Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, June #2

Alex played up all afternoon with his feeding he wanted milk every two hours. I did try him on some water but he did not like it but did fall asleep in my arms but got very upset when i put him to bed.

Great to see Jessalyn is giving you lots of smiles Shannon. It makes your heart melt when you see it.
    Alex always gives me little smiles when he is going to sleep.

Fi - That must have been nice going out for a big walk. Hope everything goes well with your DH's surgery tomorrow.
    Your right about the good nights and bad nights lets hope we both have some good ones.

Dee - Sounds as if you got some great toys for Matthew.

Shannon - The smiles are just beautiful aren`t they, has she started laughing yet? As you say the little things make our heart melt.

Fi - Hope all goes well with Shane`s operation today. Sounds like you and Jenna had a good day yesterday with the walk and visiting.

Michelle - It sounds like Alex is going through a growth spurt but it also sounds like noone has told him it`s suppose to be for 24 hours for a bottle fed baby (well that`s what my MCHN told me :-k ). Matthew does the same as Alex, gives me these cheeky little smiles before he goes to sleep.

Matthew is such a character, Mark wondered what was wrong with me when I was laughing at Matthew so much this morning - Matthew noticed his feet for the first time and the look on his face was a picture it`s as if he was thinking what are those things down there which are moving, I just couldn`t stop laughing at his expression. At times it also seems like he wants to tell us a big story but just can`t get the words out.

Take Care

Deeanne

I have been doing a major catch up on all things BB this afternoon! Taking advantage of school holidays and Jacob is being amused by his big brother's. He has just started cackling - it's soooo funny!

Fi Good luck to Shane with his surgery - hope all goes well.

Dee that is so cute. I love it when they start to discover their body. Jacob kept wondering where this hand thing kept coming from and when he figured out it was his he thought it was hysterical!

Shannon the little sounds are the best when they are feeding. They just sound so happy. Woo hoo on the smiles too!

Dee - how cute of Matthew! I love it when they lie there and tell you all their news and you haven't a clue what they are saying! Also yay on finding his feet, my Matty's feet ends up in his mouth most the time now!

Fi - good luck to Shane. Sounds like you have a nice cosy house. Still plyaing netball at night? Must be freezing!

Nat - good to see you. Have you bought any new kettles lately?

Michelle - def sounds like Alex is having a growth spurt. Hope he settles soon.

Hey All,

Well we spent the day at hossy today for Shane. Hi surgery was delayed by a couple of hours, so after he finally got wheeled through, I went shopping. Back to myers to soak up some last minute bargains.
    I got a couple of great toys - one with a huge squishy mirror on it - Jenna LOVES mirrors, although when I hold her up to one, she spends more time looking at me then anything else. Silly child!

Also got my friends wedding registry list printed, and half of the stuff on it was discounted - so we got some $50 mixing bowls for $30!!! Bonus!! Although I do admit that I feel a bit stingy now - I'm thinking about getting them engraved as they are S/S.

Shane is zonked out on the couch - the operation went OK, but the knee is much more deteriorated than we originally thought. So the future doesnt look bright for the poor bugger.

Other exciting news is that we will probably still be here next year, so we've decided to bite the bullet and have anotehr baby when it happens. So I wont be going on the pill, just let nature take its course, and judging from the AF signs I'm getting, I may be ready to go again pretty soon. We just have to do some bding at some point!

One more exciting piece of news that has been progressing since Monday is I have more than likely sold my house already - only 3 weeks on the market, and only a few $k less than I really wanted. Its an unconditional cash offer, and will all be definite on Wednesday. So thats a real buzz.

Nat - nice to see you around. What do you reckon about making it to the meet-up at the playground in hoppers/werribee next week?? Would be nice to meet you!!

Nell - it doesn't take long to warm up when doing senior training.... we do a reasonable amount of running around!! I'm not sure I'll make it to training this week as I can't really leave Jenna with shane as he's not mobile and can't do things like changing nappies or getting a EBM bottle ready. Probably a little selfish!

Dee - I laugh at jenna heaps too, and shane wonders what I'm going on about. Despite my best intentions (of her being a daddy's girl) she is truly in lvoe with me, and wont let me out of her site!! She also saves her best talking and giggling for me. It does melt the heart.

Night,
    Fi

Hey everyone

As i lost the last post cant remember what i had typed in it!

Glad to hear everyone is going well.

Mason is also smiling a bit now but mainly to Luke, kids get all the credit dont they! Also just started to make cute baby noises, nicer than crying anyway

Had a pretty quiet day, hubby has been off work all week due to the weather, money wise it sucks, but nice to have him home to help out, he has been great still.

Luke's first sleep over went well, and he got to see another mother be cranky, so at least he knows i aint the only one like it!

Noticed the talk of toys, must admit Mason has barely any at the moment, just something i didnt bother to buy, bought him a couple of rattles the other day and he has an activity gym but otherwise all too old for him. And any soft toys he did have, have dissapeared into Luke's messy room and never to be seen again lol. Will buy some eventually, but for now my hair is still the source of hours of amusement for him lol, and its free

Fi: Glad the op went well and great news on you planning your next one, good luck with it.

Deanne: So cute with Matthew discovery his feet, and yes they do look like they want to tell you something dont they, Luke used to ramble on, Mason hasnt really done that much yet. And great on getting the bargains at the toy shop.

Shannon: Great that Jessalyn is smiling away and doing them cute baby sounds

Also got Mason some infants friend yesterday as he was very unsettled between feeds with wind trouble, seems to have worked, he still carries on a bit but no where near as much so happy about that.

Well anyway

Take care
    Belinda

Nell - funny you should ask about kettles. I want to get the new one from Shark that gets water to a temp that you select and can keep it there if you want to. I think they are around $65 at the moment. I went on a mad search for them after seeing them on KerrieAnne and have only found them in Target.

Fi - Glad to hear Shane's op went well. Does the playcentre have an age limit? Since it's school holidays I would definitely have Zachary and Christian with me as well as Jacob.

Nat - lol - do you remember us talking about them at the Chadstone meet? I want one too! That's great they are coming down, I think I'll wait a little bit longer.

Nat and Nell, I have one of those Shark kettles. You can set the temp on it for different drinks but I did find that it just wasn't hot enough there so I have mine turned all the way up. When youhave it turned that far you can't set it to keep hot.
    We did have a few problems with it though and this is our second one. It was brought for us as a pressie and the first one died within a few weeks. You can also pick them up from Bing Lee. Thats where ours come from anyway.

They do boil pretty quickly and are fairly quiet too.

Shannon, hopefully you are both getting some sleep now. Fingers crossed that Jess is over the worst of this bug.

A quick HI to everyone else. Hope you are all doing well and bubs are behaving themselves and letting you get some decent sleep.

Take care
    Trish

Trish - sounds perfect for me then because I can never drink my coffee straight away as it is too hot. I'm not sure we have Bing Lee here in Vic? So you keep it on all the time? Does it work that way?

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - that's soooo awesome that you will still be here next year. Wow on being on the sorta-TTC wagon again already. I'll have to take my hat off to you there! Bummer about Shane's knee being worse than first thought. What does that mean? A reconstruction of some sort? Yay on the bargains!! LOL @ Jenna being more interested in you than the mirror! WOO HOO @ probably selling the house so soon. That's awesome news!

Shannon - bummer for your crappy sleep the other night. Hoping for you that the results to Jess's tests aren't too bad.

Belinda - Gabby doesn't have a great deal of toys either. She has soooo many stuffed animals but not much to play with. I will have to get out and get her some more as she starts getting more interested. Good to hear the Infant's Friend helped Mason out. It's good when you can help out their windy pains.

Dee - it's so amazing watching them discover things, isn't it? It certainly makes you forget all the hard bits (if only for a little while).

Michelle - how is Alex going? Bummer that he wouldn't take to the water.

Alex is doing well he is getting so chubby now. I was thinking of changing his formula from S26 to S26 gold as some ppl have said that using that one has helped get there baby to sleep all night.
    At the moment he is still waking twice a night he did go 5hrs between feeds last night but of course he woke an hour after i got in to bed.

Fi - Good luck for when you start TTCing agian and the sale of your house.

Shannon - Sorry to see you where on here at 2a.m it's horrible when they can not sleep. Really hope Jess starts to sleep better for you soon.

Nell, I leave it plugged in and on standby as like I said I like it to be hotter. I guess if you had guests over and knew that you'd be having a few cuppas you'd leave it on. Not sure about the power bill though. Plus I don't like the idea of a kettle full of boiling water all the time with a very active and climbing toddler around. Do you have Good Guys or anything like that? What about trying Harvey Norman?

Fi, OMG I can't believe your already thinking about TTC again. Good luck with it anyway. I'm sure all will go well for you. Yay on your house being nearly sold too, didn't take too long given the market atm.

Take care
    Trish

Hey All!

I have a very noisy girl on my hands at the moment! Shannon, if I'd known you were up at that hour as well, I'd have been on here with ya! The CHN said that usually their crying peaks at around 6 weeks when they're having that growth spurt. Hannah will be 6 weeks this Saturday. She also said I have to encourage Hannah to have sleeps in her bassinette during the day (normally she dozes off in the pram or hugabub if at all)....I am currently trying to settle her to sleep after playing with her all morning, and feeding and changing her. She has other ideas apparently! I can't believe how awake she is! I'd be lucky if she sleeps 10 hours a day in total. Part of that happens if I go out in the car or with the pram..... I can't understand why she won't sleep? It just makes her grumpy and difficult - and it makes me grumpy and difficult too!!!!

We had such a good routine going until this week.

I am trying to catch up with everyone's posts, but Hannah is screaming and it's hard to concentrate with a kid screaming in your ear! Will try again to respond to everyone later....

Hey everyone

Still raining with no end in site so far! Glad i am not down the gold coast though and surrounding areas, sounds terrible with the flooding etc.
    Going a bit stir crazy being housebound at the moment though, hope the weather is ok tommorow so i can get out of here! But have to go pay bills so nothing to look forward too really.
    Mason is barely sleeping during the day now also, he has also put himself on another diet, give him a top up feed half way through today to try and up his milk intake.
    Otherwise all is well and i still havent lost thoughts of having another one yet! Thinking of TTC in december so there will be nearly a year and a half gap. Will probally bring it up with hubby today and see what he thinks. Maybe the feelings will wear off by December, but i am thinking not likely at this point

Well anyway enough from me

Take care
    Belinda

Belinda & Fi - I would say i can't believe you guys are already thinking of TTC again becuase we are going to start again at the end of the year.

I went shopping today and brought Alex a new pair of trousers and a toy. I love looking in the sales i could have brought lots of stuff but had to hold back as DH would have killed me.

wow, we havent even discussed the idea of another one yet, theat would send me into a frenzy. we will probably ttc when jackson is almost two, want to have toime just to enjoy hime and spoil him for a while.

he is smiling heaps now, have put a pic of it on website, is so funny, his whole face lights up. had health centre app. today, is gaining weight perfectly and his patterns are really settling down. isnt much of a day sleeper, half an hour to an hour a couple of times a day, but gets a good 5 hour sleep in during the night before going back to three hours, so am really enjoying my sleep! speaking of which am off to have a nap now, DH's day off!

Fi - yay at probably having your house sold and it`s fantastic that you and Shane have decided to TTC #2, I`ll let you know tomorrow after my OB appointment if I`ll be joining you, it`s funny in the last month I`ve gone full circle from wanting to TTC straightaway to not wanting to (thoughts of my c/s and being scared) and now I`m back to really wanting another one but at the same time worried that I might miss out on Matthew growing up but then I also have the thought that he might miss out on a sibling and also at the same time Mark and I aren`t getting any younger, I`ll be 31 tomorrow!!!

Min - sounds like all is going well with you and Jackson and your getting more sleep at night now.

Michelle - It`s lovely buying them new clothes or toys, I always get a kick out of it myself.

Belinda - yeah the weather sounds terrible around Coolongatta/Gold Coast area, we`ve had constant drizzle for 24 hours here but they have given us a severe weather warning tonight and expect flooding in some areas.

Juliette - Matthew went a few days a couple of weeks back of not sleeping, I was lucky to get 1 - 2 hours out of him during the day, thank goodness after a few days of this he slowly went back into his routine, so I hope it`s just a phase Hannah is going through for you.

Deb - it is amazing watching them discover their hands and feet, he`s very interested in his hands at the moment, my MCHN said he wouldn`t discover them until he was 3 months, makes me wonder is she wrong or he`s just discovered them early.

Shannon - Hope all goes well with the test results. Hope Jessalyn sleeps better for you tonight

Nat - the posts aren`t going back to your post and I can`t remember what you wrote #-o so I`ll just say that I hope your all well.

Hopefully I`ve replied to everyone.

Take Care

Deeanne

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast