Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05

Deb, what a fantastic nights sleep again. Lucky you. Scones... Yummy. Hope that you BIL comes and fixes up the rest of the stuff in the kitchen for you.

Nell, you are so right about the scrap pages, I think once you get your layout sorted out the rest of it flows along pretty smoothly. Although in ssaying that I ussually have a layout in mind and change it on the way through it. I made my Mum an album last year and filled it with pics of all of us kids and the grandkids. Then I made a box for it and decorated the lot. It took me months to do but was so worth it. I got tears out of her Showed the girls at the scrap shop I go to then I had to teach a class on it ](*,)
    SOunds like you got a great nights sleep too.

Naomi, How cute Ryan watching tv with his brother. Tehya is doing the same thing atm. I know they say you shouldn't let tv babysiot but what the hell, they are quiet and thats what I care about.

Sarah, I hope Mandy is OK. Good on you for going to the Drs with her too. Hope all goes well for your 6 weeks appt today. I'm sure it will. I remember when I was pg with Tehya, Mark said to me that there was no way his parents would be babysitting for Tehya because she is a girl because they never showed any interest in Noah when he was little and still to this day have never looked after him and they have his neices all of the time, ever since they were little babies. Isn't it about time your ILS got over all their issues??? Maybe you need to do what we did and boycott them for a while.

Tehya had a bath and went down by 8pm last night. She woke around 1ish and again alittle after 4am and up around 7am. Not too bad given the day we had with her. Thankfully she is in a much better mood today. She is in the loungeroom with Noah watching the tv and talking to herself. Have to get ready for swimming soon. Finally Noahs gastro seems to have gone \/ Can't believe how long it hung around for. Now we have to get him back into going the the toilet and wearing undies again. He wore undies to pre school on Friday and had no accidents alday so that was great.

Take care
    Trish

Hey Kathryn, I've noticed that you haven't been around as much. I just couldn't be bothered reposting my details again is all (I typed them up a few times)... wasn't having a dig or anything. I see that most of them are there now... thanx.

Trish, no you can't retract your statement!! You HAVE to have 10 of her now...lol. Hope you all had fun at swimming, fingers crossed Noah enjoys it today.

Glad to hear you got some housework done Deb, even tho I am sure there are lots of better thing you would prefer to be doing.

Nell, Yay for Matty's big sleep!! Fingers crossed it's only the beginning.

Sarah I hope the appointment with the Dr is uneventful. I rang up to make my appointmenyt over 2 weeks ago thinking I'll get in early so I can get in when she is 6weeks old... NO CHANCE! The earliest appointment I could make was for the 18th! So She'll be eight weeks old, and the day after she'll have immunisations done.

Violet has a sore bum!! Poor chook. It's just red, but when I wipe it she screams, and it doesn't help that she poos so much, every nappy change there is at least a squirt. So lots of nappy off time for Violet.

Tanya

Hi All,

I am getting so jealous of all your wonderful sleeps!!! We are still regularly waking up every 2-4 hours here, but at least I am getting a really good system to getting her back down. Its called feed her til it comes out her ears!!!

As for the reflux - I dont know, maybe she's just a chucky baby. After this mornings feed there were at least 10 chucks over about an hour. Some of them were REALLY chunky, and some were just watery. I have the dr's tomorrow, so maybe she'll shed some light on it.

I'm wiht Deb - GO GEELONG!!!! As for the hawks, well the only game they have one was after Jenna wore her hawks outfit, so I'm guessing she'll be in that ugly thing this weekend. Yuck. At least its small - it will only fit for another month or so!!

Sarah - I can't believe your IL's. Are you ever tempted just to give up?? You are a tower of strength the way you keep putting up with it all.

I'm having a solo outing today to KMart - I'm wearing the sling to keep nosy biddies away from her, so here's hoping she behaves! I've got to return some things we were given as they are just not needed. I swear I was given about 20 pairs of socks, and I alsready had a pile. So anything with the label still attached goes back!! And there is a really, really ugly outfit that still had the tags too - thats goign back as well. I'm a terrible person, but we just didn't need anymore clothes - not unless they are useful things. People just want to buy little girls cute things.

Fi

Gee thanks Tanya not letting me retract it. LOL. Thankfully she is much better today. I think I know why she was so grumpy 1. she has thrush in her mouth again, thankfully I got it early and there isn't alot and 2. I had pork to eat on Saturday (pig on a spit, yummm) anyway, it gives me shocking pains in the stomach and soooo much wind (sorry tmi ) anyway seems it does the same to my poor baby. Damn it, I love pork.
    What a bugger not being able to get into the Dr's sooner. Can you make arrangements for Violet to get her shots on the same day instead of having to make 2 trips???

Fi, great idea hiding bub in the sling. I had a few people stop to look in at Tehya when Nadine and I were out shopping on Friday. Sometimes you don't mind but others just want to stay and even have a chat for 10 minutes and it's like I have things to do, please go away. LOL @ taking the "ugly" outfit back to the shops. Better you get something that you like than hide it at the back of her wardrobe never to be worn. Hope you have a good time out shopping.

Noah was really good at swimming today, I think he has finally settled down there. Tehya has been awake for most of the day but thankfully she has been happy, just pooing and farting up a storm. Thats my girl....

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - yay for Noah getting the hang of swimming. That must be a relief. It's good to hear his gastro is gone too. A little less poo for you to deal with! Pity about the pork upsetting Tehya. It's always the way huh?

Fi - hope your trip to kmart went smoothly. Did you manage to get everything returned? LOL @ Jenna having to wear that hawks outfit. It is quite hideous! Brown and yellow just ain't Jenna's colours. Now, if Shane could barrack for a team that had hot pink in their colours, then you would be cooking with gas

Tanya - ouchies @ Violet's sore bum. The poor chook. You are right - I would much rather have been doing something other than vacuuming yesterday but I am SO glad I got to do it. The house feels heaps better now.

Trish & Nell - you will have to take a photo of some of your scrapbooking pages to show me how it's done. I have to take a crash course so that I can do Gabby's one day (whenever I get some time.... hmm... next decade?? ).

We went out for lunch with a friend and her 10 month old, Lucinda. Thankfully Gabby only wanted a short feed while we were there and it was relatively discreet. Went to the supermarket then home again for another big feed. She is fast asleep now in the crappy sling. I couldn't be bothered waiting for her to drop off to sleep before I jumped on the puter. I am a bad Mum So long as she sleeps, who cares, right? 8-[

Scarlett Guest

Wow, big start to the month. Have had a good long weekend, it is great to get two in a row. Football was great, another win for the cowboys. Emily loves it and is so well behaved. The only problem is she gets so distracted by the crowd when she is feeding it is really difficult to get her to have a full feed. Clever girl is refusing to have tummy time now that she has figured out how to roll over, she just flips onto her back and giggles.

Yey for all the good sleeping, fingers crossed it continues. Will do personals tommorrow.

Where to start :-k So much to catch up since yesterday morning!!

How are the scrapbooks going Nell? And yes I would agree that the layouts tak half the time!! Yay at Matthew's sleeps too, I'll have a bit of a woohoo in that regards in a minute

Naomi, my MIL wants me to have a girl cos she only had 2 boys & all the cousins but 1 are boys. So now it's up to me to bring some more girls into the family. And yeah, there is no way she'll be babysitting anyway! How cute of Ryan watching Toy Story

Deb, yay for getting the vaccuuming done - as much as it sucks (hehehe) it's great once it's done. Yay at getting an idea on what helps Gabby to sleep. Zander sleeps whenever he feels like it! Sometimes the bath works, sometimes not. Sooo did you make any scones? Great way to christen the oven I think!

How rude of Mark's family Trish. I think that Aaron's parents would be the same - only interested in the girls ](*,) Sad thing is I feel to guilty not letting them see Zander - stupid I know! Yay for Noah - both on the gastro finally going away, no accidents on Friday & his day at swimming.

Wow that's a long time to wait for your appointment Tanya. Poor Violet with a sore bum Hope it gets better real quick.

How did you go at KMart Fi? We ended up with mountains as well, but my big foot never fitted into any of them & silly mummy took all the tags off & washed them #-o

Yay for 2 long weekends in a row Scarlett, no such luck here! LOL at Emily rolling over everytime she's on her tummy - cheeky girl

Okey dokey, now for my looong update!

Our 6 week appoitnment was boring.
    For me - he said my scar is looking very good. He was horrified when I told him how my labour went saying that it was soooo wrong that they left me in 2nd stage for more than 5hrs - yeah I'd have to agree with that And now I'm back on the pill. I told Aaron & he was a bit upset saying that he wanted more babies... I just had to remind him that I can stop taking it again LOL. So the decision was sort of made that we'll be TTC around abouts Christmas time when Zander is 9months old :shock: I figured a minimum of an 18month gap is what I want. Besides that with Aaron's sperm count it's like to take us another 2yrs to get pregnant again.
    For Zander - all is good. His hearing is fine, hips are good & the crazy birth mark he has is just that - a crazy birth mark LOL! He wasn't weighed, but I did it on Sunday anyway, cos the Dr said not to worry about it. Basically he said he looks good & healthy so why bother with checking him against averages.

As for sleep I have a huuuge woohoo \/ Zander had his bottle last night at 9pm & was being a bit sooky, actually alot sooky! Got him to bed at 10.30 & went to bed myself thinking we were going to have another bad night. I woke up to him crying & checked the clock - it was 5.00am!!!!! He was changed, fed & back by bed at 5.23 & is still sleeping now I am one happy mummy today!

Yay Sarah - that's fantastic! Woo Hoo to Zander for big sleeps. Fingers crossed it continues! Also had to lol at you taking all the tags of his clothes and then his feet wouldn't fit in - same thing happened to us! I am keeping them anyway in case there is a next one and it's a boy, after that I'll sort out what to do with them. Scrapbooks going well.

Deb - I will snap a photo or two of my layouts but I can promise that Trish's will be waayyy better, she has been at it a lot longer than I have.

Naomi - house is going well. Found out on the weekend the builders forgot to put insulation in the roof. #-o So they are coming Friday to do that - silly people!

Tanya - hope Violet feels better soon with her red bum.

Trish - am so glad that Noah is better and woo hoo for him to last the day with no accidents! The book I am doing is only 10 pages and I figured that I could do a page, once a year for them both to add to it. Like for next Mothers Day I will have his first Christmas and First Birthday to scrap. Decorating the box lis a great idea and one I never thought of...

Scarlett - that's great Emily can roll over. When did she start doing it? Matty has tummy time every day and he is trying to get over but hasn't as yet.

Well, Matty slept well again, Yay! We had our first mums group, which went well. There were 6 mums there with bubs ranging in age from 4 weeks to 12 weeks, also there was only one girl, the rest were boys! Turns out we are all pretty much a bunch of chatterboxes, which is great and there was one girl there from my antenatal class, it was good to see her as well. Talk about a small world, 4 of the girls are ex Geelong (I was born and bred Geelong) and I went to Matthew Flinder Girls High School, turns out another one of the girls did too and she was in the year below me! Unbelievable. Just small world conindences happening all over the place. (Right Deb? ) And Matty slept through the whole thing! Even more amazing.

Debbie Lee Guest

It certainly IS a small world, Nell. Although, hearing that you are from Geelong makes sense. This sorta stuff alllllways happens to Geelong people For example, one of the chicks I went to Uni with and consequently ended up working with out at Manorvale grew up next door to Neil. She freaked when she put two and two together. "You are married to Neil Morris??". She also just lives around the corner from where we are now. The people we meet, hey? Thanks for taking photos of your scrapbooks for me. I am really interested in it now. I had a small research online yesterday and it looks like lotsa fun. Perhaps I should find out if there are some classes running in Geelong somewhere.

Sarah - wooo hoooo Zander! What a grrrreat sleep! Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, hey? Fingers crossed. Sounds like your 6 week appointment was nice and boring. Ours is today. Unfortunately my doctor is away which is a bit disappointing. I wanted him to meet Gabby. Ah well. I am sure there will be a next time No scones here because I went out yesterday. I now have no oven again as they had to pull it out last night to do the cooktop. N E way, it got to 10pm and BIL decided he was too tired to continue. I don't know why I bothered vacuuming and mopping as there is now saw-dust all through the house. Not only did they not clean up after themselves but they traipsed it all through the house on their shoes and socks. Urrgh!

Scarlett - good to hear that Emily has a good time at the football. I am hoping to take Gabby one day. Neil's mates have social club memberships so it will be much nicer than standing on the outer like they normally do. Apparently they can invite one guest for each game so they are going to invite Neil and I along a bit later in the year. She is a cheeky girl for rolling over during tummy time. All part of the process though, hey? Thanks for reminding me - Gabby needs to have more tummy time I think!

Well, another 8 hour sleep last night. I am very spoilt. She was soooooo grizzly last night tho. I ended up giving her a bath even though I wanted to only do it every second night. She instantly relaxed and was in there for aaaggges kicking around and having a right-royal time. I just LOVE the first morning feed when she guzzles the huge amount of milk that has stored up. She is so warm and cuddly. And the SMILES I get afterwards. Just priceless!

Grrr at Neil & his brother Deb, I hope they finish the kitchen off for you tonight. What a shame your Dr won't meet Gabby yet. Our Dr is away on holidays when Zander gets his needles so it will be someone else giving them to him.

Yeah I have thought the same thing about putting away any clothes Zander can't wear Nell. He has some summer clothes in 000 that I don't think he'll get to wear. Yay for Matthew sleeping well again, sounds like our bubbas are all getting their routines down now. Glad your mums group went well. Next week I start on Infants Info sessions, but there is someone there that helps with sleep, settling, feeding etc. I think that will turn into a mums group once the sessions are over.

Nell - that is so funny about all the Geelong co-inkidinks!! Deb filled me in on your shared one, and I had to laugh. I was watching Sunrise this morning, and the woman they flew over from Oz was a fundraiser for the church in Drysdale - which is were Shane lived for 20 years (and where the ex-witch still lives with the kids). I wrote down the name, and I'm sure he'll know her. I'm looking forward to my mothers group, although I'm not optimistic about the people in it. I know of one other from our ANC, but Newcomb can have some ferals, so I'm hoping there wont be too many of them! What a snob I am!!

K Mart was fine, of course there was 25% off baby clothes, so I missed out on about $5, but thats fine. I bought a bath toy and a screen for the car window. There was only one outfit I was tempted with, and bugger me when I got home there was another present from a friend - it was that exact outfit!! Its a little pink top and 2 pairs of pants and it says - I love my Daddy. So cute.

Deb - hoping your kitchen comes along a little more today. We need to vacuum this house, but I'd rather get the nappies on the line! I have 2 outings today - drs and netball, so I can't do everything. We have decided to pay a couple of guys at work to help out with the last of the painting this weekend, cause I'm sick of Shane being away from me all the time. he still has to go out to water the lawn though, but that only takes a little while.

Sarah - GREAT SLEEP!!! You lucky thing! I do find that when Jenna is really, really full she sleeps a little longer. we can often get 4-5 hours out of her before she gets really grizzly. Selfish me sometimes wishes I'd give her a bottle at night though just to get a bit more sleep. I'm not taking anymore labels off anything until I'm ready to basically put her in it. I'm impressed with your TTC plans. I have to have that chat today with the Dr, and I'm just not sure what to do. I thought I'd just rely on bfding, and if I fell pregnant, so be it. Now........ I dont want another baby for a couple of years!!! Wouldn't it be funny if you got a BFP straight away? And as for the sex - tell your IL's its all Aarons fault anyway.

Trish - Jenna farted away in the sling at K Mart - it was quite embarrassing! And this old biddy the other day stuck her hairy chin in the sling. Wanted to know all about her name. Yuck - I'll never do it again to people!!! UNless of course its someone I know.

Right - better get the nappies hung out. I can't wait until shes 5kg and fits all the other nappies I have. 6 nappies is not anywhere near enough, and I've gone through about 70 disposables now in 3 weeks!! I need to get some more today.

Fi

Hey girls

Woohooo Zander!! A start of things to come... fingers crossed!

Aww Deb, what a tease!! I hope you get to use your oven soon. Yay at another 8hours sleep... lucky thing you are!

Another big sleep for Matty.. Yay! Sometimes when they have a big sleep you wonder if it will continue or if it was just a one off. Great to hear it is continuing.

Scarlett, great to hear that Em was a good girl at the football. What a clever girl rolling from front to back... ususally they do it the other way round.. back to front. So she is extra clever!!

Violets bum is almost better, still a tiny bit tender, but no more screaming from it.
    I am buying a kiddy trailer for my bike. It is for the girls to sit in while I ride. I saw one in a bike shop in Shep and decided I had to have one. I was wondering how I would ever ride a bike again with two little ones and this is the solution!! I am getting it off ebay tho... much cheaper!! Cant wait to get it so I can try it out. Of course Violet is much too little to go in it yet, but still Em can help me try it out . I suppose I better get her a helmet!!

Tanya

The kiddy trailer sounds like a good idea Tanya. Yay at Violet's bum being a bit better, that didn't take too long.

I was wondering Fi, if anyone would comment on our TTC plans! How funny is it that a few weeks ago I was saying NEVER AGAIN!!! Also, how on earth are you surviving with only 6 nappies? You must be washing constantly.

Oh just noticed... Tanya your details are all on the intro post for you now. I tracked them down again & passed them onto Kathryn for you.

I just added another picture to Alexzander's website.
    I took it yesterday & he looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid LOL - HERE IT IS!

Soo much to catch up on.

WOOHOO for a fantastic sleep for you guys Sarah. Good boy Zander, maybe you need to come and show Tehya how it's done becaues I swear she has become the queen of catnaps atm. Good that your checkup was uneventful. LOL at you trying again in 7 months time. It's seems like only yesterday you were saying no more Zander looks a real cutie in his pic to Sarah, not like a cabbage patch kid at all.

Fi, LOL at the old lady whith her hairy chin. Maybe when she was asking all those questions you could have asked her about her whiskers. So does Jenna fart really loud too, I think other people will her Tehya and think it's me. Maybe I can just blame it on her 8-[

Deb, Bloody men hey. I swear if we want something done properly we need to do it ourself. GRRR at them not finishing it for you. Those smiles after you feed are just like a big "thanks Mum" hey, too sweet.

Tanya, glad to hear that Violets bum has gotten better. Your trailer sounds like a great idea. I don't even have the energy to jump on a bike let alone tow around 2 kids behind it. Good on you for getting it cheaper off ebay too.

Nell, I just got a box like a gift box and sort of decopaged (i know I spelt that wrong) it and added tags and stuff to the top then modge podged the whole thing to make it stronger. I wish I had the time these days to scrap. I don't even bother dragging it out atm with 2 little ones what's the point.

Scarlett, what a clever girl Emily is, growing up too fast. Glad that she was good at the footy for you too.

BTW, Deb I uploaded one of Noah's scrap pages to Tehya's webpage. You know how to find it

Where has my good sleeping baby gone? She still sleeps ok in the night but during the day since Saturday she has just been having catnaps. I put her to bed and she's awake 5 minutes later. She's asleep in her swing atm and still keeps waking up. I'm not picking her up though. It's just very frustrating when you get the big one to sleep you think theres a chance to have a rest then she wakes up ](*,)

Take care
    Trish

Tanya, we have a bike trailer for Alex, and it's how he travels most of the time. It's just wonderful, and is a great double pram as well (because it's made for the bike, it just rolls along beautifully!) We got ours from the bike shop in Shepp, check out Dean Woods Direct online (he's in Wangaratta) he does them for about $450, we got ours for $500 on sale.

Best of luck, they're just marvellous! Ours is a Pacific brand, and Alex doesn't get wet even when it hails! Makes DH fit too, (and slows him down enough so that I can go riding with him!)

Scarlett Guest

Sarah - glad your appointment was 'boring' guess they are the best ones really. The picture of Zander is just gorgeous. Its funny how you change your mind about other kids. I was always adamant no more that two and definently not before 4yrs. Now I don't like the thought of my next baby being my last and 4yrs seems an awfully long time to wait. Weird hey.

Tanya - glad Violet is better, Kev swears that Emily has rolled from back to front but I haven't seen any indication of it just yet. Love the idea of the bike thingy.

Trish - Emily has days where cat naps are all she will do, it is so frustrating. i hope you get some time out soon.

Nell - she has been trying to roll for a while but did so on friday, now she has got the hang of it you cant stop her. She laughs at herself when she does it - so cute.

Deb - I love taking Em to the football, she has a little cowboys jumpsuit to wear and gets lots of admiring glances. Fortunatley we have good seats that are easy to get in and out of without bothering other people.

Its great that so many people are into scrapping. I love it - when i get time and agree that they layout is the hardest bit, it takes me ages.

Emily is sleeping ok at the moment usually at least 6hrs sometimes 8. She woke at 5.30 this morning and I went in and stroked her head for a bit and she went off to sleep again until 7am. Yey. Still fighting to get her to drink from a bottle, the teats she likes (pidgeon) don't seem to be fast enough for her and after the 'y' opening they don't seem to have another step up, frustrating.

Divvy, The one on ebay that I have bid on is the pacific one as well. The one in the bike shop in Shep (can't remember which one) was a different brand for $555, the one on ebay is $360. Sounds like I am getting a good bargan . The ppl who have it up for auction are in Yarrawonga, so I don't have to pay for postage either. I am going to meet them in Shepparton.

Sarah, Zander is sooooo cute! I know I've said it b4, but he reeally is!Glad that all went well at the drs. I think I am going to go on the mini pill, I have a script, just need to get it filled, but I'm in no hurry...iykwim. Wato and I have sort of avioding talking about birth control for the long term. But I think it is only fair that he has the snip. But I have also been thinking 'what if I decide I want another one'... I've been soooo clucky and almost feel jealous of pg women. Weird I know!

Scarlett, I remember when Alecia was a baby... she was a guts and could never get enough! Mum either used a hot needle or a razor to make the holes in bottle teats bigger.

Bugger about Tehya's sleeping habbits atm! Hopefull she gets back to your 'good sleeping baby' soon.

Oh yeah, thanks for getting my details to Kathryn, Sarah.

I wonder how long till Zola is back online. Zola if you get a chance to read these, I hope you are all doing well and your little Bas is being a good boy for his mummy.

Colleen... thinking of you too!

Tanya

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast