - oh no...

Wow i can't believe Matthew is already 2 months old.

Alex did not sleep any better last night i was still up twice i guess it is better than 3 or 4 times.

LOL on the older and greyer Dee. I still swear that was a painted hair I plucked a month or so ago - it wasn't grey!!! 8-[
    Myabe you are right about the grieving thing. Sometimes these things do take a while to hit us, and lets face it - the last couple of months have been filled with quite a bit of other business!!

Bad news about Lara - the sale hasn;t been signed sealed and delivered yet. It turns out that the offer isn' a cash unconditional offer - the people's house they are selling isn't definite yet, so there will be some conditions built into the sale. Probably not too much to get worried about yet - at least we still have an interested person. We will probably get the contracts signed on Tuesday, and settlement will still be the same date. Its so hard being patient as I had already spent the money in my head!!

Neighbours hada noisy party last night. I was fine with it going until about midnight, but it kept going, and going so finally at about 1am I called the police. Turns out it was already on their books!! They kept goiong with the karaoke until about 2am, and then I must have either fallen asleep or maybe the cops came and it all got quiet. We were very tempted to get the chainsaw out at 6am this morning!!!!! And the whippersnipper, and the mower, and the harley.

Keep up the patience Michelle - Alex will come right soon I'm sure! And twice is much better than 3 or 4 times!

Fi

Welcome Megan and Finlay! Way to go having a night out with DH. You sound much more relaxed and confident too, which is great!

That's pretty rough Fi - surely your neighbours would know that you have a little one? Some people can be really inconsiderate. That's one thing I don't miss about city living (though there are plenty of things I do miss!) Hope all goes well with the contracts & settlement.

Wow Dee! Happy 2 months little Matthew! I can soooo relate to wondering where all the time went. I remember thinking that 2 months seemed like such a long time when Hannah was born....now it's only 2 weeks away. Not looking forward to the immunisations though. I think it's tougher on Mums than it is on bubs! Hope Matthew is feeling better?

Michelle - hope you and Alex get a better sleep tonight...

Nell - Hope Matty's cough doesn't turn into anything. It's a terrible season for it. I have a cough at the moment, and I am just praying that Hannah doesn't get it too.

As for us, Hannah hasn't been sleeping very well at all. She is so alert and active during the day (alert but not alarmed!) - I wasn't expecting that at 6 weeks! She's lovely though. I love the smiles and we are having "conversations" now (consisting of "oooh" and "ahhhh" and "baaa" and "ga"). So cute. At night she is still getting up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours. It's driving me nuts! She just wants to feed constantly. No wonder, with all the growing she's been doing. She was 3650g born and is now 5100g at 6 weeks! If I weren't breastfeeding I'd be worried that she was putting on too much, but they say you can't overfeed a breastfed baby...

She's been a little angel today. I'm the secretary for the local ALP branch, and she was passed around the branch and sat calmly on my knee while I typed up the minutes.

As for TTC - I am now thinking it would be nice to have another soon We might try for a gap of between 1 year and 18 months I think....

Hey everyone

Well what a bunch of chatters you have all been, thought i would come on here and have a quick look and took me ages to catch up!

Have just read so much that i have forgotten most of it already lol.

Well it seems i am definately normal on the thinking about another one, seems like an epidemic in here of thinking and planning. I think it was you Fi that mentioned only hearing positive comments about having them close together, i have also had a positive comment also, i just keep picturing them going to school really close together and me being free
    And although i have a big age gap at the moment, i find that can be hard because Luke is outside playing and i dont know where he is so have to go outside looking for him all the time. At least with a baby and toddler i will know where they both are.

Shannon: I havent talked to hubby about it as yet, as Mason has decided to scream most of the mornings away with wind pain, so not the best time to bring up another one lol.
    Also on the tooth fairy i am the same and get over generous with Luke, but he has only lost 2 teeth so far at 7 so havent had much of chance to be generous really.

Glad everyone else is going well, i have read every post just cant remember it all sorry.

Things are still going well here, besides the wind pain of course, had the tap running water today and he was quiet listening to that, found anything that diverts his attention seems to work to take his mind off his baby problems. Got my first proper smile last night Luke and bright plastic things have been getting them but not me! Well finally he gave in and smiled for a few minutes so was nice. Makes listening to him whinge and whine worth it. Have been telling him if he doesnt settle down i will be dropping him at the fire station (like they can do in america if they want to give up there kids), threat doesnt seem to bother him though.
    Luke has written a poem for Mason so have printed it out to put in his baby album, sure they will laugh about it in years to come. Of course the word fart is in it, he is such a boy

On the sleep front, Mason slept from 9.30pm last night and hubby ended up waking him up at 6.30am for a feed, so that was good. Luke was around 5 wks when he slept through so hoping that is what he is doing now also. But secretly i would prefer him to wake up during the night because i dont do that feed. Now i am going to get woken at 6am instead of 8am. I hate getting up early!

Hubby was off work all week due to weather and will be going back tommorow, so no more tag teams for me, no one to hand him off too. I will survive i am sure, just whinging about it

Well anyway will stop rambling now

Take care everyone
    Belinda

ARGHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I am over her tonight!! She is so windy and farty, and she wont settle. Shane is no bloody use cause he can't move, I finally got her to sleep in bed with me, and then he came in crashing and banging with his crutches. She is awake and SCREAMING!!! So I have gotten a bottle of boiled water for her, and shane can feed her that. For once I dont care how much he gives her, I know she has been fed plenty tonight, I have given her booby 3 times since about 6pm, and she has guzzled every time. Hopefully just another growth spurt.

Grrrrr

Belinds - great to hear you guys are doing well - excpet the wind of course. It drives me mental too - so I am with you on all of that!

Fi

Can completly sympathise with you on the screaming and wind!
    Only thing i find that works is diversion, go blow dry your hair and pretend you are really going out on a great date, she might scream when you turn it off but you will have nice thoughts for a few minutes anyway
    Ok really i am no help to you at all
    Hope she settles down for you soon though and you get some sleep.

Take care
    Belinda

Hi all

Well Erykah is a month today do my details get added??

I too have been up till 4am with wind nightmare 3 nights in a row and I am a zombie.

DH is workin from home today as he was kept awake by both of us cryin.

gonna try and settle her back down now after 7.30 feed

Jo [-o<

Welcome Jo and Erykah

Alex feed heaps yesterday think he is having another growth sprut. Just glad he slept better last night. DH got him to sleep around 10p.m woke at 1 i think it was then i was half awake then woke at 6a.m he was trying to wake before that but he was not screaming so i left him till he was.

Fi - Hope you managed to get some sleep last night. How long will DH be out of action ?

Welcome Jo and Erykah!! The months are just rolling by so quickly aren't they? Wind is a killer, cause it seems liek there is nothing you can do to stop it once they are burping and farting and wriggling and screaming! I usually just try tofed on it, and distract them. Apparently it can also help push the wind from the tummy through to the bowels, and they push it out in a fart, but its still a nightmare. Of course its all related to my diet, so those few pieces of chocolate I had on Saturday night are bcak to haunt us!!!!

Michelle - Shane is on crutches until Wednesday at least, and off work until next week, although we will see the surgeon on Thursday, and hopefully he will get that extended by another couple of weeks. Last knee he went back too early, and he knee took a very long time to heal - like 6 months???

Baby and daddy still in bed, so I guess I should get all the housework done before I'm required for milking.....
    Fi

Welcome Jo and Erykah

Hope you ended up having a better night Fi

I just tried to get Mason to self settle in bassinet and all was going great, thought if he hasnt settled in 15mins will give up, so go check on him and he is asleep, thought yah, then the girl from across the road come over and bashed on my door and woke him up!!!!

GGrr, now he is in bouncer whinging cause he is overtired!!

Damn neighbours!!

Well that is my whinge for the day

Well just as i typed this Luke was pushing bouncer around and got him to sleep, what a great kid

Take care
    Belinda

Jo, details all added.

Happy 1 month Erykah!

Woo hoo! Hannah slept for 4 hours then 3 hours last night! It felt so good to sleep! Such a relief after a week of hourly wakings....

She's wide awake today though. But mostly smiles, so it's a pleasure to hang out with her.

Anyhow, we're off to town to take back some DVD's and do a variety of other little odd jobs....

Hope everyone and their little bubs are well. I'll be back later!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast