Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, October 05

Ellibam Guest

hi girls
    well after a great 6 week check up we were both health on tuesday guess what i go and get!!!!
    damn MASTITIS!!!!!
    i have been feverish and headachy for the last two days am now on antibiotic which have helped sooooo much but my poor boob!!!! ](*,)
    and also makon is having his growth spurt to so he wants more out of them then i can give at the mo so he gets frustrated and feeds take so much longer.
    any way that my whinge
    catch ya all later

Kirsty77 Guest

All I have to say is.....Divvy, Ned is the ring leader of the porker gang!!!!!!!!!WOW hes put on so much weight!Obviously loving his feeds!!!

Ouchie ellissa on having mastitis!Don't envy you at all...hope it all clears up really soon for you.

Hope Isaac had a great birthday Nixie!Wow at him being 7!!!

Soph, I hope you and Lucie are having a great weekend.

How are you going Fletch and jo?How are your gorgeous bubs?

Oh Ellissa you poor thing. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Divvy - Wow what a growth spurt! Porky pie! I think Lucie takes the runt of the litter!

Kirsty - You managing to keep out of this heat? Do you have air con?

Jo - MMmmmm a bit sceptical about the chiro. Will wait and see.

Nix - Hope Isaac had a super birthday.

Well another horror day yesterday and last night, to the point that I actually showered ready for a trip to the emergency dept this morning. Then I managed to get 50ml into the mite. I tell ya I'm at my wits end with reflux and feeding issues. But a friend (who has been my guardian angel) is friends with someone who works at Riverton (a baby community hospital place) and recommended we try Karicare AR (yes another formula!) which is thickened, and also to try narrow neck bottles instead of Avent ones. To be honest, Lucie has never really got her little lips around the Avent teats properly anyway. So I dashed to the chemist and she took 100ml. Such a relief. So today we are doing more frequent smaller feeds. As long as she is hydrated then we can work on it at home. Sorry to bore you all with my feeding dramas. You all must be fed up hearing about it!

Kirsty77 Guest

Soph don't apologise!Am I going to have to come to Brissie to slap some sense into you!Your not boring us. Thats what we're here for, support! Really glad to hear that you got some formula into her.Gem hasn't been feeding alot either this week.Last week she was polishing off each 120ml bottle, but now she downs anywhere from 40-70 ml and yesterday was particuarly bad cause its hot and she only took 40-60ml each feed then puked it all back up then fell asleep!ARHHHH!!!It really does your head in doesn't it!But what we have to remember is that they are gaining weight, and if they are doing wee's then they are hydrated, and thats all that matters.

It has been really hot here too.We have an airconditioner in our bedroom, but our house has ceiling fans in every room, although when its really hot it doesn't help.

Hope your day gets better today Soph.Maybe its the heat affecting our bubs eating?Take care.............

Oh thanks Kirsty, your post has made me feel so much better
    You are right, the heat probably doesn't help. It's actually reassuring to hear that Gemma only has small feeds too, and I think she is a heap bigger than Lucie. You know, I think the whole bottle feeding really messes with your head, because I know that I get fixated on the number of mils that she eats, whereas I wouldn't have a clue how much she was taking if I was breastfeeding. Anyway, I'll weigh the munchkin on Monday and regardless, I'm going to ask the paed to write us a referral to Riverton, so at least we can do a day stay and someone can actually watch how she feeds. No one has ever done that before.

Have a great day Kirsty. And thanks again!

Soph, don't apologise. As Kirsty said that's what we are here for...
    Maddison was on Karicare soy formula the entire time she was bottle fed & then happily & safely went on to cows milk.

I have bought a tin of S26, for topping Indah up @ night (well that was the plan so she'd sleep longer).

She will guzzle 180ml it seems the formula is making her windier & she wakes every 2 hours after the bottlle with pain like screaming... So not sure, but think it's not worth it! When she breast feeds she will sleep from 9pm til about 4am...

So will stick to that, but as I return to work Full Time in Jan, she will have to start taking formula late Dec, might have to try a few different ones also...
    I get her weighed again on Wed & have our 6 wk appointment on Friday so will see how she's doing...

She is waking now, so gotta run, but Hi & Thanks to all that have asked about us... Other than the formula thingy all is really good here, got a busy w/end coming up...

Hey welcome Divvy!!!!

Good morning lovely ladies.

Fletch and Tracey - thank you so much!

Fletch - yay on giggles, how cute!!!!

Tracey - Yeah the formula thing is tricky. I have a huge pile of them if you want them to try! Actually I have some sachets of Karicare Gold if you want them? I say just give Indah the boobie juice while you can.

Well touch wood, the thick formula seems to be helping. Have also ditched the avent bottles and back on the narrow ones. lucie has really a really little mouth and I think she was just gulping way too much wind down the sides. Gotta get myself resorted now on the bottle front.

Will weigh Lucie again tomorrow, fingers crossed she's put on something, I'd be happy with 100g after a pretty bad week. Will let ya know....

Oh Fletch your MIL sounds like a twit!!!! Can't believe Zane is 3 months now. We'll miss you in here but see ya soon I guess!

Hi girls, Im finally getting in here to join this thread!

Tracey - I had Leah on S26 as a top up feed as the last feed of the night for about 2 weeks and in the second week she became constipated, I couldnt work out why at the time and she was really grizzly and uncomfortable and straining all the time, I used baby seppositories on her for 2 days and that did the trick (boy did it do the trick!!) but after that time and still not going herself we took her to the GP who said it would be the formula that was causing it and to half the mixture, so half of the recommended formula to the same amount of water. I ditched the idea of a formula feed last thing at night and just thought it better to BF her even if it is every few hours doing the night.

Fletch - I am so looking forward to those baby giggles - we are just getting a good run of smiles happening now - definately gets the tears welling up!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey everyone

Amanda-Yeh getting lots of smiles!Gemma recognises both Corey and myself now and the mornings are the best as she gets really excited when she sees us!!It just melts my heart!

Soph-Have you weighed Lucie?Hopefully shes packed on at least the 100gms you want.

Fletch-Your MIL does sound like an idiot Fletch.Yeh on graduating to the 3-6mth forum!We'll see you there soon!!!!!!!!

Tracey, Divvy, Ellissa, Nixie and Jo...........how are you and your gorgeous bubs going?

Well we moved Gemma into her cot which is in her room last night.Its just accross the hall from our room and yet I was nervous all afternoon and night about moving her in there!We have a baby monitor with a camera though and we hooked it up so it goes through our tv and then I can watch her all night!Didn't really get much sleep as I was nervously watching her all night!She slept really well though and only woke the once for a feed!It didn't bother her at all that she was in there, it was just me!Better go the muchkin has spat out her dummy............

Hi Amanda! Leah Ann is soooooo cute!

Well girls weigh in this morning and....160g! Actually it's a funny story. I put her on the scales and they said 4830g and I though 'Oh good 110g'. Then I was sitting in an info session on sickness in children and they were talking about weight gain, and I suddenly thought 'hang on, that's 210g not 110g because she weighed 4620g last week'. Anyway so I thought I was going mad (quite possible!) and weighed her again after the class and she was 4780g (with a big wet nappy) so I'll go with that. Talk about baby brain - and I'm an accountant!!!!!!!!!

Kirsty - Well done on putting Gemma in her own room and wow, what a baby monitor! You are high tech people!!!

Forgot to add that my aim is to become totally less stressed about this weight thing. Munchkin is obviously fine. Now it's time to really enjoy her.

Hello lovely ladies

Elissa honey hope you are recovering from your mastitis...its yucky yucky yucky..hopefully the antibiotics have kicked in now..so hoping you are all well.

Soph that is so great to hear little Lucie has put on so much weight..wtg Lucie..she will be joining us in the porka forum in no time....and sweetie you can let out your worries anytime..that what we all here for.

Fletchie i second Sophs twit statement...what can i say MILs!!! Geesh..anyone would think she hadnt smelt baby poo before. Dont stress...its not worth it.

Hello Amanda and Leah. Glad to hear your darling girl is doing well..well cept for the constipation but glad you are over that now.

Hi Kirsty..glad the move went well for Gemma. Clever little sausage isnt she and those smiles are just gorgeous.

Well we had a lovely weekend..went right down south yesterday and went up a lighthouse..kids thought it was pretty cool. We moved Sammy into his cot too though it didnt go so well. We brought it into our room but he was very unsettled and i ended up bringing the bassinette back in. Even still he didnt go down til 12. He was as tired as anything taking the girls to school this morning poor little bubby. I have yet to use our baby monitor..bugga..all these expensive little gadgets...lol. Will keep persevering though...i think he might be overstimulated in there with the mobile and aquatic musical thingie..cos he just starts talking to his bugs on his mobile...lol.

Well i have a tonne of washing to do so best get onto it while hes asleep.

Have a nice day ladies.

Jo

Jo - that is such a cute pic of Sammy. Hope you have a better night tonight with him in his room.

Thanks Soph...

Fletchie Sammy and I will be joining you on Wednesday..bye for now.

Jo

wow Kirsty that sure is one hi-tech baby monitor - im impressed! and I dont think I could stop watching the screen either.
    Ive been putting Leah in her cot for her daytime naps to get her used to the room and she doesn't seem to mind at all - I think it would be me who will have the sleepless night when she is moved out of her bassinett for the first time.

Thank you Soph I think she is cute too Try not to stress about the weight thing - on the opposite end of the scale I have only had Leah weighed once since we left hospital (getting her weighed on thursday though) but she was next to a 5 month old on the weekend and Leah looked longer (it was hard to tell though in her harness) and definately chubbier - I think I may have to join that porker thread!! will know for sure on thursday.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Ellibam Guest

hi girls
    well my mastitis has gone!!! Makon is still having his growth spurt he slept 12 hours lastnight!! and is asleep again now! what a beautiful baby he is!
    We went walking yesterday, mowed some of the lawn today(its ment to be bens job)it usually takes about 3 hours to do our lawns. but have been out trying to enjoy this glorious weather!!!

Kirsty it is a high tech monitor. ive seen the ones where there is a mat under the sheet that detects movement and breathing i thought that was good but i would prefer a camera one i think.

Soph yay at lucies wieght gain you must be really happy with it!

Fletch Mils can be terrible, i dont trust mine near makon and am always watching her.(i sound like the over protective mum but im going with my instincts)

Jo, i put makon in his cot during the day but he doesn't sleep long i think he might be over stimulated to!!

hope everyone else is enjoy your little precious bundles

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234