Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05

phew.. sorry i havent been around much.. way too many personals to catch up on so ill just do a bit bout how were going and catch up later, ill try and come in more often but at the moment ive only been bothered to do a couple of posts at a time.. u know how it is lol

well were doing ok, chloe was weighed last monday and she weighed 5.760kilos which is pretty good, shes on the 90th percentile, her weight gain is starting to slow down now though..
    had her 2 mths immunsation on monday too and she was not happy, it was so sad when the needle wnet in she was ok then the bottom lip went and then she started bawling, felt so sorry for her, as i did with josh too shes been pretty grumpy since but shes back to sleeping through.. phew .. it was a nightmare being used to her sleeping through then her being unsettled, so very glad shes back to semi normal.

she holds her head for a about 2 mins at a time and is starting to turn it while holding it herself (she can turn it when lying on the floor with ease) but she looks like a robot when holding ehr head up and turning it) lol, she loves the TV everytime i try to burp her she will turn her head to face the tv and she has a fascination for our ceiling fan aswell..

I dunno what age they start to chuckle but I could of sworn she did a little one this morning when i tickled her feet accidently, i cant remember what age josh did it..

anyway that will do for now, hope everyone else is doing great and ill try and come back later
    take care
    Lesley

Hey lesley - great to see you back in here. You have certainly been AWOL for a while? And good to hear that Chloe is doing well.

YAY SHANNON!!!! That is great you got a nights sleep!!! Jenna has started waking up for a 4-5am feed, and its not so bad at the mo cause I can stay in bed to do it as Shane doesn't have to get up for work. He hates hearing the gulping noises as she is feeding.....
    And those cheesy chucks are the WORST!! All I can say is if thats the only problem Jenna has for the next little while, I'm OK with it. I hope her tummy settles down by the time we attack solids!

Shane and jenna are having a nap. Its very cute when they curl up in bed together. Of course - I already have a mountain of photos of them doing it, so it seems silly to take more!

Fiona

Hi all

Had a much better night last night. Now I have time to put a reply. I don;t know if she does have reflux as the doctor only thought she might as I said she didn't like being put down.

However she slept flat in my bed this morning. She doesn't throw up or anything like that but the doctor said by giving her zantac would help rule out if it was.

We now wrap her tightly which I didn't do. She is a different baby again today after a decent amount of sleep she seems to sleep much better as she isn't overtired.

I was not getting the tired signals at all well I was never told what to look out for. Anyway the doctor told me grizzly and jerky. I put this down to wind not tiredness!!!

Anyway a friend today gave me a booklet she was given when she had her son and it is all about settling. She got it at her mother and baby group (mine hasn't started yet.)

I have read through the booklet and intend to try their methods.

She has slept well today through the day and we are going out to friends tonight so looking forward to adult conversation.

Hopefully we have found a solution to our problems and I will keep you updated.

At the moment I feel like a new woman able to cope with whatever is thrown at me totally different to yesterday when I was a crying wreck!!

Have a good weekend all

Jo

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post from me.
    We are still all sick i have now got DH home with it also he came home yesterday lunch time.
    All Kimberley wants to do is sleep so that helps a little.

Did manage to take Alex to be weighed this morning he is now 5.050kilos which is good.

I will try and catch up soon

Testing

I tried to reply yesterday and it did not work. Don't want to write too much till I know it will post.

Jo

Hey everyone

Hope you all had a good weekend so far, i had a friend over yesterday so we drank most of the afternoon and night so was a good day, just couldnt sleep later on which i wasnt happy about.

Poor hubby has had a good week, wednesday he had a car accident, luckily not much damage and him and other guy were ok, then thursday and chunk of metal pierced his work boot and went into the bottom of his foot, then friday him and his mate got stranded out at sea in the boat. So at least he got his run of bad luck out of the way.

All is well here, was talking to a friend and was saying i dont think Mason weighs enough, so over the phone we are looking at the percentile charts in the baby books, and he was way underwieght so she is saying get him to pediatrician etc, then i double checked our figures, we were looking at a 6mths old weight not 6wks lol, how embarrasing if i went to doctor. He is in the average range lol, he weighs 4.2kgs

Shannon great that you got the good nights sleep, i am the same here he is up a lot during the day and can get grizzly but sleeps great at night, its a catch 22 really.

Hope everyone else is going well, will reply more later

Also finally got that smile on camera so had to share it He was smiling at the computer desk draw lol but i got the pics so whatever gets him there

Take care
    Belinda

Well I am still having a mare with her on a night. She settles easy during the day and now can get her down after a bath by 7pm on a night but she woke at midnight tonight and DH gave her a bottle of EBM and she eventually settled for 1/2hr then wide awake and really unsettled.

We are not self settling anymore but even when we hold her she was cryin. Anyway it is my shift to see to her and I gave her some milk and she is now in the rocker in front of the washer I am hoping this may help as little else works with her.

Last night was awful well we went to friends and she was the angel we once knew she slept from 6pm till 10:30 then fed and was asleep when we left at 1am. She then woke up when I got her home and was still awake at 7am!!!!!!!

Was not happy as DH went out clubbin and I was left to manage and when he did return he was no use as too drunk and went to sleep so he got to have a night out and sleep.

I am unsure what to do and will be calling the nurse again monday as can't carry on like this. We do not think its reflux the doctor was tryin to eliminate problems but she does not throw up just seemed to hate lying flat.

washer has not worked she is still upset.

All I want is to have her sleep between feeds even if its 2 hours at least I would get some sleep.

Think she is asleep now so will go try putting her down.

Thanks for listening any advice would be great at least I am not cryin feelin like a failure since thursday

Jo

Hey Jo,

Try not to get too stressed about routines and sleep patterns and the like. The first 6 weeks or so (at least!!!) are just about survival! Things that work one day, probably wont work the next, and its just a matter of being really imaginative. I know this probably doesn't help given you are sleep deprived, but just keep chugging along.
    And tell DH he should not be going out clubbing all night with a newborn!!!! That is no help to you at all!!! Get him to wait another month before he resumes his social life.
    Have you tried co-sleeping when she wont settle? Have alook on the internet about it, and the rules for safe co-sleeping, and maybe give that a whirl when she is really unsettled. It works a charm with Jenna, as does wrapping. Luckily Shane is usually the one who cuddles her in bed, but not when he's been drinking. He sort of rolls her towards him, and wraps his arms around her and just pats her while rocking. After a little while she settles and he can then spread out a bit more.
    And nothing beats a boobie when a breastfed baby is unsettled!! Even if she has just been fed, chuck it in and it usually works like a charm. Dont worry about the feeding rules of 2 hours. Whatever gets yout hrough the night at this point!
    I found daytime settling didn't start to work until Jenna was about 10-12 weeks old, but every baby is different. You might be lucky!

Belinda - poor hubby!!! How did he get picked up at sea? Or did they swim to shore? It has been that bloody cold here. Brrrrrr swimming in the sea fills me with terror! LOL on the weight chart. Great smile!

Michelle- great weight on Alex! Hopefully the sick bugs all pass you by soon.

Netball yesterday. My god it was cold!!!!! It rained all day, and would have been lucky to be 10degrees. Netball is a crazy outdoor sport sometimes. Luckily I didn't play, just watched my girsl who played really well.

And my big woohoo - jenna rolled over yesterday! Finally! She's been so close fo the last week, and then last night - Plop, over she went. Shane didn't see so we pooped her back on her tummy - plop, over again! So very happy mummy here.

Fi

Belinda - Poor DH sounds like he`s in the wars, hopefully that will be the end of it. LOL at the weights.

Michelle - Sorry to hear that you all still sick, hope you all get over it quickly and yay at Alex`s weight.

Fi - I didn`t mean to make you feel jealous, I didn`t even think about Jenna and her half brothers/sister I should have been considerate - sorry. Hopefully one day they will meet Jenna, I myself have 5 brothers/sisters from Dad`s first marriage and they don`t want to know me or my younger sister, they are into their 40`s now and live in England. woohoo at Jenna rolling over, Matthew has decided he doesn`t really like being on his tummy on the floor but is ok with it if he`s on his tummy on the change mat or our laps, I keep telling him how is he suppose to learn if he doesn`t like being on his tummy on the floor.

Shannon - LOL at swapping our next children with each other. Woohoo at having an all night sleep.

Lesley - great to see you, I`m with you with them being grumpy after their needles, Matthew had his on Wednesday and he hasn`t been himself at all since, today he seems a bit better though.

Jo - I wouldn`t worry too much about the self settling, Matthew only does it occasionally at night, I`m not worried I just swing with the tide but I know how hard the first few weeks are, it wasn`t until Matthew hit 2 months that I started to feel like myself again. A lot of what the MCHN says isn`t very useful, when Matthew was 7 weeks she told us not to cuddle him to sleep to put him into bed as soon as he`s looking tired, I`ve just taken that as a grain of salt if I want to cuddle him to sleep I do, she also told us not to leave him in his rocker asleep, I don`t really know why. Your a great Mother and these few weeks are very hard, I always take Matthew into bed at night with me to feed and put him back once he`s asleep, sometimes I don`t and we both fall asleep, maybe this would be worth a go if you haven`t tried it afterall they have been so close to us in utero it must be awful when they can no longer hear our heartbeat.

I have to go Matthew has decided bed`s not for him.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hi All,

It is soooo cold and windy here today.

Hannah hasn't been sleeping very well these last few days, and I'm just exhausted. She's waking every 1 - 2 hours all night long. She's putting on heaps of weight (she's at the 90th percentile for her age in height and weight) and I just don't see that she needs to feed that often! I'm feeding her every 2 hours during the day too (she's demanding to be fed that often). She is stuffing around at the breast too - and sometimes hurting me. But when I take her off and try to figure out what else could be wrong she cries and won't settle until I offer her the breast again. Can't win! Last night I got so frustrated I just had to put her back in her bassinette and let her cry for a while. I felt terrible, but I wasn't game to pick her up because I was getting so upset and angry myself. Tim had a pillow over his head through all this mind you!

I'm gonna go nuts if she doesn't sleep soon! She seems to alternate between having a few days and nights of reasonable sleeping, and then a few awake days and nights. Very unpredictable.

Oh well. I am trying to tell myself that this will pass (please tell me it will!!!).

On another note, I was thinking of putting something on lay-by for Hannah for Christmas at one of the big toy sales that are on at the moment. Is anyone else going to do this? Apparently there is no minimum deposit....then I can just pay it off at $10 a week or something like that. I just have no idea what to get her. Any ideas? What would a 7 month old like? I guess anything that says 6m plus would be ok. Does anyone know what those leap pad things are like? What's all the rage with kids toys these days?!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Hannah's wanting another feed...be back later for the personals...

Juliette - I`d recommend getting the Fisher price Kick N Whirl Carnival, we brought it a few weeks back and Matthew is just starting to enjoy it himself so I can imagine by 7 months Hannah will just love it. If I go to the sales I`m going to buy, buy, buy and looking in Mark`s wardrobe it`s full of fisher price toys for Matthew for Christmas but I think it will also overflow to his first birthday, he`s got too many to give them to him at once, I think I better start buying some books and clothes for him. It sounds like Hannah is going through a growth spurt, I understand completely when you say she wants to be fed all the time Matthew can have days like that also it might be because of their size they need more I don`t really know, Matthew is in the 97th percentile and at times when MIL has been here she often says are you feeding him again???? She likes the old routine of every 4 hours and doesn`t understand demand feeding. It will get better as time goes by as I said to Jo it wasn`t until Matthew hit 2 months that I started to feel like myself.

Take Care

Deeanne

Thanks Guys for the words of encouragement. Juliette glad to know I am not the only one up in the middle of the night.

Erykah finally settled at 4am and then woke at 5 cos she had been sick on her bedding so changed that fed her and she slept till 9am. Got her up then and made her stay awake for 1 1/2hrs before her next sleep just woke her and fed her at 2pm and she is awake again. Trying to keep her awake a bit more often during the day so she hopefully settles at night.

We have just been to Mornington Market and I have had my retail therapy buying xmas pressies. Yes I know very early but I have family over soon so they can take them back with them and save on the postage!!!

Anyway best go and entertain erykah. Hoping for a better night tonight.

Jo

HSVGirl Guest

Hi all,

Long time no hear!!! Sorry I have been a bit preoccupied as you all have been. I can only log on when at my hubbys work!!
    Anyway all is well with Amy bit fussy and hard to settle during the day but that is about all! She is putting on weight like no bodies business.
    Sleep is going well down at 8.30pm last night and up at 3.30am this morning then back down at 4.30am until 8.30am this morning WHO ho!!!!

Anyway I am at the factory with Amy so I best go and do a food shop

Glad you are all fairing resonably well!!!

Take care
    Sharyn

Amy Olivia Walker
    Born at Knox Private - Wantirna Victoria
    9lb 1oz
    24th May 5.27pm
    2.5 hour labour after drip
    No birth or post natal problems (touch wood) so far!!
    Mild reflux so on AR formula

Dee - Dont apologise on your boy knowing his brothers. Its wonderful, and I'm jealous, but certainly nothing you should be apologising for! Shane's kids will learn the error of their ways soon enough, just hopefully they want to know her down the track.

Sharon - great to see you here. And wonderful that Amy is doing well.

Jo - I never change Jenna's bedding. Just mop it up and put her back in it. There is that much spew flying around, it wont hurt her to sleep in it. Of course - I also dont change her unless she absolutely stinks and is sopping wet. I'm not the best mummy....... Yay on the shopping!

Juliette - sounds like tough going for you. The two hours is a tough one. Demand feeding has its joys huh?? Have you tried stretching her out by 15mins each day on her feeds?? You might be able to build it up to 3hrs, which could be more manageable. I had to laugh at the pillow over the head. We have all been there, and normally its me with tears streaming down my face!!! She will get more predictable as she gets older. Of course - byt the time shes a teenager it all turns around again.
    The leap pad stuff looks good, but the US accents give me the $hits. Each to their own.

Well tomorrow I love you and leave you all. 3 months - I can't believe its already there. I already have so many memories in my head, but then it only feeld like yesterday she was born.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Just popping in to say a double WOO HOO for miss Jenna! Rolling over AND turning 3 months! Clever little pumpkin!

Hey everyone

Jo: Hope things improve soon for you, them first couple of months can be so hard, went through all that the first time and near went insane so can relate, one thing i thought was have you tried a swing? Worth a try if you havent and you can always take it back if its not working.

Fi: Yah on the roll over And the coast guard went out and towed them back in so luckily no swimming involved Congrats on the graduation too, goes so fast doesnt it.

Juliette: Sorry to hear you have had a crappy few days. And its hard not to feel bad when you just have to give up and put them down and get a break, but your sanity has to come first. Hope it all falls into place very soon for you.
    Also on the leap pad systems, dont have the baby type ones but Luke has the leap pad, its pretty good but he shows little interest in it and the books to buy are pretty expensive so check out how much accesorries are for each system first i would suggest.

I went to the toy sale on the first day to get baby swing but of course they never come in! Have a raincheck on it but yeah annoys me when they do that. Wanted to layby so much stuff but the layby line was minimum 3 hour wait, with Luke and Mason with me just wasnt going to happen. Might go in this week and see whats left, Target has their sale soon too.

Had a pretty good day, Mason was pretty happy and quiet so cant complain, he has upped his milk intake finally, but the drawback is that he is now soaking through his outfits, so have put a bigger nappy on over his huggies this feed to see if it helps keep him drier.
    He is still smiling at my desk draws, they are just plain wood so god knows what he can see there, would love to know.

Take care
    Belinda

Hi all

I actually had a good night we went to friends for dinner (great as I had no food in!) then she slept from 6pm till 11pm. I did a dreamfeed to see if this helped at 9:45pm. She then went straight back to sleep at 11:20 then woke at 12:30 again settled well. Then woke at 2:45 and was a little harder to settle. She dropped off at 5:30. She then woke at 7:20 and I am just trying to get her settled now.

So I got 6 hours of very broken sleep but she was a lot happier and settled so easy.

Best go as she is calling me. Here's hoping for a row of good nights.

Jo

Hi All...Hannah must have read my post from yesterday and decided it was in her best interests to give me a break! It seems that every time I come on here to whinge, she gets better that night! I put her down in her bassinette at 9:30pm and didn't hear a peep out of her until 2:30am. A five hour sleep (mind you my right breast felt about ready to explode by this point)!!! She was then up every 2 hours, but I didn't care as much 'cos I felt soooo much better for having slept, and I just kept her in bed with me.

Fi!! You're leaving us!! Congrats to you and Jenna for hitting the three month mark, and for your clever little sausage rolling over. We'll see you in the 3 month forum in a few weeks. hmmmm...I didn' realise about the US accent on the leap pads. Tim will definately not approve!

Jo - good to hear Erykah and you got some sleep last night. fingers crossed she keeps it up for you!

Shannon - Macca's for dinner sounds good! We never get to have Macca's at our house 'cos Tim has an annoying philosophical objection to them. I have to get my occasional Macca's fix when he's not around! Sounds like you'll be pretty busy with all the girls on your own. Are your older girls helpful around the house?

Hey Belinda - thanks for the suggestion re: the leap pad. I guess there's no substitute for a real book read by Mum and Dad anyway. If you can get one, I definately recommend a baby swing! Hannah has the fisher price flutterbye dreams one, and she and I both love it! The image of Mason grinning at your desk drawers is so cute! It's so funny what they find amusing...it would be so interesting to know what goes on in their little heads at times.

Good to hear from you Sharyn! I can certainly understand that you've been a little preoccupied! Babies can really keep you on your toes can't they!? Glad Amy is sleeping well at night and gaining lots of weight.

Dee - thanks for the suggestion re: the kick n whirl carnival. I looked them up on the net and they look great! I like that it can be converted to a toddler toy. I love fisher price stuff too.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast