Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Hey ladies,

Hope you are all well. I haven't been I have been MIA because of a 'viral infection' since last Thursday and only today have felt better. I have sooo much to catch up on! I doubt I will! Luckily neither Matty or DH have caught it and DH has been home looking after Matty and me.

Sarah - I think you are soo lucky having the nurses look after the bubs while you have the info sessions. I didn't go to this weeks but last weeks I missed most of it due to Matty spewing everywhere and somehow getting through his nappies.

Trish - that is so cute to get Tehya's ears pierced. I hear you on the VIP's as well, I am using Dymples from BIG W, it's their brand and they are just as good as Huggies I think and sooo much cheaper.

Zola - good to see you back, great that Bas is putting on the weight. Matty is now 5.6 kgs and he was 5.5 kgs one month ago, so not much put on, but MHCN doesn't seem worried by this so I'm not worried as he has been putting on stacks before.

Fi - Matty sleeps through all the time now, 12 hours overnight and my boobs have just adjusted to it. I am full in the morning and express heaps after feeding him, but I think you'll just adjust.

Deb - thanks for checking on me I am glad that Charlie likes having Gabby around. Our cat loves Matty too and will sit on the edge of the bath tub when he is having a bath - very cute. Good on you for having that huge walk!I really must do more myself. I plan on doing groceries in the hug a bub as well.

Tayna - gotta LOL at pooh blowouts - you know that I have had my fair share of them! Hopes things are happier for you now.

Have I missed anyone? Sorry if I have, Matty is going well and since we are now 3 months old, we no longer officially belong to this forum but I'll stick my head in! Matty is grabbing things, putting them in his mouth - so fun to see!

Oh no Nell, sorry to hear you've been sick. The info sessions are great, if the bubs are upset or need breastfeeding they're brought into their mums. Last week we were all worried about leaving our babies, this week we left them & wanted to stay longer LOL! I think I might try the Dymples nappies if they are just as good but cheaper than the huggies ones. Yay at being 3 months old as well & grabbing at things, I can't wait for that!

Yay on the big walk girls! Tomorrow seeing as Aaron is home I'm hoping we can go for a walk, that is if it's not raining again.

I try not to leave Bear in the room alone with Zander either Fi. Oh no at Lily biting Jenna, Bear's a biter too but I think she's too scared of Zander at the moment!

Sounds like you had a good day Deb.

Tanya, that's a relief that Violet hasn't put on much either, makes me feel like it's not so bad after all. We do really have a little set of twins don't we LOL?! OMG at all the nappy blowouts, touch wood we haven't had one just yet. Wow at Alecia's boobs & how stupid is that boy?!

No nappy blowouts, but he did a nice big poop on his wondersuit tonight while I was changing his nappy.... And a big pee & spew nearly all at the same time! I think he was just putting on a show for his Godmother!

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmmm... I was just packing up the car to go to Mum's. I was running around while Gabby was crying in her rocker and kept spitting her dummy out. I finally got organised and went in to get her and she had put herself to sleep! DOH! Why can't she do that when I want her to sleep?? LOL Ah well, Mum isn't expecting us until 11am n e way so I will let the little munchkin sleep. I am surprised she needs it considering she slept 10 hours last night!! I put her to bed early because I was buggered after our walk so she was down by 9:30pm. Didn't wake up until 7:30am!! OMG! No complaining here. I even got breakie and the banking in before she woke.

Nellbe- good to see you back. Sorry to hear you have been so sick. So cute that the cat sits on the edge of the bath to watch Matty. That's not Tobi, is it? Yay @ reaching 3 months already! SO cute hearing that he is able to use his hands more. Can't wait for that sort of stuff!

Sarah - get any good sleep last night? I hope so. I too have been thinking about trying out some cheaper nappies (though I don't think I will go near baby love again in a hurry). We don't have a Big W here in Geelong (which is stuuuuupid but dems the breaks!). There is one in Werribee which isn't all that far away so I should make the effort, hey?

Trish - don't de-value the walk around the shopping centre! You burn soooo many calories that way. Plus, you are running around after 4 kids so I think you definitely get your fair share of exercise in, girl!

Fi - sorry to hear that Jenna didn't sleep well once you got home. It was a big day for them, hey? Gabby was pretty fussy too. I was getting so frustrated. I said a few nasty things and Neil was really worried about me. I would never, ever do them (like I said I wanted to throw her through the window, LOL) but I get like that when I am tired and frustrated. I always talk about divorce when I am peed off with Neil because I know it's the nastiest thing I can say. I'm like a big kid sometimes! If I don't get my way, look out! Hope Jenna-Benna slept better over night tho. Thanks again for yesterday. And also thanks for talking me out of that ice cream! I really didn't need it!

So... just waiting for the Gabster to wake up so I can head to Mum's for the day. She lives a good 20 minutes away so we haven't been there much at all (only the once when I cracked the poos with Neil at 5 in the morning) lol.

Hey all, glad to hear everyone is OK! Deb - maybe you should try putting Gabby down earlier and see what happens??? Talked to SIl last night, and she puts their 9week old down at about 7:30 everynight, and she sleeps to 6-7am!! OMG!!! How good would that be?

Anyway - just a quick one to say I'm going AWOL for the rest of the week and probably next week too. I have heaps of study to do, and I use my free time on here rather than hitting the books. I might try to check in on the weekend, but otherwise wont be around for a few days. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy. (and I get my essays written!!!)

Fi

Deb - one of my g/f's was saying that they are building Big W out at Newcomb? Not sure where or when but that's what she heard. She has to come to Werribee as well for stuff from there. The dymples nappies start at 5kg's , just to let you know.

Yeah our kitty cat is Toby, he is so curious and loves being in the thick of things, he just loves smoochy up to Matty, it's so cute!

Fi - good luck with getting those essays done.

Hey girls,
    Violet had her shots yesterday, she was ok, a bit grumpyfor a couple of hours after, not temp or anything, so I didn't give her any meds.

Yay for Violet and Zander... 2 months today!!

Fi, it sounds like your SIL has a good routine going, congrats to her.

Em has swimming today, I am going in with her and Wato is going to stay out with Violet, I have some EBM for her cause she is due for a feed about then. Wato doesn't want to go in with Em today because he is covered in eczema.

Tanya

2 months today for Zander & Violet

I was just thinking that all of the bubbas must've been demanding or something yesterday cos we were all so quiet :-k

I would looove your SIL's sleep of a night Fi! Good luck with the studying & uni work too.

So typical of you being organised & then bub decides to sleep hey Deb! I'm sure they know LOL

Zander had his last bottle at 7.45 last night at Granny's & then was in bed at 10.30 - I should've woken him for a feed, but was too tired myself! He woke up at 2.30 then at 6.15 and now has been asleep since 7.00

I'm thinking of going to get me some new pants today - I have one pair of jeans that fit cos all of my pre-preg stuff doesn't do up still ](*,) My only problem is lack of money, Aaron was really nice about saying to just use the credit card cos I can't go round in 1 pair of jeans all winter. So I think I'll go down to Target - they have a buy 1 pair of pants gets a 2nd at 50% off sale at the moment. So I was thinking 2 pairs for about $45, plus I've got a $15 give voucher, so hopefully I can get away with 2 pairs of pants for around $30 - at least that's the plan!

Nothing much planned for the weekend here, anyone got something exciting to do?

OMG Tanya, swimming today????? Isn't it a little cold? Well it is here at least - 9.8deg!

I was busy organsing the house yesterday Sarah, still not organised... and that's what we are doing for the weekend, not very exciting but I will so glad to get it done!

Have a great time shopping, lucky you have the gift voucher and it is best to get stuff like this on special.

Tanya - have fun swimming. I have been thinking about going with Matthew myself. I must look into that. Hope Wato is okay.

More house organsing for me today. Something is wrong with DH's digital camera and I can't remember where I packed the box and manual, so I am on a mission to find that today.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey guys,
    We are having a nice, quiet morning today because Gabby has her injections this afternoon. I am hoping SO much that it doesn't interfere with her sleeping pattern. Selfish, huh? I am also terrified of the look on her face when they are getting done. I was in tears last night thinking about it! I am so glad Neil is coming with me.

Tanya - good to hear that Violet was ok after her injections. What a brave little girl! It will be nice for you to go swimming with Em. A bit of a break and some quality time with her that you probably don't get much of any more, hey?

Nell - have fun organising the house! That's gotta be the fun bit about moving to a new place. It gets boring when you have been there for a few years tho, lol (thus the reason why my place is feral! - Fi will back me up on that one ). Hope you find the manual to the digital camera.

Sarah - good luck with the jeans. The sale on at Target is good. I got some jeans from there but I had to get them from the fat-chicks section and they were hideous on! So I just have to get around in my maternity jeans until my belly goes back to its normal, blubbery self, LOL. Have fun shopping n e way. You are right, you can't get around all winter with only 1 pair of jeans. Sounds like Zander slept ok last night. Still, it would be good if you didn't have to get up at all, hey?

Gabby woke up at 5am this morning for the first time in a while (still, she was asleep from 10pm so I am not gonna complain!). I kept her wrapped to feed her cos I thought she might just want a top-up but she was wide awake once I took her off! Ah well. Her nappy was veerrrrrry wet so I think that might have woken her up initially. After an hour, I put her back down in her cradle then went back to bed myself, expecting to wake up within 30 minutes like she always does but she slept until 8:30am! Yay! So definitely no complaints here. She is down for another nap now. She can barely go an hour and a half without getting grumpy and tired all over again.

Neil's Aunty and Uncle are coming over tomorrow morning :roll: I am so not in the mood! It means I have to get the house in order. It desperately needs a mop and vacuum and a good airing out. I know I should be doing that now but I really can't be stuffed!

Hi All,

I know I said I wouldn't be on, but I'm just here for a second to post my exciting news!! we had 10pm til 4am last night!! WOOHOOOOO!!!! It was very exciting, although I had loopy dreams about bfding her and her being in bed just like when I came home from hospital.

So - Tanya - great to get the jabs out of the way. Well done for Violet. Sarah - good luck on the jeans front - I have to get back into my clothes soon I hope, but in the meantime I have about 6 pairs of jeans ranging from size 12 to 16, so I should be fine for a while. Hope Target has what you want.
    Deb - have fun with the aunty and uncle! And nell - I hopt you find the manual. Right thats it from me - back to the books.

Fi

Wow, 2 days without a post from me. Aren't you guy's lucky.

Fi, woohoo on the great sleep. Heres hoping she keeps it up for you.

Deb, I'm sure Gabby will be fine with her injections. Don't you just love it when relo's come to visit. Especially ones of the in law kind

Nell, have fun with organising the house. I bet you'll be glad when it's all sorted out. How's Matty doing? Hopefully well.

Sarah, Hope you found some jeans to wear. I'm stuck on 2 pairs of jeans atm. Is Zander being a good boy today? Yay on him being 2 months old too.

Tanya, a big Yay to Violet for the 2 months too. Too cold to go swimming here. Have fun.

My last 2 days have been great fun. Tehya slept really good on Wednesday night. She was in bed by 9, woke at 3.20am, stuck her dummy in and she woke back up at 4.40am for a feed a little chat then back to sleep til around 7.30am. My bb's were killing me and took the better part of yesterday to settle.

Noah is still sick and last night I was up with him til 12am, got to bed at 1, Tehya woke at 2.30 for a feed, then again at 4.45 had boob then projectile vomited all over me and through the bed, changed went to give her a top up 20 minutes later and she did the same thing ](*,) after another change and a poo we finally got back to sleep around 6.15 and I got up at 7am. I want sleep!!!!

Took Noah back to the Dr's and it seems that his eardrum is so swollen it is on the verge of perferating!! Poor chook. He hasn't even been complaining that much and God knows he hasn't slowed down any. So he's on anti biotics to clear it up and the chest infection. And he's also on Ventolin through a spacer again. Have to go back tomorrow for them to check his ear drum.

Tehya's ears are going great, they haven't bothered her at all, thankfully.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Fi - I knew you wouldn't be able to resist popping in Yay for your magnificent sleep! Well done Jenna! Perhaps she is slowly getting the hang of this night-time bizzo?

Trish - your posts make me feel tired - I can only imagine what the reality must be like. How the hell do you do it? I just wouldn't have the patience. Poor Noah with his ear! Gosh, he is on a rough-trot with his health. All that gastro and now his ear. Good to hear that Tehya's ears are doing well.

Gabby just had a horrible feed. She just would not stay attached yet she screamed if I sat her up :roll: I must say, I was losing my patience at one stage and had to put her down and walk away for a little bit. Sometimes I feel like screaming "SHUT UP!!" to her when she won't stop crying. I tried swapping boobs but got the same story so I shoved the dummy in and low and behold she started dozing. She wasn't hungry, just tired! Where's one of those baby-machines from the Simpsons that tells you what the baby wants?? LOL

I want one of those machines too!

Good to see you Fi, hope that your studying is going okay. Yay for Jenna!

Good to see you too Trish, I don't know how you do it either! Do the older boys help out? I hope Noah gets better real soon and you can get some well earned sleep tonight.

Well I am a proud mum - my little man rolled over for the first time today! Very exciting!

Just dropped in to say Congrats Matty, what a clever little man you have Nell!

Best wishes Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow! Tha'ts unreal, Nell! What a clever little boy you are, Matty! Well done on rolling over for the first time!!

Well, the injections are done. I was about to leave when I thought I would change her nappy and she bloody-well pee'd all over the place so I had to change her clothes so we were a bit late! Neil held her leg for the nurse while I stood at her head while she got the injections. I felt like we were lulling her into a false sense of security because she was so happy to just lay there with her pants off, lol. With the first injection, she howled! The poor thing! Her face looked just like what I thought it would. The bottom lip dropped then the mouth was wide open. The cries got worse with each one. I cried with her. It was horrible! As soon as it was finished, I scooped her up and just held her for a bit. Then I got out the EBM bottle and she gobbled like there was no tomorrow. Every now and then she had a bit of a sook and a sigh. Neil didn't think it was so bad. "Sounds just like when she is hungry". No it bloody didn't! Not to me n e way. I guess he doesn't know the difference between a regular cry and a pain cry.
    She seemed ok after her bottle. It was 140mls so it doesn't surprise me that she was content! We did the groceries because I didn't fancy doing them on my own tomorrow and she slept in the trolley the whole time. She has been asleep since we got home. It's nearly been 4 hours since her bottle so I will have to stir her soon. The poor thing. The nurse said she would probably be a little drowsy. The panadol that I gave her before-hand probably made her drowsy too. I am not looking forward to her next lot of injections, that's for sure!

Yay for surviving the injections Deb =D> Isn't it funny how we have learnt what the cries mean, but the dad's don't have a clue! I suppose if they spent as much time with the bubs as we do they'd know. How'd the cleaning go?

Yaaaaay for Matty

My little monkey had apretty good day Trish. Poor Noah being sick still, hope his ear gets better quick smart.

Woohooooo on the good sleep Fi, fingers crossed you get another good one tonight.

Jeans shopping was a bust! Couldn't find anything really. I did however get some stuff for Fletch's baby shower & an outfit for Zander. We go to dinner at my parents on Mondays & PIL on Thursdays so I wanted a nice warm outfit he could wear for winter. The one I bought was $27 (with the 15% discount) - it's a blue jumpsuit with both feet & hads covered & a sleeping bag to go over top. The suit is plain, the sleeping bag has an elephant on it & holes cut out for his seatbelt to go through. It's sooooo cute on & super warm. He chucked on the sleping bag though so I can't take photos until next week for you guys to see - they have them in blue & pink

A funny thing happened while I was in Target as well. The Pixie Photo lady accosted me LOL!She said that they are updating the display photos in the studio so they needed cute babies to take photos of So he had some more photos done today & they are giving me a freebie one for doing it. I have to go there in 2 weeks to sign forms saying they can use his photos & to pick up the free one - I just have to restrain myself from buying copies of the rest, can't afford another $325!

Happy 2 months Gabby

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast