Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July 2005 Thread #3

*Megan* Guest

Oh no Dee! You were my hope in relation to sleeping through the night! Please don't tell me that it has stopped??? Sorry to hear about your DH not helping.....I hope that things are better for you....It must be hard trying to do it all!

Well my plan of changing my little man's sleeping patterns didn't work! I am back to waking him at about 8.15pm for his last feed to hopefully hold him for longer....he wants another feed in 5.5hours....so I am hopeful that it will eventualy stretch out to 8!!

Brooke - yay for the chiro!! That is great news...how are you feeling otherwise??
    Hope that the night out was great!

Well the shots went well. Finlay was VERY brave - mummy - not so brave!! All over now though for another 2 months...

Nothing much to report here - I am just loving being a mummy and am cursing the fact that I have to go back to work in the not so distance future (Sept which is nearly next month!!!!)

I know that we have talked about this previously but I can't remember when.... :-s but are any of you TTC now?

Shannon - Love to little Jessalyn

Megan

Jo - Hope all goes well with the chiro today.

Megan - Well done to Finlay for being so brave today.
    We are going to start TTC in November. Going to give myself a little break first. Plus i will be 34 then.

Having a crap day. Dee - remember I said I can relate to the DH thing? Well it's come to a bit of a head today. I surprised him by showing up at lunch with his favourite food, with Hannah in tow to have lunch with him (he likes it when we do this). Anyway, he's started talking about quitting his job, because he doesn't like it. He is the head microbiologist at his company, and we live in a country town. Where is he gonna find work to support his family? It has been suggested that I go back to work and he just bring her in for feeds. This might sound funny, but I know he wouldn't look after like I do. He never wants to spend time with her. Occasionally I can convince him to take her for 1/2 an hour while I have a shower. He hasn't got up to her in the night once (I mean ever!) and the nappy changing lasted all of one week when she was first home. On weekends he'd rather be gardening than hang out with us. I know she'd get ignored, and I am not prepared for that to happen. I want her to grow up knowing that there is always someone around for cuddles and to chat to. That's how I like to spend my day. I know he wouldn't be the same. He wouldn't neglect her physical needs, but I don't think he'd provide the kind of social stimulation she needs either. And I kinda resent the fact that he has been unemployed for most of our 5 year relationship (kept quitting 'cos he didn't like one thing or another about each job), and now I just need him to stick with something for our sake! I have supported us through all this time and haven't been unemployed since I was 14. I feel like I've earned the right to enjoy being at home with my daughter while she is little. Being a mum is hard work too!

Ok..I should probably save this for the punching bag forum. You guys don't need to hear this! I have just been crying all day, and I feel like crap. That was just the proverbial straw that broke this camel's back.

I will try to get around to personals later - DH has just rung to say he's coming home early.

Megan - I`m sorry to disapoint you that Matthew`s sleeping pattern of 10 hours only went for 1 week, I`m hoping that this pattern of 5/6 hours will stop soon - I can only hope

As for TTC - I`m one of them but I have no idea if I`m ovulating or whats going on, I had 6 weeks of lochia, then 2 weeks no bleeding then what I thought was my period for 1 week, no bleeding for 1 week, then spotting and heavy bleeding for 10 days and now it`s been 1 week with no bleeding so DTD has been very limited and we`re not seriously TTC just if it happens it happens but I would like Matthew to be around 6 months when I get pregnant. Now I can`t remember either but where you TTC soon as well

Juliette - I`m so terribly terribly sorry to hear your story I can sympathise with you on some of your points. He certainly needs to stick to his job to support you and Hannah, your a Mum now and a very good one, Hannah needs you to look after her during the day but she also needs her Daddy to help put food on the table and pay bills etc and considering you`ve been doing it for years it`s his turn. I know exactly what you mean by your DH not looking after her like you do, babies need their mothers and it`s us who have bulit in senses when we think there is a problem with our child. You can vent all you like in here we`re all here for each other.

If you need to talk just email me

Take Care

Deeanne

The appointment went well. She has some tension in her neck and they are starting treatment on monday.

Best go she is upset

Jo

Juliette - Sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment.
    Big *hugs*

Jo - So pleased everything went well today.

I still have one unhappy little boy. Hopefully he will be okay tonight.

Wow you guys have been posting up a storm.

Jo - hope that the chiro can relieve some of Erykahs tension!

Juliette - sorry to hear your having a rough time with your DH. As Dee says your welcome to vent here anytime, i feel thats what we are here for.

Megan - im so glad you are enjoying your new role as mummy, i am too it just feels so right! When are you and DH TTC?? We arent going to try again until Hendrix is about 2.

Michelle - glad to hear that Alex is gaining weight, we also had Hendrix weighed yesterday and he has gained 1.3kg since birth its amazing how quickly they grow isnt it?

Brooke - im so glad that mayas appolint went well and look forward top the Dan update i hope all is well.

Well today i got hendrix's passport photo done and he looks very cute. So funny as he will change so quickly. Also on the passport application it asks how tall he is!!

Well gotta go as im typing one handed while i feed

Thanks girls. I think I just needed to get it out! Although I love being a mummy more than anything, sometimes it can be a little lonely and isolating. It helps to have your support at the click of the mouse!

Brooke
    - I haven't really told him how I feel about this. He says he is unhappy, and I feel guilty asking him to do something that will make him unhappy (i.e. staying at work). I just know he'll blame me down the track. I do think he knows exactly what he's saying because he's done it before. I bought him a local newspaper with the career section in it yesterday arvo. Just a hint that if he wants to leave his job, he'll have to actively make an effort to find something else before he does. That way I figure the responsibility is on him to fix his situation instead of me always doing it for him. Glad Maya went well at her chiro appt! What a champ.

Michelle - thanks for the hugs. I needed that! Hope your little boy had a good night and is happier today.

Dee - Thanks for the hugs and for the offer to talk. I agree - babies do need their mothers, and there is no way I'm not going to be there for Hannah. Wow on TTC! I think we'll probably try again fairly soon. Maybe when Hannah is about 8 months or so. I haven't got my period back yet, so I guess that will be the deciding factor! I guess once Hannah starts on solids (at 6 months if all goes according to plan) I may be revisted by good ol' Aunt Flo.

Megan - Babies are unpredictable little people aren't they, especially regarding sleep! Hannah was in a good routine of 6 hour sleeps (she even had two 7 hour ones), and now it's gone back to 4 hours! So frustrating. But she is compensating by grinning at me every time I get up to her. She can be crying away to wake me up, then as soon as I peek over the side of the basinette she grins. So cute. Can't stay annoyed when she does cute things like that! Glad Finlay's shots went well. Not much fun for Mummy.

Shannon - Hope little Jess is doing well! I think a little pair of baby banz will be in order! You can get them from the ABA website, or directly from the baby banz site. They come in all kinds of purdy colours. I just got black. I figured it'd go with everything, and Hannah does like to be coordinated (well, maybe that's her mother's obsession?) Thanks for the headbands tip! Beckibee (from the December belly buddies forum) bought hannah some beautiful headbands from Pumkin patch a couple of weeks ago. They are so pretty! So far so good - but then again, Hannah doesn't yet have the motor skills to take it off just yet!

Thanks Heather! The passport photo sounds so cute. It does seem silly though seeing as he's going to be growing and changing so fast!! Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliette
    Thanks girls. I think I just needed to get it out! Although I love being a mummy more than anything, sometimes it can be a little lonely and isolating. It helps to have your support at the click of the mouse!
    I agree totally Juliette with your above statement. Lets say we have to DTD at the moment to TTC and since Mark is giving us both the silent treatment there`s no DTD action around here plus my libido is non existent. I`m not sure if AF has made her entrance with me or what I`ve had is just a lot of lochia on and off - time will tell.

Heather - LOL at asking how tall Hendrix is - my goodness it would have to be updated every month wouldn`t it

Brooke - I hope your relationship with Dan is aok

Michelle - I hope Alex was okay for you last night.

Jo - Glad the chiro went well.

Matthew had a 6.5hr sleep last night and when I got up to him he was chatting so much - at 3am, you`ve gotta love them, I do try and not talk to him so he hopefully will realise it`s night time and we don`t chat like it`s midday LOL When I put him down at 3.30am he slept until 8.30am, at the moment he`s playing on his playmat talking to his toys.

Take Care

Deeanne

*Megan* Guest

Ohhh Juliette .....I just read your post! BIG hugs to you.....I hope that you have had a chance to chat to your DH by now and that things are on the mend. You know that you can write about anything you feel like and as Dee said - we are all here for you....

I feel very lucky after reading some of your posts. I have a wonderful husband in Adam and feel very prividged to have such a wonderful man in my life. I tend to take most responsibility for the baby - but Adam is always there to help and actually wants to get up in the night and feed him (which I always decline as I like feeding my little man) but just him offering is wonderful...

I would love to try for another baby now - but the financial situation always stops us.....we will probably start trying again when little Finlay is 1.

Brooke - please write about your chat with Dan.....dying to know what the 2 of you have decided...

Heather - a passport photo....are you planning a trip?

My little Finny is 5.4 kilos now and 62cm long! Wow time flys....

Hope that everyone is having an OK day...Shannon - how is little Jessalyn? Now that I have seen her picture, she pops into my head every day. Thinking of you both.....

Megan

Megan - we are going to Fiji for four days in October as DH is performing over there. I am also really lucky as my DH is really fantastic. He cooks, cleans and as soon as he comes home from work wants to spend time 'with his little man'.

Brooke - i too am waiting with baited breathe to hear about your and dan's plans....

Shannon - hope all is well with Jess.

xx

Brooke - It sounds like the hormonal rash which all babies get, Matthew was absolutely covered in it until he was about 10 weeks and now he still gets it occasionally. I`m glad all is well with Dan and you, I think that`s what has been mine and Marks problem we have been so caught up amongst things that we don`t have time for each other and when we talk it`s often about Matthew and not about us, it`s hard isn`t it and it`s always the ones we love that are pushed to one side.

It sounds like thrush on Maya`s tongue but I thought they could only get thrush from breastfeeding - sorry I`m not much help there.

Heather - Can I carry your bags for you when you go to Fiji

Shannon - I hope you and Jess are okay.

Matthew is napping after having a nice bath and a massage, I always bath him mid afternoon as this house gets too cold at night without any heating, if he does have a bath at night it`s with Mummy, which I really enjoy.

Take Care

Deeanne

Brooke, Violet had a white coating on her tounge for quite a few weeks, not sure what it was my MCHN refered to it as just a 'coating'. I asked if it was thrush and she said Thrush occurs on the inside of the cheeks. It's nothing to worry about and it will go away... that goes for the rash too. Emily and Violet both developed a rash and like Dee said, it was just a hormaonal thing they go though.

Dee, not too much longer and you'll be joining us in the 3mo forum

Tanya

Forum Name: wardygirl
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 30 June 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Blake Elliott
    Baby's Website: work in progress...
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Was GBS+ at birth, spent first 5 days on antibiotics until all clear
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3 days late and absolutely perfect

Hello everyone!

My little Blake is 1 month old today so here I am joining your thread!

I'm so glad I did cause I was wondering about Blake's white tongue when I read Maya was experiencing that same. Guess I don't need to worry as I was thinking thrush too. I'll show MCHN when I go on Thursday but I'm not as worried as I was 5 minutes ago!

I've been reading up on all your exploits over the last week, knowing we were about to join the thread but I won't jump in and bombard you with all my news in my first post - If you really want to know what's happening in my world I've just posted in the newborn - 1month thread, you can read it there!

What I will tell you is Blake slept for the first night in his cot in his own room last night. He had his first nap there yesterday afternoon and then last night and all day today. What a grown up boy.

Talk to all again tomorrow.

Hey girls

just a quick post as we are going out but the white tongue is because babies dont make saliva until they are twelve weeks old so some babies (hendrix too) have milky tongues apparantly formula makes the coating even thicker....

Will catch up later

Welcome Rachel and Blake

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast