Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Nell i think i might just have to clone matty then!!

Deb and Fi I have checked up on both your new photos and my goodness they are growing, and into 2 adorable cute little gals as well!

LMAO @ thre bellybelly t-sirt deb...i must say i didnt notice at all. Are you missing teaching any? Stupid question i know 8-[ , just wondering if you get pangs...LOL

Sarah, Trish and Tanya i am off to catch an updated glimpse at your treasures as well....i bet they have grown so much aslo.

p.s. i am actually beginning to tell who is who now...they are developing their own looks.

Trish- I am thinking of you and your 2 littlies, hope everyone starts to get better soon, it's tough enough with 4 without 2 sick as well.

Chrissy I have had good sleepers too, they were sleeping 10hrs from 3 wks, 6 wks and 2 from 9wks. Jessica goes down now at 8pm and wakes at 7am, but she has done that since about 3 months. Some of us are luckier than others. hope you get one of the sleepy ones.

Hi girls hope you are all well
    Cheers Michelle

Fi, we're just experimenting with different bottles at the moment to get Zander to eat. So far he does the same thing on the Avent & a Playtex one which stops airbubbles forming. Today I'm trying him on the cheap Woolies brand ones! And woohoooo at Lara being finished \/ Had a look at Jenna's website & she is such a little cutie!

Deb I'm still not sure about leaving Zander for 3 full days just yet even if he will be next door 8-[ I have started selling some things on e-bay to get a bit of money that way, so far we've got over $200 for things we were just going to chuck anyway! Sounds like the meeting with your mortgage broker went well the other night, maybe we should look into seeing someone too.

Awwww I wanna a sleeping baby like that too Chrissy!! Nah, my bubba is all mine even if he is a little difficult to get to sleep

No fever or cold over here Nell. The worst thing is he took his bottle fine from the lady yesterday when I was at my Infant Class ](*,) Good, but not good if that makes sense LOL!

Tanya even when Zander gets up in the morning, after 6-ish hours he still does the same thing, so I don't think too he's tired. We're clutching at straws too as to what to do with him at the moment. The ECHN wasn't any help cos he fed ok yesterday when we were there! Awww how cute of Violet rubbing her eyes! Zander's latest trick is to suck on your neck when he gets tired!

I hope little Tehya is ok now Trish??? And that you're at least getting some sleep.

As for us, we had a big day yesterday, we left home at 9.30 for my class, it finished at 12.00 then some of us went to lunch until 3.45!!! Got home gave Zander a bottle then Aaron rang to be picked up. It's funny how I could work a 12hr day & not be too bad just last year, but now 9.30-3.00 is a loooong day LOL!

We talked about sleep & settling yesterday, as I thought I was doing some things wrong. Every time Zander starts to cry a bit in the night I get up to him so he doesn't wake Aaron up, problem is, they said that sometimes they can wake up going "OMG where am I?" cry a little bit, then realise where they are & go back to sleep. Our problem is that Zander doesn't get the chance to go back to sleep cos I jump up & bounce his hammock for him so he hasn't learnt that he can go back to sleep by himself. I'm trying their techniques today to see if it works, I did last night as well when I put him to bed & it worked really well. I refuse to let him cry for the 6mins that they recommend, Aaron laughed saying it was less than a minute, but hey I can adjust what they say to suit us. I wanted to try him in his own room, but it's a long way from ours & if I have the monitor on it defeats the purpose, but I'm not sure I'll hear him properly. Dunno, will have to think about it some more.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - I bet you will hear Zander if he is in his own room. Maybe try for one night - you may be surprised. I find that when Gabby is really crying properly, that's when I hear her. Because she is in a separate room, I don't hear all the little grizzles so I don't get up to her all the time. Easier said than done, I know! Everyone is different and every baby is different. Another thing might be to have the monitor on but have it outside your bedroom door so that you aren't waking to every little sound? I know you said that Zander's room is a fair way away from yours so maybe that's an option? I have a friend who has her baby waaaay down the other end of their newish house so she puts the monitor in the loungeroom outside her bedroom door. She hears the baby when she cries but not when she just grizzles as babies do sometimes during the night. Most important thing is - YOU have to be comfortable. If getting up to him works, who is to tell you to do any different? As for worrying about waking Aaron - he would probably sleep through it! LOL Neil does (though Gabby hasn't woken during the night for a while).

Chrissy - you are so right. Our little babies look less like little squishy newborns and more like little people now Not that there's anything wrong with a cuddly little newborn Can't wait until it's me checking out your bubba!!

Not much on today. We have another ANC reunion tonight so that everyone can catch up with our lovely Fi-Fi. Should be good
    BTW, Fi - had a chat to "Nuk" girl last night. Will fill you in when I see you tonight!

Hehe Deb, funny you should mention Nuk again! I was coming in to announce that my little man fed for the first time in days without screaming the house down - with a Nuk teat \/ Our biggest problem is that Aaron doesn't sleep real well, everything wakes him up in the night. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much cos at the moment Zander is going to bed at 11.00, grizzling at 4.00ish then up around 6.00 so it's not as bad as it was.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay! I am so glad you managed to find something that worked for Zander. It just had to be Nuk!! It's good that he is sleeping better tho. Much better for your sanity, I imagine!

Anyone want a couple of dogs?? They are driving me nuts!

Christy, I have to agree, they are all starting to look like their own selves now.

Fi, I had a look at Jennas page and she is just too cute. Funny, Mark was looking over my shoulder and I said "isn't she beautiful" and he was wondering when I had taken the photos of her in the bath. LOL he thought Jenna was Tehya. Obviously he thinks your daughter is beautiful too. Welcome to the catnaps sweety.

Deb, I think I need to show him(mark) pics of Gabby now, lets see if the hair confuses him Hope you have a great time at your ANC reunion tonight. No thanks to the dogs either. I came home before with a message on the answering machine from my midwife inviting me to a morning tea they are holding for the women that have had babies with them. I was thinking that I would love to go. But then she says when it is. TOMORROW. Thanks for giving me notice hey. I already have GREAT plans for tomorrow

Sarah, yay on getting Zander to have a decent feed and at getting him to settle abit better. It is very hard not to jump to the in the middle of the night hey. It's like the quicker I get to them the less they'll wake up and they'll go back down quicker. Well thats my thinking anyway. That and I don't want her to wake Noah or the big boys up. Don't care if she wakes Mark up though, he's her parent too.

Michelle, thanks for your well wishes. Your right it is hard with 4 and even harder when they are sick. There just aren't enough hours in the night. I'm not going to say day because I think I'm up long enough then. I want a really long night that I can sleep through.

Took Tehya back down for a checlup last night and the Dr rang through to one of the local hosp. to see if they had any beds vacant if we needed to go again night. I was very close to taking her as she started coughing, choking, spewing and generally having a really hard time breathing again. Once I got her to settle down it seemed to calm abit though. The Dr that saw her on Tuesday night at the hosp called to see how she was going too. I thought that was really nice of her especially as we are only public patients too.

She still isn't out of the woods though but is getting alot better. Sleeping more than she usually does - although I'm not complaining about that. Fingers crossed she is on the up and up. Noah is back at school today. There is noway I could've kept him home again, he was driving me mad. He is still on antibiotics til Sunday and his ear is still alittle inflamed but nothing like before.

Better go, time to go and pick up the little monster from pre school.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - sooooo good to hear that Tehya is a little better. Sounds bloody aweful! That was lovely of the doctor to ring. It goes to show that some of them genuinely care about their patients. I don't blame you for sending Noah back to preschool. He's gotta be over the worst of it by now anyway, hey.
    That reminds me, at our mother's group, the nurse was telling us to never send your child to childcare or school sick. The way she made it sound was that we shouldn't send them even if they have a little sniffle. Hmm.. yet another thing I disagreed with. Chances are, they caught it at school from someone who was spreading it around already so what does it matter? I mean, fair enough while they are reeeeeallly sick, but you can't wrap them up in cotton wool. And, some people have to work. I dunno, I think sometimes they have to explain themselves a little more clearly cos otherwise they are going to make some mums out there soooo paranoid that they won't want to leave their homes let alone take their kids out! She even started going on about germs on the supermarket trolleys. Sheesh!

Good to hear that little miss Tehya is getting better, even if she wasn't so great last night. LOL at having GREAT plans for tomorrow, it's funny so do I I totally agree with you on getting up before they wake up too much so you can get them back to sleep faster. I think I'll stick with what I'm doing of a night cos it seems to be working, but daytimes I might try something different cos he'll catnap on his own but sleep for 2hrs on me if I let him.

It is bad isn't Deb how the nurses don't explain things properly, you'd think they'd know better.

Got heaps done today - 4 loads of washing, cleaned the loungeroom & started on the kitchen / dining. I decided not to sit on BB all day & I didn't turn the telly on until after midday so that helped! Not that there's anything good on, but you know what it's like, it's just toooo easy to sit & watch telly than do anything!

Sarah, I think I'd get heaps more done if I had no puter Then I'd really have no life.

Deb, ikwym about them not explaining things properly although I think in the end commonsense should prevail with Kids health and germs. I'm not a paranoid mum at all, although there are things I hate my kids touching (now don't go lol'ing on me) you know the hand rails on the esculators, I think they are filthy and won't let the kids hold on. Who knows where peoples hands have been. The shopping trolleys can be pretty grotty and if I ever used them I made sure I had a blanket to line it first.

We were back down the Dr's AGAIN this afternoon with Tehya. She had a high temp again and was very drowsy and lethargic again. Dr was amazed that they had sent us home from hosp on Tuesday night and by the fact that they didin't do a chest xray. I have to call up tomorrow to book her in for one. He is worried that because has had temps since Monday that she could be getting pneumonia. Fantastic... Atleast if that is the case they can give her antibiotics to help clear it up. At the moment she has nothing because it's viral. I just feel so damn helpless with her.

Take care
    Trish

Just a quick one - past my bedtime!!
    Trish - I hope Teyha starts to imporve a little more. Tell Mark we think our little girl is cute too.
    Sarah - yay on the NUK!!! Thats great news. Hoping it keeps working for you.
    Deb - nice night out huh?? Although I will say I didn't think much of the young man who left early (no names....) Who brings cans of bourbon to a restaurant?? Whats the sotry with nuk girl??

No news here - gotta hit the sack before I balck out.

Fi

I agree to that without the computer I wouldn't have much of a life either Trish, sad hey?! I hope Teyha is feeling better & that there is nothing major going on.

How funny is this Fi, last night Zander took his Platex bottle & this morning, he took his Avent, both with no problems. I just don't know what to do with him sometimes!

It is soooo cold here today, outside temp is 8.3 inside 11 :shock: No wonder my knees are stuffed - I have bad joints that play up in the cold weather.

Anyways I better be off, leaving to Parramatta in 1.5hrs to meet with Trish & Fletch so I suppose I should be dressed soon hey

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah and Trish and Fletch - hope you have a good day today!

Sarah - I am the same. If I didn't come on BB, I would get heaps done. My mind would turn to mush, but I would have a clean house, LOL. Actually, if I didn't come on BB, I would probably find something else to do. Housework always comes last

Fi - yep, it was a good night out. I think perhaps the guy with the Jimmy Can brought it because they didn't have any money? They didn't order any dinner and left pretty early. Still, you're right - it's not a BYO. I can't believe that we were sitting across from the entired Fremantle footy club! Just to fill you all in, we were sitting at a big table with all our prams around. Some of us were breast feeding when a whole bunch of very tall, very good-looking blokes came in and sat at another big table across from us. We all assumed that they must be from some kind of sporting club because they all looked quite fit... and did I mention tall??
    N E way, it wasn't until we were about to leave that Neil realised that they were the Freo Dockers, LOL. So the whole time we were sitting there, we had no idea that it was actually an AFL team, hehehe. As we were walking out, Neil shouted at them "Go Cats!!" LOL So, if Freo lose thise week, we know it's cos Neil put them off their game. Soooo funny!

Trish - I hope they can find an answer to whatever is making little Tehya so sick. Going to and from the hospital and the doctors has gotta be a pain in the behind.

As soon as Gabby wakes up we are heading down to Mum's for the day. Hanna and Erin are hanging out with Mum today so I thought I would join them. It's hard to get us all in the same room these days. It's a pity Lauren has to work tho.

Deb - I thought that too about him, but it was still pretty embarrassing. It wasn't so much the fact they had no money - that bit doens't bug me at all, but he didn't even make any attempt to hide the fact he BYO!! I would have at least poured it into a glass as soon as opening it, and hid the can in the pram. Shane was surprised that they weren't living together, and I thought it was great. Too many times people force themselves into living together after an unplanned pregnancy, and at that age, there is no reason too. I think she would be really nice to catch up with without him there. I was really impressed she was bfding too - great to see a younger person doing it.

Poor Schapelle huh? 20 years!! It will be interesting to see what this does to the tourist industry there. I personally aren't interested in travelling to Bali - maybe other parts of indonesia, but then I dont really like the heavily commercial beach areas anyway. I hated Patong Beach in Thailand. Still feel sorry for the poor woman. I hope she only has to do about 5 years in Oz jail. we shall see!

Sarah - Zander is just trying to keep you on your toes I guess!! Little trickster. Hope you guys had a nice day together.

I went walking this morning - I was gone for about 3 hrs altogether, so I had to sneak into Maccas and feed her in the corner. Also I was getting blisters from the crap socks I was wearing, so I had to go to the supermarket to get some new ones. Changed them right there in the store too!! But it was good to get out and about. I am zonked though.

Hope everyone is well.
    Fi

Had a good morning with Fletch, but unfortunately Trish couldn't end up coming cos of Tehya being sick I bought myself a pair of jeans - $60 reduced to $25, then reduced again to $18 so that was really good

Yuck at the blisters Fi, don't you hate when socks do that to you!

LOL at the footy team being at your meetup Deb! Hope you have a good day with your mum & sisters.

Oops better go Zander is needing me....

Just got an SMS from Trish, Tehya is back in hospital with pneumonia. Mum's very stressed as you'd expect. Poor bubba, it took them 4 times to get her IV in

Oh poor Tehya, poor little mite. Poor Trish too, I would be stressed out of my head, send her our wishes Sarah, if you happen to SMS her again.

Sarah - glad that a mixture of brands is working atm. How is he today? How is he when you are out and about? Glad you got some jeans. - what a bargain!

Fi - how did you go today, bit chilly, hope you didn't get rained on.

Deb - glad the meet up went well. LOL at Freo being there, I just can't believe how much taller some AFL players are IRL.

Matty is still well, not liking sleeping during the day, cries alot when I try to get him to have a sleep so my days are pretty full on, but I am lucky he still zonks at night. Still, I am RS by the time DH comes home.

Have a good weekend!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast