Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, June '05

Default 1 Month - 3 Months, June '05

Welcome to the 1 Month to 3 Months thread for June 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

1 Month to 3 Months List - June '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Dinky
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 17 March, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2720g - 45cm - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Hayley Nola
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Wind, reflux, nasal congestion
    possible heart problem
    Notes: 5.5wks early emergeny c/s after prom

Forum Name: Tajemi
    Baby's DOB: 20/03/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3730g (8lb 40z) Length - 52cm (21in) Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby Name(s): Violet Crystal
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/insideofme
    Health Concerns: none...yet
    Notes: 40weeks 1day, NVD, breastfeeding

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns: Reflux
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name: Bieleemorris
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - TBA
    Baby Name(s): Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!

Forum Name: mum5boyz
    Baby's DOB: 04/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3780g 51cm 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Jacob Philip Thomas
    Baby's Website: www link under my name
    Notes: 8 days late

Forum Name: LumpyLove
    Baby's DOB: 8/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight -8lbs 14 oz Length 53cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    [b]Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Pheonix Skylar
    Baby's Website: working on it
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) high temps
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 weeks late

Forum Name: Fi
    Baby's DOB: 11th April 2005, 23:09
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3450g- Length 53.5cm - Head Circ 34.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Jenna Morine
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/spuddw/
    Health Concerns: None so far.....
    Notes: 11 days late, Induction, persistant occiput posterior malpresentation, forceps delivery
    __________________________________________________ ____

Forum Name: Mark&Jess
    State: Queensland (Paradise)
    Baby's DOB: 28 April 2005
    Baby Name(s): Kristanna Gweneth June
    Baby's Website: http://au.geocities.com/jerk_den/
    Health Concerns: reflux, occasional mild colic
    Notes: 1 day late, born by emergency c-section due to failure to progress because of her size (10lb 7oz)

Forum Name: Deejoy17
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3rd May, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4200gms/ 9lb 4oz Length - 53.5cms Head Circ - 36cms
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Kenneth Ian.
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/deeannemark/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) - None as yet.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days late, born via c/s due to CPD which we only found out about 1 day before the c/s.

Forum Name: mouse_9_2001
    State: S.A
    Baby's DOB: 04/05/05
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl girl
    Baby Name(s): Chloe Rose
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babypalmes/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days over due but still came by herself, natural birth weighing 9lbs 15 and a half oz

Forum Name: Tatty Teddy
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 11th May, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 2.660 5 lb 14oz Length 46.5cm Head Circ 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Alexander Edward
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Was born at 36wks 6days by emergency c/section.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Unfortunately this will be the last month for the majority of us in the 1-3 month old thread.

Went to watch Alecia in her year 7 band last night. She was really nervous because her saxaphone has been squeaking, and she can't seem to play it with out sqeaking. But she was ok, she sqeaked a couple of times but you could bearly hear it over the rest of the band. Emily was fairly well behaved and Violet slept . There were nowhere near enough seats for everyone tho. We sat on a table and some other ppl stood or sat on the floor... so hopefully next time they will be more prepared!

Had trouble getting Violet down again last night... I think it was close to 1am before she gave in... but she slept till 7:30. Still... I am tired!

Tanya

Gee it's really quiet in here today. Is everyone boycotting BB? I must say the new colours are going to take some getting used to.

I'm nearly out of this thread already. Wow 3 months have flown by so fast. Tehya was 12 weeks old yesterday but not officially 3 months til the 8th of June so I get a bit more time in here.

Tanya good to hear that Alecia did well at her concert last night. She must have been so nervous. How silly that they didn't have neough seats prepared. Schools often do that and then at the last minute they are trying to set up extras. Pity that Violet wouldn't sleep for you, maybe she'd already had enough at the concert?

Would love to respond to other posts but there are NONE. And of course I can't remember what was written on last months page

Had an ok night with bub. She woke a couple of times, seems to havegotten a real love happening for that dummy. If she looses it she will have a sook. Sound familiar Sarah? Not all of the time though. Usually I can just replace it and she's back out thankfully.

I had Westmead ring me this morning, they said they were doing a questionare and research on babies with fevers and what caused them etc. Anyway they want me to send in Tehya's xray for them to look at. They are sending out a return paid envelope and say they will reurn it in a few weeks. I figured why not. If their research can help someone else then why not.

Did I dare to have a breath.... I now have Brandon home from school. He woke last night and spewed ALL through his bed. So I have spent today doing numerous loads of washing including his continental quilt that I'm not supposed to machine wash. Hard luck, in it went. Obviously the cloud is still hanging over the top of my house. Wonder when it's going to move along???

Take care
    Trish

Geeeezzz Trish! Poor you! Someone has hexed you!
    The neww BB colours will take a bit to get used to, huh? I think I liked the pink better

Forgot to say, Deb, Gabby is doing really well on her tum going by her pics. Violet just lays there, although she gets her leg right up underneath herself like she is going to take off... but she doesn't like it on her belly much.

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - I am beginning to wonder if it is such a good thing that she holds her head up so high. She doesn't really like being on her tummy for very long. The poor thing probably strains her neck muscles. Sounds like Alecia went well at her concert. School halls are never big enough for a decent audience. I reckon all schools should be given a massive stadium so that the kids can reach their full potential with concerts and sports. It's not like we're a third world country that can't afford it, hey?

Trish - OMG... can't believe that Brandon is now sick! I am gonna come over and huff and puff and blow that damn cloud away. You have had enough!!

Nell - it's great that you are enjoying your mother's group. Mine is good so far. I wish the others would talk a bit more. I talk too much because it goes too silent for my liking, LOL. They probably all hate me - Mrs. Chatterbox. Sounds like Matty had a huge day yesterday! It's so much fun showing them off at work, isn't it! LOL @ you having to think about doing that one thing. I was in kmart a few weeks ago and I looked at the registers and wondered if I would remember how to do everything. I would love to jump on one and see how I went. Somehow I don't think that the manager would let me, hehehe.

Chrissy - you can live vicariously through us if you like! It's a pity you are working tomorrow otherwise you could have come to Wonderland to have a play with us. Maybe we will just have to organise another meeting in the school hols.

Had a big day today. Gabby slept until 8am (10 hours!) which was great. I had her up, fed, dressed and back asleep by 9:15am only to get her back up to jump in the car at 10am to take Neil's lunch to Torquay (he left it on the bench). Showed Gabby off to his boss (who had 7 boys and now has 2 grandsons so he loves the pink!) then had to drive across town to a le reve party. I got there and no one was home. Called my friend and, as it turns out, I got the wrong week! Doh! #-o So I went to drop in on another friend that lives in the same suburb but she wasn't home either! Fi had messaged me to go for a walk so I rang her and said I could make it but had to drive back home to get my runners. Got to Fi's after an hour and a half of driving around. Needless to say, Gabby was over it! We had a fantastic walk tho! And Fi made me some yummy scones with jam and cream! We definitely would have burned them off with the walk tho! Jenna is looking soooooo much bigger. Gabby doesn't make her look so tiny any more!
    So now we are home and the Gabster is asleep again. Poor little sausage - Mumma keeps dragging her all over the place!
    Big day again tomorrow with meeting up in Werribee with some of you lovely ladies. Should be good!

Hi All,

Trish - I'm just scared that that cloud will move onto my house!! We need to find something to break it up a little so it moves over lots of different people in smaller amounts. Bugger having the run of sickies you guys have had!!! I hope Brandon gets better really soon.

Nell - the mothers group is quite good. I have someone else in it from Deb and my ANC, and shes really nice. The mothers all seem a little older, and there are 5 girls and 3 boys. One mother is repeating the classes because when she did them she was the only mother who turned up every week. So her baby is 5 months old, and looks huge in comparison. I'm looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!!! I will be resplendant in my BB top!! Yay! I'm also looking forward to a good coffee. Hopefully they have some nice ones there.

Tanya - how funny that Alecia's sax is squeeking!! My sister played the oboe, and it was SOOOOOO bad when she was starting off!! It sounded like a dying duck!! I will never let my children play the violin, cause I hate how that sounds as a beginner too. I played the recorder and the cello, and I have to admit, the cello isn't too hard on the ears when you aren't very good.

On the hall thing - In Japan my sister wanted to get my niece to do Ballet, but twice a year they hire out the city hall and put on free concerts. Guess who has to pay for the hall hire?? Parents - and I get the impression from Katy it is the equivalent of chipping out several hundred dollars per child!!!!!

Deb - my legs are still killing me, but I'm so pleased we went for the walk. I think Shane and Jenna have gone to bed!! I'm just happy to have a little time to myself.

Sarah - hope you are doing well too. What a bugger about the hammock. I'd be requesting a replacement!!! But then again, if its going to do it more, you dont really want one. Ihope the sleep in the cot doesn't go toooooo badly.......

Thats me for now.
    Fi

Sorry I haven't been around guys, we've had a bad few days. See I never should have mentioned the good sleeps Alexzander was having LOL!! Aaron had a play with the hammock & fixed it up so Zander is still sleeping in there. On Tuesday night I had about 5.5hrs non-consecutive sleep, then last night about the same. And yesterday was a total shocker. He was cranky at mums group & spent half the time with me rather than the other babies, then when we got home he SCREAMED non stop for over an hour. It got to the point where I rang Aaron & told him to get home now, problem was he has been on a course & was due to start his exam just after I rang him, oops! He got home early, cooked dinner & looked after Zander while I had a bit of a nana nap.

Deb, Zander is the same, hold his head right up, but gets bored of tummy time real quick. LOL at being Mrs Chatterbox at mother's group, I'm sure they don't mind.

I was thinking of you being nearly in the next thread yesterday Trish. Zola as well, Bas will be 3 months tomorrow! Poor Brandon being sick now. Wish that nasty cloud would go away.

Sounds like Alecia concert went well, even if it was a bit squeaky! Poor Violet having a bad night, I hope she was better last night for you.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Sarah - sorry to hear that Zander's great sleeps were only short lived. Poo! Fi and I were just joking yesterday about how much easier it would be if all new Mums lived in a communal house. As Gabby was sleeping, I was able to help her out by laying out the bunny rug to wrap Jenna in and then she was able to make me scones while I popped the dummy in the girl's mouth while they played on the floor. It was quite convienient!! I guess it would suck if both girls cracked it tho!! LOL

Looking forward to our Western Suburbs meet-up today. Should be good! Nell and Michelle (mitch4now) are hopefully gonna give me some scrapping pointers Hopefully I will get a couple of pictures of all of us wearing our BB tops! That would be cool! Even if they are covered in baby spew and slobber!

Love the idea of the communal house Deb, it would be so much easier wouldn't it & you wouldn't go stir crazy from being on your own all the time either! I guess if both bubs were sooky at the same time you could at least swap & see if a new pair of hands worked?!

Forgot to mention that I hope you guys enjoy your meetup today.

Debbie Lee Guest

That would be good to do a swap, Sarah! A change of scenery for you both, LOL. I guess it is true when they say it takes a village to bring up a child. Our culture has it sooooooo screwed-up I reckon!

I totally agree with you there Deb. I have no idea how my mum did it without any family close by. And especially since she didn't have a mum to have ideas from - her mum left when she was 2 & was never heard of since.

Trish - I hope that the sickness leaves and doesnt come back!!!

Sarah - Sorry that Zander has decided to be difficult again, its always the way though. I hope that you are managing to get some sleep!

Deb - I hope you have a lovely meet up today!

I know that I have forgotten people, sorry.

I am a bit all over the place. Hayley has had 2 days from hell, think it must be a delayed reaction from her needles! We had her hearing test done yesterday and she FAILED!!! I cannot believe it! They didnt really explain it all in normal terms, it was all technical, thankfully DH took the day off to be with us! The worst part is that they wont retest her until she is 10 months old!!! WTF! So I basically have to wait until January to find out if it is a huge problem or not! Hayley has diminished hearing in both ears but her right ear is a lot worse than the left! She does have fluid or something and it might clear itself but then again it might not! They dont think that it will affect her speech but they dont know! Its all so frustrating, I will speak to the paediatrician when I see him in a couple of weeks.

I hope that everyone has a lovely day! I better go express again or Hayley will have nothing to drink!
    Catch up soon

Morning Girls,
    Sarah, sorry to hear you have been having a rough time (again). Can I ask if anyone in yours or Aaron's Family is lactose intolerant, or have been known to be when they were infants? My point is that maybe you could switch Znders formula to Goats formula? When Wato was a baby he turned out to be allergic to cow's milk so they used to give him goats milk... much easier on the human digestive system (Mind you they bought a couple of goats just for this purpose ). I had Emily on it when I first stopped breast feeding because I was paranoid she would break out in eczma like he does. Or even Soy milk...?

Deb, have fun at your meet up. I would looove the communal house! Even just for a couple of nights a week. It would be good to mix the children and get some adult interaction! Although we love our men, sometimes they just don't get it...women just know what to do (no offence ment 8-[ ).

Well Violet had a big sook again last night... stared about 8 and lasted till 1:30... sometimes she'll just cry, and other she will be happy and smiling, she'll go to sleep only to wake five minues later crying even when picked up. So that's 3 nights in a row... I am thinking maybe she has a mild case of colic?? Just about every night she'll fuss around bedtime and it will last for several hours... every other time of the day she is GREAT! Hmmm what do you think?

Tanya

Sorry Dinky, posting at the same time.

Sorry to hear that Hayley failed her hearing test... poor little mite! It must be horrible having to wait for ten months to get tested again... in a way it's like, well what was the piont of having her tested early!
    I hope you are ok...
    heaps of hugs
    Tanya

I'm starting to think Zander has colic as well Tanya. Have you checked out the thread on it? Someone (FionaJill I think?) has done a really good post on what the symptoms are & how to help it.... It's worth a try I guess so you get some more sleep. No-one in either families has a lactose intolerance, but I might try the lactose free formula when I get another tin, bought a normal one this morning before seeing your post #-o

Aww Dinky, sorry to hear Hayley didn't pass her hearing test. Hopefully it isn't anything too major. What a shocker that you have to wait until January for more tests though, talk about giving parents more to stress about [-X

I got Zander some Dr Seuss books this morning in the mail - freebies, which is great I got them from the Scholastic website - they send you 5 books, 3 are free ones & you have 7 days to return the others or pay for them. I returned the others cos I don't have the $$ for them at the moment. But inside the box were brochures on all these other books & I've found a series that I want to buy called "Help Me Be Good". I think there are 20 of them, stories about disobeying, teasing, throwing tantrums, stealing, interrupting etc. They look really good & at $9.95 each it's worth it I think if they help with manners & that sort of stuff.

Sarah, those books sound really good! They could be a source of good ideas
    As for the lactose free formula... I guess anything is worth a try, I think a lot of babies are lactose intolerant when they are small but grow out of it. It would be good to pin point is trouble.
    As for Colic, I am going to try and get Violet to get as much hind mild as possble, they say that too much foremilk can give babies wind/gas... so I amgoing to ensure the 1st boob is truely empty b4 I offer her the 2nd... see if that makes a difference.

Violet has is really finding her hands now She now sucks on them when she is upset, and rubs her own eyes when she is tired Awwww very cute!

Tanya

Awww that is cute Tanya Zander just looks at his all the time now. I think he was trying to rub his eyes a bit earlier today too! Yeah the books look great, they have really good illustrations & they seem easy to read. They send out 2 per month until you get them all, so I figure $20 a month is good if they help.

Hi All,

Am feeling very human today. After a shocking day yesterday and a terrible night before that, Jenna slept from 9pm through til 5am!!! And then went down again from 6am til 9. So all I had to do was just feed her and dress her and we were off to Werribee.

It was a lovely day - such a shame its winter cause I would love to have the babies on rugs in parks. I get a little clostrophobic being shut in a building with no windows!!! All the kiddies were very good, and I was the first to get sick on my top! Yay for chucky!

Sarah/Tanya - Jenna gets windy every so often, adn just will not settle. Thats been the problem the last couple of days, and I think its something to do with what I've eaten. Take the good with the bad huh??

Sarah - those books sounds great!!! I might have to do the same thing. The Dr Suess ones I mean. Our two bathtime books are getting a little repetitive........

Dinky - I think the test that Hayley has failed is the one where they bounce a signal to the eardrum and see what comes back?? Somehow it tells them whether there is a predisposition to hearing loss I think. Try not to worry - it might be nothing. It does seem wierd that they wont test again for a long time though. If it was serious they would do something about it sooner I'm sure.

Deb - I'm gunna pass on the communal house!! Other babies crying annoys me a bit much. I can't even handle Jenna crying when she is with Shane. I just need a maid to help me with the house work, and then I wont worry about anything except jenna!

Right - netball practise tonight - my first training session with the seniors. I bet I make a complete ass of myself!!! I'm so unfit and carrying a bit much extra weight to make it quickly around the court. Oh well - $hit happens!

Fi

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast