Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, June '05

Woah girls you have really been chatting today.

Deb, I don't think your being snobby, you just know what your worth. I can't wait to see some of your pics too. I found in the early days of scrapping that ebay is really cheap to get stuff. Although it does pay to shop around. If you are looking at something on ebay and your not sure if it's a good rice or not go to an Australian online scrap shop and compare the price. This way you'll know if your getting a bargain or not. I have so much extra stuff that I got ages ago I really need to have a big clean out of it all. Also there are some great scrap mags out that will give you heaps of ideas and show you how to use different products.

Sarah, I agree Zander really is starting to look like you. Sorry to hear that you got a crap nights sleep. Maybe you should start thinking about something like Karitane or Tresillian to help you out. Just a suggestion anyway.

Fi, you make me laugh girl. Don't stress about your "fat back" it could be worse you know. Besides how many of these girls are back on the court with 8 week old babies. I'm flat out walking around the shoppig centre

Dee, welcome to the forum. Wow that first month has gone fast. Sad in a way isn't it? Still theres lots more fun coming up for you now. Your closer to getting more of those smiles and laughs too.

Nell, hope you have a great night at the movies. I know for sure that I'd fall asleep there if I ever got the chance of going again.

Dinky, sorry to hear about Shannen getting bullied. Not too long ago I was posting about the same thing happening to Joel. It's a real hassle for the poor kids too.

The paed is a real strange man. Quiet anoyying actually. He forgets everything you are saying to him and re-asks it again 5 seconds later. He wanted to know what her temp was for every bloody day last week. Like I can remember exactly how hot she got. At worst it was 38.9 isn't that bad enough. He said her chest was clear but is worried that she still has the cough. Then he suggetsed Whooping cough and I told him I didn't think thats what it was and he asked why, I explained how she coughed and yes I do admit it sounds like it but it isn't. She has a gasp at the end of her cough and it's only her trying to catch her breath. Then he says he thinks she might be aspiring her milk. WTF. Because she only coughs really after her feeds. I said I think it's because she has a snotty nose and when trying to feed she is sucking all the snot back causing her to cough. Make sense to you girls? Honestly I walked away wondering who the Dr was. Maybe I have found my true calling

So now after ot all we have to go back next Friday again to have her chest checked again. ANother $70 later, thank God for Medicare.

Take care
    Trish

WoooHooo Deb, don't u love it!

With Heath being on interstate, when he is home he sleeps during the day, so i always have our super dooper king size bed to myself.

Of course i much prefer it when he is in it... O

I am glad you all had a great day out....I was actually off school with the dreaded cold, so I wouldn't have been the best compmay for little bubbies anyway.

A few of the aides at my school are into scrapbooking and are always showing me different albums.

When i left Sydney, my prep grade made me a scrapbook album. One of the mums sent a note home to all the parents, i assumed they were birthday invites. But the mum collected all the photos of my students and made one page for each student. They wrote the most beautiful things as well.

You could agree I was a blubbering mess when presented with this. i was touched that the parents had handed over these beautiful photos, plus it was in one of those roolly expensive albums!!

Sarah, i love Zander's piccie on the front page of his w w w.

They are all georgous ladies, well done!!

Oh and thanks for letting me hang in here.

p.s. i dont think you are being snobby Deb, I have cleaned a few loos in my time and yuck...no way would i ever do it again....LOL

Hey girls,
    Had swimming today, which was good... I forgot my tshirt...urgh! So i had to use wato's. Porr wato, Licky he had one on under his shirt!!

Violet had another session last night... this time it was form 8 til about midnight... so not as bad as the three night b4. She slept till 8am, so I really shouldn't complain. I've decided to chang ethe way I deal with her when she gets like that too... I am going to let her stay up a little longer until she really cracks 'em... it did work a bit better... she wasn't as screamy.

Yay Dee... welcome Girl!!

Glad your get together went well Girls Wish I could've been there.

Sarah... what can I say... Heaps of hug!!

Trish, sounds like the Doc was just tugging at straws!! What a knob!!

Deb... I say if you want a change of scenery, take the job!! Cleaning loos wouldn't be all that bad... would it??

I saw a job on a web page that I chack out for kjobs and there is one going at the healsville sancuary... I would love to go for ir but am not sure if I want to start working just yet... hmmmm??

Have fun at the movies Nell... Matty will be juuuust fine

Can't remember what I was going to type!! Don't you hate that!!

Tanya

Hi again... forgot to add that I have a couple new pics on Violets Web page.

Tanya, lucky Wato had that shirt hey. Glad to her that you got a slightly better night in. Funny yyou should say the Dr's a knob, I said the same thing.

Sarah, I hope that Zander was a good boy for you last night and that you got a decent nights sleep in.

Tehya had a crappy night last night. She went down about 8.30 ish I guess but woke not long after I got to bed at midnight. I'd crashed out on the lounge. Put her dummy back in and then she woke again at 2am for a feed and again around 4.30 and another by 6.30am along with a nice big poo for me. I really need to learn to go to bed when she does, i just feels so nice to be able to sit down and watch some tv without having a baby hanging off me, kwim?

Have a busy weekend, Joel has footy this morning, we have to be at the field by 9.30 and they kick off at 10.30, then this afternoon we have to drop the big boys off early with their dad and are heading up to Gosford for Marks uncles bday party. I'm still not totally decide whether I should go with Tehya or not. I would really love to get out for a while but not at the risk of her health again. Then tomorrow I have Fletch's baby shower to go to. Atleast I know I'll be able to relax there and not really have to worry about kids. Tehya will be coming of course but she'll probably sleep through it all. Well, heres hoping anyway.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Take care
    Trish

Morning All,
    Trish, sorry to hear oyu are tired this moning... I am the same, don't go to be when Violet does... and it is because I like the 'me' time.

Violet had the best night EVER! She was grumpy early afternoon... and i thought, 'here we go again!' I let her stay up and Alecia nursed her for ages and fell asleep with her for about a minute b4 bub woke wanting attention.... Lucky Alecia! So I grabbed her with her dummy and tried to hold her off her feed as long as possible. I think I fed her around 8:30, then put Em to bed, did Alecia's hair then tried to feed her again, and she didn't want a bar of it and just squirmed and sooked so I wrapped her and put her to bed. I started doing Alecia's hair again and I had to go and put her dummy in once b4 she fell asleep. So this must've been about 9:30 when I finished Alecia's hair. I sent Alecia off to bed and sat and watched the footy for a bit then grabbed my pillow and switched the telly off and turned the radio on to listen to the footy cause I wanted to know if Collingwood were still winning (the telly has a delay). Wato got home from my sisters (he was visiting my BIL) and I was almost asleep on the couch and the footy was almost finished. I told him he could switch it off if he wanted cause the Pies were going to win ( ) and I wanted to go to sleep. So I fell asleep on the couch because I thought if I go to be Violet will wake up (happens all the time). Wato went to bed at 12:20 after putting a blanket on me and was going to leave me on the couch, but I staggerd to bed. Violet woke up for her dummy at the usual 4:30 and evnetually woke at about 7:05.... Wooohoooo!!
    Hmmm didn't realise that was so long winded!! Sorry.

Haven't go much planned today... might do some house work...I said might... lol

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - good to hear you got a decent sleep last night. That must have been nice! LOL @ Wato having to give up his t-shirt. Literally giving the shirt off his back, hey?? It sounds like Alecia is a great help with Violet. It must be wonderful having her around sometimes The photos look great! Love the one of the cats on "your" chair, hehehe. That job at healsville would be good, hey? Ikwim about not wanting to go back to work yet. People keep asking me when I am going back and are shocked when I say I don't know. It's like, if I did go back, I would be a neglectful mother but if I don't go back then I am being lazy!! OMG!

Trish - Grrr @ Tehya having a crappy night last night. So much for the weekend, hey? I can't believe how useless that paed sounded! Do you have to keep seeing him or can you go to a different one? Honestly, the amount they get paid, you would expect them to be on the ball! I hope the rest of your weekend goes well. Thanks for the tips about scrapping. I did a couple more pages last night. Just a front cover and a "baby is sleeping" page. I don't have much stuff yet so they are pretty basic. And, the bloody writing on the front page smudged so I have to fix that up.

Chrissy - sounds like that scrap book you got from your kids in Sydney was lovely! That was very thoughtful of that parent. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling very well last week. It seems to be going around. I guess the stress of writing reports would make teachers extra susceptible to colds and stuff.

I SMS'd Neil this morning. I asked how he was feeling and if the cats had won. I got back a very short message. "**** and no.". LOL So he is probably like a bear with a headache. I hope he gets home in the early afternoon. We have a birthday bbq to go to tonight and the proviso of him going to Bendigo was that he come home without being all hung over and grumpy. Hmmm... remains to be seen!

I should be doing housework. Can't be bothered.

hey girls,

yay 1 mth old

think she has a cold as her nose is full of snot and sounds horrible when she breathes through it i keep getting worried, because there just so fragile..

shes also been a bit spuie lately, but its not much so not too worried..

just went and brought her a kick n whirl carnival, she loves it when she makes it go, she was geting a bit bored with the other one as she couldnt do anything with it..

hope everyones well, sorry no personals havent re-learnt this whole typing one handed thing yet lol

Lesley

Hey Deb, I know what you mean about not being bother to do housework!! It never Ends!! (Hence me being on here )

What does Neil think of all the controversy that is still looming over Gary Ablett's Hall of Fame Induction?? I think it's all a bit silly! The man was nicknamed God for crying out loud!! (Even tho I hated him... but can you blame me... ).

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - not sure what Neil thinks of it all. I will have to ask him. You are right - it's a bit silly that people are jumping up and down about ethics when they called him "God". That's rather contradictory! Still, I guess they don't want to send the wrong message out to people. The fact is, he was never charged with anything over that Alecia Horan thing so we only know what the media presented to us (and it was probably all a crock!).

Lesley - Wow @ Chloe being 1 month old already! That kick and whirl carnival sounds great. I wish I had more $$ to buy Gabby some more play things. Still, she has a play mat and her bumble bee mobile which keep her amused for the moment. She also love watching the TV when I prop her up on the couch. That'll do! LOL @ not getting the hang of typing one handed. Do you ever get the hang of it?? Still, we understand what you are typing so that's all that matters!

Gabby's farts have been smelling horrid! They smell literally like gas. I have stopped taking the fenugreek tablets to see if they are the cause. She has pooed a couple of times today so i am hoping that has taken care of it. I unwrap her and it's like opening the bog of eternal stench!! If only I could spray her with perfume, LOL.

I have achieved nothing today. I don't really care. The dishes and washing are up to date and the house it relatively tidy. It could do with a vacuum but who gives a rats!

I think I will take up those jobs. It's only a few hours a week and the extra $$ will mean I can do more scrapbooking I think it's a bit silly of me to knock it back out of pride. It's not like it's gonna be my career or anything.

Deb - definitly take the jobs!!!!! It will be a breeze, and a couple of $$ more each week can only help as all at the mo. I can't wait til the end of June when the govt will start giving us some pocket money!! YAY!!!! Free money!! Anyway - the point I was trying to make is swallow your pride and do it. But make sure youa re wearing BIG rubber gloves when doing the toilets!!! I hate cleaning toilets that aren't my own....
    Can't wait to see your new pages. Shane wants the car on Wednesday, so I can't come to you for a walk. Would you mind coming here again??

Tanya - Yay on the Wato's shirt. What do you do in the pool?? How long before Violet joins in too?? Let me know, cause I'd love to swim with Jenna ASAP. What was the job at Healesville??? And as for the GOD thing, well Eddie McGuire actually made a good point on the footy show on Thurs night. GA doesn't get in according to the current criteria cause there is stuff about charity and integrity etc, but noone can deny he certainly should be in if its just about football skills. I dont really care either way not being born and bred here. I would have like to see him play though. And double yay on the great sleep from Violet. I hope they continue!! What were you doing with Alecia's hair? Sounds pretty indepth!

Lesley - great to see you here. That month did go quick huh??? Good luck on the one hand typing!

Trish - bummer on the crappy night. Its like 2 steps forward, one step backs sometimes huh?? I fight the urge to stay up and have adult time, but I know how bad I feel the next day if I dont. I imagine that is multiplied with you and 4 kids!! Are the boys going to their dad's much at the mo? And give that paed another slap from me!

Sarah - I know what you mean about the brain going over and over. My first job out of uni was an operator on a petrochemical plant. There was one job I had to do which was effluent treatment (human and plant) and as part of it we had to set up irrigators in the local farmers paddocks and spray the treated plant waste. Well, on those rainy days when I was covered in cow poop and drenched and freezing cold - I thought to myself - this is what an engineering degree gets you!! And now Shane and I want to do farming!! Silly us....... Hope Zander was a little joy for you today, regardles sof whether he slept. Lots of cuddles for you!

Well I played a half game today!!! It was great, I fitted into the size 12 suit, and yay on tight lycra!! It held in most of my bulges! It felt like a massive high to be running around, and I want more!! I wish I could play every week, but they really do have enough players, so I am just a reserve. But man it was fun, and I didn't get puffed at all!! All that running around after the U15s must have helped me huh??

Quiet night here tonight, probably a DVD and some chippies, and maybe a couple of wines!
    Fi

Sarah - hope that Zander has been sleeping well and is going well.

Tanya - I bet Wato's shirt swam on you! I thought Violet goes swimming too? If so, what does she think of it? Does Wato go with you every time? How is she sleeping now, still through?

Deb - glad to hear you are taking those jobs. You are right, they aren't a career or anything. My g/f did the same thing after her bubs to get some extra $$$ so I reckon if people are willing to pay then why not?!

Fi - I had a couple of vino's myself last night. Very nice it was. How was your night? How were the bb's after all that running around? Did you strap them in tight? How is Jenna? Still having those long sleeps?

Welcome Lesley and Chole! How are you both going?

Trish - I'm next in line to give that Dr a slap! My g/f was telling me that she took her DD into her DR as she thought she had an ear infection and the dr wouldn't even look in the ear, saying she was fine and then they had to go back the next day as DD wasn't any better, same dr looked in the ear this time and said it was an ear infection! Thankfully she is doing better but if the Dr had only looked in the ear the first time then it would've saved bubs a whole day of misery! (and the mum too)

Have 2 small woo hoos today. First is that DH let me sleep in until 8.30! He got up at 6.00am to feed little man with EBM I had ready. It was lovely - although the bb's were a little heavy and full of milk.

Second woo hoo is that Matty's first tooth has popped through! I can't believe that either. DH spotted it this morning and there it is on the bottom. So cute.

Hope everyone else is well.

OMG Nell, a tooth already!! Well done little Matty!! Were there any signs?Violet doesn't come swimming yet, another couple of months and she will. Wato has been coming with me every week, but sometimes we alternate who goes.
    It's going to be hard when Violet is old enough to go... not sure how I'll do it??

Tanya

It was such a surprise, no symptoms at all.

I would love to take Matty swimming and often thought how I would go about getting him dry and changed and getting me dry and changed.

Nell - Woohoo @ Matty getting his first tooth and without any symptoms that`s great and another woohoo for DH feeding Matty so you can have a bit of a sleep in

Fi - I was thinking the same as Nell how are your BB`s after the running around. I find that I have to take things in my stride, afterall I don`t have my own family to do anything for me so it`s just Mark and I here plodding along, at least I don`t get anyone telling me how to do something with Matthew, actually I did the other day from a lady buying a kitten, a total stranger telling me I shouldn`t be holding Matthew for too long since he`s such a big boy after having a c/s - Do you think I listened

I`m going to have to come back later to reply to you ladies.

Take Care

Deeanne

Okay I`m back again, hopefully for more then 5 minutes this time.

Deb - A few extra $$$ would be great for you, more toys for Gabby Matthew`s farts have also been really smelly lately and I`m not taking fenugreek, I just thought it was a BF baby thing.

Tanya - LOl @ Wato having to give up his shirt.

Lesley - Welcome I showed Mark the Kick N Whirl carnival and he seems to think Matthew is too young for it, I explained that it`s for babies from birth up and Matthew can kick so why is he too young.

Sorry I still haven`t personally replied to you all, you haven`t been forgotten , I`ll send you a big instead.

Well Matthew slept from 10pm to 3.30am on Friday night, best sleep ever if only Mummy could have slept too, I thought it probably was a once off but last night he slept from 8.30pm to 1.50am, then from 2.10am to 6.10am. Matthew seems to talk himself to sleep at night for example Friday night I put him down at 9pm, he didn`t go to sleep until 10pm, he just layed there talking to himself, waving his arms and legs around for an hour quite happily until he drifted off, then he will often do the same in the middle of the night after his feed.

Had Alister`s 11th Birthday Party at Hungry Jack`s yesterday, a couple of our friends were there who haven`t had a chance to see Matthew, Stephen apparently doesn`t know who Matthew looks like, he says one minute he looks like Mark, he looks again and he looks like me, all I can see in Matthew is Mark. Matthew was a good boy at his first kids Birthday party, he slept right through all the noise.

The boys love their little brother and they are so handy at times like this morning when Matthew woke, Mark had to go down the farm so I left Matthew with the boys while I had a shower, got out of the shower and I could hear them singing "Singing In The Rain" to Matthew, it was so cute and of course Matthew was loving all the attention.

Hope your all well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Nell, where we go swimming they have change tables available in the change rooms... so when they are small they can lay on the change table while you change...

Dee, Matthew's big brothers sound like they enjoy having a baby around. I think it is great to have much older kids around

Tanya

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast