Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

I think it might be the weather too Deb (that is if it's cold in Geelong as well!) that's making you tired. Cold weather always makes me want to snuggle up in bed! Zander was the same yesterday - got fussy with all the different people around, took him inside & he was pretty good.

Awww Tanya you poor thing Wato needs to get his act together I think. Maybe organise to go out & don't tell him, see how it is whent he shoes on the other foot so to speak. And hey, we all have this sort of "crap" that we whinge about from time to time, so don't apologise, we understand.

Almost almost slept through myself Trish. Only got up twice to check on him, so pretty close! He's taken to putting his blankets over his face so I kept checking to make sure he hadn't suffocated himself or something! Sounds like little miss Tehya had a good night last night. How are the cat naps going? I gave up on my washing cos it looked like it was going to rain here as well, but it didn't in the end.

We had a pretty good sleep last night. Bed at 11.00, a bit of grizzling at 3.30, then a bottle at 5.30, so not too bad all in all.

Very nervous atm, Zander has to get his needles doen at 1pm 8-[ I am sooo going to cry I just know it!

Aww Sarah, I am sure you'll be fine. It isn't very nice tho, but they get over it pretty quickly. Violet doesn't get hers till thursday (when the council vac nurses come to Dookie).
    Sounds like you had a good sleep again . Violet had a good night too. Feed at 9:15pm, up at 3, back in bed at 4 and back up at 8am. No complaining here.
    How are Zanders ears? Do you still think his teeth are the reason? I don't think Violet will get teeth for many months, just like her sister, but then again Alecia got hers at 5 months.
    I have Violet in cloth nappies atm, and during last nights feed at 3am she did a huuuuge poo... I bet you can't guess what happened!! :mad: it all came out the lag hole!! So she needed a complete change... grr I hate when that happens!
    Also forgot to tell you all that shehas stared to laugh Doesn't happen too often, but it's a start.

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww, Tanya! That's so cute that Violet has started to giggle! I can't wait to hear Gabby's first laugh. I don't think it's far off. Not so cute about the poo tho! Lovely! Yay for another good sleep!

Sarah - yay for Zander sleeping better too! Hope you do ok with his needles. I need to book Gabby in for hers this week too. Forgot to say, congrats on 8 weeks yesterday for Zander and for Violet. Do you think that last 4 weeks has gone faster than the first 4? I think they have!

Gabby slept from 10pm-7am again. I woke at 5am so only half-slept for the last 2 hours (bit hard to sleep properly with full boobs!) but it is refreshing, that's for sure. God help me if and when she goes through he growth spurt and I have to wake up during the night. I have been spoilt!

I am getting SICK of people asking; "Is she a good baby?". What am I going to say? "Nah, she's a rotten little thing!". It's a dumb question, don't you think? What makes a baby "good"?. Not crying when that's their only way to communicate? Sleeping through when it is actually more normal for them to wake up during the night? Honestly!

Deb, everyone askes that hey. Even I have been guilty on that one. It's true though, how many mums turn around and say "well no really, she's a right little so and so". Looks like everyone around here is getting a good nights sleep atm. Everyone except me that is. No problem on the pics either. And yep I know she's a cutey. When are you putting more pics of Gabby up?

Sarah, be strong sweety and know that it is better than him getting sick from any of the diseases. Easy to say I know, don't forget the Panadol beforehand too.

Tanya, is Trivia on every week? Maybe you can TELL Wato that you are going this weekend and he WILL look after the girls with no alcohol or friends over. Just some quality time together with his daughters. Yay at getting a good night again. UGGG at the poo. Midnight changes are the worst. I was out yesterday(learning to drive the van again) n e way, Tehya only had a VIP nappy on (present, we normally use Huggies) and she did a big poo right up to the top of her nappy and of course above it, she got it on her singlet and bodysuit and of course I had no spare clothes with us ](*,)

Fi, Nell, Nat and Zola hope you are all going well and bubs are behaving themselves.

Tehya had a crappy night. I crashed out early - around 9.30pm and went into bed. Tehya woke around 1.30ish then again another 3 times by 6 am. She had a blocked nose again and was having trouble breathing and feeding. I got out the Fess at 6 and cleaned her nose, changed her bum and gave her another feed and we crashed until 8am. She has been awake since then though.

No swimming today for Noah, he woke up yesterday with a runny nose now today he has a cough, runny nose and a slight temp. I called to say I wasn't taking him as he was sick and his teacher say "you know your supposed to call before 9 am so we can rearrange lesson" he has 3 other kids in his class - not like they are going to cancel them for 1 kid not coming. Rude bugger.
    Kids are bathed and dressed but I still haven't got near the shower. I hate going when Tehya is awake and only Noah is here. Just don't trust him to be left alone with her yet, kwim?

Have done a couple of loads of washing but yet to hang it out. Hmmm I wonder how much of it I can put throught the drier.....

Take care
    Trish

Yup, I remembered what you said about the panadol Trish, so am planning on giving it to him just before we leave. I'm planning on walking down to the Drs which will take about 1/2 an hour so it should have kicked in by then. IKWYM about the VIP nappies we had a few incidents with them as well, nothing too bad though. Yuck at the crappy night & Noah being sick as well. Good luck with your shower

Yup Deb I think that the last 4 weeks have gone much much faster than the first 4, weird hey? Sick of the "is he a good baby?" over here as well!!

Zander's ears are pretty good now actually Tanya. He's still a bit grizzly and chewing on his hands, but better than last week. Yucko at the nappy too!

Better run the little man is calling!

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG, Trish! I can't believe how rude Noah's swimming teacher was to you. Surely she knows your situation?? Sometimes ringing before 9am is just impossible! Hope that your driving lessons are going well. I have made it a vow to learn how to drive a manual before I am 30. Got a few years to go yet so I will probably put it off until I am 29 and a half, LOL.

Sarah - Good idea about walking to get Zander's injections done. The fresh air on the way home will probably do him the world of good (as well as the panadol). I still have to call to book Gabby in. I better do that soon while she is asleep.

Some days it can be so nice and easy. She is generally up for an hour (to the dot!) including her feed then I wrap her up and cuddle her to sleep. Sometimes I sit there for an hour just cuddling and watching TV - it's so nice. I put her down in her bouncer but it varies as to the length of time she sleeps. Still, it's nice to know what she needs now. That was half the trouble in the first few weeks I think - just not knowing what her cries were about. Now I think back, half the crying that I thought was hunger was probably just needing to be wrapped and cuddled to sleep!

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - are you able to delete my double-post? I have tried editing it but it won't work.

Have booked Gabby in for her injections on Friday when Neil can be there (and hold her while she is screaming).

Nope I'm not able to delete it Deb, but will get one of the mods fr this forum onto it

Take Neil with you for sure on Friday - it's horrible & you'll need someone there My sister was supposed to come but she got called into work. We didn't get to walk though, we were all set to go, Zander in the pram & everything but it started to sprinkle #-o If it was just me I'd have still walked, but not with the little man.

He was asleep when we got there & I took him out of his capsule fine, undid his suit so his legs were out and he still slept! He had the polio drops which must've been sour cos he pulled the funniest face!! I stuck his dummy back in & he was awake but not upset. He had 3 needles - there used to be 2, but now that the pneumococcal (sp?) one is free he got that too. BTW you can choose to have all of them done at once or the pneumcoccal one at 3months & 5months - but then they'd be getting needles at 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 months, I preferred just at 2 / 4 / 6 months if that makes sense?? So he screamed with the first one, calmed done, screamed with the second one, calmed a little bit & absolutely howled with the third one He went bright red, held his breath & just SCREAMED. I must admit that mummy had a bit of a cry too 8-[

So now I have a sleeping bubba with sore legs. The Dr said that the pneumococcal one will be sore for a few days

Other than that he was weighed & measured again. He's now 60cm & the Dr said she thinks he's going to be tall. Sadly though he is only 5.1kg now which means in 8 weeks he's only put on 1.1kg which is not good at all. The Dr suggested I try him on 3 hourly feeds cos reflux bubs prefer smalled meals more often. I just hope it works. She said I need to keep a close eye on his weight as well.

Aww sorry to hear that Zander isn't gaining weight too well. All this from a bub that was a good size born. Do you think that he will take his feeds every 3 hours? Does this mean you willhave to wake him over night to get more feeds in? Sorry so many ?? It's horrible watching them get their needles isn't it. It's like 1 is bad enough but 3!!!

Deb, I know what you mean. Generally we are all bathed (me showered) and dressed by 9 at the latest. Not this morning though and I think around 9am I was busy bathing Tehya. Stuff him I say. He can be quite abrupt and he's only young too, needs a clip over the ears I say

Fi, hope all is ok with you, you've normally been on by now.

Tehya actually had about 2 hours sleep on the lounge. Yes it was broken but sleep none the less. And I finally got to have my shower. It was after 2 though, atleast it's done before Mark gets home.
    Mum invited us to dinner at her house tonight. I love it when I get to go out for tea - hehe thats the closest it comes to these days.

Take care
    Trish

Tanya - it sound like even seasoned professionals like yourself still have issues with the babies daddies and getting some time out. How are the rest of us supposed to do it if you guys have problems too!!
    I spat it at shane on Saturday, but it was only a little one, and was kinda siully, so no biggy. He has started badgering me about sex, and I just keep telling him that being overtly annoying about it aint going to help!!
    As for the cloth nappies, I am really happy that I have only had one poo blowout so far, and only a couple of wee leakages. My nappies are so much fun.... small things amuse small minds!

Sarah - sorry to hear the immunisations were so tough. I am definitly not doing it wothout Shane, but now I have to figure out whether to do them before we go to NZ or when we get back as it hits bank on the 8 week mark. I'll probably get them done before we go just to be safe.
    And the weight thing is a worry, at least you are onto it now, it should be OK to manage yeah??

Deb - I dont know how you go to so many parties. I would go spastic I think!! mind you, my little girl goes to the footy and netball once or twice a week, so not much difference? Keep practicing witht he hug-a-bub, you'll get there. I used it at the market and it was wonderful. But when we went out for lunch, no suck luck settling her in it. I find I have to be moving when she is cranky otherwise she wont settle.

Trish - How is the van driving going?? You must be jujst about there? And as for the baby comments, Mum and I decided people just want to hear the bad news. We normally say - she's an OK baby, and feeds and sleeps failry well. People dont really care anyway, they just like to look at you and say "She's not getting much sleep!!". if they really cared they would come over and hang out my washing, not just come over and expect cuddles.

OK - better get into the shower. I missed out today on a shower, but did get to sleep in a little, so I'm not complaining too loudly. Thats the only thing I didn't get done as I have eaten plenty and had about 2L of water, done 3 loads of washing including the nappies. I just have to get some vegies and fruit from the supermarket, and I can crash for the day. Phew!!

Fi

Honestly Trish I don't think he will take his feeds every 3 hours. At the moment it's a struggle to get him to take a full bottle at 4 hours, but we'll have to see. She did say though not to worry about waking him overnight, to let him do his own thing otherwise he'll never sleep through! Enjoy dinner tonight. We're at mum's too, it's great once a week there & once a week with the inlaws - 2 nights not cooking, gotta love that!

Fi, you always make me tired with all the things you do! I was impressed with 2 loads of washing today & eating breakfast at 11.30 LOL!

Debbie Lee Guest

Poor little Zander! Oh it must have been horrid being all by yourself, Sarah! Sorry to hear he isn't putting on the weight as well as he should. Maybe he just had a bit of a plateau? Not all of us can fit into the "schedule" of things so I bet he is just fine

Fi - wow you are a busy girl. And, you are right about going to netball etc. as being the equivalent to all these parties I go to. At least I get to sit around and pass the baby. You do a mighty fine job getting out and about! I hope you manage to grab a shower once Shane gets home. I make it my number 1 goal to get a shower every day and everything else can just wait (though I am not using cloth nappies so that would be no. 1 if I was!). If she doesn't want to sleep, the bouncer and the dummy come into the bathroom with me. If she cries, she cries. I neeeeeeeed a shower! Funny, I never really cared about them so much before, LOL.

Trish - hope you have a lovely dinner tonight.

Oh crap.. she's crying...

Just quickly - weighed her today (took her up to the health centre and weighed her myself) and she has put on 490grams in 3 weeks. Not too bad

Hi guys

Sarah, sorry Zander had such a horriblle time with his injections. When Bas had his I was crying before the needle was even out of the packet! Hopefully he won't be sore for too long. Hopefully he might start to take his feeds a bit more often, but he'll probably have a huge growth spurt soon and you won't have to worry.

Trish, Tehya is such a cutie! I hope she starts to sleep a bit better during the night for you though

Tanya, I hope Wato starts behaving himself. Thats really unfair that he wont let you have an evening to yourself. It must be hard to deal with Emily and Violet both being so little without having much support. Give him a smack upside the head from me

Deb, Gabby sounds like she's a very well behaved little girl. Isn't it great the first night you hear them cry, look at the clock and it's actually a reasonable hour

Fi, poor Jenna and the choking on all your milk. It won't be too long before she'll be able to keep up with you though

Well...Bas is really doing well. He's been sleeping through without his middle of the night feed since he was 4 weeks (with a couple of exceptions). Even now, he might only wake up in the night once or twice, and it's usually because he's got tummy pains. He's fully on formula now and has been since 5 weeks. My nipples were cracked something shocking and were bleeding with every feed.. even with using a nipple shield. He seems to have settled down on the formula now though, but it took a while. He doesn't seem to sleep much during the day now, he'll maybe have two naps of about an hour. But he's generally pretty happy, and he has the cheekiest smile!!

We went for a walk along the beach this morning.. it's sooo cool!!! (I know small things make me happy )

Anyway, enough from me for now. Felius is hijacking the laptop.

Debbie Lee Guest

Zola - good to hear that Bas has settled down on the formula. Sometimes it's just not worth all the pain and angst to continue bfing hey? How nice your walk along the beach sounds! We hardly ever go to the beach (which is silly since we live just minutes away from the best beaches in the world!) and it's going to be too cold to go with Gabby soon. I should get Neil to come with me on the weekend. Gabby can go in the hug-a-bub and we can let the dogs have a good run. Sounds like you are enjoying your new house. It must be sooooo nice!
    Even though I like my house, I do look forward to the day we can afford to move into something bigger and newer. I would love to build but Neil isn't too keen. I have never lived in a new house as Mum and Dad have always rented. I shouldn't complain tho, hey? At least we have a mortgage. That's a big step in itself!

I have to spend more time with my maltese x shih tzu, Charlie. The poor little man used to be so spoilt and now he barely gets a brush a week (I used to brush him every day). His hair is all feral and he stinks, LOL. Not good considering he likes to sleep on a pillow next to Gabby (he adores her now!). Every time I have to go inside to her crying, he runs right up to her and sniffs at her. He knows what it's all about!

mooshie Guest

hi ladies

just popping in to say to sarah to try not to worry to much about zanders weight gain - i know it can be a worry. lani was not a reflux bub but she has been terrible with the weight gain - she was 8lb 9oz born and her best weightgain was in the hospital from her first check with mchn she has only averaged around 100gms a week - i was really concerned at first but my mchn assured me she was well in proportion and her thing was that any gain was a good gain, she said she would worry if she went backwards or put no weight on over some time. she was fully b/fed until around 5mths when i started introducing formula and solids even now with only 1 b/feed a day and 4 milkfeeds and 3 meals of solids she is really slow at the weightgain - at her 6mth check her weight gain was only 500gms from 4mths and today at her 8mth check another 500gms so she has now only just hit the 7kg mark (not even double her birth weight yet) and is 70cms tall - my ds was 2kg heavier and 5cm taller at the same time (and they were the same weight born give or take 1/2 oz) anyway i am rabbitting on here sorry.

just wanted to let you know not to beat yourself up about it - and your doc knows and will advise you, things will be fine.

Morning all,

Well we had a good night here. Fed bub just after 9pm. I went to bed about 10:30 and thought to myself how well she was doing, I just put her to bed and she goes to sleep. Well half an hour later she is crying! So I picked her up and almost threw her at Wato in the lounge room and said, "Your turn for crying babies", and went back to bed. I woke up at 6:45 when Alecia was getting in the shower, I realised that Wato had come and gotten is pillow and was asleep in the loungeroom. I couldn't work out why. Then I thought how good Violet had been, I hadn't even heard her make any noise, then I thought I hope she is ok!! I finally realised that she must've slept out in the lounge with Wato. Anyway I got up at 7:20 and made alecia lunch and got Emily her breaky (Alecia go her up), said goodbye to Alecia, had a shower with Emily then got us dressed. Then I thought I should get Violet up or she'll never get back to sleep. This was at 8am. I went into the lounge took her dummy out of her mouth and she stayed asleep, so I picked her up and took her into my room and just shoved my boob in her mouth... needless to say she was hungry!
    Wato said it took him 2hrs to get her to sleep and then he didn't hear from her

Sarah, if you are giving Zander a bit less in his bottle, he should get hungryier sooner... well it sound good in theory

Zola it sounds like Bas is doing well. How much does he weigh now? He must be a monster... j/k.

Tanya

Tanya - Shane did the same last night with Jenna. After trying to get her odown for about 2 hrs, I just gave her to him and said - Take this child away from me!!!!! Then I got to sleep from 9:30 til 3am!! YAY!!!!!! Then I went to bed with her in the spare room after she was fed, and we slept until 8:30!! Yeeha!! I feel human again.

I've decided to try and be more strict with her during the day, and make her take more naps. (How do you make a baby do anything??) Rather than letting her sleep on me where I dont get anythign done, I'm going to be really good about wrapping her after a feed and putting her down. At elast this week. Maybe next week something else will take my fancy. Its amazing how much difference having the radio on in her room makes though, itmeans other noises just dont wake her up.

Deb - I hardly ever get to hold Jenna at netball - normally eveyone else is busy cuddling her. AT least her immune system will be strong right? And the nappies really take hardly any time at all. I would be lucky to spend 15 mins on them a day, including hanging them out. ALthough I have had them inside on the drying rack too many times lately, and they are beginning to smell. Time for sun bleaching I think!

Zola - Your nipple sounds awful - thank god mine never bled otherwise I might have given up too!! As it is, the nipple shield has done the job, and I should be back to normal in a few more days. I cant wait to stop using it, I get sick of washing it all the time. Lucky you getting all that sleep, and yay on the smile. I'm starting to get them from Jenna when I sing silly songs to her, and it makes me laugh too!

Sarah - I dont think I get that much done ata ll. I have been watching WAY too much daytime telly. Its giving me the $hits. Its all such rubbish. But I got breakkie this morning while I fed her. Yoghurt is great in muesli cause it holds it all together on the spoon as I move it from the table, across Jenna and in my mouth. No spillage this morning, but she has ended up with some food on her head! And I refused to not have a shower before lunch today - I made it in at 11:50. LOL.

Fi

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast