Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05

Juliette: Yah for the great night sleep Makes a big difference doesnt it
    And yah for the smiles, i have scared Mason off smiling because of the stupid camera and the flash stunning him! He goes to smile then decides not too, probally thinks the light is going to go in his eyes, sure he will start again soon.

Fi - At least you don't have Shane on crutches to much longer.

Juliette - Hope Hannah keeps sleeping like that for you. It is nice when you are able to get some sleep

Shannon - I wish i was 29 again

Have put some new pictures on Alex's website.

Hey again

Am bored so thought i would post the poem Luke wrote for Mason

Baby boy he farts a lot
    he fills his nappy lots and lots
    we think its crappy
    but he seems happy
    when he smiles
    i wonder what he is thinking
    what if he is thinking we dont
    look good
    or he could be thinking
    that he doesnt look good
    or he could be thinking
    goo goo ga ga

What the ?

From Luke

As you can see i am really bored

Take care
    Belinda

Belinda - That was very sweet of Luke to write that for Mason. It brought a smile to my face.

I'm going to print it off and when i am feeling down i will read it to make me smile again

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Belinda! That's soooo cute!

That is the cutest poem Belinda! Luke is so clever!

Belinda - what a cute poem. Isn't Luke a little angel?? I love the fact its to do with poos too!

Shannon - mammoth post from you huh? Too much time on your hands?? You can come here and look after my lot too if you aren't busy. Maybe that message goes to Belinda as well. And as for age - I've got another 10 years of breeding left in me - just poor old shane shouldn't be a 50 year old with a new born. Doesn't seem fair somehow.

Shane was just jiggling Jenna and talking to her (in a good way) and she giggled so much!!! I was talking to Mum on the phone, and we were cacking ourselves laughing!

Yum - I've just had a pile of blue cheese. It will no doubt affect missy moo, and her wind will get worse, but oh well. It tasted SOOOO good going down!! A glass of red would be perfect right now!

Fi

LOL on the ticker Shannon - it just goes to show that we have identical (and may I say impeccable!!!) taste in things. i wonder if it has much to do with the fact we are nearly twins agewise??

Fi and Shannon - I love both your tickers. I am just loving the ones with the piccies in them - too cute.

I am 32, so only 3 years left of good breeding in me - I know some say longer but we'll see how we go.

Aw shucks Shannon, I like those kind of compliments. Also you didn't read the Meet the Mods profiles too closely then did you? Hmmmm, says my age right there!

Belinda - such a good peom, hope you'll keep that to show Mason when he gets older.

Blue Cheese and Red wine... yummm...

Had an appointment with the Maternal Child health nurse this afternoon. She asked if Erykah was a fast drinker and did she end up coughing

Well funny she asked cos I was gonna tell her I was worried as she comes off the breast sometimes in coughing fits, unable to breathe as if the milk has gone down the wrong pipe.

She said that this was my milk coming too fast and her drinking. She is getting too much of the fore milk which is rich in sugar which her enzymes are unable to digest which then in turn sits in her tummy fermenting into gas. Hence the sleepless nights.

I have to express milk before I feed her and if she wants to feed within 2 hours of the last feed use the same breast. When put her down to sleep I have to put her on her side with cushions either side of her to ensure she can't roll and have the bassinett at 30 degree angle (already did that).

I hope this helps solve our problems. Wonder how long it will take to see results could do with a night of sleep.

Oh and she has put on 1lb in weight in 2wks. She is thriving on my milk it seems. Bless her.

Oh well she is safely asleep for now and when she wakes I will bath her as she loves a bath and a massage. Who wouldn't.

Hope all have a good nights sleep

Jo

Hey again

I love this time of night when everyone else is asleep
    I should be too but havent been able to sleep the last few nights, was so thankful that hubby woke up Mason this morning and fed him before work so he didnt wake me till nearly 9am.

Thanks for the comments on Luke's poem, he wanted to add wee to it as well, but i thought it would be getting carried away lol. I have printed it out and going to add it to Mason's album that i have made so they can laugh about it later.

At least his smile is back now that he is over the flash of the camera incident, and he is just starting to try and laugh so that is cute.

Just watched a story on the news about lullabies, and how Mum's singing beats out the electronic stuff, and the tone of the mothers voice is the fastest thing to calm them down, was interesting.
    I dont shutup talking and singing so i am probally creating another Luke, who is happy to admit he talks way too much.

On another note i am so nervous about bringing up the TTC with hubby, i know he wont care but i think once he is agreeable it will be all too real, kinda scary really. Its on the tip of my tongue so no doubt i will just blurt it out to him very soon.

TAke care
    Belinda

Good morning all!

Wow...another night of SLEEP!!! Just as well too....'cos I'm getting this horrible flu. Hopefully sleeping well will help me fight it off.... Hannah slept for 6 hours for the first time ever. I got up at 5 hours and started worrying (silly, silly!). It's funny...I've been begging her to sleep and when she does I get all worried that there's something wrong! Babies are so erratic and unpredictable with their routines...one day it's one thing, and the next they're doing the opposite. Guess it keeps us mums on our toes...

She's in her swing at the moment, fast asleep. Ahhhh....gotta love her.

Shannon - hope you can sort out Jess' sleeping a bit. Hannah was doing that all last week. Just stuffing around when she woke up in the night. Take advantage of the time to nap, and all the best for your 6 week check.

Belinda - I bet Luke and Mason will have a ball reading through that poem in the future. You'll have to have Luke read it to him at his 18th or 21st! Glad Mason has decided it's safe to smile again. I just can't get enough of Hannah's smiles. I saw that news story re: the lullaby singing too. I need to learn some more calming type songs...I usually sing Hannah all the funny ones I know, and it just gets her excited (my favourite is "Little bunny foo foo" - did anyone else learn that as a kid? Very cute.)

Jo - Hannah's a fast drinker too, and tends to cough in the first part of a feed. Little piggies! I hope the expressing is the answer, and that you and little Erykah get a good nights sleep soon. At least you know she's thriving on your milk. It is so satisfying to see them growing and you know that it's your milk making them grow!

Nell - You've got a few years yet to pop out a few more! Your mod profile says you're keen on having four! That's the number Tim and I have picked out too....seems like a good size for a family. Better get cracking...

Fi - Jenna's giggling sounds so cute. I can't wait for Hannah to start laughing and giggling. Thanks for mentioning yummy cheeses. I will now have to go out and pick up a Brie.

I`m down in Sydney for the day and so much has happened here.

Shannon - Good Luck with your 6 week appointment, as you saw I just had mine last week at 8.5 weeks as when I rang and asked for my appointment in 2 weeks (Matthew was 4 weeks at the time) the receptionist said it would be when Matthew is 2 months, later I gatherede my OB must like to see his women at 8 weeks in the hope they have stopped bleeding but as it turned out I had AF and was still bleeding, I told him that but he said a little bit of blood doesn`t worry him so I had my pap done plus he checked to see if my pelvic floor was aok, is this a normal routine checking the pelvic floor???? Yes Mark`s Dad death is still unsolved, perhaps I hadn`t mentioned it with everything else going on - Ken has just taken up spear fishing in the last 18 months and the day he died he was going to come with Mark`s Mum to see us but at the last minute decided to go spear fishing as he hadn`t been for a few days due to the weather conditions anyway at first we were told that he possibily died of a heart attack but the autopsy showed no cause of death at all so it was then in the coroners hands where we were told that he had a mark on his forehead and some bruising on the back of his head, maybe from a boat hitting head, so this all went to the media looking for the owners of a yellow boat seen in the area, the owners did come forward but aren`t sure if they hit him or not, the other possibilty is that Ken had an epilectic fit and drown and hit his head on the rocks - nothing adds up to us as for one Ken`s not an epilectic, he doesn`t venture too far out to where the boats are and is always very careful, so as you can see it`s all unsolved. Sorry about the long details.

Joh - Welcome to the 1 - 3 month thread. Matthew does the same coughs after each feed and often when he`s just starting off, he drinks quickly plus I`ve also got a fast let down, he`ll be finished in 10 minutes but he`s also got a bit of reflux it doesn`t worry him but when it comes back out he decided he`s hungry again and back to feeding we go.

Belinda - Luke`s poem is beautiful. Let us know about your TTC plans. Mark left it all up to me but made it quite clear he wants more, I`m now at the stage where I`m really excited about having another one, I really miss being pregnant.

Fi and Nell - I had to laugh when you both have mentioned X amount of breeding years you have left that`s how we talk about our female cats , talking about that we got the bill in for our cat`s c/s and we were totally horrified at the price, it added a few more grey hairs!!!!!

Fi - Mark also mentioned to me he doesn`t want to be 50 with a young baby but that will be impossible with me as we`re 7 years apart, can`t see me having a newborn at 43. How cute of Jenna giggling such a lot.

My topic review doesn`t allow me to go back any further so I hope everyone is well and babies are well and hopefully sleeping.

Matthew has his 2 month needles tomorrow, my poor baby boy, brought some Panadol for him so will give him some before we leave.

We had a good trip to Sydney and back yesterday, Matthew is a very good boy in the car, I thought we better make the effort and see my Mum and her BF, our relationship will never be the same again after how much she has hurt me but as I say to Mark I can forgive but can`t forget and I want to make the effort for Matthew`s sake, anyway we had a fairly good day but Mum did make me a bit upset, we mentioned to her about SIDS and how your suppose to lay them on their back but the problem is the babies will develop a bit of a flat head like Matthew has, her comment was she wondered why his head was shaped like that and said she`d be sleeping him on his side, so now I feel like I`ve been doing the wrong thing and he should be on his side, his head isn`t too bad and I`ve read that once he`s up and about it will go back into position but if it doesn`t you have to let the Dr know by 12 months of age. So am I doing the wrong thing or not???

Take Care

Deeanne

Juliette - we were posting at the same time. Yay for Hannah for having a great sleep. Sorry to hear your getting the flu, it`s awful and seems to be going around everwhere. So your another one wanting 4 babies, I am too which would mean Mark will end up with 6.

Take Care

Deeanne

Shannon - thank you for your reassurance that I`m doing the right thing by Matthew, Mum`s comment really upset me she also brought it up another time. Hope Jess settles down for you, how did your appointment go?

Hey again

Well i have had a good day, Luke went to a friends place for a few hours and Mason slept most of the time he was gone, Luke's friend cried when Luke had to go, thought that was sweet.
    This morning he screamed through most of my shower though, but cant win them all

Deeanne: Like Shannon said dont doubt yourself, and although its hard to just forget comments ppl say try to not let them take up too much of your time.

Shannon: Hope your checkup went well, have to organise mine too i guess, but dont want to go to my doctor if they look at your stitches and stuff, just dont feel comfortable with him going there lol. What do they actually do for it anyway?
    And also your doctor must be wondering about the results she keeps getting like you said.

Fi: So cute about the laughing with Shane

Well i shall go do something i guess, have actually washed all the baby clothes, done bottles and dishes so not too bad for the day.

Take care
    Belinda

Hey Dee! I see we were posting at the same time....

It'd be a pretty crazy household with 6 kids - but fun. I'd like heaps of kids, but I guess I have to think about what we can realistically afford! 4 seems do-able. All the best for tomorrow & Matthew's immunisations. I am dreading taking Hannah in a couple of weeks.

re: the SIDS thing & sleeping on their backs...I've been told the same thing - that their heads won't stay flat and once they're more mobile they should go back to a normal shape. It's definately more of a hazard to lay them on their front or sides than having a bit of a flat head for a while. You're doing the right thing according to all the SIDS guidelines. Your Mum obviously isn't up with the latest research and recommendations. My Mum put Hannah to sleep on her side once when I went to visit her in Brissy. I flipped when I saw it. I was made to feel like I was being too obsessive and a worry-wart...but as far as I am concerned you can never be too careful and if there is anything I can do to reduce the risks I will do it!!! Anyhow - you're a great Mum and you're doing the right thing.

Hi all

Well I got my baby back the one who sleeps etc etc...

We had a much better night with Erykah and she woke at midnight, 2 and 6:30. It was much quicker getting her back down as there was less wind causing her pain.

Her tummy has gone down loads. We couldn't get her to sleep in her bassinet but she was happy sleeping on her side in the rocker.

She is now back to her 4 hourly feeding pattern and I feel like a new woman as I had a decent nights sleep. As does DH.

Just been on a shopping spree and she was a little angel.

Best go a she is waking for a feed

Jo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast